PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

93patrol
13th June 2013, 09:16 PM
Tried to call VKS 737 on my HF Codan NGT AR radio, but the ionosphere didn't want to work in my favour tonight.

Too many fishermen wanted to talk at the same time. lol.

Who's this your calling Rossco is it an aeroplane?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

DX grunt
13th June 2013, 09:20 PM
Who's this your calling Rossco is it an aeroplane?

http://www.vks737.on.net/

It's my Plan B. lol

93patrol
13th June 2013, 09:26 PM
Nice work.

Never heard of it before but will keep an ear out for it.

mudski
13th June 2013, 11:00 PM
Where you get he spray paint from TD?

Cuppa
13th June 2013, 11:36 PM
Ordered a snorkel for Nev the mighty "U"

How you gonna manage with your 'No drill Policy"?

Clunk
14th June 2013, 12:09 AM
How you gonna manage with your 'No drill Policy"?

Double sided sticky tape ;)

Tapping on the Tab via MC

Drewboyaus
15th June 2013, 08:38 PM
Swapped my ARB bullbar over for an ARB winch bar.
Didn't fit initially and I still have one bolt not lining up properly.
Wouldn't have been able to do it single handed without Irish's engine crane delivered to my door by BloodyAussie. Great stuff. Thanks guys!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

trekster
15th June 2013, 09:32 PM
Got it muddy and dirty today :)

boots
15th June 2013, 10:26 PM
Six monthly service today & new diff oils & tyre rotation .

Shaun 4x4
16th June 2013, 12:01 AM
Got it muddy and dirty today :)

Me too! :)

Tomorrow will be a clean :(

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 12:11 AM
Filled her up with diesel.
164.93 litres @ $1.449
Bloody hell running in fumes.

sil3nt_dr3ams
16th June 2013, 04:54 AM
Working on this,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/06/78.jpg

Tonks
16th June 2013, 08:36 AM
Installed a new side awning & also had a Berrima tune up on thursday.

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 10:49 AM
Going for a 150km 2hr drive to Korumburra to help out Westy's pick up his bullbar off TheBigFella. Then off to Cowes 70km 1hr drive to see someone about a winged chair.

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 01:53 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/06/85.jpghttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/06/86.jpgPicked up a bullbar for westy now off to Cowes.

BigRAWesty
16th June 2013, 02:31 PM
Hahaha. That's the best thing I've seen for a while. Thanks heaps mate..
Time for a happy thread post.. :D

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
16th June 2013, 04:52 PM
Went off to bunnings, bought my very first angle grinder and a sidichrome 60 piece socket set. Picked up a replacement alloy bullbar for a 6 pack of JD.
Removed the old bar, ground off the scrub bars from the steps. Keeping the steps on for now because of the kids, will get some sliders on there down the track. Chucked on the replacement bar.........makes the front end look rather bare now. Thinking I might either spray the grill black or even bling it up with a chrome one lol

No scrub bars...... Looks odd after all this time with them on

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Parksy
16th June 2013, 06:40 PM
Had a look at the rear section of roof by peeling some of the head lining back, no rust! What so ever! Pulled the sunvisors off and looked through the hole, no rust!! Sprayed some fish oil in, but will get some flexible hose so I can get the stuff in everywhere within the roof section. Happy days!

growler2058
16th June 2013, 06:48 PM
Went off to bunnings, bought my very first angle grinder and a sidichrome 60 piece socket set. Picked up a replacement alloy bullbar for a 6 pack of JD.
Removed the old bar, ground off the scrub bars from the steps. Keeping the steps on for now because of the kids, will get some sliders on there down the track. Chucked on the replacement bar.........makes the front end look rather bare now. Thinking I might either spray the grill black or even bling it up with a chrome one lol

Spotties or a light bar would sort that front end out mate

mudnut
16th June 2013, 06:55 PM
Checked the gap on the spark plugs, and put them in with some anti-seize, (never used the stuff before) and adjusted the new bonnet straps.

philfree
16th June 2013, 06:59 PM
put a new safari tuff clutch in and fitted a sub amp and new splits with their own amp for the stero

Clunk
16th June 2013, 07:51 PM
Spotties or a light bar would sort that front end out mate

yeah I'm thinking maybe a couple of 11in light bars running underneath the main lights and a couple of spotties in the middle

MEGOMONSTER
16th June 2013, 08:01 PM
Did a 400km round trip today, driving for 5 hrs to pick up Kallen's bullbar from Korumburra30360
And a winged chair my Missus wanted from Cowes, Phillip Island.
Finally at home

BigRAWesty
16th June 2013, 08:08 PM
put a new safari tuff clutch in and fitted a sub amp and new splits with their own amp for the stero

Party bus V2 right there...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

BigRAWesty
16th June 2013, 08:13 PM
Tanks again Mego.. must say bull bar looks much better than the chair... :p

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Drewboyaus
16th June 2013, 09:16 PM

Reckon you need to chop off those bits of Roo catcher at the bottom too to improve approach angle....

Winnie
16th June 2013, 09:20 PM
Just get pissed and get motivated at 1am like me and Jonathan did with Kris' GQ lmao cut them off in the middle of the night in woods point.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

happygu
16th June 2013, 09:26 PM
Had a look at the rear section of roof by peeling some of the head lining back, no rust! What so ever! Pulled the sunvisors off and looked through the hole, no rust!! Sprayed some fish oil in, but will get some flexible hose so I can get the stuff in everywhere within the roof section. Happy days!

Good stuff Parksy - you seem to have picked up a really good GQ for its age. No rust in the roof probably indicates it is fairly good right through .....

You can check the following extra places for rust, radiator support panel, behind the front wheels and in front of the front doors, where dirt accumulates and sits in there, in behind the flares, and inside the rear wheel arches, and that will put your mind at ease.

Mic

Drewboyaus
16th June 2013, 09:35 PM
Just get pissed and get motivated at 1am like me and Jonathan did with Kris' GQ lmao cut them off in the middle of the night in woods point.

That's what made me think of it!

93patrol
16th June 2013, 09:52 PM
Took it down the coast for a light beach run today. And took it out to get a load of firewood yesterday. Found out my little girl isn't a fan of 4wd just like her mum unfortunately but I reckon I'll win her over in a couple of years when she's a bit older. Either that or she doesn't like being in the ute without her child seat

Clunk
16th June 2013, 09:58 PM
Reckon you need to chop off those bits of Roo catcher at the bottom too to improve approach angle....

Yeah did that to the last bar, they're not so low on this one though, so will see how it goes. May just chop out the middle........ The bar is only temporary til I get the funds for a steel one or custom bar made.

Tapped out on the phone MC

Clunk
16th June 2013, 10:02 PM
Took it down the coast for a light beach run today. And took it out to get a load of firewood yesterday. Found out my little girl isn't a fan of 4wd just like her mum unfortunately but I reckon I'll win her over in a couple of years when she's a bit older. Either that or she doesn't like being in the ute without her child seat

Reckon a child seat would work mate, makes the feel a little more secure....... My 2 girls loved getting bounced about lol

Stropp
16th June 2013, 10:07 PM
Removed the old bar, ground off the scrub bars from the steps. Keeping the steps on for now because of the kids, will get some sliders on there down the track. Chucked on the replacement bar.........makes the front end look rather bare now. Thinking I might either spray the grill black or even bling it up with a chrome one

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!.

Looks better inho

93patrol
16th June 2013, 10:14 PM
Reckon a child seat would work mate, makes the feel a little more secure....... My 2 girls loved getting bounced about lol

Bit hard in the ute though trying to talk the mrs into letting get a wagon before we move for her teaching job next year

Drewboyaus
17th June 2013, 07:30 AM
Yeah did that to the last bar, they're not so low on this one though, so will see how it goes. May just chop out the middle........ The bar is only temporary til I get the funds for a steel one or custom bar made.

I have a nice ARB steel bar for a GQ sitting around doing nothing..........

GU CAMPER
17th June 2013, 07:39 AM
Bit hard in the ute though trying to talk the mrs into letting get a wagon before we move for her teaching job next year

You can put a child seat in utes if you don't have a passenger airbag

I have one in my gu ute

At least NSW you can

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DX grunt
17th June 2013, 09:56 AM
You can put a child seat in utes if you don't have a passenger airbag

I have one in my gu ute

I can put one in mine too. Mine's a 2005 GU DX ute, with no frills. It's gunna cost me about $190 to do it and because I've still got my 'bench' seat, the anchor point has to go on the passenger side, not for the middle seat.

Over here, some fitters give you a compliance plate, too.

If you're considering doing this, check with your fitting station or government gurus on this subject - before you start drilling holes.

GU CAMPER
17th June 2013, 11:04 AM
I can put one in mine too. Mine's a 2005 GU DX ute, with no frills. It's gunna cost me about $190 to do it and because I've still got my 'bench' seat, the anchor point has to go on the passenger side, not for the middle seat.

If you're considering doing this, check with your fitting station or government gurus on this subject - before you start drilling holes.

Yeah I had to take it to an authorised restraint fitting place

They put it in and gave me a certificate stating that it complies.

I have the 2 bucket seats and centre console. As I took out the bench seat

Same model ute as DX Grunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hodge
17th June 2013, 11:21 AM
I should have looked at the radar shouldn't I ? Half way through ripping the kaymar bar off , I got 4 bolts that just would not budge, and to top if off, that misty rain began soaking me very quickly. Not impressed lol.

93patrol
17th June 2013, 11:37 AM

Yeah thanks guys but the one to convince isn't me its the minister for war and finance and I can honestly say that only when he'll freezes over will there be a child seat in the ute.

I was on a farm when we were cutting wood and I know it's no excuse to have a child unrestrained I was the passenger and my mate was driving(his family farm) and we didn't get out of second gear idle because we were showing my daughter the cows and sheep and all the other animals on the farm

Hodge
17th June 2013, 07:02 PM
Just finished taking kaymar bar off and reinstating the factory bumper. Not as hard as I expected for a one person job. Hardest bit was loosening some of the nuts in very awkward spots. Getting spanners and sockets in there was tricky but eventually I won. With the bar off, I realized how rigid the kaymar bars actually are. Very very solid units. I'd hate to rear end someone wearing one.
From this...
http://imageshack.us/a/img526/6061/9qf9.jpg
To this...
http://imageshack.us/a/img594/8199/1mtn.jpg

Drewboyaus
17th June 2013, 07:17 PM
I should have looked at the radar shouldn't I ? Half way through ripping the kaymar bar off , I got 4 bolts that just would not budge, and to top if off, that misty rain began soaking me very quickly. Not impressed lol.

Best tool I ever bought is a battery powered impact wrench...... Makes light work if almost any bolt or nut!

Winnie
17th June 2013, 07:18 PM
That's what I need drew but they're so dear haha. Would make changing wheels a lot easier.

Bloodyaussie
17th June 2013, 07:27 PM
Why you taking it off?

Drewboyaus
17th June 2013, 07:28 PM
That's what I need drew but they're so dear haha. Would make changing wheels a lot easier.

I've got a bunch of the Ryobi tools with the same battery. Was in Bunnings a few weeks ago and they had the impact wrench on sale without the battery for $99.....too tempting, and it truly has become the most used tool I have.

Winnie
17th June 2013, 07:31 PM
Damn wish I'd have known because I have a ryobi battery and charger!

Hodge
17th June 2013, 08:00 PM
Best tool I ever bought is a battery powered impact wrench...... Makes light work if almost any bolt or nut!

Got one mate. But was useless, since most of the nuts were in very tight spots, some JUST had enough room for a deep socket and wrench.

Winnie
17th June 2013, 08:13 PM
I've got a bunch of the Ryobi tools with the same battery. Was in Bunnings a few weeks ago and they had the impact wrench on sale without the battery for $99.....too tempting, and it truly has become the most used tool I have.

Just found it at Bunnings for $129, I'll stop in tomorrow and get one. Great tool to have and one I've wanted for a while now.

boots
17th June 2013, 08:20 PM
Why you taking it off?

What are you doing with the kaymar bar Hodge ?

MEGOMONSTER
17th June 2013, 09:00 PM
Admired the pin striping on the driver door. Shyte.

Hodge
17th June 2013, 09:02 PM
Why you taking it off?

What are you doing with the kaymar bar Hodge ?
I'm getting a color-coded ARB bar in a little while, so thought I'd get rid of this sooner. Mate has dibs on it for now, he will know any day now. If not, it'll be for sale.

threedogs
19th June 2013, 06:52 PM
Made up this small step and bolted it to my faux wheel ,
I still need to remove he work light and fit some more tread plate on top.
I've highlighted the tread with white paint.

oncedisturbed
20th June 2013, 04:01 PM
just ordered a new adjustable draglink and tie rods, just waiting delivery.

Also ordered some of TD's recovery points...Austpost are soooooooooooo slow

trekster
20th June 2013, 09:53 PM
Managed to fit my winch cradle onto the chassis rails :o

Just need to sorta out winch and control box mounting :D

fracster
20th June 2013, 10:40 PM
Put new sponge in the drivers seat,used that memory foam stuff, seat is like a big old comfy armchair now.

Plus it all works when I put it back together, which is not the norm for me when I touch anything electrical.

Shaun 4x4
20th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Managed to ruin two of my brand new Mickey Thompson tyres tonight. Not happy one bit!

TPC
20th June 2013, 10:59 PM
Managed to ruin two of my brand new Mickey Thompson tyres tonight. Not happy one bit!

Bugger, how?

MEGOMONSTER
20th June 2013, 11:00 PM

Oh no, what happened.

ChrisN
20th June 2013, 11:43 PM
New brake pads all round. Found Repco is clearing out some GQ front Ferodo pads for $15 a pair - bought two pair!

ChrisN
20th June 2013, 11:44 PM
Also waiting on a set of GU-style hub locknuts and tool - hopefully tomorrow.

Shaun 4x4
21st June 2013, 01:08 AM
Was helping a mate get out of the bog and on the way back down the track must have swiped something and it put a hole in my two driver side tyres. Even worse the same thing happened to me mate. Both drivers side tyres.

BigRAWesty
21st June 2013, 01:14 AM
Bummer.. steel picket or something..?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Shaun 4x4
21st June 2013, 01:27 AM
Yer I think it was. One of me mates tyres had something in it but was to dark and mud bloody every where.
Will suss out all the damage properly in the morning.

lorrieandjas
21st June 2013, 08:29 AM
Replaced the dual mass clutch (with less than 10,000kms on it) to a solid mass......

riotpatrol
21st June 2013, 03:57 PM
Sat in the drivers seat and pondered where to mount my birthday presents that arrived today, the ones I bought before the dollar dropped from Auberins USA.

Adam

Parksy
21st June 2013, 04:29 PM
Fish oiled the gq roof insides. Easy job, just removed all the oh sh1t bars, driver and passenger sun visors and a bolt from the rear barn door latch and I had an easy entry point to poke a fogging want into. Nice and oily now and will let it sit all weekend to dry.

BigRAWesty
23rd June 2013, 09:12 AM
Drove it for the last time to work before the tear down.. it starts tonight..

First up, the whole front diff out.. due to limited WS space I figure its easier.. working at a nice height, and I'm pitting longer brake lines in anyway..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
23rd June 2013, 04:34 PM
Pic of my Provent that has been sitting in the shed for six mths, thanks to mike for the bracket.:clapping:

FNQGU
23rd June 2013, 05:21 PM
Pic of my Provent that has been sitting in the shed for six mths, thanks to mike for the bracket.:clapping:

What on earth is a Provent?

Stropp
23rd June 2013, 06:13 PM
What on earth is a Provent?

Mate it's a filter to catch the oil mist that would normally go back through the intake via the intercooler, it catches the mist and stops it coating the intake and intercooler.

MEGOMONSTER
23rd June 2013, 07:21 PM
Went for a drive to Healesville today for a day out, we had massages and had lunch. While my Missus was having her massage, I went for a drive into the Yarra Ranges National Park and went on the first track I could find, which was the Dom Dom Creek Track.
It was very easy track with soft red mud with some wet spots. It was fun and a bit slippery going back up the hill.

Drewboyaus
23rd June 2013, 07:22 PM
Fitted my side steps and scrub bars.
Then took it for a quick spin to the beach with the dog.

Bloodyaussie
23rd June 2013, 07:24 PM
Fitted my side steps and scrub bars.
Then took it for a quick spin to the beach with the dog.

Feel any difference mate... did you get round to fitting the winch??

Drewboyaus
23rd June 2013, 07:32 PM
Feel any difference mate... did you get round to fitting the winch??

Be marginal if anything at the moment, I haven't fitted the winch yet though.
I've got the winch apart and it's barely been used going by the look of it (or rebuilt previously). Going to give it a clean, grease it, seal 'er up and put a couple of breathers in before I fit it back up.
Might even replace the solenoids too.

gaddy
23rd June 2013, 07:38 PM
Changed the fuel filter , and thought might as well clean the thimbal filter in the pump as well , turns out it has been removed time to order a new one tomorrow ,

Parksy
23rd June 2013, 08:24 PM
Didn't do anything to it today, but noticed today after I fished oiled the roof the other day, the oil had seeped down the front windscreen channels and rubber section and down the rear window rubber sections. If anywhere needs corrosion protection it's these areas that don't really get anything. Oil is nice and tacky. Happy days!

trekster
23rd June 2013, 09:01 PM
Loosely wound the cable onto the winch so its not hanging around the garage, will do a proper spool on when time permits :)

Winnie
23rd June 2013, 09:17 PM
Put a new turbo on it with the help of George. Well, he did it and I watched and learned really. Great guy, really!

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2013, 09:30 PM
Put a new turbo on it with the help of George. Well, he did it and I watched and learned really. Great guy, really!

How's it go Chris? How it sound!!

Winnie
23rd June 2013, 09:35 PM
Sounds just as it did before maybe the whistle is a bit higher. Goes heaps better. Just more driveable

mudnut
24th June 2013, 04:48 PM
Noticed the valves pinging a little, under hard acceleration, so I backed off the timing 4 degrees, and now it goes like a cut cat, dragging a brick, as per RB30 norm:)

trekster
29th June 2013, 10:03 PM
In cabin manual boost controller installed, Chucked a switch on my driving lights to finish them off as well.

Woodsta1704
29th June 2013, 11:55 PM
Replaced the Fan belt tensioner assembly on my ZD30 02 Patrol and chucked on a new belt too. (No more squealing now, thank christ lol)

menace 2
30th June 2013, 12:13 AM
Finally starting to put all the bolt on's in place..picked up the bullbar today...started late with putting in the 2' lift with new KM2's and so only got the front done ..ended up having to finish it by torch light !!
Rear to be done tomorrow , superior panhard rod and bullbar ..starting to morph from stock to a truck...gotta love the look of 33's on it.

Stropp
30th June 2013, 01:28 AM
Replaced the Fan belt tensioner assembly on my ZD30 02 Patrol and chucked on a new belt too. (No more squealing now, thank christ lol)

Mate lucky it's just the belt and not the dreaded grenade squeal!

Stropp
30th June 2013, 05:25 PM
Took my mate out who is over from qld and showed him what a patrol can do cause the poor fella only has a jeep!

BigRAWesty
30th June 2013, 05:30 PM
Took a big bite.. now I gotta chew..

But also got the rods done.. new HD drag rod compared to old one.. 32mm compared to 25...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Parksy
30th June 2013, 07:19 PM
Looks like you mean business westy.

Had a win in the annoying rattles in cabin department. Applied silicone the top of the windscreen dimister ducts, which sit underneath the dash. Also used silicon on the ducting system underneath the dash, where lots of the ducting meets the external ducting, there's a join that has foam to take up the slack. Over 20 years of use and this foam is a little worse for wear. But the silicone does a good job of stopping the two joins making aweful noise when driving. Also applied a little lube to the steering column and the car just feels more solid. It's a nice feeling when the car doesn't rattle and make aweful noises.
Also found a hole where the firewall joins the floor on both passenger and driver side. Looks like it came from factory with it. All sealed now. Was wondering why sometimes on wet days the floor felt damp... If anyone needs clarification on what I siliconed I'll be happy to explain in detail.

BigRAWesty
30th June 2013, 07:28 PM
Yea that's the next thing on the list. Stripping the interior and sound proofing.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Shaun 4x4
30th June 2013, 09:16 PM
Did my oil and filter today.
Also finished mounting my compressor, tank and rear outlet.
Just need a new AUX battery and i can test the system.

trekster
30th June 2013, 09:18 PM
Butterfly removal :)

Avo
30th June 2013, 09:43 PM
Put my Outback Ideas recovery point on backwards

mudski
1st July 2013, 12:32 AM
Put my Outback Ideas recovery point on backwards
Bahahahahaha!!!

Fitted my Noo Redback 4x4 spare wheel tool/ rubbish bag yesty and proceeded to fill it with my empties.

oncedisturbed
1st July 2013, 05:16 AM
Cleaned uot the back drawers ready for re-filling for next weekend

mudski
1st July 2013, 03:16 PM
Cleaned uot the back drawers ready for re-filling for next weekend
I had to clean out the draws I was wearing on Saturday after nearly cleaning up six roo's at once who were parked on a blind corner.

threedogs
1st July 2013, 04:41 PM
Remote working again as batteries arrived from China via Ebay, Works like new again
Lesson here buy a few batteries cheap enough.,

oncedisturbed
1st July 2013, 11:26 PM
I had to clean out the draws I was wearing on Saturday after nearly cleaning up six roo's at once who were parked on a blind corner.

NASTY!!!!

Looked at Troll, drove Troll to work :(

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2013, 12:35 AM
NASTY!!!!

Looked at Troll, drove Troll to work :(

Atleast you drove yours.. I walked past mine to the 80 series.. :(
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do though...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
2nd July 2013, 12:58 AM
I finally put the reserve tank into the new long range tank after about 900 k as someone decided to zero the trip meter after 675 k and took 4 weeks and a trip to dwelly to get that low :)

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2013, 01:11 AM
So your running a 140 L main and 30 L sub are you?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
2nd July 2013, 11:03 AM
yeah westy 148 ltr main and 30 sub, looking for a bigger sub atm.

threedogs
2nd July 2013, 11:11 AM
recessed a led bar I had lying around.
Will make a great reverse light on night drives.

@ Stropp I run 95 main and 75 Aux as I thought the 30 ltr sub was useless
only a jerry can really. fill up once a month.

Stropp
2nd July 2013, 12:13 PM
yeh TD mine works out the same capacity as yours just different configuration, its great having that extra capacity.

threedogs
2nd July 2013, 12:22 PM
Costing me $220 approx every time I fill, usually every 5th week
Diesel here $1.45 - $1.50

Cuppa
2nd July 2013, 12:31 PM
I can get 82 litres into my 75 litre sub tank. I complained at one servo that their fuel pumps needed recalibrating, but have since found the same at other servos!

Cuppa

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2013, 12:42 PM
I can get 82 litres into my 75 litre sub tank. I complained at one servo that their fuel pumps needed recalibrating, but have since found the same at other servos!

Cuppa

I found the same in Eden, I filled 6 litres over the sub tank capacity. I complained they said it was just calibrated a week ago. They rang me back after a week and said that had it re calibrated and was found to be in the consumers favour. Bullocks.

threedogs
2nd July 2013, 01:34 PM
@ Cuppa my manual says sub tank on diesel utes is 80 ltr

Alitis007
2nd July 2013, 01:58 PM
I found the same in Eden, I filled 6 litres over the sub tank capacity. I complained they said it was just calibrated a week ago. They rang me back after a week and said that had it re calibrated and was found to be in the consumers favour. Bullocks.

Which servo mate ?? When i was there i only filled at the shell and it was pretty accurate for me at the time..

Cuppa
2nd July 2013, 02:12 PM
@ Cuppa my manual says sub tank on diesel utes is 80 ltr

Interesting, that would explain it. Have you got the same figure for a Tdi42 ute? No reason it should be different I guess?

threedogs
2nd July 2013, 04:07 PM
Nah only that ref. for the sub tank.
TD42Ti has 95 main diesel and 30 for sub.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd July 2013, 05:37 PM
Which servo mate ?? When i was there i only filled at the shell and it was pretty accurate for me at the time..

The first servo when you turn on to the princes hwy from the main drag of shops

Hodge
2nd July 2013, 06:05 PM
Attempted to take the common rail stickers off the door with a hair-dryer. Sat there for 5-10 mins, got pretty hot and glue did not appear to even begin melting, so it got dark and that was game over.
Stickers 1 - 0 Hodge :furious:

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2013, 06:17 PM
Attempted to take the common rail stickers off the door with a hair-dryer. Sat there for 5-10 mins, got pretty hot and glue did not appear to even begin melting, so it got dark and that was game over.
Stickers 1 - 0 Hodge :furious:

Not clip on?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Hodge
2nd July 2013, 06:42 PM
Not clip on?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Sorry Kallen you've lost me there mate. Clip on?

Cuppa
2nd July 2013, 06:43 PM
Nah only that ref. for the sub tank.

This link confirms that that the TD42i cab chassis also has the 95 litre main & 80 litre sub.
http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_55390/title_Nissan-Releases-Its-Revised-Patrol-CabChassis-Range-With-an-Intercooled-42-Diesel-Engine/newsarticle.html. Specs at bottom of the page.

I guess that whilst not altering my vehicle's range, it does make the fuel consumption a bit worse than I thought!

Cuppa

mudski
2nd July 2013, 07:58 PM
Lucky TD. I fill both tanks weekly....

Ben-e-boy
2nd July 2013, 08:20 PM
It cost me the best part of 350 bucks to fill mine......but it will get me from brisbane to sydney and back

BigRAWesty
2nd July 2013, 08:47 PM
Sorry Kallen you've lost me there mate. Clip on?

Yea mate some of the badges on some cars are clip on, not glue. So if possible have a look on the inside of the panel for clips.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Winnie
2nd July 2013, 09:07 PM
They are stickers Kallen, not badges.

What sort of fuel tank setup do you have, Benny?

Ben-e-boy
2nd July 2013, 09:36 PM

Stock 90L main and gravity fed 130L aux. 220L at 11.5L/100 gives me a unloaded range of about 1900km

Alitis007
2nd July 2013, 11:49 PM
The first servo when you turn on to the princes hwy from the main drag of shops

Thats the Caltex, the Shell is 50m down the rd with the 2 bay workshop, they have better fuel but i don't like Caltex anyway so i never fill from there.

BigRAWesty
3rd July 2013, 12:17 AM

Thanks. I've never looked at the nissan, but just remembered the old EA falcon having clip ons.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

BigRAWesty
3rd July 2013, 12:19 AM
Stock 90L main and gravity fed 130L aux. 220L at 11.5L/100 gives me a unloaded range of about 1900km

I like this idea. Nice and simple.
Do you have a tap inline to close off the sub? So its sorta like a reserve tank?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

trekster
3rd July 2013, 06:53 AM
Got my double din headunit in last night for trial, sits flush against the surround so very happy with that, Now just gotta wait for my reverse camera to turn up!

TheLocksmith
4th July 2013, 05:59 PM
Just added a 8 x 5 3mm aluminium checked plate box trailer. Only weighs 311kg.

Just about to start renovating it, will be a fully decked out party trailer :)

http://www.toolboxcentre.com.au/trailer/wt4.php

:groupwave:

Drewboyaus
4th July 2013, 07:45 PM
Took her for a 400km round trip from Pambula Beach up to the Selwyn snow fields for a play with the kids and back again.....31187

93patrol
4th July 2013, 10:29 PM
Rewired my spotties found out my solenoid was stuffed but that's all good got new wires anyway and new connectors

meh
5th July 2013, 03:17 PM
Got some alloy roofies and tested it out by sitting on it with my bottle of bundy!

Lonicus
5th July 2013, 05:37 PM
Emptied 50-100ml of oil out of the Provent catch can drain line. That was after around 5,000klm in use.

mudnut
5th July 2013, 07:01 PM
Fitted the winch cable today, can't wait to try it out. I have to wait until Tuesday day to get the alloy bar mods welded.

florix
5th July 2013, 08:24 PM
Fitted the roof rack, roof LED light bars front and back, awning and high lift jack mount. Tomorrow I will be fitting the winch

trekster
5th July 2013, 10:48 PM
Put the dual battery isolator on the firewall, was getting in the way hanging around the garage, now to buy a battery........

mudski
6th July 2013, 03:03 PM
Drove my troll across town today to pick up my Air locker. Now to find the time to fit it.

trekster
6th July 2013, 07:57 PM
Got it dirty, read: very muddy.

Then proceeded to use my newly installed winch to pull out a toyota!

Ben-e-boy
6th July 2013, 08:38 PM
I like this idea. Nice and simple.
Do you have a tap inline to close off the sub? So its sorta like a reserve tank?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Woops missed this one. It is more like one big tank.

firm351
6th July 2013, 11:36 PM
Put the first of many many big scratches up the side of it.

threedogs
7th July 2013, 05:17 PM
On the 7th day the Patrol rested. lol

oncedisturbed
7th July 2013, 06:00 PM
Gave it a hiding in the dunes, that has to be some of the softest sand I have ever driven. Blown Q's with their bug lifts etc were struggling. When I get home in a few days will try and load some pics

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

Parksy
7th July 2013, 08:13 PM
Gave the patrol a wax today. Blasphemy? Yes, but it looks good now.

mudski
7th July 2013, 08:18 PM
Removed the front passenger seat, prepared the floor to mount the compressor. under the seat. I will be moving the low air switch and solenoid switch from the top to beside the compressor just so theres no chance of it being broken off by the seat.
Also made a new mounting plate for the compressor and locker switch for the centre console.
Quite happy with the outcome of that....
Will get the fittings tomorrow sometime to move the two switches on the compressor, then mount the compressor and wire it all in.
I haven't decided yet whether I will fit the locker myself. As I don't have a dial indicator, but I wouldn't mind giving it a go just so I know how its done. Plus I'll re-race the front end while I'm at it.

Winnie
7th July 2013, 08:42 PM
Got water in the back, was an idiot playing in the river and did not put the hubs in before I went in so it was my own fault. Clean water though and it dried by the time I got home.

Trying to use Motorculture

Hodge
7th July 2013, 08:55 PM
Colgat-ed my headlights to get rid of that foggy appearance. Bloody hell that trick really works. They came out pretty clear.

meh
7th July 2013, 09:00 PM
Got her good and stuck today

mudski
7th July 2013, 09:07 PM
Need bigger shoes on the trol meh! Those bloody big diff's with anything smaller than 35's will get you stuck everytime.

boots
7th July 2013, 10:20 PM
Removed the 2H / 4H / 4L how to use sticker from the visor today as it was peeling off and removed the gunge glue from the visor . Reckon I might take the sticker to work and run it through the laminator and place it in the glovebox .

DX grunt
7th July 2013, 10:27 PM
Those bloody big diff's with anything smaller than 35's will get you stuck everytime.

Finally, somebody has put it in writing to justify me getting bogged and recovered every time I go off the bitumen. haha

Did you read this Doggy? Did you read this? lol

Clunk
7th July 2013, 10:42 PM
Finally, somebody has put it in writing to justify me getting bogged and recovered every time I go off the bitumen. haha

Did you read this Doggy? Did you read this? lol

I put it down to lack of driver training lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2013, 10:45 PM
Went on a reccy run up to Woods Point and crashed into a Farking Big Tree in the GUIV!!! Kinda Sucked ALLOT!!!

Drewboyaus
7th July 2013, 10:58 PM
Went on a reccy run up to Woods Point and crashed into a Farking Big Tree in the GUIV!!! Kinda Sucked ALLOT!!!

Damn! All on onboard ok I trust?

mudnut
7th July 2013, 10:58 PM
Mate, that sux. Much damage?

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2013, 11:03 PM
Yeah we are fine. I was only 30m into the track damn it! Went up a section and it turned out to be too slippery so backed out and did a u turn. Heading back out, no wheel ruts, very slippery, became a passenger damn it and just slid off the side and slammed into a very big tree off the side with the drivers side wing. Lucky the airbag did not go off.

Bull bar, bonnet, right quarter, grill, lightforce XGTs all knackered

mudnut
7th July 2013, 11:06 PM
Glad you're all okay.

Cuppa
7th July 2013, 11:07 PM
That's no good to hear MudRunner.

Drewboyaus
7th July 2013, 11:09 PM
That's on of the real issues with all the track grading that is going on. Is fine in the dry.....can be downright dangerous in the wet.
I hate being a passenger like that...not a nice feeling.

93patrol
7th July 2013, 11:12 PM
Geez mate looks like you have to get the gq out more often on the recce run MR

mudski
7th July 2013, 11:34 PM

:useless:

I put it down to lack of driver training lol

Yeah! Avoid deep ruts!!!

MudRunnerTD
7th July 2013, 11:54 PM
:useless:

Yeah! Avoid deep ruts!!!

It was actually a lack of ruts and a slick wet clay surface that let me slip off the drive line without any indication then just slid for 10 m into the 1200D tree off the track.

I have a couple of pics on the phone but the phones flat.

Stropp
8th July 2013, 12:30 AM
Shite that's not good mate, hope you can get it fixed on the cheap

Ade
8th July 2013, 02:02 AM
As long ya all ok and you will out wheeling again soon thats good enough MR..

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Motorculture mobile app

BigRAWesty
8th July 2013, 09:25 AM
Bloody Hell MR.. you should'a come to mego's hay..
Lucky you bought the crummydoor hay..
And the repairs start again..

I'm about to go get stuck in before work..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Bloodyaussie
8th July 2013, 09:33 AM
You bone head Daz......... glad you are ok mate.

Do you need a cuddle??

BigRAWesty
8th July 2013, 01:06 PM
Both sides out.. looks like both sides had started to leak.. when I removed the rotor the grease ran out... ;)

So just need a few liters of kero to clean up parts, pull the center out, pressure clean the case and laminate. Then re paint and rebuild..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2013, 01:07 PM
The Missus booked in the car to get cut and polished to get the big scratches out. 31379

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2013, 04:08 PM
The Missus booked in the car to get cut and polished to get the big scratches out. 31379

Damn Mick!! Is that from the Bush or Carpark mate? Nasty scratch

MudRunnerTD
8th July 2013, 04:10 PM
Just had the GUIV assessed. Bent Chassis! 10mm out on cross measure and a specialist repairer required. Found one in Geelong fortunately. Might be able to get an ARB bar for the front too.

Damn!

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2013, 04:39 PM
Damn Mick!! Is that from the Bush or Carpark mate? Nasty scratch

That's a little 2 metre tree that was on its side, I drive over the root and stood up straight scratching the door.
This is the after shot, really thought it wasn't gonna come out.

93patrol
8th July 2013, 05:10 PM
That looks shmicko mego almost as good as those seats of yours

BigRAWesty
8th July 2013, 05:12 PM
Just had the GUIV assessed. Bent Chassis! 10mm out on cross measure and a specialist repairer required. Found one in Geelong fortunately. Might be able to get an ARB bar for the front too.

Damn!

Dam alright.. your lucky they ain't writing it off...

That's a little 2 metre tree that was on its side, I drive over the root and stood up straight scratching the door.

Bloody Hell.. its gone. Awesome job by the boys..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Drewboyaus
8th July 2013, 07:24 PM

Ahhhhh, the old "car snake". Nasty.

MEGOMONSTER
8th July 2013, 08:39 PM
Ahhhhh, the old "car snake". Nasty.

Thanks Maxwell Smart.

Stropp
8th July 2013, 09:32 PM
Bought an axe and a block splitter for the back of the patrol.

BigRAWesty
8th July 2013, 10:11 PM
That's those expensive ones hay..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
8th July 2013, 10:22 PM
Cheap from the USA :)

growler2058
8th July 2013, 10:23 PM

Damn!

Farr out Dazzla!!! Not cool man

Clunk
8th July 2013, 10:25 PM
That's those expensive ones hay..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

.that all depends on where you get them from

Cuppa
8th July 2013, 10:26 PM
X15 & X25? (can't read it in pic).

Stropp
9th July 2013, 01:07 AM
Cuppa fiskars x27 and x15 very nice choppers they are to !

BigRAWesty
9th July 2013, 01:20 PM
Just pulled the radiator... :(
Bit hard to tell but has mass collapse and corrosion of the fins..

RIP radiator. 23yrs..

Not bad really as this is only the second time its been pulled out..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

mudnut
9th July 2013, 04:25 PM
What sort of radiator will you fit in the old girl? 23 years is a bloody good run.

I got my alloy bar welded today, very happy with the finished job.

florix
9th July 2013, 06:17 PM
Put in my 12000lb T-Max dyneema rope winch and wired up the roof 180w LED Light Bar and the reverse one too!

florix
9th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Just pulled the radiator... :(
Bit hard to tell but has mass collapse and corrosion of the fins..

RIP radiator. 23yrs..

Not bad really as this is only the second time its been pulled out..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Not bad! 23 years! Get a PWR they are brilliant!

BigRAWesty
9th July 2013, 08:00 PM
Yea not sure. Won't be alloy that's for sure.. but I dug a bit deeper, water pump is fine, but thermostat was locked solid open... So a new high flow for that one, will look into the radiator..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

mudnut
9th July 2013, 08:05 PM
Check the new thermostat in boiling water, before you fit it. I had an after market one for a falcon which was stuck shut, I can't remember the brand though.

florix
9th July 2013, 08:47 PM
Yea not sure. Won't be alloy that's for sure.. but I dug a bit deeper, water pump is fine, but thermostat was locked solid open... So a new high flow for that one, will look into the radiator..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Yeah I hear that alot. But I did read there is a way to repair them. Plus in order to damage mine will take a lot.

BigRAWesty
9th July 2013, 11:53 PM
Can't seem to find a high flow thermostat for early model gq. Only 97 onwards

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Parksy
10th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Fitted a new sports steering wheel. Feels great and not loose like the original. While fitting it this little guy decided to run up the back of my neck and head. Flicked it on the dash, squashed it and it fell down the vent. Bugga!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/B5DBBD21-E934-48CA-A070-0EE91D80F8D4-1093-000000AFFEE79D72.jpg

mudnut
10th July 2013, 07:43 PM
Why do you need a high flow, Kallen? If the water runs through the radiator too quickly, it won't cool down enough. Are you doing any major changes to the engine which will require extra flow?

Hodge
10th July 2013, 07:55 PM
Scored a new factory deck, the one that they fit to 2010 Patrols and onwards and bluetooth and USB, only to find that the wiring harness won't plug in. Bugga!

Cuppa
11th July 2013, 03:15 PM
Bought & fitted some weathershields from Supercheap. They had just one pair (driver/passenger) in stock, & the driver side one had been taken out of it's wrapper & was missing the label which attaches to the wrapper. On this basis I asked the slightly post pubescent nymphette behind the counter if I could buy it at a reduced price. She checked & the computer said yes. Price had already been on 'special' at $44 & she apologetically said "I can do it for $39". Not sure what it was about how she said it, but I thought it worth asking if she could also do the fully packaged passenger side one for the same price. Blow me down, she agreed straight off. So two weathershields for $78 saw me walk out the store with a smile.
Fitting them was a piece of cake, they attach with VHB double sided tape. I warmed the weathershields in front of the stove for a while, & warmed the door with a hot air gun before & after fitting, because the temps outside were a bit chilly, & apparently VHB tape prefers temps over 10 deg.C, & preferably above 20 deg.C. Took car for a drive. With window fully down at 100kph there is a small amount of draft, just enough to move my hair a bit, but with the window half down you still get air, but nothing blows around. Very happy with the purchase.

Cuppa

threedogs
11th July 2013, 03:45 PM
Was your fly up LOL . They are not as large as I thought they'd be, great driving window down rain ,hail or shine.
Nothing like letting the follicle flow in the breeze. FYI my slimline do nothing except maybe stop a bit of sunshine

NissanGQ4.2
11th July 2013, 05:56 PM
Nothing!!!! Its been sitting in the driveway for the last month or so waiting for me to give it some love and affection

After some drama's with NRMA and their recommended smash repairers which hopefully I have now sorted out it should be going in 2 the smash repairers within the next few weeks for a roof and bonnet respray :):):)

Won't hold my breath though!!!

Stropp
11th July 2013, 06:07 PM
just picked up some 315x70x17 muddies brand new overstocked for $252 each :)

mudnut
11th July 2013, 06:15 PM
Finished fitting the plate I made to cover the hole for fairlead. Now all I have to do before hitting the tracks is remove the cover and fit the fairlead and hook, total of 3-5 minutes. :)

93patrol
11th July 2013, 06:16 PM
Went for a driving adventure out around welly dam for some fun got all muddy and got a mate from work in his jeep stuck

Winnie
11th July 2013, 06:27 PM
That looks like fun!

meh
11th July 2013, 07:09 PM
Got some new Dick Cepeks and wheel alignment. Fitted new sway bar bushes and heavy duty extension links. No more 80km wobbles for me !!!! :)

93patrol
11th July 2013, 09:00 PM
It was Winnie
He got stuck because he did not realise the traction control was on. That was causing all sorts of dramas. Wasn't until on the next hill that I hopped in his car to give him direct instruction that I saw the button. Pfft jeeps ha

Shaun 4x4
11th July 2013, 09:12 PM
Installed a new aux battery as the old one was as good as a brick

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd483/Shaun0305/Nissan%20Patrol%20GU%20ST/20130711_172352.jpg

XT43
12th July 2013, 10:10 PM
Cleaned dog spew out of the back farkn.

WogsRus
12th July 2013, 11:44 PM
I finished my rear door shelf

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21921-The-Beginning-of-my-Rear-Door-Shelf......

mudnut
12th July 2013, 11:49 PM
That is so cool, I reckon I might have a go at making a shelf like that.

cgm
13th July 2013, 02:14 AM
Bought one of these recently, second hand from someone who was moving on ...

http://www.extremeoutback.com/product/8/ExtremeAire+12+volt+Compressor.html

Drowned my last compressor, it was under the passenger seat when I got inspired for some stupidity in the mud ...

Thought I'd start to look at mounting it in the back today. Had a bit of a look and think I'll hang it off the back of the cargo barrier, but couldn't get motivated. It has a foam filter and I took a drive around a small loop to see if the local quick service guy was open, as he could rinse it out and re-oil it for me. Currently it is full of sand stuck to the oil. Unfortunately with Ramadan (month of fasting - can't be seen eating or drinking during the day) no-one was there. Will have to go back after dark (once they've had a good feed :) )

On the way back one of the display boards was showing 48 C (at about 5pm). Knew there was a reason I couldn't get motivated.

TPC
13th July 2013, 02:25 AM
Bought one of these recently, second hand from someone who was moving on ...

Drowned my last compressor, it was under the passenger seat when I got inspired for some stupidity in the mud ...

Thought I'd start to look at mounting it in the back today. Had a bit of a look and think I'll hang it off the back of the cargo barrier, but couldn't get motivated. It has a foam filter and I took a drive around a small loop to see if the local quick service guy was open, as he could rinse it out and re-oil it for me. Currently it is full of sand stuck to the oil. Unfortunately with Ramadan (month of fasting - can't be seen eating or drinking during the day) no-one was there. Will have to go back after dark (once they've had a good feed :) )

On the way back one of the display boards was showing 48 C (at about 5pm). Knew there was a reason I couldn't get motivated.

48 C at 5PM, hope you are paid well.

cgm
13th July 2013, 03:33 AM
48 C at 5PM, hope you are paid well.

It'll get worse over the next month or so. I do computer/IT work, so just live this few months indoors with the aircon. Can always convince yourself you should get paid more. :) ha ha

To be honest I was thinking of coming home this year, but couldn't tie down the job I wanted in Aus, so thankful to be still getting paid now. Especially when you also see a few people like, Nissannewby for example, doing it tough for work even though they've got good skills.

Will try and put some effort into fixing a few things on the GU to be ready to make the most of it when it starts cooling down in September.

Winnie
13th July 2013, 10:47 AM
Unfortunately with Ramadan (month of fasting - can't be seen eating or drinking during the day) no-one was there. Will have to go back after dark (once they've had a good feed :) )

Slight hijack. One of my couriers at work is from Afghanistan and is doing Ramadan atm, sounds so hard. The food thing wouldn't be too bad but they can't even drink water. They can rinse their mouth with water but can't swallow it. I miiiiiiight make it a little harder for him by eating lunch when he shows up and squirting him with water LMAO

Hodge
13th July 2013, 12:22 PM
Re-fitted the old radio since the new one I scored is DOA. Began stripping lights and plastics off arb bar for a bullbar overhaul powdercoat tuesday. Started wiring up the UHF unit. Should really look at why the door ajar switch/es is are playing up, but cbf.
Done enough, time for a well earned cold carlton.

oncedisturbed
13th July 2013, 01:44 PM
Serviced the troll and installed new drag link. Still got a friggen knock in the front so its got me stumped. Already replaced all tie rods so its not that grrrrr

Tap, Tap, Taparoo

AB
13th July 2013, 02:06 PM
About to head up to Toolangi for bash....I'm getting that itch again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

threedogs
13th July 2013, 02:55 PM
Went to TJM to give the guy fitting my snorkel Monday a friendly pep talk.
He only gets once chance drilling 4" hole in guard lol.

@ cgm didn't you just post pics of compressor??????

cgm
14th July 2013, 05:24 AM
Slight hijack. One of my couriers at work is from Afghanistan and is doing Ramadan atm, sounds so hard. The food thing wouldn't be too bad but they can't even drink water. They can rinse their mouth with water but can't swallow it. I miiiiiiight make it a little harder for him by eating lunch when he shows up and squirting him with water LMAO

It's certainly an interesting thing. Ramadan is literally the name of one of the 12 months. It is during this month that they do their fasting, which is from Sunrise until Sunset. Their calendar is Lunar (i.e. by the moon, not the sun), so that means on average it is around 11 days shorter than our year. So it also means that their months are not fixed to the seasons. In Aus December is always in Summer (even if the weather is not summer weather!)

Here though because the months move slowly with the seasons now Ramadan is in the peak of Summer. Not all, but I'm told some of the guys believe they are not even allowed to swallow their own spit during the daylight hours. Can you imagine working on a laboring job all day without even swallowing?? Add to that it was 49 C yesterday, but not so bad today I think it was only about 45 C. Their intentions are good for the month of Ramadan, but for some of them it must be very tough!

For many though, with normal inside jobs, not so tough and it is very much a family focused month. A bit like the holiday season back home from end of December into January. Also for most of them additional focus on prayer and religious responsibilities - including looking out for others. But in this case most of the family focus is during the night time as that is when you can eat. :) So you can imagine many people are a bit slow at work this month ...

Sorry to continue the hijack, but it was an interesting point that Winnie picked up on.

cgm
14th July 2013, 05:44 AM
@ cgm didn't you just post pics of compressor??????

Hi TD, it was the post that Winnie and I started the Ramadan hijack from.

I just started planning where I would put it, but there were no pics, just the link to their website. Bought it second hand from someone who is leaving. I had a better look at it and it seems pretty good quality, just a bit big. I'll mount it high somewhere though. :)

Btw, was it fracster looking for a "new front wing"? Maybe he should get a spare in case you need it after the TJM guy practices on yours ...

Stropp
14th July 2013, 12:16 PM
Put the new 315/70/17 hankook muddies on that I got for $252 each fitted and balanced, they have extra stock they are trying to get rid of. I thought it was supposed to make a lot of difference to how they drive but its hardly noticeable, must be the power of the 4.2 :p
I had to remove the front mudflaps and trim the flare plastic on the inner to avoid scraping.

MEGOMONSTER
14th July 2013, 12:26 PM
Put the new 315/70/17 hankook muddies on that I got for $252 each fitted and balanced, they have extra stock they are trying to get rid of. I thought it was supposed to make a lot of difference to how they drive but its hardly noticeable, must be the power of the 4.2 :p
I had to remove the front mudflaps and trim the flare plastic on the inner to avoid scraping.

Is that with a 2" lift. Or higher.

threedogs
14th July 2013, 12:44 PM
Also a lot more pressure on your brakes trying to stop such a large rolling mass.
if an auto keep an eye on pad wear.
They fill your holes nicely, now time to get them Dirty and report back.
Stropp getting an uphill look to your Patrol may need airbags in the back
to level it out or longer rear coils ??

taslucas
14th July 2013, 12:48 PM
Yesterday I watched it click over to this. (damn missed it by 12ks! Lol)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/07/62.jpg

FanTapstic!

oncedisturbed
14th July 2013, 01:12 PM

Good score on the boots, need some better ones for my troll :)

mudnut
14th July 2013, 01:28 PM
Yesterday I watched it click over to this. (damn missed it by 12ks! Lol)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/07/62.jpg

FanTapstic!

So it's just been run in, then?

RubberDuckieGQ
14th July 2013, 01:48 PM
I put the battery on the charger and stuck a new rego sticker on hehe .. Nothing exciting, was going to paint the bullbar but it's been raining on and off so might wait till next w/e!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Motorculture mobile app

Stropp
14th July 2013, 02:57 PM
Is that with a 2" lift. Or higher.

3" lift mego

Stropp
14th July 2013, 02:58 PM
Also a lot more pressure on your brakes trying to stop such a large rolling mass.
if an auto keep an eye on pad wear.
They fill your holes nicely, now time to get them Dirty and report back.
Stropp getting an uphill look to your Patrol may need airbags in the back
to level it out or longer rear coils ??

Yeh TD I have the bags just need to put them in, that 148 ltr tank doesn't help.

Stropp
14th July 2013, 03:04 PM
Good score on the boots, need some better ones for my troll :)

Yeh mate, contact Thomas from wpc he is the manager over here and will do you a deal on current stock if you are interested or let me know and I will pm his mob number.

Clunk
14th July 2013, 04:32 PM

looking good there Stropp, so a six inch lift next hey!!!!!?????? hahahaha

Clunk
14th July 2013, 04:37 PM
gave the old clunker some love...... gave it an oil change and engine flush............ mmmmmmmm sparkly clean oil

I also forgot what a stupid place the oil filter is in, glad its only got the one filter

Winnie
14th July 2013, 05:29 PM
Lowered it

Stropp
14th July 2013, 05:30 PM
Sorry clunk, fitted the spares and made sure the AB spare wheel bag fits the new boots and bolted the new ferret light holder and lights on, now to wire them through the reverse switch!

PMC
14th July 2013, 05:48 PM
G'day lounge lizards,

The last 4 days i have ported and polished and matched ported both inlet and exhaust manifolds and the head. Also ceramic painted inlet and exhaust manifolds as well as the heat shield. Furthermore painted the engine block as well. phew!

Regards,

RLI

gaddy
14th July 2013, 08:09 PM
Took it for a drive up to glass house for look . Never been before but reckon I might have to go back for a proper look around .

Steve

menace 2
14th July 2013, 08:36 PM
fitted the rear superior panhard rod...removed the gas system and re-fitted the original air intake ..

Shaun 4x4
14th July 2013, 10:43 PM
Installed a provent 200, cleaned out the throttle body, Intercooler and connecting pipe work andl gave the maf sensor a good cleaning.
Good thing I done this as I found a hole in my Intercooler.

healy
15th July 2013, 03:39 PM
Handed in the plates its a sad day that had to come

TPC
15th July 2013, 03:43 PM

Bugger, are you getting another Patrol?

Winnie
15th July 2013, 03:49 PM

Explain yourself!

Hodge
15th July 2013, 03:52 PM
Ripped the large rear door apart to find the hidden latch switch, and disconnected it. No more door ajar light troubles. :bananarock:
Also finished stripping the bull-bar ready to go into the oven, then onto sandblasting and powder-coating.
Ran an extended hose from compressor to the front of the car for external snap-on tyre inflation. :clapping:

healy
15th July 2013, 03:56 PM
Explain yourself!

The car wasnt repairable

healy
15th July 2013, 03:58 PM
Yeah thats the plan

threedogs
15th July 2013, 04:11 PM
TJM snorkel fitted, very happy. HHMMMMmmmm next thinking Pro locker

boots
15th July 2013, 04:33 PM
[QUOTE=healy;397958]The car wasnt repairable

Please explain more ? confused ?

cgm
15th July 2013, 04:41 PM
[QUOTE=healy;397958]The car wasnt repairable

Please explain more ? confused ?

Yeah, exactly ... Unless there was something earlier that I missed I think I'm also wondering what this is about??

healy
15th July 2013, 07:08 PM
The chassis is all rusted through in a few places and the back is twisted and the list goes on

Stropp
15th July 2013, 08:04 PM
The chassis is all rusted through in a few places and the back is twisted and the list goes on

Not the GU Healy? I certainly hope not mate you have been thru enough pain with that!

Ben-e-boy
15th July 2013, 08:20 PM
Got V band, flange and studs for the new turbo. Cant wait until I get home next week. It will be a big one, turbo install and tray build :thumbup:

Stropp
15th July 2013, 08:53 PM
Received my little box of turbo goodness from RLI, just need to get the cross country intercooler and scoop prior to fitting it :)

tonyhoughton
15th July 2013, 09:32 PM
Received my little box of turbo goodness from RLI, just need to get the cross country intercooler and scoop prior to fitting it :)

3 litre or 4.2?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Shaun 4x4
15th July 2013, 11:16 PM

What is this cross country Intercooler and scoop you speak of?

I am in the market for a new Intercooler.

Stropp
16th July 2013, 12:12 AM
@ tonyhoughton, it's a 4.2 I'm upgrading the turbo to a ufi 16G :), @ Shaun 4x4, check the web for cross country inter coolers, they do a very good setup much larger than stock and they have a hood scoop to match which I believe is made by fairline fibreglass. Add the two and you have better performance fuel economy and hopefully lower egt's.

Kast
16th July 2013, 12:37 AM
Also finished stripping the bull-bar ready to go into the oven, then onto sandblasting and powder-coating.

How much is all that costing Hodge? There's a few members doing the spray pack job in situ and I'm stuck between the cheap job and the right job.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hodge
16th July 2013, 06:46 AM

How much is all that costing Hodge? There's a few members doing the spray pack job in situ and I'm stuck between the cheap job and the right job.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Hey mate bull bar overhaul is costing me $300. They melt it overnight then blast it. Then undercoat followed by a coat of zinc and then powder coat.
The pain is being without a car for 4 or 5 days.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2013, 08:24 AM
GUIV goes in for a "Live" inspection today as the insurance believe the $9000 quote was too High.

Watch the Angry Thread later if it all goes to shit!

healy
16th July 2013, 11:02 AM
GUIV goes in for a "Live" inspection today as the insurance believe the $9000 quote was too High.

Watch the Angry Thread later if it all goes to shit!

Goodluck with it

MEGOMONSTER
16th July 2013, 01:00 PM
Two more lights come in today, getting fitted tomorrow.