PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Rossco
25th March 2016, 12:49 PM
Ahh. No....
C'mon markie [emoji6]

threedogs
25th March 2016, 12:52 PM
Hmm o.k. So maybe they didn't over charge me. Lol. I was charged $80.... The mob I work for 15years sold bolts, imperial size only though. And I know they they charge around $3 for a 3/4inch x 4inch bolt, grade 8 etc etc. I'm in the wrong business. Feck!

Fell off my chair sorry $80
yell out next time you need bolts.
how come you never got zinc bolts again??

threedogs
25th March 2016, 03:02 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191500619381?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Seeing as real easate is at a premium on top of the dash,
I brought the above and modified it to suit my Hema touring GPS.
Not a fan of suction cups leaving marks on the windscreen, too easy
for theives to see if you have a GPS or not, and its more than likely
in the centre console or glove box. It will attach to the dash mat via
some sticky back Velcro.Also brought a 30cm USB to mini USB to give it power.
This will mean no cords going every which way.It also fits my DVR when
required.

Sprock
25th March 2016, 05:36 PM
Ahh. No....

Haha

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin started

Sprock
25th March 2016, 05:41 PM
I'm probably like Sandra Sally with the late news but I've seen from time to time people asking what's the go with the shaky mirrors on a GU, I undid that little screw underneath and the plastic cover comes off then there's three torx screws there , They were quite loose , I did them up and hey presto no shaking mirrors, only taken me 12 months to get onto that , the poor patrol plays second fiddle to the truck when it comes to maintenance & fiddling with stuff [emoji30]

2002 GU wagon 3.0lt , auto , piranha dual batteries , 3" lift , chip , needle & Dawes valves - just gettin startedhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/279.jpg

mudski
26th March 2016, 12:01 PM
Something ive been meaning to do too....

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

threedogs
26th March 2016, 01:48 PM
Thinking of fitting a sheet of alloy checker plate to the floor of the roof rack.
one it will act as a tropical roof [ landrover speak] and 2 It should lower cabin temps heaps.
Sheetie owes me a favour Ill see what price he can come up with. Dont really want to mount a solar panel
on the roof it just doesn't make sense,well to me anyway

Clunk
26th March 2016, 02:03 PM
Thinking of fitting a sheet of alloy checker plate to the floor of the roof rack.
one it will act as a tropical roof [ landrover speak] and 2 It should lower cabin temps heaps.
Sheetie owes me a favour Ill see what price he can come up with. Dont really want to mount a solar panel
on the roof it just doesn't make sense,well to me anyway
So what happened to keeping weight down?

the evil twin
26th March 2016, 02:06 PM
Saw the rain coming (finally) so parked it on the lawn and squirted some detergent on it for it's annual bath...
It hates getting a bath but cleanliness is next to... is next to... uuuummmm... actually come to think of it I dunno why I bothered

the evil twin
26th March 2016, 02:07 PM

No sugar or bad fats in aluminium... you can eat as much as you want

threedogs
26th March 2016, 02:41 PM

Its minimum weight,

Clunk
26th March 2016, 03:47 PM
Its minimum weight,
Wind drag....

mudski
26th March 2016, 04:17 PM
Wind drag....

Wouldn't be much I reckon... Only issue it might have with the full sheet is the radiant heat it will soak. I can imagine how hot it would get in full sun on a 35c day. It might not affect anything, dunno, just a though.

Softy
26th March 2016, 04:22 PM
Fitted an opened ended tradie rack last week... Waiting for the awning to arrive.. But might have to get rid of the rack seems i only have about 1" clearance from the carport roof with both tanks full.... Have to see how much the car rises as the tanks empty. I have Dobinsons H/D springs so hopfully i'm good... Won't be fitting muddies anytime soon tho :(

threedogs
26th March 2016, 04:30 PM
Wouldn't be much I reckon... Only issue it might have with the full sheet is the radiant heat it will soak. I can imagine how hot it would get in full sun on a 35c day. It might not affect anything, dunno, just a though.

They have been doing it on Landrovers ever since they were first made with great success.
I had a solar panel on the roof of my other trailer and it worked a treat keeping the heat at bay.
Google tropical roof

Clunk
26th March 2016, 07:32 PM
Its minimum weight,
All adds up

lhurley
26th March 2016, 09:17 PM

The sheet will stop most of the heat getting on to the roof of the car, plus the air gap adding to the cooling. Tbh would be a futile effort as our patrols have enormous windows that will still let in plenty of light (heat)

macca
27th March 2016, 06:47 AM
Fitted an opened ended tradie rack last week... Waiting for the awning to arrive.. But might have to get rid of the rack seems i only have about 1" clearance from the carport roof with both tanks full.... Have to see how much the car rises as the tanks empty. I have Dobinsons H/D springs so hopfully i'm good... Won't be fitting muddies anytime soon tho :(

To late for you now, but the other day a 4B had an ARB flat platform on the roof with removable sides, half length sides and ends etc if you require according to the owner.

Thought it was a great idea as we have a RTT and my racks sides get in the way so it has to be removed for the tent.

The down side was the price!!

macca
27th March 2016, 09:44 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rhino-Roof-Rack-Pioneer-Platform-fits-NISSAN-Patrol-LWB-GU-JA0074-/141757898367?hash=item21016dde7f:g:iTUAAOSwgQ9V3ug U

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rhino-Roof-Rack-Pioneer-Platform-Side-Rails-Blk-suit-42101-2-3-4-43141B-/141776530323?hash=item21028a2b93:g:4b4AAOSwiLdWCmi H

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rhino-Roof-Rack-Pioneer-Platform-Front-Side-Rail-Kit-fits-42100b-2b-7b-43163B-/181872549730?hash=item2a5872df62:g:GtkAAOSwFnFWCmg t

Rhino not ARB. Heaps of accessories but need a reinforced credit card before you go shopping!

threedogs
27th March 2016, 09:47 AM
All adds up

true, was only thinking of doing it

threedogs
27th March 2016, 01:18 PM

The roof of the patrol never gets hots as any breeze cools it down.
As I said only thinking, too many negatives from parking your patrol
in full sun whilst camping. My spot on the Murray has a tree line back from the
river where you can pitch camp and park the patrols be in the shade and
its only a few meters to the Murray. if I had panels on the roof I'd be forever moving
to chase the sun,the fridge would be working harder as the patrol is in the sun as well.
yeah too many negatives

BigRAWesty
28th March 2016, 08:09 PM
Not what did I do.. But what I've got to do....
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/316.jpg

So I have 700 mm slides for a vertical pantry next to the fridge.

Then a 50A solinode for the air compressor. Still need a 50A circuit breaker.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/317.jpg

And then a few switches
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/03/318.jpg

And still got to fit charge ports and volt meter to the rear..

threedogs
29th March 2016, 02:09 PM
I to have a heap of 12v work to be done. good to see you have the switch mounting plates
IMO it makes the job look more professional [Factory]. What colour theme did you go
red or blue. I went red only cause its easier on the eye at night

Is this the same as what you have?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SSR-50LA-4-20mA-to-AC28-280V-50A-Silver-Tone-Heatsink-1-Phase-Solid-State-Relay-/331663057690?hash=item4d38a8a31a:m:mLv_yAbgxjwRo_g UAta2jrQ

BigRAWesty
29th March 2016, 02:55 PM
Tbh can't remember the colour. Red I think..
I won't connect the led bar switch led though as it'll be in dash..
The rest will be in the rear..

threedogs
29th March 2016, 04:26 PM
Tbh can't remember the colour. Red I think..
I won't connect the led bar switch led though as it'll be in dash..
The rest will be in the rear..

Heres where I put the important switches,closest is front locker,
second is led light bar and the furtherest away is compressor.
Thats air horn,, tank and locker when fitted. I think you have
the same area free
what colour is your radio??

BigRAWesty
29th March 2016, 04:32 PM
Yea got no space there being manual.
Radio is changeable

jay see
3rd April 2016, 01:03 AM
Got it pass 200 km/h and I have proof, just don't ask how because I have nfi.65890

MB
3rd April 2016, 07:03 AM
Bloody hell Jay See, hope that wasn't with your 35 Swampers on ?

lucus30
3rd April 2016, 10:04 AM
Got it pass 200 km/h and I have proof, just don't ask how because I have nfi.65890
What unit is that? Is it a gps or headunit?

Hodge
3rd April 2016, 03:34 PM
Sold it to a mate,
Looking at my dream car tomorrow,
79 dual cab!

Winnie
3rd April 2016, 03:38 PM
Sold it to a mate,
79 dual cab!
April fools was 2 days ago!

threedogs
3rd April 2016, 03:42 PM
Sold it to a mate,
79 dual cab!

Have you seen the one around running along on 37s.
Man this thing is a beast, still old technology leaf springs
but a motor to die for lol

jay see
3rd April 2016, 03:45 PM
What unit is that? Is it a gps or headunit?

Garmin GPS.

April fools was 2 days ago!

For some reason I didn't think he's kidding.

jay see
3rd April 2016, 03:50 PM
Sold it to a mate,
79 dual cab!

Nice, I like the look of those.
Saw one with a 4.5 turbo a few months back with twin 3" pipes, man it sounded tops.

Hodge
3rd April 2016, 05:07 PM
Fkn hell. This friends, is what happens when you stay logged in somewhere and keep the tab open for your mates to have a crack at an old joke lol.

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2016, 05:27 PM
Bugger all. ...... drove it Friday for the first time in a week only for a short trip.

Last weekend only drove it briefly to go to bunnings... this company car bizzo is really extending my service intervals.

Soon i hope to rip out all my draws as i will be making all new draws at work.

Clunk
3rd April 2016, 05:36 PM
Big thanks to Avo for your services today mate, replaced front passenger side axle seal. I would have seriously struggled doing it myself

lucus30
3rd April 2016, 06:31 PM
Bugger all. ...... drove it Friday for the first time in a week only for a short trip.

Last weekend only drove it briefly to go to bunnings... this company car bizzo is really extending my service intervals.

Soon i hope to rip out all my draws as i will be making all new draws at work.

yeah i with you on that one BA.

We have 3 cars.... That collectively get driven about 1 hour a week. Will wait a while but might end selling my car

Woof
3rd April 2016, 06:31 PM
Big thanks to Avo for your services today mate, replaced front passenger side axle seal. I would have seriously struggled doing it myself

And here am I thinking that he was useless for all these years........lol

AB
3rd April 2016, 06:42 PM
Had a great day fitting this air box and turbo. Pretty much all done, just need to work out fittings and pipe work to start of IC and turn key next weekend is looking good!

Bloodyaussie
3rd April 2016, 06:45 PM
yeah i with you on that one BA.

We have 3 cars.... That collectively get driven about 1 hour a week. Will wait a while but might end selling my car

Which car. ..? Not the gu

lucus30
3rd April 2016, 06:46 PM
Which car. ..? Not the gu
Nah the commodore....

rkinsey
3rd April 2016, 07:02 PM
Hopefully I have fixed the oil leak now. Doing some diagnosis and maintenance today on the RD28T. Was in the middle of taking the intake manifold off so I could get the the top oil feed line to check the banjo bolt, which was fine, but found that the large nut on the pipe to the EGR valve wasnt as tight as it shold be. I also found that the air line from the turbo to the intake manifold had a large hole in it. So that has been replaced. I also replaced the timing cover for a cleaner one. The engine bay is comong along nicely

rkinsey
3rd April 2016, 08:55 PM
Just took the Patrol for a run down the street. Wow, what a huge difference. Deffinately a good idea learning to do all the maintenance mysef.

jay see
3rd April 2016, 10:41 PM
Nah the commodore....

How did you go with petrol over the Easter break?

jay see
3rd April 2016, 11:16 PM
Bloody hell Jay See, hope that wasn't with your 35 Swampers on ?

Haha.
That would be a scary ride

jay see
3rd April 2016, 11:26 PM
Fkn hell. This friends, is what happens when you stay logged in somewhere and keep the tab open for your mates to have a crack at an old joke lol.

Oh well feel a bit like a dick now, but they do sound good.

Hodge
4th April 2016, 07:16 AM
Oh well feel a bit like a dick now, but they do sound good.

They do have a growl on them that's for sure. Don't think I'd ever own one though still.
Ironically, the Jamie my mate who typed shit above has a 76 V8 but wants a 4.2 ute... Which is where his post sort of comes from.

Stropp
4th April 2016, 10:47 AM
gave it a bit of a pressure wash underneath but had a bit of a moment with the pressure gun and blew some paint off the passenger door :(

Hodge
4th April 2016, 11:20 AM
gave it a bit of a pressure wash underneath but had a bit of a moment with the pressure gun and blew some paint off the passenger door :(

Thats shit mate. Touch up paint fix or is it more serious ?

threedogs
4th April 2016, 11:22 AM

Lesson here is don't clean where you cant see lol

threedogs
4th April 2016, 01:57 PM
Ideas please,, brought this 12v PIR floodlight, I have two ways of doing it.
Either mount it solid and wire to a switch somewhere or terminate it at a plug
ang just plug in at camp. Last is to make up a 3-4mtr lead and a bracket so
it hooks over the top rail of the roofrack and plug into the rear 12v outlet.
Thinking it will be OK at the back of the Patrol and light up as I approach.
thats the idea anyway

TIP<<<<<If you want the best 12 volt camp light going buy the 12v ROUND floodlights with the flat glass lens
One lights up my entire backyard, so much so I light my backyard with a few via a golfcart DC battery 18 AH
Highly recommend and less than $15 in most cases, forget the 20watt jobs they are not required
Ive been using these well over 5 yrs now.

Winnie
4th April 2016, 01:59 PM
That would be handy under the awning of my camper.
We just use torches.

threedogs
4th April 2016, 02:10 PM
That would be handy under the awning of my camper.
We just use torches.

Ill grab a link of the round ones, believe me these are the bees knees
and they are fully water proof to IP65.
you need to mount them up high at least 2.5mtrs they are that bright
For your annex maybe a warm white might be a better colour or put in a dimmer I did
$15 you cant go wroung ,,,dont get the ones with the magnified lens Yuk

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10W-Underwater-LED-Flood-Wash-Pool-Waterproof-Light-Spot-Lamp-12V-Outdoor-SN-/151811249051?var=&hash=item2358a7d39b:m:mX-yy4C6lk4qLHjD2MBULeQ

Winnie
4th April 2016, 02:14 PM
It's just one more thing to set up though. I like to KISS

taslucas
4th April 2016, 02:24 PM
It's just one more thing to set up though. I like to KISS
A mate stuck some led strip lighting under his awning and works well. Only setting up is running the lead into the rear power supply

>>>tappin from tassie

threedogs
4th April 2016, 02:32 PM
Thats what I have for the awning easy as in white ,only trouble is the cool white needs a dimmer
those bloody small smd leds are bright as.

I use those flood lights when cooking and general campsite lighting.
If I want I can take them down to the banks of the river with my 18ah battery in a box
set my chair up and fish the night away,,,heres a cheaper one
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10W-Underwater-LED-Flood-Wash-Pool-Waterproof-Light-Spot-Lamp-12V-Outdoor-IT-/161849621894?hash=item25aefd3d86:g:Z04AAOSwDFNWE8C N

Stropp
4th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Thats shit mate. Touch up paint fix or is it more serious ?

nah much more serious, blew a patch about 6" by 4"

threedogs
4th April 2016, 04:38 PM

Is it a cover up from previous damage, or just paint came off.

Stropp
4th April 2016, 05:41 PM
nah just the paint

mudski
4th April 2016, 07:44 PM
Looked at it. Swore at it. And went inside to sulk.

Hodge
4th April 2016, 07:47 PM
Front end still giving you the shits

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy

Hahaha haha same here. I didnt go inside to sulk though . I did a burnout in my faclon to vent

BigRAWesty
Well ya betta get your shit together..
Only 40 days to go..

Firetrol
4th April 2016, 09:46 PM
Put in my new scangauge 2 & removed & cleaned the MAF. Also put in a freebie GME UHF a mate offloaded to me. Whilst I was at it I disconnected the key in ignition alarm, nice & quiet now.

BigRAWesty
4th April 2016, 09:48 PM
Started electric pannel for the rear..
Waiting of usb socket..
And I know I know. They ain't square..
After cutting I've checked the peice and it ain't square.. so the plugs are square to the top and the switches square to the sides.... 😢

Red dot is a momentary switch for the voltage display..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/42.jpg

mudski
4th April 2016, 10:29 PM
Front end still giving you the shits

Its getting worse now since the Dargo run last week. I just bit the bullet and ordered a new Superior drag link too now in the hope its that. Even though the current one is only about 2years old and still feels o.k. I suppose... I'll test out the pulling force with my scale on the knuckles too. Just to be sure they are right. I'll rebush the rear of the radius arms. As one of the knocks is right at my feet.

Hahaha haha same here. I didnt go inside to sulk though . I did a burnout in my faclon to vent

Lol. I took off in my missus Crappydore and lit the big single spinner up when I went down to the post office. Didn't help though. Hows your motor coming along too Benny?

Well ya betta get your shit together..
Only 40 days to go..

So much to do between now and then. I don't want to think about it.

Fix that bloody panel up too Kallen. You'll need to lean to one side to press the switches. Lol

Winnie
5th April 2016, 06:36 AM
Lol. I took off in my missus Crappydore and lit the big single spinner up when I went down to the post office. Didn't help though.
Isn't that the sort of thing you always complain about your area?

BigRAWesty
5th April 2016, 06:59 AM
So much to do between now and then. I don't want to think about it.

Fix that bloody panel up too Kallen. You'll need to lean to one side to press the switches. Lol

Haha... unfortunately to fix it's replace it.. it does look worse in the photo though..

taslucas
5th April 2016, 07:10 AM
Haha
Mang Mang Mang! No wonder Jonathan is moving.

Now what you're gonna need mudski is a mini spooled diff and about 50 psi in the tyres then you'll out burnout the locals

>>>tappin from tassie

mudski
5th April 2016, 09:41 AM

Wasn't in my area, I was passing through an industrial estate. I would never do it in a housing estate. Still doesn't make it right. Still didn't make me feel any better. But for a moment the ABS and Traction control light went off in the crappydore and I thought my shenanigans fixed it. I was quickly let down again.

mudski
5th April 2016, 09:43 AM
Haha
Mang Mang Mang! No wonder Jonathan is moving.

Now what you're gonna need mudski is a mini spooled diff and about 50 psi in the tyres then you'll out burnout the locals

>>>tappin from tassie

WTF is a mini spooled diff?

taslucas
5th April 2016, 09:52 AM
Wasn't in my area, I was passing through an industrial estate. I would never do it in a housing estate. Still doesn't make it right. Still didn't make me feel any better. But for a moment the ABS and Traction control light went off in the crappydore and I thought my shenanigans fixed it. I was quickly let down again.

Oh so if it's not in your own area it's fine!? lol
If the abs and traction light are staying on it might be a faulty abs unit.

It's like a limited slip. Coz cut two wheels brah

>>>tappin from tassie

DX grunt
5th April 2016, 10:31 AM
Upgraded the weight to 3900kg

Hodge
5th April 2016, 10:49 AM
Upgraded the weight to 3900kg
What was involved in that mate ?

threedogs
5th April 2016, 10:53 AM
wired in an extra USB port into my triple gauge binnacle.
Wired it to ignition,, I have others that are live all the time.
Why ,,,,,,,to stop having cords running everywhere running
GPS,,DVR,, and anything else thats powered by a mini USB port

mudnut
5th April 2016, 12:17 PM
Looks great TD.

threedogs
5th April 2016, 12:23 PM

Wow,,,, thought that would of been a no brainer
Ask your local hoon lol

mudski
5th April 2016, 03:36 PM
Oh so if it's not in your own area it's fine!? lol
If the abs and traction light are staying on it might be a faulty abs unit.

It's like a limited slip. Coz cut two wheels brah

>>>tappin from tassie

Industrial areas brah! Dats where it happens! Lol.
We changed the ABS module about 18 months ago as all the dash lights were going haywire. This time its just the ABS and traction control light. Could be the module again. CBF'ed with the chitbox tbh. It goes, breaks down about once every second week. We are just going to run it into the ground and worry about another car when it just wont go anymore. It not worth spending money on now.

Sir Roofy
5th April 2016, 03:45 PM
wired in an extra USB port into my triple gauge binnacle.
Wired it to ignition,, I have others that are live all the time.
Why ,,,,,,,to stop having cords running everywhere running
GPS,,DVR,, and anything else thats powered by a mini USB port

looks good john ,didn't realize that you have red hair?

threedogs
5th April 2016, 05:43 PM
looks good john ,didn't realize that you have red hair?

ATM I have no hair , but it was light brown lush and flowing he he, funnily enough both my sons are red heads
but they can get a suntan lol lol Figure that one out ? No freckles either ever

DX grunt
5th April 2016, 08:17 PM
I tried not to spend money on it, but I couldn't help myself. lol

Chappy
6th April 2016, 07:04 PM
Today I bit the bullet & ordered myself a Performance 4x4 TD05 18G, Radius Fabrication high mount manifold & dump pipe. Can't wait to get it here & install it alongside the front mount intercooler & custom intake manifold thats in the post!

Then to save some more pennies & order a 12mm pump.

mudski
6th April 2016, 09:58 PM
Top stuff mate. Ive been losely looking at custom intake manifolds for mine. But need to get the 4inch intake done first. After i sort the front end out. Lol.

jay see
6th April 2016, 10:11 PM
Gauges done, again. This time happy with the outcome.
New radiator fitted but need to check the clamp on the bottom hose. Those bloody factory factory clamps.

Chappy
6th April 2016, 10:20 PM
Top stuff mate. Ive been losely looking at custom intake manifolds for mine. But need to get the 4inch intake done first. After i sort the front end out. Lol.

Hopefully the manifold makes a difference. A 4" Patroldocta snorkel & airbox was definitely one of my best mods so far.

I just went out and jumped in her only to find the floors wet. It looks like when I had my windscreen replaced they didn't do a very good job of sealing it. Would a line of silicone around the edges be a solution?

Bacho86
6th April 2016, 10:33 PM
Just looked at it out in the rain thinking to myself... it's about bloody time for another bush trip!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mudski
7th April 2016, 01:00 AM
Hopefully the manifold makes a difference. A 4" Patroldocta snorkel & airbox was definitely one of my best mods so far.

I just went out and jumped in her only to find the floors wet. It looks like when I had my windscreen replaced they didn't do a very good job of sealing it. Would a line of silicone around the edges be a solution?

Certainly would help with the leak I assume.

Stropp
7th April 2016, 04:32 PM
had gonzo from perth city tyres mobile come around in his truck and balance the tyres, he has a "finger" balancer and managed to sort it out the balance on the tyres, if anyone needs tyres balanced in the perth area call him.

MyGU8
8th April 2016, 09:24 AM
Finally installed Provent 200 Catch Can:

mudnut
8th April 2016, 01:40 PM
Just looked at it out in the rain thinking to myself... it's about bloody time for another bush trip!!!

I used prepsol all around the seal and used masking tape to make a 3 to 4mm line. I then used sikaflex, sparingly and forced it into the rubber with pressure from my finger.
It hasn't leaked since. I don't know how it will affect the replacement when it needs doing though.

sooty_10
8th April 2016, 07:33 PM
Replaced the broken rear sway bar link with a set I got off ebay for $80. Be interesting to see if the body roll is tamed up.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Hodge
8th April 2016, 07:38 PM
Cleaned up the hole for the cable on the large barn door, some fresh paint, rubber grommet and a ton of silicone. Previous owner just drilled a hole and sealed it with tiniest bit of silicone he could...

mudski
9th April 2016, 08:22 AM
Replaced the broken rear sway bar link with a set I got off ebay for $80. Be interesting to see if the body roll is tamed up.

Haha. I took my front sway bar off yesterday to try and diagnose some issues. How anyone could drive with the front sway bar off is beyond me. I'd have to take a travel sickness tablet every time I drove the car.

threedogs
9th April 2016, 08:44 AM
Cleaned up the hole for the cable on the large barn door, some fresh paint, rubber grommet and a ton of silicone. Previous owner just drilled a hole and sealed it with tiniest bit of silicone he could...

Are you going to fit the small strut to the small back door, great mod.
Keeps the door open when Patrol is on an angle
Highly recommend lol

sooty_10
9th April 2016, 09:09 AM
Haha. I took my front sway bar off yesterday to try and diagnose some issues. How anyone could drive with the front sway bar off is beyond me. I'd have to take a travel sickness tablet every time I drove the car.
You should try the rear off then. 10 x worse i reckon.

Hodge
9th April 2016, 11:11 AM
You should try the rear off then. 10 x worse i reckon.

I remember when we were swapping Jonathan's rear axle a little while ago was the first time I had a feel of a patrol with no sway bars and this thing was like a rocking horse side to side.

Kimbo63
9th April 2016, 01:47 PM

Hahaha need to get some sea legs there mudski

foggs
9th April 2016, 02:08 PM
Serviced it myself for the very first time since buying :)
Oil and oil filter change was a little painful with a couple of small spills but now I know better for next time. :D

Clunk
9th April 2016, 02:18 PM
Finally put up the Sunsseker 2 awning that I bought before xmas, put it on the drivers side. Still have the Ridge Ryder awning on the passenger side at the mo. Was intending on camping out tonight with the missus and wee man but will have to see how this rain progresses.

Might invest in one of these one day

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/camping/tents/base-tent-2500_32119

threedogs
9th April 2016, 03:44 PM
Finally put up the Sunsseker 2 awning that I bought before xmas, put it on the drivers side. Still have the Ridge Ryder awning on the passenger side at the mo. Was intending on camping out tonight with the missus and wee man but will have to see how this rain progresses.

Might invest in one of these one day

http://www.rhinorack.com.au/products/camping/tents/base-tent-2500_32119

Big fan of that style tent/room, you could set one side up for sleeping[awning] and the other for cooking.
Great until you have to move lol great pick up

Clunk
9th April 2016, 04:02 PM
Big fan of that style tent/room, you could set one side up for sleeping[awning] and the other for cooking.
Great until you have to move lol great pick up
The good thing about these ones are that they can be used as standalone too, with the additional pole kit....., don't have to have it fitted under your awning

threedogs
9th April 2016, 05:48 PM
The good thing about these ones are that they can be used as standalone too, with the additional pole kit....., don't have to have it fitted under your awning

That's even better as you can take off down the beach or general store, good one
I hope the pole kit isn't too pricey

BigRAWesty
10th April 2016, 09:17 PM
Washed it......

Semmo
11th April 2016, 02:42 PM
Installed a Redback 3" exhaust

Sir Roofy
11th April 2016, 02:48 PM
Give her a wash to get the dust off

mudnut
11th April 2016, 03:24 PM
Give her a wash to get the dust off

And did you wash the Patrol as well?

Stropp
11th April 2016, 11:59 PM
And did you wash the Patrol as well?

:smileyvault-cute-bi:smileyvault-cute-bi:smileyvault-cute-bi

Chappy
12th April 2016, 11:29 PM
I started installing my front mount intercooler & intake manifold. I'm still waiting for the new turbo & exhaust manifold in the post.

sooty_10
13th April 2016, 11:00 PM
I started installing my front mount intercooler & intake manifold. I'm still waiting for the new turbo & exhaust manifold in the post.

Where did you get the manifold from? Looks similar to what I have in mind for mine.

Rocket55
13th April 2016, 11:01 PM
Put it on the market :-(

Chappy
13th April 2016, 11:37 PM
Sooty I bought it from a bloke in Queensland.

I'm officially intercooled! Just need some hose clamps.

nissannewby
13th April 2016, 11:38 PM

Which market? Where can I find it

Rocket55
13th April 2016, 11:47 PM
Nissan Patrol GU4 TD42Ti on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1110026333

I'll get it on car sales later probably.

Bacho86
14th April 2016, 07:13 AM
Nissan Patrol GU4 TD42Ti on Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/1110026333

I'll get it on car sales later probably.

Mod list reads very nicely mate, no doubt someone will pick up a very nice rig!

Rocket55
14th April 2016, 07:18 AM
Mod list reads very nicely mate, no doubt someone will pick up a very nice rig!

It'll probably end up in one of those "overpriced Patrol" threads getting around ;) but it's a lot of car and I'm not going to give it away, well at least not just yet anyway.

Hodge
14th April 2016, 07:24 AM
So decided to pull the pin Rod.
Somebody will get the rig of all rigs.

I should just sell mine and pick up yours . Everything already done.

Goodluck mate.

Rocket55
14th April 2016, 07:40 AM
I'll be sad to see it go that's for sure, but in saying that not a bad replacement coming.

Hodge
14th April 2016, 09:53 AM
I'll be sad to see it go that's for sure, but in saying that not a bad replacement coming.
What's the replacement ?

nissannewby
14th April 2016, 11:14 AM
He is going to the dark side.

kimbelr
14th April 2016, 01:08 PM
She's had a new turbo and a new wheel bearing and nice new oil to replace the black gunk in the transfer and diffs, now she needs new shocks. Is there no end.......???

tiny
14th April 2016, 02:53 PM
Something so stupid that I really shouldn't say. Did oil change to tb42 and thought my oil bottles were 4 liters but they were 5... So instead of putting in 8 plus extra from last change I put in 10.5 liters lmao
Woulda been ok if diesel
Oh and a good little mod I did was buy some 2 inch high density foam under my canvas seat covers from Clark rubber...
Nice and comfy now.

Rocket55
14th April 2016, 03:22 PM
What's the replacement ?

LC200 Sahara

Hodge
14th April 2016, 03:25 PM
LC200 Sahara
Just a bit of an upgrade mate. Congratulations.

Rocket55
14th April 2016, 04:07 PM
Thanks, Eric. It's getting delivered to my place next Friday. I'm taking the Patrol out for it's final run this weekend so mixed emotions all round.

Hodge
14th April 2016, 04:17 PM
Thanks, Eric. It's getting delivered to my place next Friday. I'm taking the Patrol out for it's final run this weekend so mixed emotions all round.
I can imagine mate what what a rig to give away . Well not give away but you know what I mean. All that research and work put into it .

threedogs
14th April 2016, 04:49 PM
@ Rocket I have front points for the 200 Ill PM you with some details
Congrats on the new wheels ,,,,power to burn twin turbo diesel V8 lol

Chappy
14th April 2016, 08:20 PM
Hose clamped and test driven, big front mount, custom manifold and piping all done. Looking as flash as a rat with a gold tooth!

Stropp
14th April 2016, 11:10 PM
Had to tell my patrol that I'm flying to roofy's donk party and not driving, I think she is a little devastated atm 😏

BigRAWesty
15th April 2016, 06:16 PM
Awning.
Tick
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/95.jpg

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 03:05 PM
So the weekend has seen the bull bar off and winch re positioned to make it easier to engage the gear..
Now to finish wiring..
And also installed the snorkle..
Fark me now I know why shops charge $300+ to install!!!!

And what the fark was nissan thinking with that stupid duct in the wheel arvo? ?
Really. That and the big ass peice of foam as a "filter" would have been so restrictive...
Glad it's gone and glad it's done..
If anyone wants a hand doing one...
No..... lol

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 03:06 PM
Need a photo...
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/111.jpg

mudski
17th April 2016, 08:00 PM
Removed both radius arms and put new rear bushes in. The two main bushes are less than four months old so i only replaced the rears, which were four months old, just to fault find this front end noise. Also new radius arm bolts and nuts went in, as the old bolts were a little worn. Painted the front diff while everything was out, with POR15.
Hen drove it to the bottle shop and bought a six pack and drank them...

Rocket55
17th April 2016, 09:54 PM
And what the fark was nissan thinking with that stupid duct in the wheel arvo? ?
Really. That and the big ass peice of foam as a "filter" would have been so restrictive...
Glad it's gone and glad it's done..
If anyone wants a hand doing one...
No..... lol

Yeah it's a pretty ordinary piece of design work ay! I'm surprised they can breath at all standard..

I've done 2 of them now and got to admit I'm not in a big hurry to do anymore either.

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 09:56 PM
Yeah it's a pretty ordinary piece of design work ay! I'm surprised they can breath at all standard..

I've done 2 of them now and got to admit I'm not in a big hurry to do anymore either.
My foam was bloody soggy to so glad she's all gone..
Now growlers mentioned sensor safe silicone?? Wtf

Rocket55
17th April 2016, 10:00 PM
I used auto Sikalfex, I think it's Sika 225 or 227 or something like that anyway.

BigRAWesty
17th April 2016, 10:18 PM
I used auto Sikalfex, I think it's Sika 225 or 227 or something like that anyway.
Yea the stuff I used is odorless and sensor / electrical safe..

Old Wal
17th April 2016, 11:02 PM
Been a while since I posted anything - too busy with work. Recently I have had a new clutch / kit fitted, new rear main seal while gearbox was out. Also had 43% reduction gears fitted in transfer case including rebuild kit - all fitted by others. My contribution was to pay . I have also repacked / adjusted front & rear wheel bearings ( mine has the fully floating rear axle ) , replaced front panhard rod bushes. Finished my dual battery install. Full oil change & grease. Taken 3 months off work to travel.

Rocket55
17th April 2016, 11:43 PM
Yea the stuff I used is odorless and sensor / electrical safe..

That's the main thing, then.

firm351
20th April 2016, 06:35 PM
Replaced the worn out ignition barrel with a new one. So much better than jiggling the key until it gets the right spot.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

BigRAWesty
20th April 2016, 06:45 PM
All but sold it..
Be a sad day Wednesday or Thursday next week..

jay see
20th April 2016, 06:49 PM
All but sold it..
Be a sad day Wednesday or Thursday next week..

Have I missed something here???

mudski
20th April 2016, 06:50 PM
It'd be the old Q mate.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

jay see
20th April 2016, 06:52 PM
It'd be the old Q mate.

Oh, I thought that was already gone.

threedogs
20th April 2016, 06:56 PM
A hell of a lot of memories in that GQ I'd imagine.
Chin up mate we're here for you dont forget a pic
of it driving away. sob sob

Maxhead
20th April 2016, 07:20 PM

Not really mate, he wasn't happy with the CRD so he's moving it on

NissanGQ4.2
20th April 2016, 07:29 PM
Started it and moved it so I can get the camping trailer out of the garage....... that is all :(, had to rip out the crappadore battery first as the Patrol's battery is rs.

First time in a few years its been under cover :(

Maybe I should stick this in the Angry thread!

BigRAWesty
21st April 2016, 12:02 AM
Not really mate, he wasn't happy with the CRD so he's moving it on
It's not my car to make that call lol..
But no I am really happy with the upgrade..

It'd be the old Q mate.

Yea the old gq..
Not as much as I was hoping for but it's money off the gu instead of rusting away on the verge..

MB
21st April 2016, 12:57 PM
Bought the Mrs some new shoes ready for winter :-) !http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/04/143.jpg

Daveo1964
21st April 2016, 10:33 PM
Ripped out all the rear seats and installed a draw set up.

BigRAWesty
21st April 2016, 10:35 PM
Ripped out all the rear seats and installed a draw set up.
We have only 2 rules here...
1. Introduction.. congratulations completed..
2. It's never true without pictures. Lol

Chappy
22nd April 2016, 02:09 PM
Turbo and manifold arrived but the dump pipe is nowhere to be seen... Let's hope it's in a separate box to be delivered today..

threedogs
22nd April 2016, 02:45 PM
This arrived today so off I went to try it on my Dash.
there are scratches there from the previous owner
Now there is not a scratch to be seen, you ripper
a small thing but makes me feel better, its a liquid
and I got it from the UK

Woof
22nd April 2016, 03:00 PM
Finally got my second spare

macca
22nd April 2016, 03:11 PM

Holy crappa, thats massive!

Woof
22nd April 2016, 03:52 PM
Holy crappa, thats massive!

No mate, it is just the photo and the way the tyres are mounted....they are only 33"s

Avo
22nd April 2016, 05:04 PM
Did you find another toyo rim

Avo
23rd April 2016, 09:56 AM
Thought about it..been 3 weeks locked up while on holidays....
Going from a hired V8 to a 3lt GUtless......hmm

mudski
23rd April 2016, 10:00 AM
Time for TD42 then Avo.

threedogs
23rd April 2016, 11:15 AM

They are lightning fast for a big 4x4 lol

BigRAWesty
23rd April 2016, 12:07 PM

Conversion then??

Avo
23rd April 2016, 12:15 PM
Conversion then??
Yeah to a toyo v8

They are lightning fast for a big 4x4 lol

Woof
23rd April 2016, 01:49 PM

Oi, leave Jess's GU alone................maybe you should get yourself a Patrol mate :harhar:

Stropp
23rd April 2016, 01:52 PM
Yeah to a toyo v8

well its your wifes patrol so i dont see why you dont get your own :harhar:

threedogs
23rd April 2016, 02:43 PM
Found a great product for touching up scratches on the dash, horn pad, console you name it
Comes in all colours and highly recommend, great product and easy to use. They originally sent
me dark brown and without hesitation sent me a dark grey "pen", not over priced either

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/251221226211?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&var=550211368221&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

threedogs
25th April 2016, 03:58 PM
With the help of ET ,,,again managed to wire up my DRL's
they are mainly for inclement weather conditions, and like
when you enter a freeway when raining.

DX grunt
25th April 2016, 10:41 PM
I thrashed the guts out of my ute this weekend, by going on an outing with a club.

Put it into H1, drove down sandy tracks, got bush pin striping, got the mirrors pushed in by the branches, and filled the back of the pod up with dust, because I forgot to close the newly installed vents. lol.

I'm starting to get the hang of this 4wd'ing. lol. I might have to do it again in a couple of years. PML.

Now for the cleaning.

garett
26th April 2016, 11:23 AM
washed the outside of it

DX grunt
26th April 2016, 01:46 PM
Got my Bushranger, under bonnet, shower installed today.

Pity it's cold and wet, otherwise there would be pictures. lol

But today, it's words not pictures, words not pictures. lol

growler2058
26th April 2016, 01:50 PM
Got my Bushranger, under bonnet, shower installed today.

Words not pictures, words not pictures. lol

Pity it's cold and wet, otherwise there would be pictures. lol

Too late damn you i already visualized "THAT PHOTO" but under the shower wet t-shirt style hahahahah

threedogs
26th April 2016, 03:10 PM
I to have nightmares

Chappy
26th April 2016, 03:56 PM
I was a little silly and ordered the 12mm pump and high flow injectors today.. Just waiting on a call back from JPC about fitting/dyno cost now. Hopefully it all arrives tomorrow :icon_driving:

mudski
26th April 2016, 04:12 PM
I was at JPC this morning.

AB
26th April 2016, 04:55 PM
I was a little silly and ordered the 12mm pump and high flow injectors today.. Just waiting on a call back from JPC about fitting/dyno cost now. Hopefully it all arrives tomorrow :icon_driving: What did that set you back?

Chappy
26th April 2016, 05:39 PM
What did that set you back?

$2640 with my 10mm pump on exchange.

nissannewby
26th April 2016, 05:40 PM
What did that set you back?

And who is supplying pump and "high flow" injectors.

nissannewby
26th April 2016, 05:42 PM
$2640 with my 10mm pump on exchange.

Is that pump only price?

Chappy
26th April 2016, 06:53 PM
And who is supplying pump and "high flow" injectors.
Performance 4x4, same as my turbo.

Is that pump only price?
Pump and injectors.

lhurley
26th April 2016, 07:49 PM
Spent the last 2 days rewiring all my accessories and removing the hideous efforts of wiring done by the previous owners. Only taken my 4 years to get around to it.

Added some cig plugs in the back and some led light strips while i was going.

BigRAWesty
26th April 2016, 09:16 PM
Road trip to Adelaide and back..
Averaged 14/100 which is good.. I expected about 1/100 increase with the roof bars and awning on..

nissannewby
26th April 2016, 09:48 PM
Not today but yesterday. Removed injector pump and injectors in preparation for upgrades. Will also utilise having the extra room to do engine mounts, fan, belts andother gear that is easier to get at while its apart

Plasnart
26th April 2016, 09:59 PM
Road trip to Adelaide and back..
Averaged 14/100 which is good.. I expected about 1/100 increase with the roof bars and awning on..

I get 13's so 1/100 may be right.

BigRAWesty
26th April 2016, 10:00 PM
I get 13's so 1/100 may be right.
Yea I got 13 on the last trip to Adelaide and that was pre rack and awning..

jay see
30th April 2016, 05:54 PM
Found and fitted that one way valve for the rear water squirter that I got off Mudski ages ago. Yeah, I know exciting stuff....

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Bacho86
30th April 2016, 08:05 PM
Just looked at it...wondering how quickly the 2 weeks will fly until next high country trip!! [emoji3][emoji3]

Clunk
30th April 2016, 08:25 PM
drove it to Mirrabooka, then to Kalamunda, then back home.......... gonna need something more comfortable :(

mudnut
30th April 2016, 08:27 PM
What about some suspension seats?

Clunk
30th April 2016, 09:24 PM
What about some suspension seats?

when I mean comfortable, I also mean more space, not just for me but also the kids

Plasnart
30th April 2016, 09:53 PM
when I mean comfortable, I also mean more space, not just for me but also the kids

So youre in the market for a GU. I hear ya.

Makka
30th April 2016, 10:51 PM
broke the spill rail while putting the injectors in ......... found a guy up the road with one. so bought it the got a kebab on the way home :049::049:

Clunk
30th April 2016, 11:44 PM
So youre in the market for a GU. I hear ya.

nah, don't find them any more comfortable to be honest, have driven my brothers 2006 a couple of times and oddly enough find the seats worse than mine

Chappy
1st May 2016, 12:12 AM
Tidied up my wiring a bunch & installed a Narva fuse box. I also finally installed my coolant gauge..

Avo
1st May 2016, 01:23 AM
nah, don't find them any more comfortable to be honest, have driven my brothers 2006 a couple of times and oddly enough find the seats worse than mine

just do it......and sit down and shut up..

Patrol'n
1st May 2016, 02:54 AM
Serviced and installed my new (to me anyway) Warn winch that I was lucky to get at a great price. Also changed the wire to dyneema.😀

Now to see if I need it to pull out my mates Toyota tomorrow!

4bye4
1st May 2016, 10:13 AM
Serviced and installed my new (to me anyway) Warn winch that I was lucky to get at a great price. Also changed the wire to dyneema.😀

Now to see if I need it to pull out my mates Toyota tomorrow!

How did you go with the suspected thrust bearing issue?

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 06:56 PM
Got external speaker wired into the uhf, cable tied it to the steering colum..
Also finished wiring the light bar.
And installed the winch isolation switch while it was apart..
Also fitted a 115mm fan to the rear trim pannel for the compressor cooling..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/10.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/11.jpg
And then packed the gq ready to go tomorrow..
Gunna be a sad arvo..

Patrol'n
1st May 2016, 08:32 PM
How did you go with the suspected thrust bearing issue?

Well touch wood, it just seems to have gone away. I'm wondering if a lump of mud / crud was stuck in there after the holland track.

Patrol'n
1st May 2016, 08:34 PM
Today I wound my winch rope back in...

With a Toyota attached to it😂😃

Poor bugger, now I gotta help him pull the carpets out...

BigRAWesty
1st May 2016, 08:52 PM

Bahahaha.. good one

garett
1st May 2016, 09:19 PM
got the rear brake not to release... 3hrs from home.

Rossco
1st May 2016, 09:23 PM

Pictures? ? . . .

Patrol'n
1st May 2016, 10:57 PM
Pictures? ? . . .

I didn't take any of pulling him in, was rushing a bit as he was panicking as the muddy water started coming in, (I slipped in the mud and my jeans resembled his car interior! I can upload one of the floor once we got it out and he started mopping up?

sooty_10
3rd May 2016, 07:03 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/69.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/70.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/71.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/72.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/73.jpg
Old off...... New on. Good feeling knowing it's all fresh. Massive shout out to Mudski for the studs and nuts.
Tomorrow I might tackle the fronts if I get motivated and it isn't too wet.

Chappy
3rd May 2016, 07:19 PM
Looks great! What brand?

sooty_10
3rd May 2016, 07:35 PM
Looks great! What brand?
RDA slotted dimpled rotors with EBC green stuff pads.

mudski
3rd May 2016, 07:48 PM
How did you go about changing the studs?
Dont go losing another wheel too mate. Lol

sooty_10
3rd May 2016, 07:56 PM
How did you go about changing the studs?
Dont go losing another wheel too mate. Lol
They are all on nice and solid now mate. Haha. Damn factory alloys. Rear studs are easy you can do them without removing brake disc, easier though if you are replacing the disc. Simply hit them with a mallet and they pop out the back insert new one and do up nut. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/75.jpg

Chappy
3rd May 2016, 07:57 PM
RDA slotted dimpled rotors with EBC green stuff pads.

Great thanks mate. Upgrading my brakes is definitely on my to do list. Let us know how they perform compared to your old ones.

mudski
3rd May 2016, 11:24 PM
Great thanks mate. Upgrading my brakes is definitely on my to do list. Let us know how they perform compared to your old ones.

Get some GU diffs under it and then you'll have GU brakes. And a slightly wider stance.

BigRAWesty
4th May 2016, 07:37 AM
Get some GU diffs under it and then you'll have GU brakes. And a slightly wider stance.
After now owning a gu I wish I got my ass into gear and finished the gq.. would have been insane stopping power..

Winnie
4th May 2016, 08:13 AM

I bought calipers from a TB42E GQ, they are twin piston and are a massive upgrade to the single pistons!!

Chappy
4th May 2016, 08:14 AM

I'll have to look into it. Are the GU brakes much better than the series 2 GQ brakes?

BigRAWesty
4th May 2016, 08:56 AM
I'll have to look into it. Are the GU brakes much better than the series 2 GQ brakes?
I think there a bigger disk.
I know the 4.8 brakes are and later gu's are as you can only fit a 16" rim on them..
Pretty sure early gu's are similar to the series 2 gq as you can still throw 15" rims on em..

If your doing the gu upgrade it's best to grab the master cylinder aswell.
And while your at it the steering box and drag rod aswell.. (drag rod will be needed regardless due to the longer distance from box to hub..)

Chappy
4th May 2016, 09:30 PM
I think there a bigger disk.
I know the 4.8 brakes are and later gu's are as you can only fit a 16" rim on them..
Pretty sure early gu's are similar to the series 2 gq as you can still throw 15" rims on em..

If your doing the gu upgrade it's best to grab the master cylinder aswell.
And while your at it the steering box and drag rod aswell.. (drag rod will be needed regardless due to the longer distance from box to hub..)

Sounds as though it could quickly turn into an expensive project haha! I was thinking about fitting a PID Diesel Hydro Boost kit. I wonder if that would be comparable?

BigRAWesty
4th May 2016, 09:38 PM
Sounds as though it could quickly turn into an expensive project haha! I was thinking about fitting a PID Diesel Hydro Boost kit. I wonder if that would be comparable?
Hydraulic is an awesome upgrade. Probably ultimate..

Safe brake do a nice braided line upgrade which the boys say adds a nice positive feel to the pedal..

Chappy
4th May 2016, 10:11 PM
Hydraulic is an awesome upgrade. Probably ultimate..

Safe brake do a nice braided line upgrade which the boys say adds a nice positive feel to the pedal..

I've got one of their kits bookmarked actually, it's on the to do list. I think I'll save my pennies for the PID Hydro setup. I wonder if anyone on here has hitted the kit?

nissannewby
5th May 2016, 08:30 AM
I havent fitted one but have driven one. Pedal feel is much firmer but no issue locking up 4 35s on bitumen. Will out do any other mod but if you do the lot will have a very good braking system

threedogs
5th May 2016, 04:55 PM
I bought calipers from a TB42E GQ, they are twin piston and are a massive upgrade to the single pistons!!

There is one of these sitting in the front yard around the corner from me , minus the motor.
Been there for years, whole family are Patrol crazy lol

From 306mm to 316 mm I wouldnt think 5mm would give a
huge benefit in braking,the twin piston caliper hell yeah

306 being most model and 316 being the 4.8s

mudski
6th May 2016, 10:32 AM
There is one of these sitting in the front yard around the corner from me , minus the motor.
Been there for years, whole family are Patrol crazy lol

From 306mm to 316 mm I wouldnt think 5mm would give a
huge benefit in braking,the twin piston caliper hell yeah

306 being most model and 316 being the 4.8s

It not just about disc size from the standard GU brakes to the TB48 brakes. The master cylinder has a larger bore and so do the pistons in the calipers. Doing this conversion on mine made a big difference to braking power.

sooty_10
6th May 2016, 07:02 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/107.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/108.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/109.jpg
And now the fronts are done.

BigRAWesty
6th May 2016, 07:52 PM
Started the exhaust lol.. couldn't help myself..
So far so good

mudnut
6th May 2016, 08:07 PM
Finally got the EGR pipe fitted to the headers.

Bacho86
6th May 2016, 08:16 PM
Started the exhaust lol.. couldn't help myself..
So far so good

How many times did you soak the studs? Good luck!!

BigRAWesty
6th May 2016, 08:19 PM
Ummmmmm. .. twice..
Actually most of em were loose.. which isn't good..

BigRAWesty
6th May 2016, 08:25 PM
In 3 hours I've removed pipe work around the turbo, the catch setup, removed actuator to remove the heat shield, remived flex section of exhaust, old dump pipe, tried fitting new dump pipe, had to remove sway bar, fitted dump pipe and so far all good.
Refitted actuator and sway bar..
So tomorrow it should all be smooth sailing..

Hodge
6th May 2016, 08:28 PM
Well done bloke. So far you're way ahead of where I was at that stage. I can't recall removing the sway bar though .

Bacho86
6th May 2016, 08:30 PM
Ummmmmm. .. twice..
Actually most of em were loose.. which isn't good..

No I wouldn't think so...

In 3 hours I've removed pipe work around the turbo, the catch setup, removed actuator to remove the heat shield, remived flex section of exhaust, old dump pipe, tried fitting new dump pipe, had to remove sway bar, fitted dump pipe and so far all good.
Refitted actuator and sway bar..
So tomorrow it should all be smooth sailing..

Good work, sounds like it's all going to plan then !! When you going to attack the heat shield?

BigRAWesty
6th May 2016, 08:58 PM
It's out..

Was a carnt.. all the heater hoses over the top of it I have to remove the actuator to get it out..
That's what I've achieved this arvo..
Tomorrow I reinstall the intake and finish the rest of the exhaust fit out..
Dump pipe fit perfectly..

Chappy
6th May 2016, 10:22 PM
Mounted up the roof top light bar. Now the fun job of wiring it in..

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/113.jpg

Bacho86
7th May 2016, 05:15 PM
Put the mud tyres on ready for next weekends high country trip!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/126.jpg

growler2058
7th May 2016, 05:16 PM
opened the drivers door

threedogs
7th May 2016, 05:19 PM
opened the drivers door

Is it a permanent fix with the new lock,
or will it happen again later down the track?????

@ Chappy hows it go with the snorkle??
plenty of light to overcome it???

growler2058
7th May 2016, 05:20 PM

Probably shit itself in 8 years they rekon

garett
7th May 2016, 07:50 PM
changed the rear diff housing

Chappy
7th May 2016, 08:01 PM

@ Chappy hows it go with the snorkle??
plenty of light to overcome it???
I've only tested it in the driveway but it's great so far. I'm going to ditch my smaller front light bar and replace it when LED spotties I think.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/128.jpg

nissannewby
7th May 2016, 08:04 PM
Can see your rego..

Sir Roofy
7th May 2016, 08:31 PM
Found the problem with the batteries Alternator had shat its self big
caughtup with my nieghbour who has a proper tester last night
So waited till Jane-o got home from work this morning down to lilydale
picked up a Jaylec alternator 100amp
Went against all odds as I did a bit to much yesterday but today was a
big day
put the new unit in What a job All 3ls should come with detachable gaurds
or even better a bonnet like a Kenny
so the jobs done no more can go wrong or can it if it does it down the back
and parked up and all this only 3 weeks out of hospital after major surgery
BUT the best thing is the lights melt the bitumen 100yards in front yay

megatexture
8th May 2016, 12:06 PM
About to go change the tyres to roadies now all the public hols have passed, verry happy with how the new km2s went.

BigRAWesty
8th May 2016, 12:26 PM
Serviced it

Chappy
8th May 2016, 10:06 PM
Wired up my roof top light bar & installed and wired my rear lights. Big job but I'm glad it's done.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/132.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/133.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/134.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/135.jpg

Chappy
9th May 2016, 01:10 PM
Patrols in the exhaust shop as we speak. I picked up these beauties for the intake also.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/142.jpg

Winnie
9th May 2016, 02:13 PM
Nice, has your pump shown up yet?

Chappy
9th May 2016, 02:17 PM
Nice, has your pump shown up yet?

The pump & injectors arrived at JPC this morning. They get fitted tomorrow. I can't wait!

Hodge
9th May 2016, 03:11 PM
Good news Chappy.
It all worked out.

Winnie
9th May 2016, 03:50 PM
The pump & injectors arrived at JPC this morning. They get fitted tomorrow. I can't wait!
Awesome mate, can't wait to hear what you think of it

Chappy
9th May 2016, 06:02 PM
Just picked her up from the exhaust shop, sounds great. 12mm Tuesday tomorrow! I'm more than excited.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/147.jpg

nissannewby
9th May 2016, 07:37 PM
Patrols in the exhaust shop as we speak. I picked up these beauties for the intake also.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/142.jpg

What part of the intake? Those 304 ultibends arent great. I would paint them. Unless you have a good cleaning regime. They tend to spot rust and loose their finish.

Chappy
9th May 2016, 07:39 PM
What part of the intake? Those 304 ultibends arent great. I would paint them. Unless you have a good cleaning regime. They tend to spot rust and loose their finish.
Airbox to turbo. I'm pretty good with cleaning the engine bay, I try and keep it nice and tidy. They were only $35 each so not a huge loss if they go bad.

nissannewby
9th May 2016, 07:39 PM
Are they 4"?

Chappy
9th May 2016, 08:54 PM
Are they 4"?
Yep 4". I'll have to get them cut to size and welded. I've had to use a 4" 90 bend for now.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/151.jpg