PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Winnie
27th September 2012, 06:21 PM
Get a quote from DGA they were the cheapest by far for me. $10000+ all accessories for $1100 and a $500 excess. And I'm a P plater too!

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

threedogs
27th September 2012, 06:51 PM
If you were members of a club, you'd be covered anywhere on the planet plus all accessories, and cheaper too

Winnie
27th September 2012, 06:52 PM
Yep DGA cover anywhere. Could be cheaper in a club though. Bloody good price though I reckon especially for a P plater.

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

robbo0001
27th September 2012, 07:53 PM
Cleaned MAF, blew out air filter, tightened every 10 mm bolt in engine bay. (Cos it was to far to shed to change the socket to another size)
Beers were cold though.maybe that was the reason?

mrflibbles
27th September 2012, 11:03 PM
gave the factory alloys a good scrub, they look good now! (i thought they were a dirty gold colour turns out they are silver!)
checked out why the passenger side hub was hard to turn, pulled it apart cleaned it and greased it, turns great now.
secured the grille with zip ties!

Dinger
28th September 2012, 12:57 AM
Well as posted got new rtyre rims and 2" lift.
Today replaced the ignition barrel and door locks and started my storage boxes and made some new panel for the sides in the back as well.
The first photo is the new lift etc
The second storage (I will update as I go)
The last one is my son parking his 4WD next to dads.

threedogs
28th September 2012, 08:41 AM
WOW Dinger He's only a little tacker hey, could hardly see him. LOL
4x4 looking the goods now, gotta be happy with that.

Dinger
28th September 2012, 10:10 AM
Cheers Threedogs it is getting there

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2012, 04:05 PM
Just got a phone from the mechanic, the ute is finished and been dynoed ........190rwhp at 21psi the biggest shock of the day is the torque 1626 Nm

Bigrig
28th September 2012, 04:10 PM
Just got a phone from the mechanic, the ute is finished and been dynoed ........190rwhp at 21psi the biggest shock of the day is the torque 1626 Nm

You told me 120 HP and 626 Nm ....

Lying b@stard ....

Lmfao!!! All I can say is, that's incredible!!!! You have every right to be grinning!!

Ben-e-boy
28th September 2012, 06:54 PM
You told me 120 HP and 626 Nm ....

Lying b@stard ....

Lmfao!!! All I can say is, that's incredible!!!! You have every right to be grinning!!

your the lying b@stard i told you 3 hp and 12nm lmao

BigRAWesty
28th September 2012, 07:00 PM
Started to fit my 1" cab lift. Exposed all the bolts under the carpet and covered them in crc before leaving for work..
Dam those square plastic caps along side the middle seats are a pain to lift..
While door seals are up I'll run wire for the new rear work light.

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

oncedisturbed
28th September 2012, 07:05 PM
Even though the rig just got a new motor, gave it a 2k service and put in a tablet mount in the back for munchkin on the long drives.

Started packing the rig for a weekends shooting :)

Tap, Tap Taparoo

threedogs
28th September 2012, 07:46 PM
Hey Westy how come only 1", isnt that lower than std.??

BigRAWesty
29th September 2012, 01:16 AM
I thought the same when first investigated, But you lift by adding the spacer under the stock rubber ones. That's why it's critical there the same diameter.
I only want 1" to mount sliders and more room fit a long range tank. Hoping for 130L +.. 50% bigger.

macca86
29th September 2012, 07:01 AM
Packed hooked trailer up now to check fluids get diesel and head to the forum meet

Petit caillou
29th September 2012, 02:24 PM
some air

http://imageshack.us/a/img189/5199/hpim2681p.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/hpim2681p.jpg/)

http://imageshack.us/a/img39/7728/hpim2695.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/39/hpim2695.jpg/)

regards
Petit caillou.

BigRAWesty
29th September 2012, 08:17 PM
^^ thats a tear down...

Got the cab lift in.. All sweet..
620 from center of the front wheel hub to body, and 660 on the rear.

Bloodyaussie
29th September 2012, 08:59 PM
I have started the job of fitting a compressor and also an inverter plus run fuse box in the rear!!

Also installed a 3rd battery in the rear to power it all.

BigRAWesty
30th September 2012, 06:40 PM
Took the family for a arvo beach run in the trol. First one since can lift, and can't engage low range.. Have to investigate...

NissanGQ4.2
30th September 2012, 06:51 PM
Took the family for a arvo beach run in the trol. First one since can lift, and can't engage low range.. Have to investigate...

Sounds like you need 2 notch the floor pan out or modify the selector

BigRAWesty
30th September 2012, 09:29 PM
If I notch the floor the boot won't fit then.
It has 12mm gearbox spacers under it to correct the lift, so I might try remove that first. If not I might try adjust the linkage.

growler2058
3rd October 2012, 04:41 PM
Took 150ml of rear diff oil out and added 150ml of engine oil flush. It's worked for others so here goes ;-)

Double Tap

macca
5th October 2012, 04:59 PM
It wasnt today but I did get it quite dirty, took about 4 hours with the gerni and its still got crud stuck in nooks and crannies

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201213.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201214.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201215.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201216.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201210.jpg

daggy
5th October 2012, 05:04 PM
Today, I picked up and fitted a Tigerz11 Grande 12,000lb winch, and over the past few weeks I have fitted a genuine steel winch bar, rated recovery points to the front, make and installed a table for the rear door, fiited LED lights over the table and into the awning, and last but not least fitted a rear work light.

Winnie
5th October 2012, 06:47 PM
Got some blue spotlight covers, huge mod lol.

MEGOMONSTER
5th October 2012, 07:54 PM
Ordered my 55w HID kit for my IPF900 bar spotties with internal ballasts. But unfortunately I cannot get HID kit with internal ballast for my 5 x IPF808 on the roof rack and don't really want to fit externally on the rack.

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Winnie
5th October 2012, 08:19 PM
Copy cat I also ordered some 55W HIDs for my spotties, no way to mount them internally though.

threedogs
5th October 2012, 08:33 PM
Mego how come they wont fit???

MEGOMONSTER
5th October 2012, 08:48 PM
Although I haven't looked into it myself, the guys I bought the kit off reckon there just isn't enough space inside the housing of IPF808's for a ballast and wiring to convert. Only using ballast externally. 20763
Quite a skinny spottie
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/30.jpg

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

MC97GQ
6th October 2012, 09:03 AM
It wasnt today but I did get it quite dirty, took about 4 hours with the gerni and its still got crud stuck in nooks and crannies

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201213.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201214.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201215.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201216.jpg
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201210.jpg

Hey Macca,

Did you leave your truck parked in western Sydney for a while I notice someone took all your wheels:tongue:

threedogs
6th October 2012, 12:36 PM
Mego Noticed you have an Auspit too, great piece of kit eh.

MEGOMONSTER
6th October 2012, 12:47 PM
Mego Noticed you have an Auspit too, great piece of kit eh.

The first time I took it camping they all look at it and said it a useless piece of shizen, until I cooked on it, now they all say " make sure you bring the auspit"
It is expensive for what it is, but bit has it paid for itself. Just throw on what ever you want, turn it on, come back when it's ready. Beautiful, can't rate it highly enough. Get one and you won't go back.

threedogs
6th October 2012, 03:10 PM
I got one alright, went on a sponsors drive with 4wd tv ,Rhett from auspit supplied food.
couldn't figure out this 6' wok thing he had, I thought light a fire underneath and slap steaks on
the inside,. But no it was a fire pit after filming and arriving back at "camp", Rhett had 6 or so
Auspit going, beef, lamb. venison and pork ,spuds onion in general a feast, then later peaches dribbled with honey
. Pic is mate Phil watching 5kg of beef turning, very hard to stuff up a spit. 100% best piece of kit going around

NissanGQ4.2
6th October 2012, 03:23 PM
Hey Macca,

Did you leave your truck parked in western Sydney for a while I notice someone took all your wheels:tongue:

Don't be like that, we in western Sydney don't worry about stealing just the wheels these days, easier just to steal the whole thing,

Also we would wait for a gq 2 steal, we wouldn't waste our time with a GU........we know GQ's are the better Patrol :)

macca
6th October 2012, 06:01 PM
Hey Macca,

Is that where they are? Have to have a word with the dog I reckon LOL

Flat out laying in the shade....

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh94/maccas01/Nissan/NissanForumOct201223.jpg

The BigFella
8th October 2012, 07:23 AM
I replaced both my washer pumps, bought 2x off fleabay. Didnt realise I had purchased two units for the front washers. Made a subtle adjustment (sliced off restricting tab) and all good!
Now they "squirt" like never before.

Winnie
8th October 2012, 07:27 AM
I ordered new washer pumps for mine on Friday, they are so weak at the moment lol

taslucas
8th October 2012, 10:53 AM
I ordered new washer pumps for mine on Friday, they are so weak at the moment lol

Do new ones pump more/better? I was thinking about upgrading mine somehow so they actually clean mud off the windscreen.

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
8th October 2012, 11:12 AM
Dunno yet I'll let you know when I get them. The jets on mine barely even make it to the windscreen lol.

taslucas
8th October 2012, 11:44 AM
Dunno yet I'll let you know when I get them. The jets on mine barely even make it to the windscreen lol.

Have you tried cleaning out the holes with a pin?

Tap, crackle, pop

Winnie
8th October 2012, 11:54 AM
Yep and blowed compressed air through the hoses too, motors are worn out!

taslucas
8th October 2012, 12:10 PM
Bugger

Tap, crackle, pop

threedogs
8th October 2012, 12:17 PM
X 2 with taslucas, I use a sewing needle to clear them ,but you need the hose off the back of them {TOM CATS}, needle
helps line them up too. I call them tom cats don't know why, all my mates call them that too, have for as long as I can remember.

rusty_nail
8th October 2012, 12:22 PM
I replaced mine and they work a treat. The only thing I found to be a problem was the hose to the rear was blocked up with gunk. Even putting a hose onto it it didn't really clean it out. Does anyone know a chemical which will clean all that build up? I would try draino but I think it might eat the hose lol

Tappin

Bob
8th October 2012, 12:24 PM
X 2 with taslucas, I use a sewing needle to clear them ,but you need the hose off the back of them {TOM CATS}, needle
helps line them up too. I call them tom cats don't know why, all my mates call them that too, have for as long as I can remember.

I think it has something to do with Tom Cats Urinating LOL

taslucas
8th October 2012, 12:50 PM
I think it has something to do with Tom Cats Urinating LOL

I take out the middle man and just call them pissers lol

Tap, crackle, pop

The BigFella
8th October 2012, 01:47 PM
they work unreal now, better then ever before. Dont know if they are higher pressure? But they sure do squirt good now!!!!!!!!

megatexture
8th October 2012, 05:56 PM
fitted my new harris hardcase and love it cheers mal!

nismo404
8th October 2012, 08:36 PM
Broke the rear steering linking rod in the bush on Sunday, luckily I had a spare from my donor Patrol and was back out there in the bush today fixing it. Unlike the 100 series landcruiser that had to be towed home. Although I suppose he didn't feel safe leaving his 50K truck overnight compared to my 5K Safari

Winnie
8th October 2012, 08:57 PM
Put the 55W HIDs through my spotties and it's like turning the sun back on at night.

Dinger
13th October 2012, 08:44 PM
Did the a/t filter and fluids 1 hour work dragged out to 3 hours with the rug rats help

MEGOMONSTER
13th October 2012, 10:23 PM
I put in my 55w HID light into my IPF900 spotties on the front bar.

optic
14th October 2012, 02:10 PM
Got the controller back for the winch, tried it out. No result.
Then removed the winch for further testing.
Bloody thing is holding up a trip.

MudRunnerTD
14th October 2012, 02:33 PM
Got the controller back for the winch, tried it out. No result.
Then removed the winch for further testing.
Bloody thing is holding up a trip.

Hot wire the winch to a battery and see if it works mate? The controller operates the solenoid pack which is jut a big relay. Hot wire the winch for a second to see if your fault is the controller, the solenoid or the winch. There could be nothing wrong with the winch ;)

threedogs
14th October 2012, 02:39 PM
Anyone tried those remote control jobs?? Oh I just looked at Patrol again today and Monday

MudRunnerTD
14th October 2012, 02:47 PM
Anyone tried those remote control jobs?? Oh I just looked at Patrol again today and Monday

I have a couple of RC 1/10 scale Rock Crawlers Great Fun 3dogs

threedogs
14th October 2012, 04:48 PM
I mean't remote control for winch, and yes got my Rock crawler from simon, bloody thing goes anywhere, building a trailer soon to carry frothies around camp

MudRunnerTD
14th October 2012, 04:53 PM
I mean't remote control for winch, and yes got my Rock crawler from simon, bloody thing goes anywhere, building a trailer soon to carry frothies around camp

Lol that's the same as mine!

Have you done any upgrades to it? I recommend new tyres!! Massive change! Also while your there some lead wheel weights in each tyre (100gm per tyre) and this will also be a BIG upgrade..

I like your trailer idea!! Just need someone at the other end to load the trailer!

Winnie
14th October 2012, 05:10 PM

Yeah used one today on a mate's 60 cruiser. (bogged where my patrol crawls through no problems) Ironman winch no problems with it.

The BigFella
14th October 2012, 05:16 PM
well I start a new job tomorrow and some of you have heard before that I sleep in the rear when on the road towing all sorts of cargo up and down the east coast.
Had a good set up. Had to remove the right side rear seat that gave me the length for my 6f2i frame, our Waeco is always in the rear, Coleman Dual Fuel stove and cooking box of goodies!
So we removed the bed replaced the rear seat and returned him back to a station wagon again!

Really looking forward to getting back to some normality,,,,,,,,

MEGOMONSTER
14th October 2012, 06:23 PM
Christmas lights are up and running.

Dinger
14th October 2012, 08:57 PM
Ran an Anderson plug of the isolator to the back and into the caravan

MEGOMONSTER
15th October 2012, 10:18 AM
Going to get it washed by the people who love to wash cars.

Jack taps here...........

shakey55
15th October 2012, 06:14 PM
I ran cable from second battery to Anderson plug at rear of truck, so I can charge camper trailer batteries while driving. Of course I added fuse at battery end

'shakey'

DX grunt
15th October 2012, 06:17 PM
Washed it.

Lifted the bonnet up too quick and all this s#it came out of the gas strut. Hissed and bubbled at me and everything. lol

Now I gotta temporarily prop the bonnet up with a piece of wood!!!

Winnie
15th October 2012, 06:22 PM
Put new pumps in the washer bottle.

taslucas
15th October 2012, 06:36 PM
Washed it.

Lifted the bonnet up too quick and all this s#it came out of the gas strut. Hissed and bubbled at me and everything. lol

Now I gotta temporarily prop the bonnet up with a piece of wood!!!

hahahaha its a GU thing i guess........... poor GU drivers

taslucas
15th October 2012, 06:37 PM
Yeah used one today on a mate's 60 cruiser. (bogged where my patrol crawls through no problems) Ironman winch no problems with it.

one good thing about the remote controls for winchs is if you by yourself or if your in a dodgy situation, you can stand clear of everything and work the winch from a distance.

Steve4wdin
15th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Fitted new tail lights and wired them sh$$ it makes a differance. They look better than factory ones IMO. No more getting abused for not idicating and 2 reversing lights.Stupid Nissan

Winnie
15th October 2012, 07:23 PM
one good thing about the remote controls for winchs is if you by yourself or if your in a dodgy situation, you can stand clear of everything and work the winch from a distance.

Yeah, he was in a sticky situation where he needed both hands to steer, so I was able to control the winch from a safe location. Great little device.

Also going to emphasise that my Patrol got through with no assistance and so did my mate's Daihatsu! Bloody landcruisers...

taslucas
15th October 2012, 07:35 PM
Yeah, he was in a sticky situation where he needed both hands to steer, so I was able to control the winch from a safe location. Great little device.

Also going to emphasise that my Patrol got through with no assistance and so did my mate's Daihatsu! Bloody landcruisers...

Yeah cool. So, Im a bit confused still, not sure if i got it right....Which car got through?

daggy
15th October 2012, 07:47 PM
Replaced all my auxillary switches in the dash with Carling switches and put a permanent switch on the rear door light.

Winnie
15th October 2012, 07:54 PM
Yeah cool. So, Im a bit confused still, not sure if i got it right....Which car got through?

Me and my mate got through it without hesitation another time, just took my mate's 60 out for the first time on Sunday and he was the one who had to winch out.

taslucas
15th October 2012, 07:57 PM
Me and my mate got through it without hesitation another time, just took my mate's 60 out for the first time on Sunday and he was the one who had to winch out.

...................it was sarcasm Winnie:)

Winnie
15th October 2012, 07:58 PM
Don't quit your day job.

taslucas
15th October 2012, 08:01 PM
Don't quit your day job.

Dont lose yours......... oooooh a bit harsh sorry

Winnie
15th October 2012, 08:10 PM
You're a cruel man, I like it.

DX grunt
15th October 2012, 08:16 PM
Too far to go back, but the other day, I put some Narva 100+ headlight globes in.

WOW!!! What a difference. I can actually see the white lines on the road, now. lol

Malgreen
17th October 2012, 10:08 AM
Added these.......
and in the process lost my 10mm ring spanner underneath the master cylinder... just cant get in there to retrieve it.. i hope i will hear it fall out.

the godfather
17th October 2012, 12:43 PM
Nice. You need a magnet on a stick. I like lots of lights. Particularly when Im heading off to the farm.

Biscuits
20th October 2012, 03:42 PM
Took the front sway bar off due to a busted bolt on the drivers side joint thingy, Ran all the plumbing for the boost gauge, put the homemade bracket between the rear vision mirror inside the roof lining & passenger visor and screwed the cup onto the roof... All I need now is a 5mm tap and a drill bit to suit :)

Would have taken pics and done an idiots guide to... but I dropped my iphone and smashed it, so this idiot wont be able to do it

MEGOMONSTER
20th October 2012, 04:20 PM
Emptied another slab of JD's can in the car fridge, set on 0, love my cans really cold. Mmmmmmmmmm

Whoomp there it is, Whoomp there it is
Upside down and inside out
I'm about to show all you folks
What's it's all about
Now it's time to get on the mic
And make this mother f****ing party hype, I'm talking it back to the old school
'Cause I'm an old fool who's so cool
If you want to get down
I'm gonna show you the way whoomp there it is, let me hear you say, whoop there it is.

Winnie
20th October 2012, 04:28 PM
think that if I had a fridge in my car it would be permanently stocked up.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 05:14 PM
Soldered some waterproof plugs onto my LED awning strip lights. Now if white is no good Un plug and plug in red LED'
Have an in line dimmer I can use on any led light. just getting everything ready for Cod opening, to test.
Plus checked all boost hoses etc for fitment and leaks,

optic
20th October 2012, 06:15 PM
Took the bloody winch out again back to Seaford and it still dont work.
So now its time for yet another mechanic.
He says i did what i had to do, PFT it worked on the floor.
But it dont work mate? I say.
He says it was like a new one done little work no noises.
I said yer lucky if it has done 2 hours work.
Cant win.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 09:24 PM
Is the cabling heavy duty enough for the winch to handle.

And to Mego turn the cap back around dude. lol

MEGOMONSTER
20th October 2012, 10:15 PM
And to Mego turn the cap back around dude. lol

Did you like my rendition.

Publicly speaking to a private audience.

threedogs
20th October 2012, 10:17 PM
DOOF DOOF nah not my cup of tea sorry, but feel free. the stage is yours

Clunk
20th October 2012, 10:22 PM
Topped up the brake fluid, checked the car over, ready for tomorrow's day out

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

choochie
21st October 2012, 12:00 AM
Did the swivel hubs! Again the valve clearances got postponed :(

taslucas
21st October 2012, 08:01 AM
Fitted Pertronix 2 and flamethrower2 coil. Drove it home, felt sweet. Changing the timing back from gas advanced timing today. It should fly:)

Dinger
23rd October 2012, 03:27 PM
Did the swivel hubs and wheel bearings.
Thanks fit the help guys

mudski
23rd October 2012, 08:34 PM
Well today I washed mine for the first time is ages. Then I started to remove the from l/h body mount as it was almost not there at all.
But I have done a few thing in the last weeks and would like to share them with everybody.
I have fitted a 7inch touch screen thingo with sat nav, reverse camera etc etc. Added moar blu pretty lights in ma dash! And fitted some poxy looking GU steelies with road tyres on them to save my KM2's from an early death.
Oh and a nice big mofo IC scoop!!!

Bloodyaussie
23rd October 2012, 08:57 PM
Looking good mate!!!!

Love the intercooler scoop.

DX grunt
23rd October 2012, 09:00 PM
Let my 'L' Plater son, drive my troll.

No crashes or near misses.

Winnie
23rd October 2012, 09:01 PM
That's the way, start him off in a real car.

mudski
23rd October 2012, 09:03 PM
Cheers Ba. That reverse camera is a godsend. So easy to park now. I can reverse right up to a car behind me now with using my less than perfect sense of touch :D
Plus hooking up a trailer is easy now aswell.

snewin
24th October 2012, 09:37 AM
Millweld black powdercoated 4" snorkel with Dobinson ram head......I'm foaming.

healy
24th October 2012, 09:54 AM
Just ordered my new brown Davis 150ltr petrol tank no more Jerry cans

Winnie
24th October 2012, 11:20 AM
millweld black powdercoated 4" snorkel with dobinson ram head......i'm foaming.

photos photos photos!!!!!

snewin
24th October 2012, 03:20 PM
Shitty pic but its awesome.

Mill is the nicest guy you'll meet too.

Don't know if its just cos its new but I swear the top end has a bit more go to it.

Winnie
24th October 2012, 04:02 PM
Yep I've dealt with Mill before, top bloke. Awesome products that looks shit hot!

DIAL-A-TAP

mudski
24th October 2012, 04:03 PM
I reckon you will go a bit better no with the snorkel. Its getting unrestricted clean air now, not restricted warm engine bay air. I change my front lh chassis mount today too. Now I have to change the rhs one now as the bar sits a bit wonky...

Bagheera
24th October 2012, 11:45 PM
Got busy tonight:
2" lift installed (shocks, springs). Feels like I got way more than 2" of lift though - expect it will settle some, and the old suspension looked factory so had ~270,000kms on it
Dawes, needle valve and EGR blank fitted. Actually did it yesterday, but played around with it a little on the freeway today to get it set right
Swapped steering damper for Tough Dog model as factory was leaking fluid and had some large dings in it
32" new tyres fitted

Off to play around Hill End/Dixon Long Point on the weekend.

Diesel-Mate
25th October 2012, 07:04 AM
Upped the fuel on my GQ 4.2 turbo to get a little more power, she goes like a rocket now :)

mudski
25th October 2012, 07:35 PM
Lol if I up the fuel on my power house all it will do is blow black smoke...

oncedisturbed
26th October 2012, 12:50 AM
Replaced the aftermarket washer bottle motor and then drove to work :(

Tap, Tap Taparoo

DX grunt
26th October 2012, 01:21 AM
Found plenty of open space near the footy oval to teach my youngster how to reverse my troll.

Got sick of him not listening, so every time he stuffed up, I'd make him run a lap of the oval. He learn't very quickly after lap 6. PML.

I'm a hard task master, but it's my troll he's driving! He never looks at the 'swinging' front end when he's reversing. Lucky it was only orange cones he kept hitting!

MEGOMONSTER
26th October 2012, 05:11 AM
What's wrong with hitting cones, lit up orange. ROFLMAO

DX grunt
26th October 2012, 08:35 AM
What's wrong with hitting cones, lit up orange. ROFLMAO.

It's not your troll, so, nothing I guess. lolololol

Drew
26th October 2012, 10:20 AM
Put my winch on finally :)

mudski
26th October 2012, 08:32 PM
Should put two of his prized possesions on either side and make him reverse in between them. I'll bet he'll get it on the first shot.

gaddy
26th October 2012, 08:37 PM
booked her in to get a snorkel fitted and rust proofing done .

DX grunt
26th October 2012, 09:44 PM
Should put two of his prized possesions on either side and make him reverse in between them. I'll bet he'll get it on the first shot.

He is getting better. Tonight we graduated from driving forward to learning how to reverse. hahahaha

Great idea about his possessions. Mobile phone one side, girlfriend on the other. LoL

timbar
26th October 2012, 10:24 PM
Put a new sticker on the back Toyota Recovery Vehicle ...hahaha

Clunk
26th October 2012, 10:34 PM
Put a new sticker on the back Toyota Recovery Vehicle ...hahaha

So where's the piccies then???? ;)

MEGOMONSTER
26th October 2012, 10:58 PM
Pack it up to the roof to set up camp a week early to hopefully get our spot for melb cup long weekend.

macca86
27th October 2012, 07:53 PM
Put in a new belt tensioner pully and new belt, Removed radiator reversed flushed it cleaned out fins and condenser (very blocked had hot and cold spots now even temp all over) and full system flush new coolant, Changed rear diff oil and gearbox oil with nulon g70 teflon additive in it.

Sent emails for some new shoes awaiting reply I want 5 x Micky T ATZ 4 ribs in 285/75/16's

taslucas
28th October 2012, 01:44 PM
Developed a bad miss after fitting the pertronix and coil so fitted new leads (no change) and today fitted new spark plugs which i hope helps.

Pulled brakes apart to lube up a sticky slide. Found that the pad had worn unevenly so have to get some new pads tomorrow.

threedogs
28th October 2012, 02:36 PM
Shouldn't you machine the discs with the new pads,
Anyhow found my noise it was a fairly big crack a the exhaust near back of turbo, under a year old.
I'll take it back and see what they say,

taslucas
28th October 2012, 02:53 PM
Not necessary to machine the discs as they are in good condition still. The pad had just worn more on the side where the slide was sticking but hadnt worn through to the metal.
You dont need to machine the rotors everytime you put new pads in.

Biscuits
28th October 2012, 05:27 PM
Was bored on Thursday arvo, so took all the kids out and dug some wombat holes... Swallowed their hilux's whole, and was the 1st time I had ever driven a set of them

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/267754_10151283147315972_2122639826_n.jpg

http://youtu.be/rMcX7q0JJHg

and a little mud hole from both inside the cabin, and outside, gee those Maxxis Bighorns can throw some mud

http://youtu.be/3q63KKqp2fU

http://youtu.be/SoXUK9rkGaA

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/404670_10151278436075972_83675833_n.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2012, 05:51 PM
Just got back from setting up our camp sure for next weekend. 10 tents including shower, toilet, 2 x shade shelter, kitchen tent and a caravan so far. Still to come another 5 tents and another caravan.

ckh
28th October 2012, 05:58 PM
Installed central locking in my 89 GQ, got a master actuator on the drivers door, front passenger door and on the barn yard door, the two rear doors only have slaves installed. was a bugger to install, and have to do something to the drivers door as turning the key is real hard now, worried about breaking the key off. might look at installing keyless entry soon to overcome that, but so far going from having to manually check and lock all doors to now locking one and walking away, was well worth the 138 I spent, had to buy 2 kits as 1 kit only has 2 masters and 2 slaves, so have spares if I need them in the future.

oncedisturbed
28th October 2012, 06:20 PM
Went for a wheel up in Wilbinga and got caught in a thunderstorm

Tap, Tap Taparoo

threedogs
28th October 2012, 07:20 PM
Mego, where you camped bit early for COD Classic???

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2012, 08:46 PM
Mego, where you camped bit early for COD Classic???
Just out of Yarrawonga towards Bearii, I don't know the name, I think beach No.2 for Melbourne cup long weekend. Will be there from Friday to Wednesday.

threedogs
28th October 2012, 08:55 PM
Not Bruces Beach???? Forgot about Cup long weekend ooooohhhh

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2012, 08:59 PM
No it not Bruce's beach, well I don't think it is, on forges pump road.

threedogs
28th October 2012, 09:02 PM
Bruces beach out west of yarra near old yarrawonga club if still there

MEGOMONSTER
28th October 2012, 09:04 PM
I pay more attention on the drive in on Friday and tell you exactly. We'll also ha e 3 patrols parked up front. My black . A blue and a silver/goldy colour.

megatexture
28th October 2012, 10:40 PM
Made up a light mount for the large barn door slicing my foot open in the process painted it up will post pics when its fitted

mudski
28th October 2012, 11:01 PM
Made up a light mount for the large barn door slicing my foot open in the process painted it up will post pics when its fitted:useless:
We want blood!!! Well I do :)

makeitfit
29th October 2012, 04:13 AM
Had to use my old Trol as anchor truck to straighten out my son's old Fiesta :/ He used the guy in front for brakes thus shortening the Fiesta's wheel base lol
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151072823435566&set=a.391208825565.176918.620710565&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash4%2F418114_10151072823435566_1120240829_n.jpg&size=720%2C960
8:1 purchase and a quick yank and he's now got a limo , ha ha :-)
Broody kids :@

teno45
31st October 2012, 08:51 PM
LED Lights in rear doors, New MSA Seat cover front and second row, unpackaged the new toy that will get installed next week with another big purchase!

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_20121022_205616.jpg (http://s825.beta.photobucket.com/user/teno45/media/20121022_205616.jpg.html)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_20121022_201729.jpg (http://s825.beta.photobucket.com/user/teno45/media/20121022_201729.jpg.html)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_1354.jpg (http://s825.beta.photobucket.com/user/teno45/media/IMG_1354.jpg.html)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_IMG_1363.jpg (http://s825.beta.photobucket.com/user/teno45/media/IMG_1363.jpg.html)

boots
5th November 2012, 10:17 PM
Today after months of procrastinating , extracted a digit or two and purchased a snorkel . Third time lucky -first was an ebay special and just didnt like the look or quality of it so sent it back. Second was a tigerz 11 one - same sent back didnt like . This one is a factory Nissan snorkel , yes more expensive but I am happy with it . Got to use some of my new toys in the process . A nibbler and a dremmel . Had fun today attacking the guard . The paint is drying overnight on the holes in the guard so tomorrow will be the final fitup . Will take some pics and post up in my ride in the next couple of days .

Sir Roofy
5th November 2012, 10:22 PM
today after months of procrastinating , extracted a digit or two and purchased a snorkel . Third time lucky -first was an ebay special and just didnt like the look or quality of it so sent it back. Second was a tigerz 11 one - same sent back didnt like . This one is a factory nissan snorkel , yes more expensive but i am happy with it . Got to use some of my new toys in the process . A nibbler and a dremmel . Had fun today attacking the guard . The paint is drying overnight on the holes in the guard so tomorrow will be the final fitup . Will take some pics and post up in my ride in the next couple of days .

they do suit the patrols

Dinger
5th November 2012, 11:40 PM
Put my UHF in the dash

big_fletch
9th November 2012, 09:49 PM
Didnt actually do anything today, but i did just order a new ASE Intercooler Upgrade Kit for my 02 Zd30 Patrol :icon_victory:

BigRAWesty
9th November 2012, 09:52 PM
Fixed the clunk coming from front axil, removed front sway bar..
Then went out and flexed up the new setup..
With rear engaged.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/50.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/51.jpg
And factory rear disconnected.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/52.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/53.jpg

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
9th November 2012, 09:55 PM
Fixed the clunk coming from front axil, removed front sway bar..
Then went out and flexed up the new setup..
With rear engaged.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/50.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/51.jpg
And factory rear disconnected.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/52.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/53.jpg

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Now look here......... For the last time I'm tellin ya.... It wasn't me!!!!!!! Hahahaha

teno45
10th November 2012, 01:02 AM
Whilst I might not have installed the drawers (free install from the Sydney 4wd show...) I did put the drop slide in.
http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_20121109_153443.jpg (http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/20121109_153443.jpg)http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/th_20121109_153532.jpg (http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz171/teno45/20121109_153532.jpg)

Was a close fit. Check the build thread (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?11958-Teno-s45-upgrades-rig......&p=291995&posted=1#post291995) for the tolerances.

rusty_nail
10th November 2012, 07:45 AM
Was bored on Thursday arvo, so took all the kids out and dug some wombat holes... Swallowed their hilux's whole, and was the 1st time I had ever driven a set of them

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

http://youtu.be/rMcX7q0JJHg

and a little mud hole from both inside the cabin, and outside, gee those Maxxis Bighorns can throw some mud

http://youtu.be/3q63KKqp2fU

http://youtu.be/SoXUK9rkGaA

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

That's just too funny mate! Ur mate got soaked! Serves him for being a smartass hahaha

Tappin

MEGOMONSTER
10th November 2012, 08:14 AM
Muffler was rattling when loaded against something, Missus took it back to get rectified and gave it an all over cleaning, bloody dust was everywhere on the interior.

Drew
10th November 2012, 09:52 AM
Washed her

BigRAWesty
10th November 2012, 04:10 PM
Today was a productive day..
Installed some sound deadener (poly quilt filling) in the rear doors.. This enhances the bass to nearly sub quality, and eliminates the sound heard outside..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/57.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/58.jpg

Then ran my wire to the rear for my work light, and installed a fuse box for the fridge, spotties and work light..
Nice and clean now
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/59.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/60.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/11/61.jpg
Just a single positive wire to the fuse box, which runs a buzz bar threw the middle and the out either side..
Very neat and good for 50A continuous..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

antiskeptic
12th November 2012, 09:51 AM
I kicked mine for playing up.. lol

Sent from my GT-I9210T using Tapatalk 2

johno90
24th November 2012, 08:22 PM
Oil change, fuel filter, new k&n air filter. Found my exhaust leak from the manifold thats tomorrows job. Will also be putting the 31" tyres back on tomorrow for shits and giggles.

Diesel-Mate
24th November 2012, 08:34 PM
Prepping to do valve adjustments for tommorow

timbar
24th November 2012, 09:11 PM
Finally the new bullbar is painted up and on looks good to me

No Lappy so i have to be tappy

threedogs
24th November 2012, 09:32 PM
Looks purty, those lights up top legal there, depends over here what mood they are in at the time.

meh
24th November 2012, 10:51 PM
Replaced the stereo from my old car. Took out the old nokia hands free holder. Fixed the rear swing spare tyre holder.
Need to give it another clean!

mudski
25th November 2012, 08:42 PM
Fitted new silicone turbo hoses and used real clamps, not the POS worm drive ones. The only hose I didn't do was the lower hose going into the intake butterfly as it was two different sizes and I couldn't find one to fit. The clamps I used are Breeze Constant Torque clamps. Expensive but will never come loose again. I got lazy and should have cut the elbow shorter, closer to the clamp, but i was getting a bit drunk by then so the CBF's came into play pretty hard...

russ81
27th November 2012, 02:49 AM
Got her weighed today ready for the pit inspection, first run over the bridge she came in at 2.68T, so back home I came removed the drawers and all the crap in the rear, went for a spin to burn off some fuel and then weighed in again for a sum of 2.54T, then headed home and refitted everything.

Sent while temporally motionless

timbar
27th November 2012, 03:48 AM
Looks purty, those lights up top legal there, depends over here what mood they are in at the time.

They have been there for 5years now and i have never been questioned once been pulled over plenty of times and not once have they said a word !?? I was told to remove them years ago when i had my land crab but never since ??

No Lappy so i have to be tappy

Drew
27th November 2012, 01:09 PM
Got the 2.75 beaudesert exhaust put on. Sounds a little deeper.

Anyone need a used genuine gu exhaust (40,000km) ? Offers will be considered :)

Bob
27th November 2012, 03:25 PM
Replaced front Engine Seal and also Fan Belts whilst she was apart.
Kept the Old Belts as emergency spares.

lorrieandjas
27th November 2012, 03:30 PM
Checked the wheel nut indicators - and yep - you guessed it - they have loosened off!

Lonicus
27th November 2012, 06:33 PM
Polished the new ride for the first time. Now all shiny and smooth :)

Diesel-Mate
27th November 2012, 06:43 PM
Got some rust holes fixed. :)

DX grunt
5th December 2012, 11:19 PM
Took my troll to the mechanics to:
get the turbo gaskets and manifold gaskets changed,
major service
rotate tyres
sort out that front end wobble
change the gas struts in the bonnet and one side of the pod
Find the electrical leakage that is driving me crazy
Degrease the front end

That's my Christmas present to me. lol

Shonky
6th December 2012, 12:03 AM
Ok so it wasn't today but last week I did a service on Theo myself. Change oil and coolant, pulled all hoses off and degreased and cleaned them. Took of the intercooler and cleaned that out, took the radiator out, cleaned that, pressure tested it, found out where this certain oil leak was coming from, turned out I'm having blow-by from the crank case breather hose leakin oil into my turbo and intercooler so my plan is to get a longer hose to create a low point where the oil can pool up and put a T-piece with a cap on the bottom to drain very time I do an oil change. Pretty proud of myself considering I'm a first year heavy diesel mechanic and had NOTHING to do with cars previously (I was a computer technician/salesman)

DX grunt
7th December 2012, 12:46 AM
Took my troll to the mechanics to:
get the turbo gaskets and manifold gaskets changed,
major service
rotate tyres
sort out that front end wobble
change the gas struts in the bonnet and one side of the pod
Find the electrical leakage that is driving me crazy
Degrease the front end

That's my Christmas present to me. lol

Due to unforseen circumstances, some stuff was put off until later.

The engine degrease was worth its weight in gold. I hate mud - with a passion. lol

Stropp
7th December 2012, 12:55 AM
Had the auto sparky change my starter motor and change the ac compressor bearing, much cheaper than a new compressor, also installed new headlights from eBay, pretty good fit, just a very slight difference but they look good.

MEGOMONSTER
7th December 2012, 05:46 AM
Getting my windscreen changed from the Cod Classic weekend. 23156

Never argue with an idiot, cos he'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Pog mo th'oin.

boots
16th December 2012, 10:45 PM
Removed intake manifold to inpect and clean . Was concerned it may have been gunked up with crud cause when I done the catch can and egr block late last year , could see muck so it was time for peace of mind . throttle body was ordinary but manifold wasnt too bad . Good as new now , all clean . Santa arrives early this week for the final engine mod which I will fit during the week as I am on leave until the 7th of jan . Its a beaudesert exhaust 2.75 '' complete system . cant wait .

Stropp
16th December 2012, 11:22 PM
Painted the bullbar, and refitted it also finally installed the second battery tray now just need to wire it up and sort out why the indicators and park lights are not working on the bullbar now!

lorrieandjas
17th December 2012, 01:02 AM
Took out the third row seats.......

MEGOMONSTER
17th December 2012, 04:53 AM
Hearing a bloody rattle only when braking.

macca86
17th December 2012, 06:08 AM
I might get to pick it up from the mechanic after getting a gearbox change today. I won't hold my breath though gave the box to him thurs 7am and asked to have Friday night and couldn't get it done

93patrol
17th December 2012, 06:41 AM
drove it to work parked it up now sitting here wondering if i left my lights on or not

scotty83
17th December 2012, 08:05 AM
Vacuumed Her and washed the seat covers. It was well over due

rkinsey
17th December 2012, 09:19 AM
Mine is now shod with a new set of Maxxis Bighorns MT762 @$200.00 each

boots
17th December 2012, 06:43 PM
Fitted a tap at the end of the catch can drain hose . Removed factory exhaust system in readiness for the new beaudesert system that santa is bringing me this week .

mudski
17th December 2012, 08:43 PM
Fitted a tap at the end of the catch can drain hose . Removed factory exhaust system in readiness for the new beaudesert system that santa is bringing me this week .

Woohoo! You must be excited then hey? Santa always give me sweet f.a so I decided to buy (outright) meself a noo mobile phone for chrissy, Galaxy S3. Finally i get rid of the Apple POS!!!
But today was using 400ltrs of water too wash my car. Yes 400 I used. My water, I'll waste it anyway I want :) and finished off putting the centre console back in and took her for another spin. I can't get over the feel of the new clutch.

cruizerbitz
17th December 2012, 10:31 PM
Installed a non factory Cont assy keyless as the nissan one gave me the #%%$, Thanks to Davejones post #7 http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8939-No-more-GU-IV-genuine-keyless-entry.-Installed-a-Dynamco-Cyclops-controller./
Also the passenger side weather sheild... beer oclock

The BigFella
18th December 2012, 07:33 AM
new brake pads to the front!
fitted my HID head light upgrade!
then added another 3,200k's to the clock,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, will it ever end?

576,685k's and counting,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stropp
18th December 2012, 06:41 PM
rated tow points from outback ideas now bolted up, and new 33" hancook atz to swap over tonight from the 16" muddies.

scotty83
18th December 2012, 06:56 PM
replaced by failing bonnet struts. All Done.. easy job and thanks to Car R Us Ebay) for the quick supply.

megatexture
18th December 2012, 07:08 PM
Fitted insulation to the back windows in an attempt to keep temps down in the back for the Waeco

Lonicus
19th December 2012, 11:37 AM
Compared new pillar pod to existing pillar cover, still waiting for gauges :)

MC97GQ
20th December 2012, 11:08 AM
Installed my old Nokia hands free kit for the mobile phone.

It's the only time I didn't curse the bloke who previously owned the truck, it must have had a car kit previously installed and he actually left the wiring in the fuse panel, made the job nice and easy.

Now just waiting on a new cradle and broomstick aerial for it.

boots
20th December 2012, 04:18 PM
Under carriage detail and scrub with plenty of soap . got one of those 90degree elbow nozzles for the gerni . Should have done this prior to fitting new exhaust but I didnt realise . Well its shmick now . May make this an annual event , just to keep it neet .

Drew
21st December 2012, 05:01 PM
Santa came early hehehehe

Stuck the ARE intercooler in and will clean up the old one (no leaks) ready for its new home (when I find one).

Noticed a whistle from the snorkel today, sounds sweet :)

Diesel-Mate
21st December 2012, 09:04 PM
Tried to install a LOKKA today but failed ....

MEGOMONSTER
21st December 2012, 11:51 PM

You haven't failed, merely just challenging yourself against all odds.

Drew
22nd December 2012, 04:59 AM

Now you know how not to do some things :)

Diesel-Mate
22nd December 2012, 01:23 PM
You haven't failed, merely just challenging yourself against all odds.

Now you know how not to do some things :)

You got that right its deffinatly a bit of a challenge especially when my clearances are out by 5mm and no one is selling any thrust washers for atleast 2 weeks. :(

WogsRus
22nd December 2012, 03:15 PM
Fitted up my redback 3" exhaust, never again, my hands look like they've been through the shredder. Performance is there, not sure if it was worth the cash tough. Sounds nice

lorrieandjas
22nd December 2012, 07:23 PM
OK - not strictly what I did to the troll - but packed her full to the brim for the trip away at Christmas! Gotta love the room in a GU troll!

Jas

healy
22nd December 2012, 08:44 PM
Fitted some curtains in the back and tinted out the back section and fitted a DVD player for the boy and made a shelf for the travel buddy on the cage and bought some TRED's for some more security when needed to recover the torque monster for the day it does get stuck

Winnie
22nd December 2012, 08:51 PM
The torque monster needs recovering?

Get some VB into ya!

healy
22nd December 2012, 09:01 PM
The torque monster needs recovering?

Get some VB into ya!
Oh $ h!t I forgot I also loaded 64 vb cans in fridge to

lorrieandjas
22nd December 2012, 09:02 PM

Only 64! :)

Jas

healy
22nd December 2012, 09:07 PM
Only 64! :)

Jas
That's all the fridge holds guess ill have to keep reloading it everyday when I'm away

Winnie
22nd December 2012, 09:08 PM

I'm coming to visit!

Get some VB into ya!

growler2058
22nd December 2012, 09:30 PM
I'm coming to visit!

Get some VB into ya!

Damn SICKO!!

Tap someone who cares

DX grunt
22nd December 2012, 09:34 PM
Filled the ruddy thing up with diesel again both tanks. lol.

I try not to let it go too far, and just keep topping it up, otherwise it'd cost me a fortune.

I lurve my truck.

healy
22nd December 2012, 10:28 PM
I'm coming to visit!

Get some VB into ya!

on ya bike then

MEGOMONSTER
22nd December 2012, 10:45 PM
on ya bike then

Even on his bike he can lose his licence for drink driving.

MC97GQ
23rd December 2012, 12:44 AM
Gave the truck an early Christmas present, took the grill out and painted it BLACK, white truck, black grill - looks s#!t hot.

Nothing better than a white GQ

BigRAWesty
23rd December 2012, 06:41 AM
Gave the truck an early Christmas present, took the grill out and painted it BLACK, white truck, black grill - looks s#!t hot.

Nothing better than a white GQ

Pics...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
23rd December 2012, 07:33 PM
Installed a new drag link to centre the steering wheel and wired up the dual batteries.

Winnie
23rd December 2012, 07:45 PM
Drove it for the first time in over a week, I love having a company car but man I miss driving the Patrol every day!

DX grunt
23rd December 2012, 07:47 PM
My troll has been driven quite a few k's this week, and because it's Sunday, I let him rest. lol

Agronaught
23rd December 2012, 07:57 PM
Finally installed fuse blocks to remove the myriad of unlocatable inline fuses on the lpg, reverse cam, pillar gauges, spotlights etc.

12 block on passenger side kick panel for stuff that will be on the 2nd battery (when installed), radios, lcd's etc.

6 block on the drivers kick panel for gauges, reverse camera and spotlight ground loop/switch. Need to trace some of the lpg wiring and route via here as well.

Need a 6 block in the engine bay for 2 inlines that appear to go to the lpg controller, will also be used for spotts.

Cleaning up lots of crap wiring from prior owners. Adding some of my own hopefully less crap wiring in its place.

J

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 08:19 PM
Went Kmart auto and found this after complaining about a rattling noise. 23588

BigRAWesty
23rd December 2012, 10:15 PM
That'll do it...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MEGOMONSTER
24th December 2012, 12:59 PM
Went Kmart auto and found this after complaining about a rattling noise. 23588

Went and saw 3dogs Outback Ideas and got the cracked exhaust mount welded.

MC97GQ
28th December 2012, 12:51 PM
Thought I would finally put up some pics of what's happened to the truck recently

Grill freshly painted black

new exhaust manifold

a general engine bay shot

new dump pipe

Dinger
29th December 2012, 12:55 AM
Merry Christmas all,
Installed four 6" speakers. Two in the barn doors two in the passenger doors and a pair of old stereo speakers under the front seats.
Also started to replace the old pre-filter and intake hoses with a zd30 air box and new intake hoses.

krbrooking
30th December 2012, 09:07 AM
Gday all fitted my diff breathers yesterday and also carpeted my rear barn doors as I had speakers in them and have since removed them and didnt like the whole in the door. I also fitted a shelf/table for the door, I have also fitted a light just above the doors as well.

http://s1080.photobucket.com/albums/j321/kevmate1/Diff%20breathers/

johno90
30th December 2012, 11:34 AM
Coolant change and fitted a new condenser fan.

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 11:38 AM
So far today over 400km

MEGOMONSTER
30th December 2012, 11:48 AM
I've had so many hill climbs but none in 4Lo.
I've crossed 20 rivers and a 100 creeks by haven't got the wheels wet. Something has to change.

Stropp
30th December 2012, 04:11 PM
Installed led front park/indicator lights, now to slow the flash down!

wildgu6
30th December 2012, 04:22 PM
Wired up & adjusted the new 9" HID spotties, now all legal running off the hi beam,

Cuppa
30th December 2012, 05:34 PM
Not so much what I did TO my Patrol, but rather what I did WITH it.
Took SWMBO out into the bush on tracks close to our place this arvo. First time I've done a bit of mild 4wd'ing. Crossed a few creeks, negotiated a few ruts, climbed a few hills & generally thoroughly enjoyed exploring bush I haven't seen for several years since I last had a dirt bike. What made the difference was having rid myself of the creaking noise that the canopy had been making. Now I can drive around on uneven ground without worrying I am damaging something. Makes all the difference.
We did find one creek crossing which I chickened out on & decided to leave until some of you fine fellows make it up this way to show me how it's done. The water was probably only about 18" deep with a rocky bottom, but it was the rock shelf step up on the other side I wasn't sure about. Best attempted in the company of those who know what they are doing & with the ability to pull me out if need be! :)

Cuppa

krbrooking
30th December 2012, 07:25 PM
Fitted a box onto left hand barn door for maps and so on.

Sorry pic has come sideways

Stropp
30th December 2012, 11:42 PM
Wired up my low water alarm to the ciggy lighter, works a treat.

Woof
31st December 2012, 12:06 AM
Put the battery on charge, flat after 2 weeks over East

Stropp
31st December 2012, 01:50 AM
Put the battery on charge, flat after 2 weeks over East

Good to see you made it back :)

Winnie
31st December 2012, 06:59 AM
I did my first bit of sand driving yesterday. It was fun but give me the high country any day

89gqpatrol4x4
31st December 2012, 10:14 AM
went for a short 4x4 yesterday and managed to damage the powder coat on the bullbar and put a double fist size dent in the rear passenger side gaurd right behind the tail light. Not happy Jan, but bound to happen sooner or later.

Dinger
31st December 2012, 03:41 PM
Installed power supply for the fridge and put in the fridge. Finalised boost gauge.

MEGOMONSTER
31st December 2012, 05:53 PM
I and NissanNewby's dad fitted a Roosystems awning for $200.00 in Banyo Qld.http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/12/77.jpg

Cuppa
1st January 2013, 05:03 PM
Crawled underneath the Patrol with torch between teeth to discover whether or not I have extended diff breather hoses fitted & if so where they go to.

Discovered what looks like quite a professional job, not sure if they are factory fitted or added by Telstra.
All breather pipes are combinations of flexible rubber hose & metal pipes. Rear one feeds into a threaded fitting in a chassis cross member just in front of the (rear) fuel tank. Ends of this cross member (tube) are plugged with rubber bungs. Removed rubber bungs to find the tube half full of moist red sand. Hosed it out with pressure washer. Surprised that internal paint was intact & shiny & no rust evident.

Front breather is routed into the passenger side quarter panel, together with breathers from the gearbox & transfer case. Looks OE to me. 3 neat parallel pipes all go up through the engine nay & enter the quarter panel through a large grommet with separate holes for each pipe.

So is this a factory set up or not? It certainly appears to my inexperienced eye to be more than adequate.

Cuppa

ChrisN
1st January 2013, 05:54 PM
Hosed the dust off the GQ after coming home from Charlies Creek. We had a quiet NYE there with two other parties present. I think everyone else was in bed by 11:00!

Lister
1st January 2013, 06:10 PM
Fitted Ironman 2" lift with constant load fronts coils and b loads in the rear. Also fitted 2" Superflex arms from Superior engineering. Removed Firestone Air Bags for now and will address the refit once the Canopy and frame are added to assess weight requirements. Not as stiff as i expected either as some of my friends with that OTHER brand of 4wd have suggested Ironman shocks are a little stiff. No more sway bars and a little more sway but hey i like the Big Boat feel. 5 hours later though im good for a couple of beers. Cheers ;-)

Rustyboner81
1st January 2013, 06:46 PM
replace clutch matser and fluid, fitted upper head cylinder lube dripper, clean mud out of rear indicator and got it working again. and finally got the manual throttle control knob fitted

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

BigRAWesty
1st January 2013, 07:09 PM
Looked at it.. looked at the half finished snorkel. Saw the esky..
Went the deck chair and beer.. a lot easier... Lol

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 07:58 PM
Drove another 2.5 hours from Gold Coast to Noosa on the Sunshine Coast.

MEGOMONSTER
1st January 2013, 07:58 PM
Drive another 2.5 hours from Gold Coast to Noosa on the Sunshine Coast.

jack
1st January 2013, 09:51 PM
Took the GU to a local quarry to do some serious 4WDing. Very impressed and so was the Toymota driver who came along to 'tow' me out - as if!
Must remember to turn off traction control next time, had me wondering what was happening on a reasonably difficult manoeuvre. Easy fixed and impressed with the diff locker. Limited mud as it's pretty dry but some challenging climbs and descents. Sand practice next weekend, can't wait.
Yeap I know, pics are on the camera. Will post next week.
Cheers

gaddy
2nd January 2013, 01:57 PM
installed new awing 10 minuite job and much neater than the oil silver tarp

gaddy
2nd January 2013, 02:03 PM
maybe the photo will work this time not real bright on the computer thingy

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 05:43 PM
Ordered my 2 in lift off ebay

Just tap it in just tappy tappy tappy

MEGOMONSTER
3rd January 2013, 07:43 PM
Ordered my 2 in lift off ebay

Which one???

93patrol
3rd January 2013, 08:02 PM
blupac $545 delivered free from qld to my door in WA

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 08:06 PM
Swapped winches over... bloody hot to do today, I must be slightly mad!!!

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 08:14 PM
Swapped winches over... bloody hot to do today, I must be slightly mad!!!

Did you have to take the bar off to do it? What winch have you got now?

Bloodyaussie
3rd January 2013, 08:22 PM
Did you have to take the bar off to do it? What winch have you got now?

Pete convinced me to put the 9500 I have sitting here and if someone buys it I will take it off..

Dont have to take the bar off, it is suited to a high lift and there is miles of room!!

Winnie
3rd January 2013, 08:32 PM
Pete convinced me to put the 9500 I have sitting here and if someone buys it I will take it off..

Dont have to take the bar off, it is suited to a high lift and there is miles of room!!

Why are you using the 9500 instead of the 12000?

Dinger
4th January 2013, 01:22 AM
Changed out the resonator easy job only took an hour or so.
Flushed the cooling system and replaced the radiator hoses

MEGOMONSTER
4th January 2013, 11:29 PM
Mine did very little work today. Drove about 60 metres to the boat ramp and another 60 metres back. Parked safely in the garage for a rest.

lorrieandjas
5th January 2013, 12:21 AM
Why are you using the 9500 instead of the 12000?

Hey Winnie - what's the need for a 12000lb winch? If you're that stuck a shovel is your friend! :)

Jas

Winnie
5th January 2013, 06:08 AM
If you had both though wouldn't you think that the 12000lb is going to be better?

Rustyboner81
5th January 2013, 08:52 AM
Took the GU to a local quarry to do some serious 4WDing. Very impressed and so was the Toymota driver who came along to 'tow' me out - as if!
Must remember to turn off traction control next time, had me wondering what was happening on a reasonably difficult manoeuvre. Easy fixed and impressed with the diff locker. Limited mud as it's pretty dry but some challenging climbs and descents. Sand practice next weekend, can't wait.
Yeap I know, pics are on the camera. Will post next week.
Cheers

would love to see them

healy
5th January 2013, 09:07 AM
blupac $545 delivered free from qld to my door in WA

Yeah I got this in April there a blupac shock with lovells springs and mine is still going strong