PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

trekster
17th March 2013, 02:48 PM
Went offload :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trekster
17th March 2013, 02:48 PM
Offroad even!!!!

Drewboyaus
19th March 2013, 08:23 PM
Took the seats out and pulled the carpet back to dry out!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

cossy
21st March 2013, 04:28 PM
Replace the door remote set up with a war lock from JB hifi work fine better then factor and cheaper

rottodiver
21st March 2013, 05:56 PM
Put an extreme valve body in my auto last night.... Not a lot of fun for the first time.... If I had to do it again I think it would be a lot quicker and easier, and today ( while at work with nothing to do) I wired up my transmission temp guage!
Scotty

MEGOMONSTER
21st March 2013, 05:58 PM
Replaced shitty plastic Merit sockets with Hella metal Merit sockets.
WOW what a difference.
Secure and tight fit. Much better than before and I was happy with them until now.

rottodiver
22nd March 2013, 11:32 PM
Just fitted 42 inch light bar on the roofrack......
Scotty

DX grunt
22nd March 2013, 11:41 PM
Just got some spare parts from Nizzbits for my trip into the never never. lol.

Woof
23rd March 2013, 01:31 AM
Just got some spare parts from Nizzbits for my trip into the never never. lol.

Just ordered some spare parts from Nizzbits Ross, how are the other 3 rims coming along mate?????????

taslucas
23rd March 2013, 07:57 AM
Well it's not what I did but rather what I'm gong to do today...... last weekend I bought a second car for a daily driver which means today is the first weekend that my patrol is play only!!!!
Going to my parents farm to hit my home made tracks:-)

SO LETS BRING IT ON!!!

Pics to follow:-)

FanTapstic!

Parksy
23rd March 2013, 09:40 AM
Installed a 2 inch lift as well as some tough dog panhards and a rtc damper. Front springs was not a fun job, but good as gold now. Went with heavy duty springs, which looks a lot beefier than what I originally had installed, yet the ride isn't any where near as harsh? Either way, I'm a happy customer.

Drewboyaus
23rd March 2013, 06:36 PM
Seats and drawers out interior and carpet Gernied now waiting for it all to dry out........27369

rottodiver
23rd March 2013, 06:39 PM
Replaced my halogen work lights on the back with 2 new 48w led work lights and wired them to middle console switches individually.
Scotty

twisties
23rd March 2013, 08:46 PM
Gave the GU a good vacuum but found out that under the drivers seat one of the little rubber plugs in the body was sitting loose under the carpet and had let a whole lot of dust and water in. Took the seat out to get a good look, cleaned it out as best I could and now I'm gonna start researching information on stripping the interior to give it a proper thorough clean.

Dominator
23rd March 2013, 09:31 PM
Installed a 2 inch lift as well as some tough dog panhards and a rtc damper. Front springs was not a fun job, but good as gold now. Went with heavy duty springs, which looks a lot beefier than what I originally had installed, yet the ride isn't any where near as harsh? Either way, I'm a happy customer.

The trick for putting front springs in is to put a bottle jack between the radius arm the chassis rail. As you wind the jack up, the diff goes down. I put 4in flexy coils in the front of mine recently. Holy crap, that was a mission!

trekster
23rd March 2013, 10:14 PM
Finished installing free rooftop dvd player and wiring it :D :D :D

kids gonna love it!

Parksy
24th March 2013, 08:08 AM
The trick for putting front springs in is to put a bottle jack between the radius arm the chassis rail. As you wind the jack up, the diff goes down. I put 4in flexy coils in the front of mine recently. Holy crap, that was a mission!

That's the trick. I ended up doing that and was sh#tting bricks the entire time because I've heard many horror stories of the jack flying out a million miles an hour and injuring people.

taslucas
24th March 2013, 10:58 AM
Well it's not what I did but rather what I'm gong to do today...... last weekend I bought a second car for a daily driver which means today is the first weekend that my patrol is play only!!!!
Going to my parents farm to hit my home made tracks:-)

SO LETS BRING IT ON!!!

Pics to follow:-)

FanTapstic!

Love it:-)

FanTapstic!

rottodiver
24th March 2013, 03:30 PM
Fitted an automatic lock up switch , pulled out the thermo fan off my aftermarket transmission cooler and raised my 4 hid,s to the top of my bullbar to improve airflow to my engine bay, by doing this I have dropped about 5 degrees on my auto( because the fan isn't blocking it) and almost 15 degrees off engine temp due to clean air hitting my radiators and coolers.... Very happy!

P.s did all this while at work on double bubble....

Scotty

NP99
24th March 2013, 05:55 PM
Mucked around trying to get the washer motors to work, found power to 1 only :(

meh
24th March 2013, 06:10 PM
Put in some blue leds for the dash and AC controls, Boost and EGT gauge installed the next couple of days :)

growler2058
24th March 2013, 06:13 PM
Neglected her and instead worked on my LX

NissanGQ4.2
24th March 2013, 06:17 PM
Checked the oil, radiator water, battery water.............

Then went for a drive down the road to check out if the gates on the local track were open. Gates still locked but did come across a Toyota Land-cruiser that had been stolen and dumped.

MEGOMONSTER
26th March 2013, 06:11 AM
Yesterday had my 40k service in my 2011 GU8 CRD at Nissan and cost me $1200.
This is what I think of that...........

Parksy
26th March 2013, 09:33 AM
Wow! What did they do to it?

Dominator
26th March 2013, 09:37 AM
Changed the oil and filters. Haha

Lonicus
26th March 2013, 12:02 PM
Polished the leather seats with the buttocks of a couple of sultry young virgins :)

BigRAWesty
26th March 2013, 01:12 PM
Polished the leather seats with the buttocks of a couple of sultry young virgins :)

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

lhurley
26th March 2013, 02:31 PM
Put my front sway bar back in after a fine from mr coppa.

Lonicus
26th March 2013, 03:55 PM
Pictures or it didn't happen...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Lol that was in reference to Mego's service cost.

Gotta be Tappy with that!

my third 256
26th March 2013, 04:14 PM
changed the stickers on the side of the patrol from st to st-l

mrflibbles
26th March 2013, 10:56 PM
pulled several meters of excess wiring from the patrol, seems previous owners just kept all the extras (spotty's/cb etc) by cutting the wiring at either end and leaving the mess there! when i put my electrical stuff on i want to start from scratch rather than fixing other peoples stuff ups.....

jack
30th March 2013, 12:23 AM
Took it for my first sand drive and got bogged on purpose, actually took a bit to get bogged. They don't allow beach driving in Vic. so had to go to a local lake. Tried out the TREDS, wasn't impressed.

Some experimenting with different tyre pressures and found the sweet spot at 15psi. For this sand it was ideal, just floated over everything after that. Learning something new everyday and enjoying it. Had my daughter, son in law and grandkids in the Toymota for company. They are very experienced with sand driving so got some good advice.

Spent the rest of the afternoon driving around one of the local lakes visiting spots I'd never been able to get to before. Could be a very interesting drive in the wet from the looks of some of the old wheel ruts.

The BigFella
30th March 2013, 06:22 AM
Well that dreaded day came, as I towed him up the highway I could almost see a tear in his headlight.
The photo's attached show his mileage at point of sale and his sad, sad look sitting on the trailer he towed across this wide brown land.:frown:

Moatmonster
30th March 2013, 10:56 AM
Went for a drive out to Hammersly Gorge and had a swim. Bloody beautiful.

Translated into Ozstryan by my Galaxy Note 2

Winnie
30th March 2013, 12:27 PM
Put high lift and shovel on the roof. Took side steps off.

If you're happy and you know it tap a post!

trekster
30th March 2013, 08:43 PM
Got mine dirty and went for a picnic, Was tops to get out with the family!

NP99
30th March 2013, 09:03 PM
Put my front sway bar back in after a fine from mr coppa.

How did that come to their attention mate?

MEGOMONSTER
30th March 2013, 10:38 PM
Put high lift and shovel on the roof. Took side steps off.

Nice Winnie. You don't use the side steps????????

meh
30th March 2013, 11:05 PM
took her for a morning session. Bent my front bash plate, bend the rear quater panel ever so slightly and had a whole lot of fun

MEGOMONSTER
30th March 2013, 11:11 PM
took her for a morning session. Bent my front bash plate, bend the rear quater panel ever so slightly and had a whole lot of fun

You can barely notice the dent.

Winnie
31st March 2013, 07:30 AM
Nice Winnie. You don't use the side steps????????

Nah I step over them. My brother in law took a hit on his aluminium steps and they bent the body right up! If he had no steps it wouldn't have done any damage so that's my reason for taking them off. Sliders will come eventually.

mrflibbles
31st March 2013, 12:48 PM
spent a couple of days at the farm, comparing the patrol to the father inlaws landcruiser ute that he has just finished piecing back together! the ute is great for getting firewood,but not as able at climbing hills as there is bugger all flex in those leaf springs! beat him up a few hills!

Woof
31st March 2013, 08:38 PM
Took my sliders off as the powder coating was stuffed, will get them sandblasted asap and paint them.
Removed the Inter-cooler and fan, chucked the fan as it was stuffed, renewed all tubes and made a bracket to support the back of the cooler with a hammer and drill.......6 hours it took me, lucky that I have a fence to stop things from landing on the street when I spat the dum..LOL
Tomorrow will be finally making and fitting some rear mudflaps...

Oh and increased to turbo boost.

healy
31st March 2013, 09:48 PM
Got to drive it with new gearbox and clutch nice and smooth now

lorrieandjas
31st March 2013, 11:44 PM
Washed it so I could count the number of new scratches...... Ran out of fingers and toes so gave up and had a beer....

Jas

jack
1st April 2013, 12:29 AM
Washed it so I could count the number of new scratches......
The first ones always hurt on a new car and I think they multiply at night! My granddaughter likes to point them out to me :frown:

TPC
1st April 2013, 12:42 AM
Washed it so I could count the number of new scratches...... Ran out of fingers and toes so gave up and had a beer....

Jas
I bought mine pre-scratched so i would not have to worry.

taslucas
1st April 2013, 07:07 AM
Took her out bush again yesterday. Two patrols and a few mates.....

FanTapstic!

NP99
1st April 2013, 07:47 AM
Got to drive it with new gearbox and clutch nice and smooth now

Good to hear mate......must be a great feeling :-)

The BigFella
1st April 2013, 12:21 PM
Did you offload the troll Glenn??

Scotty (Bigrig)

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

Yes mate, tough times of late.
Wasnt an easy decision to make, but you know how it goes.

trekster
1st April 2013, 07:17 PM
They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

BigRAWesty
1st April 2013, 08:02 PM
Is that the new mud filtration system your installing in replacement of that clean one...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

trekster
1st April 2013, 08:05 PM
Absolutely, for 6 monthly payments of $49.99 I can send you this one!

Stropp
1st April 2013, 08:16 PM
Took mine for a little jaunt to the power lines and broke a taillight and loosened a rear flare, was a bit rougher than it looked :0

Dominator
1st April 2013, 09:40 PM
Absolutely, for 6 monthly payments of $49.99 I can send you this one!

HaHa! If I pay by credit card do I get some steak knives too?

Parksy
1st April 2013, 09:51 PM
Tried to remove the pin striping on the gq, but this stuff is baked on! Not so much a matter of peeling it off, but more so rubbing and chipping away at it, mm by mm. Painful. If anyone has tips, I'm all ears.

trekster
1st April 2013, 10:05 PM
Tried to remove the pin striping on the gq, but this stuff is baked on! Not so much a matter of peeling it off, but more so rubbing and chipping away at it, mm by mm. Painful. If anyone has tips, I'm all ears.

Tried a heat gun? Or maybe something to soften the sticker back up a bit?

Cbates
2nd April 2013, 08:45 AM

Yea use a heat gun but not to close, the hotter it gets the easier it should come off but obviously don't get it so hot that the paint bubbles. Had vinyls in my patrol that came off great with a bit of patience

lorrieandjas
2nd April 2013, 11:54 AM
The first ones always hurt on a new car and I think they multiply at night! My granddaughter likes to point them out to me :frown:

Hey Jack - put the first scratch in it a couple of days after buying it - but recently the paint and tree branches got intimate so its now striped - goes faster that way I hear! :)

Jas

MEGOMONSTER
2nd April 2013, 12:10 PM
Hey Jack - put the first scratch in it a couple of days after buying it - but recently the paint and tree branches got intimate so its now striped - goes faster that way I hear! :)

Jas

The very first outing in my new GU8 was with AB and he put a stop to it, saying I should really park it, and jump in with him.
Glad I did.

Winnie
2nd April 2013, 08:33 PM
Rewired my winch today and did it properly this time in conduit, much neater this time.

Drew
3rd April 2013, 06:13 PM
Made up and installed rippers version of Chaz's torque converter lockup kit in.

Not knowing what the I was doing it appears to work.

Thanks guys

Drew
3rd April 2013, 07:10 PM
Yesterday had my 40k service in my 2011 GU8 CRD at Nissan and cost me $1200.
This is what I think of that...........

And the long range tank.... You must be right in the good books bud :)

“The best way to cheer yourself is to cheer somebody else up.” - Albert Einstein

Brendan56
3rd April 2013, 07:53 PM
Finally took it on a good track to test out the lift and tires. Needless to say I'm so stoked! Trying another one tomorrow!

Tappin trolls
Brendan

MEGOMONSTER
3rd April 2013, 08:14 PM
And the long range tank....

Still yet to install. Things have come up. Hopefully soon

Yendor
3rd April 2013, 08:27 PM
Oil and filter change.........it should luv me long time now lol

meh
5th April 2013, 12:34 PM
Installed boost gauge into pillar pod and waiting for my new EGT gauge to arrive to plug in

Parksy
5th April 2013, 02:41 PM
Had another crack at removing the pin striping. Still no success. There is nothing to peel, literally. It rained today so I tried using a clay bar to remove it, got one panel almost removed, took about 30 mins of rubbing with the claybar, but still not 100%. Might have to hit it with a polisher afterwards. Not a fun job....

Stropp
7th April 2013, 03:04 PM
Installed my drawers from shoreline 4x4, first set that have gone into a GU so a little mucking around but I got there.
Ps the only thing is the fridge slide cannot be locked shut while the drawer is open but I will buy myself a drop down slide anyway to make it easier to get into the fridge.

Bmak
7th April 2013, 07:58 PM
Oil/filter change, fitted front recovery point the went bush

kevin07
7th April 2013, 10:40 PM
fitted the egr block today now thats quite a astonishing difference the troll is very smooth right through the rev range, and i pulled one of the ic hoses off had a quick look up there and thats nice and clean got to be happy with the catch can.

Cbates
12th April 2013, 01:44 PM
Fitted a new battery because mine crapped itself yesterday. While I was there I put some alpine 6.5 splits in the doors! Sound is so much better and I can listen to it without my car not starting!

Cuppa
12th April 2013, 02:48 PM
Took the Patrol into VicRoads with the new upgraded GVM compliance plates fitted & got a new Rego sticker issued. Woohoo!.

trekster
13th April 2013, 07:07 PM
Oil and filter today, hopefully fuel filter tomorrow, also made a nice mess on the driveway by kicking the full container of old oil :/

TJsGQ
13th April 2013, 07:16 PM
Threw some new speakers in the patrol today had the originals in it still n think only one worked..!

Gu joe
14th April 2013, 04:37 PM
I installed a rear door shelf today ,it took approx 4hrs from start to finish.

taslucas
14th April 2013, 07:21 PM
drove it hard:)

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh519/taslucas1/Oldinanatdamon1_zpsf7eb3cfb.jpg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/taslucas1/media/Oldinanatdamon1_zpsf7eb3cfb.jpg.html)

threedogs
14th April 2013, 07:31 PM
Mucked around with the boost and needle valve, think I've found the "sweet spot" took awhile though.
Happy camper now

trekster
14th April 2013, 08:26 PM
fuel filter: check!

Brendan56
14th April 2013, 08:57 PM
Stared at it.. Tried to find a bullbar/snorkel on a budget! And failed.

Tappin trolls
Brendan

Tank
14th April 2013, 09:04 PM
Lost my clutch on my way home tonight, 80kms of secondary road from the turn off to home. heading toward the first hill and the clutch was slipping in 5th, then slipping in 4th. I could see some headlights way back so I'm trying hard to stay in front of them in case we lose all drive. Heading up the last hill and 3rds gone totally and she's slipping in 2nd when a mate's wife calls me on the radio to ask if its me up in front, man I was feeling grateful. my mates the local mechanic and he's laughing at me. Coast down the last hill and he's happy to follow me as we cruise in 2nd with lots of slipping the last couple of k's to his workshop. Didn't quite make it up the drive way when we lost 1st but who cares and short tow in to a loaner and I'm off home not to sure who was happier me or daughter number 3.
All going well I'm heading out on Tuesday to learn how to do a clutch

Alitis007
14th April 2013, 09:26 PM
Polished under my diffs and cross member between a couple of ruts, gave it some funky pinstriping and "FIXED" the back of one of my side steps !!!

mrflibbles
15th April 2013, 06:53 PM
blew the head on mine today!
oh well gives me some motorvation to clean out the shed so i can pull it apart and fix it....... (going to be a while as im broke!)

emu
15th April 2013, 11:13 PM
Went for a drive to Grovedale Geelong to pick up a redgum slab.
Having just filled it will now work out my fuel figures, its a 100kph
both ways most via fwy.
I'm curious as to what are you going to do with the slab? i have just finished makin a outdoor table from a 1.3 x 4mtr slab of redgum

cheers

meh
16th April 2013, 02:42 PM
Took off the front bar to fix up the paint. What do you guys reckon ?

PMC
16th April 2013, 02:46 PM
Looked at it. lol

Regards,

RLI

Dominator
16th April 2013, 03:05 PM
Can't work on my patrol at the moment so I stripped down and cleaned the wife's 4wd sweeper. I am going crazy not being able to fix stuff. LOL.

threedogs
16th April 2013, 05:42 PM
@ meh looks a lot neater for sure. Gotta be happy with that

Ordered some Glow plugs from RooDog Spares

Tank
16th April 2013, 05:46 PM
Started on replacing the clutch, got the gear box out and the fly wheel sent off for skimming, couier is picking it up in the morning so putting it all back together tomorrow. Also discovered the uni's on the rear drive shaft are toast so stripped them down and ordered 2 new ones should be here in the morning too

Winnie
16th April 2013, 05:47 PM
Did a bit of panel beating to fix last weekends efforts.

Parksy
16th April 2013, 05:47 PM
Meh, looks great. Will be doing that to mine shortly.

Blew a headlight on mine today. Will be changing the sealed units to the semi sealed crystal units. They look nice.

threedogs
16th April 2013, 05:49 PM
@ Parksy they throw a weird beam but I liked the effect of them.
Sealed units better if doing lots of water crossings {bog holes}

threedogs
16th April 2013, 05:52 PM
@ Tank flogging through all that nice NZ mud again Hey

BigRAWesty
16th April 2013, 07:24 PM
Bought a roof rack with awning...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Dinger
16th April 2013, 11:31 PM
Well draws are still at 99% but very functional.

NP99
17th April 2013, 12:19 AM
Took it for a run up to Noosa.

Cuppa
17th April 2013, 04:40 PM

Looks like a nice job, well done.

BigRAWesty
17th April 2013, 05:20 PM
Got nice bit of marble for the slide out bench top..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/04/122.jpg

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Tank
17th April 2013, 05:48 PM
The fly wheel arrived back from being machined and the new UJ's arrived. Down side is that the UJ's are the wrong size and have now gone from being $25 each available everywhere to $125 each and only available through Nissan. then had to go to a medical call out on the Fire Truck so didn't get any further, hopefully tomorrow

Dinger
17th April 2013, 08:00 PM
Thanks cuppa

Dominator
18th April 2013, 05:43 PM

Very nice mate.

AB
18th April 2013, 07:32 PM
I walked past my beloved GQ at 6:30am with a sad face on the way to my crappy GU to drive to work.

Gracefully rubbed the old girl with a slap on her ass saying we'll get out soon old mate and then drove to work....LMAO

Bob
18th April 2013, 07:34 PM
I walked past my beloved GQ at 6:30am with a sad face on the way to my crappy GU to drive to work.

Gracefully rubbed the old girl with a slap on her ass saying we'll get out soon old mate and then drove to work....LMAO

I hope you did not slap her Ass too hard Mate as she would probably fall apart LOL

I think putting LOL after your Post enables you say anything

Winnie
18th April 2013, 07:36 PM
Packed mine up ready to go out to Dargo this weekend!

AB
18th April 2013, 07:51 PM
I hope you did not slap her Ass too hard Mate as she would probably fall apart LOL

I think putting LOL after your Post enables you say anything

lol is like a get out of jail free card...

Bob you have a face like a kicked in rubbish bin...lol.....<----See LOL....I'm only joking and everyone is happy!

Tank
18th April 2013, 08:17 PM
Bolted up the new clutch and put the gear box back in, just need the new UJ's to arrive, they should be here first thing

trekster
18th April 2013, 08:50 PM
Finished my little project of repainting my free rims!

Before/after shot to give an insight

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/r180/563890_10151340124066701_132608561_n.jpg

And all done!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/563566_10151351843181701_396046465_n.jpg

Bob
19th April 2013, 11:34 AM
Just had a comprehensive Report done by Pedders on the Patrol and booked it in next Tuesday for :-
1. Control Arm Bushes
2. Radius Rod Bushes
3. Drag Link Replacement
4. Sway Bar Bushes
5. Steering Damper Replacement
6. Brake Fluid Flush & Replacement
7. Rear Sway Bar Bushes
8. Sway Bar Ball Joint
Wheel Alignment

Total Cost $1,666
Cant complain as the old girl has done 300,000K's

Dominator
19th April 2013, 01:38 PM
Jeez, it will handle nice after that!

Bob
19th April 2013, 01:41 PM
Jeez, it will handle nice after that!

I would hope so LOL

Sir Roofy
19th April 2013, 01:51 PM
Did a bit of panel beating to fix last weekends efforts.

hey winnie would you like to have a go at my small barn door,cant get at it from the inside

Winnie
19th April 2013, 01:59 PM
hey winnie would you like to have a go at my small barn door,cant get at it from the inside

Just hook a snatchy at it and go like the clappers! Hahahahahahaha

Sir Roofy
19th April 2013, 02:08 PM
Just hook a snatchy at it and go like the clappers! Hahahahahahaha

don't want to pull the door off just need the dent pulled out lmao

Dominator
19th April 2013, 03:18 PM
Let the smoke out of my front splits. :( Back surgery = no work = no money = listening to the sound of wind for the foreseeable future.

trekster
19th April 2013, 05:40 PM
New tyres!!!! :D

BigRAWesty
19th April 2013, 06:12 PM
New tyres!!!! :D

PICS!!!

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

trekster
19th April 2013, 06:48 PM
PICS!!!

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Check my build thread or my 33's on standard gu thread :D

Dinger
20th April 2013, 01:06 AM
Spent a lazy afternoon with the wife repacking the wheel bearings. Good. Family fun. Thanks to all who have posted info has been a great help

mudski
20th April 2013, 11:15 AM
I the last week I have fitted a 40inch light bar, new rocker switches, new uni's in the rear shaft, lifted her up another inch and fitted sway bar extensions.
I almost forgot, a rear light bracket care if yhe ferret, and a 9inch light bar on that. AND, dome led strip lights in both barn doors.
I'm sure that's it. :)

I tapped that app...

Cbates
20th April 2013, 12:35 PM
I the last week I have fitted a 40inch light bar, new rocker switches, new uni's in the rear shaft, lifted her up another inch and fitted sway bar extensions.
I almost forgot, a rear light bracket care if yhe ferret, and a 9inch light bar on that. AND, dome led strip lights in both barn doors.
I'm sure that's it. :)

I tapped that app...

I want to see photos mark!!!!

mudski
20th April 2013, 02:16 PM
I want to see photos mark!!!!
Will do soon mate. I just re read my post, damn tappa, I have short fat fingers and its hard to type on the phone... :)

trekster
20th April 2013, 03:41 PM
Wired in my boost gauge, washed the outside, cleaned the windows inside and out, redid all the moulds with interior/exterior protectant spray. Pretty tired now.

mudski
20th April 2013, 03:44 PM
Hehe forgot one other thing. Fitted one of those shovel and hi-lift carriers on the roof rack.

PMC
20th April 2013, 05:44 PM
Washed the farken Bat-shit from the bonnet. lol

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
20th April 2013, 09:39 PM
Washed the farken Bat-shit from the bonnet. lol

Stop parking it in the Bat cave.

NP99
20th April 2013, 10:35 PM
Just had a comprehensive Report done by Pedders on the Patrol and booked it in next Tuesday for :-
1. Control Arm Bushes
2. Radius Rod Bushes
3. Drag Link Replacement
4. Sway Bar Bushes
6. Brake Fluid Flush & Replacement
7. Rear Sway Bar Bushes
8. Sway Bar Ball Joint
Wheel Alignment

Total Cost $1,666

Mate, seriously, get a 2nd opinion or quote. Pedders are notorious for quoting up work that's not needed. Google it and you'll see. Some stores are ok, others, well buyer beware!

BigRAWesty
20th April 2013, 10:41 PM
Mate, seriously, get a 2nd opinion or quote. Pedders are notorious for quoting up work that's not needed. Google it and you'll see. Some stores are ok, others, well buyer beware!

X2...

I had a GOOD win on my draw system

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Bloodyaussie
22nd April 2013, 08:09 AM
Fitted a GPS tracker and put new headlights in after cracking both mine at Tallarook...

Its raining here today so no work so might do some small other jobs??

Bob
22nd April 2013, 08:26 AM

My own Mechanic had already done an extensive check of the Suspension and agrees with the Pedders assessment.
I have also known the rep from Pedders for many years and I trust him.
Thanks for your concern though Mate

Bob
22nd April 2013, 10:39 AM
Just installed a little strip of LED's to illuminate my Instrument Cluster as it has tinted windows and the Speedo is hard to see in some situations even with Park Lights on.
Not very good Pics.
Just a note in normal driving position you cannot see the LED Strip

Sir Roofy
22nd April 2013, 10:43 AM
just installed a little strip of led's to illuminate my instrument cluster as it has tinted windows and the speedo is hard to see in some situations even with park lights on.
Not very good pics.
Just a note in normal driving position you cannot see the led strip

excellent idea bob

Parksy
22nd April 2013, 06:32 PM
Pulled the fuel tank out and rear bar, stripped it all back and will paint it all up tomorrow if time permits.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/7B36CDBD-12E6-4C66-81DC-ABC745D67383-4211-000002B854C179BB.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/C68D37B5-D612-4629-A6A3-027521949498-4211-000002B44242C416.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/29838B92-6450-4720-96FC-68BC53B90BFA-4211-000002B43DEDE36F.jpg

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 07:00 PM
@ Bob nice work like your Thinking

@ Parksy did you find much corrosion with it all off.??
Are you just using brushable tar

As for my ride been, tweaking the boost contoller,

Tank
22nd April 2013, 07:04 PM
Drove it the way it should be driven and got agreement from my lovely wife that I should make up some front rear and side protection bars

Woof
22nd April 2013, 07:11 PM
Sliders to be sand blastered today, painted and put back on over the weekend

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 07:12 PM
Sounds Good
Now Bob that quote does seem a bit high, sure you could get it down abit,
Fit steering damper two bolts what was Quote for that, I have press here
that I;m dying to try.

Met Plasnart another gentleman, Thinking of putting a white board up for all
members to sign, lol

Parksy
22nd April 2013, 07:43 PM
Threedogs, was a little bit of corrosion but only just surface corrosion. Wire wheel and it's all gone, nothing to be worried about. Will treat it all with por15 metal ready and paint it all with por 15. Love this stuff. Looks the goods, is chip, bend, hammer, fuel proof.

threedogs
22nd April 2013, 07:49 PM
That POR15 is best product ever,
Someone should do a thread on it.
So nothing to look out for, just clean thoughly

Parksy
23rd April 2013, 05:44 PM
Painted fuel tank, guard and rear frame.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/E2997040-8580-4B09-A9A6-D06E536F3B2C-4741-0000031378D1D3CD.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/21FD3E6E-350F-42C7-BEEE-9E5B1514B57F-4741-000003137DFF2E18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/Pakas/3FB12D3C-F9F6-477B-B75E-B388747D6E7A-4741-00000313EE55AE2E.jpg

Bob
24th April 2013, 09:44 AM
1. Control Arm Bushes
2. Radius Rod Bushes
3. Drag Link Replacement
4. Sway Bar Bushes
6. Brake Fluid Flush &amp; Replacement
7. Rear Sway Bar Bushes
8. Sway Bar Ball Joint
Wheel Alignment

Total Cost $1,666

Picked up the patrol from having the above work carried out.
Wow just like driving a brand new patrol. Very happy

sent from galaxy s3 using tapatalk

meh
24th April 2013, 10:15 PM
Put on my Troll sticker and I Root license plates :eck05:

Woof
24th April 2013, 10:21 PM
New number 3 injector pipe, trying to stop the fuel leaks that are coming from number 1 & 3, all good so far........will just have to see how it goes, could be up for new injectors if this does not stop the leak

Lewy
25th April 2013, 03:48 PM
Well a few weeks ago I swapped a disco for a outback rear bar.. So here is is all installed couldn't be happier with it!!

Lewy

Cbates
25th April 2013, 03:53 PM
Put strip lighting in the barn door 28764

Dales300exc
25th April 2013, 04:08 PM
Turn off the gas tank to try and isolate whats pressurising my cooling system when the vehicle is cold.

Parksy
25th April 2013, 07:05 PM
Installed fuel tank, new high tensile bolts for it as well as rear bar, lots of anti seize. Sprayed the inside of the rear chassis section with lanolin as well as the rear body. Was told it turns to a waxy substance within 3 days that won't wash off so will be leaving the car in the garage until it dries.

Parksy
26th April 2013, 06:46 PM
Ordered a complete exhaust for the patrol, extractors, high flow cat, flowing through mandrel bent 2.5" tubes.

Woof
26th April 2013, 07:18 PM
First coat of paint on my sliders after sand blasting.

BEFORE
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130406_130559_zpsbc4b79db.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130406_130559_zpsbc4b79db.jpg.html)

AFTER
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/Uriah57/20130426_160131_zpsd9551bd9.jpg (http://s296.photobucket.com/user/Uriah57/media/20130426_160131_zpsd9551bd9.jpg.html)

Winnie
26th April 2013, 07:21 PM
Wow they had seen better days hey! Nice job.

Woof
26th April 2013, 07:27 PM
Wow they had seen better days hey! Nice job.

Yep they have had a hard life, got a few deep scratches and a slight bend in one but they still do the job.

Winnie
26th April 2013, 07:28 PM
I could have done with those 2 weeks ago.... LMAO!

BigRAWesty
26th April 2013, 09:48 PM
Got out and used the draw system. Been camped at the hahndorf resort since Thursday.. so far good.. still need fridge slide but we've had the fridge in the camper this trip.
Also ill possible look into a small 240v trickle charger once we go solo to keep the second battery topped up. We only did half hour of driving today so the fridge would have given it a hard hit if it was plugged in..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

mudski
26th April 2013, 10:11 PM
Finished off, the rear barn doors light strips. Also the wiring for the rear spot light. Also fitted the new adjustable drag link and RTC dampener. Hehe, now my steering wheel it slightly too much the other way from what it was.

my third 256
27th April 2013, 12:17 AM
Just installed a little strip of LED's to illuminate my Instrument Cluster as it has tinted windows and the Speedo is hard to see in some situations even with Park Lights on.
Not very good Pics.
hi bob where did you run the power from
stephen

DX grunt
27th April 2013, 08:53 AM
Just been given 5 white rimmed 'Sunnies'. :thumbup: :Yahoo!: :first: :bananarock:

Just gotta buy a 6th and I'm changing my tyres over.

Gunna keep the 'skinnies' on until they run out of tread. lol. Then it's time to go 'shopping'. haha

Rossco

growler2058
27th April 2013, 08:57 AM
Just been given 5 white rimmed 'Sunnies'. :thumbup: :Yahoo!: :first: :bananarock:

Just gotta buy a 6th and I'm changing my tyres over.

Gunna keep the 'skinnies' on until they run out of tread. lol. Then it's time to go 'shopping'. haha

Rossco

Bout bloody time!!! ;)

growler2058
27th April 2013, 08:59 AM
I've packed her up for a killing fest ;)
Bunnies, foxes, &amp; bit of luck cats
Gunna be a lot of guns so might not get a chance with my bow but taking it just in case ;)

taslucas
27th April 2013, 10:07 AM
A bow, swag and fry pan. I like your confidence;-)

FanTapstic!

growler2058
27th April 2013, 10:19 AM
A bow, swag and fry pan. I like your confidence;-)

FanTapstic!

Theres also an eski if all else fails we'll just get pissed ;)

taslucas
27th April 2013, 10:35 AM
Theres also an eski if all else fails we'll just get pissed ;)

What do ya mean "if all else fails" ? You, me and everyone on this forum knows that your gonna get pissed! Lol

FanTapstic!

Winnie
27th April 2013, 10:36 AM
But if you get really pissed you forget that you're hungry.

growler2058
27th April 2013, 11:35 AM
What do ya mean "if all else fails" ? You, me and everyone on this forum knows that your gonna get pissed! Lol

FanTapstic!

Sssshhhhhhhh not everyone

taslucas
27th April 2013, 11:50 AM
Just packed my trol for an afternoon out. Esky, -check.......................... Lets GO!

DX grunt
27th April 2013, 12:21 PM
I've packed her up for a killing fest ;)
Bunnies, foxes, &amp; bit of luck cats
Gunna be a lot of guns so might not get a chance with my bow but taking it just in case ;)

Packed her up!!! Looks like you've just chucked everything in and off you went. lol

meh
28th April 2013, 12:02 PM
Found out why my boot light wasnt working, The last owner had cut the wires to it and disposed of the plug. Rewired it in and replaced the standard globes with some 6 x LED's. Should look good tonight

growler2058
28th April 2013, 01:35 PM
Packed her up!!! Looks like you've just chucked everything in and off you went. lol

Shoulda seen it this morning!!!!!!!!!

Stropp
28th April 2013, 02:27 PM
Got my long ranger tank Thursday, that's pretty good from over east, ready to paint! And now it had its first coat, the dog is checking for faults :redface: using the Hammerright rust paint, it looks to have a shiny fleck in the can but can't see it when it's painted on!

healy
28th April 2013, 05:51 PM
Tinted out rear windows its a lot better in the cabin now and a lot more privacy for the bits and pieces and also finished the rear storage off

trekster
28th April 2013, 07:46 PM
Washed the mud off it :)

Parksy
28th April 2013, 08:05 PM
Re sprayed my bullbar and installed a new electric arial. Couldn't get it to work and a multimeter on the terminals revealed no voltage, so will have to troubleshoot...

Winnie
28th April 2013, 08:08 PM
Scored a brand new Kumho muddy 33" tyre on rim for free which I will use as a spare

Bob
29th April 2013, 07:36 AM
hi bob where did you run the power from
stephen

Ran direct from Battery with a Switch. Just Temporary until I have time to connect to Power for Parking Lights.
Will let you know where I connect it

taslucas
29th April 2013, 08:49 AM
After taking it out twice over the weekend I stared longingly at it as I left for work this morning:-(

FanTapstic!

mudski
29th April 2013, 07:45 PM
Started the glove box mod project...
I might start a new thread on this with what and how I did it with sizing for others to use for their own trucks...

DX grunt
29th April 2013, 07:46 PM
I shouted my truck a Bushranger exhaust jack.

Now I can compensate for the skinny tyres - to a point. LOL.

Honestly, I could just about open my own recovery spare parts shop with the stuff I've got. lol.

My Maxtrax and exhaust jack will make a good team. haha

taslucas
29th April 2013, 07:55 PM
I might start a new thread on this with what and how I did it with sizing for others to use for their own trucks...

Hey there was a thread started a while ago about the GU glove box. Ill have a dig

EDIT: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8281-Gu-hidden-glovebox
Another one with not much info: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?1704-GU-2nd-Glove-box

mudski
29th April 2013, 08:04 PM
Yeah i knew of that one but no info on how to do it. Or not much. So I thought I might supply sizing etc to help others out.

Cbates
29th April 2013, 08:28 PM
Yeah i knew of that one but no info on how to do it. Or not much. So I thought I might supply sizing etc to help others out.

I've been looking at this for a while! Would be great to see your write up!

mudski
29th April 2013, 08:33 PM
I actually bought the one that you can get in kit form first from Car Console Supplies. Don't bother. Its half the size of what you can make it and the kit is of really poor quality. So that's back in it's box. I was quite annoyed at them for supplying something that is really, really bad. It doesn't even have solid sides or top.

healy
29th April 2013, 08:45 PM
I actually bought the one that you can get in kit form first from Car Console Supplies. Don't bother. Its half the size of what you can make it and the kit is of really poor quality. So that's back in it's box. I was quite annoyed at them for supplying something that is really, really bad. It doesn't even have solid sides or top.

glade I didn't get one then how much rooms in there and does the panel just pop off with a screw driver?

mudski
29th April 2013, 08:54 PM
glade I didn't get one then how much rooms in there and does the panel just pop off with a screw driver?
I still got it of you want to buy it off me :) The panel at the front has 8 screws holding it in from the back. You need to remove the glove box to get at the screws. Then the cutting begins. But I'll start up a thread when its complete. May take another week or ten before I get more time to finish it. Flat out with work over the weekend doesn't give much time for anything.

healy
29th April 2013, 09:07 PM
I still got it of you want to buy it off me :) The panel at the front has 8 screws holding it in from the back. You need to remove the glove box to get at the screws. Then the cutting begins. But I'll start up a thread when its complete. May take another week or ten before I get more time to finish it. Flat out with work over the weekend doesn't give much time for anything.

come on mate were all waiting on you

Acj
30th April 2013, 07:47 PM
Installed a long range tank
And some 3" springs today
Will get some new shocks tomorow
And install them28945

mudski
30th April 2013, 09:30 PM
Installed a long range tank
And some 3" springs today
Will get some new shocks tomorow
And install them28945
Now you need to change dose widdle widdle baby tyres for some big ones now you have the lift. Looks outta place.

meh
1st May 2013, 07:00 PM
Put in some LED strips with switches in the plastric trim.
They light up pretty good

taslucas
1st May 2013, 07:02 PM
The look awesome meh, Id love to see a bit of a DIY in another thread mate:)

Ben-e-boy
1st May 2013, 07:18 PM
order my new TD05H-18g from ufi.

mudski
2nd May 2013, 06:13 PM
This is how far I am up to with my glove box.

I tapped that app...

Stropp
2nd May 2013, 06:26 PM
lookin good mate.

healy
2nd May 2013, 08:26 PM
Fitted up the new winch today

mudski
2nd May 2013, 08:31 PM
How is the truck going mate since the meet up? I hope you've given that interior a good cleanup. I have never seen so much dirt in one car... :)

healy
2nd May 2013, 08:58 PM
Yeah it's good slowly been fixing bits and pieces just working around the car gonna build another glovebox like you are you gonna use the original cover?

DX grunt
2nd May 2013, 09:19 PM
I drove my truck 1 km to work and 1 km home - it was raining. lol

willkenobi
2nd May 2013, 09:41 PM

I finally installed my work lights, I had the frame made in aluminium alloy at a metal fabricator shop.

Cuppa
2nd May 2013, 09:51 PM
Packed the Patrol up for a long weekend away, leaving in the morning, camping up near Taggerty, Vic with friends. Not sure how we'll go under canvas with temps cold enough to have ice on the windscreen in the mornings. Might've 'gone soft' in my advancing years! LOL.

Cuppa

mudski
2nd May 2013, 10:19 PM
Yeah it's good slowly been fixing bits and pieces just working around the car gonna build another glovebox like you are you gonna use the original cover?
Yeah mate. Thats the next bit on the list to do. I might attack it over the weekend.

Cuppa
2nd May 2013, 10:59 PM

Yeah mate. Thats the next bit on the list to do. I might attack it over the weekend.

I'm keen to do this/get this done & would like to use the original panel as the 'door'. Have you already put up some pics of what you've done mudski? If not can you? If you get the original panel fitted as the door I'd love to see some pics of that, particularly of the hinging & lock.

I've seen these two threads http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?4393-GU-second-glove-box and http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?8281-Gu-hidden-glovebox but haven't seen any pics of a finished job. It'd be great if it's possible for it to all look 'factory built'.

I'm not sure whether to have a go at it myself. If I did I think because my arc welding skills are at beginner level, & my means of bending sheet metal fairly rudimentary I would be tempted to either go for a plywood or riveted aluminium construction.

Cuppa

meh
3rd May 2013, 01:59 PM
Located the annoying rattle/clunking while driving along. Rear sway bar link was missing a bush and very loose. Replaced with some pedder bushes, no more noise :)

mudski
3rd May 2013, 05:36 PM
Cuppa. I made the box out of 6mm MDF. Once it was happy with the fit I covered it with marine carpet. And yes I will be using the original dummy cover as the door. I have hinged it but I ballsed up the placement on the holes I have to drill in the dash for the pins to run through so the door doesn't sit perfect. So I am fixing that up and the way I have made it you won't even know its there. You can't see the hinges, nothing. Until you push on the door and it springs back to open. :)

Stropp
3rd May 2013, 05:41 PM
mudski did you use a magnetic spring loaded latch?? thats what i was thinking of using on mine.

healy
3rd May 2013, 05:42 PM
I've done mine to mark just can't work the door out

mudski
3rd May 2013, 05:48 PM
mudski did you use a magnetic spring loaded latch?? thats what i was thinking of using on mine.
Yeah mate, what you would see on a T.V cabinet...

I've done mine to mark just can't work the door out

Hey! Already? What did you use for the glove box? An ice cream container?:D

healy
3rd May 2013, 05:54 PM
Yeah mate, what you would see on a T.V cabinet...

Hey! Already? What did you use for the glove box? An ice cream container?:D. I used 6mm ply glue nails and some marine carpet and just gotta do the door but looks good open I was thinking maybe just putting some netting like you see on the back of seats on the gq not sure yet

Winnie
3rd May 2013, 06:02 PM
I'd put the door back on and make it look factory.... safe(ish) place to hide valuables where nobody would expect to find anything.

healy
3rd May 2013, 06:10 PM
That's what I was thinking

trekster
3rd May 2013, 11:22 PM
cleaned it again!

my third 256
4th May 2013, 12:20 AM
Not very good Pics.
just installed mine but put in 6 lights and wired into cigarett socker

Bloodyaussie
4th May 2013, 06:35 PM
Pulled engine out of donor car today with irish and fitted new plug leads to my gq .
Should see the oil in the donor cars engine.

George did a plug change the other day for me and 2 plugs still had 10mm of thread still to go and all plugs were rooted, other mechanic said he had checked them the prick.
Getting nearly 50km more per tank.
Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2

Irish
4th May 2013, 07:30 PM
I was able to carve, yes carve my initials into the oil on that dizzy. I dunno who the peanut was who owned that poor gq before we got it, but when I saw that my neck punching hand started to get itchy.

growler2058
4th May 2013, 07:45 PM
Took Aggie off the daily road.

Got another commonwhore for a daily

taslucas
4th May 2013, 07:48 PM
Took Aggie off the daily road.

Got another commonwhore for a daily

Sounds a small thing but it's a move to the next step:-)
I got mine off daily duties about a month ago. The term "dedicated play rig" has such a good feel to it:-)

FanTapstic!

Parksy
4th May 2013, 07:53 PM
Fitted a new exhaust and aircon belt. Will never attempt to remove an exhaust again! Killed my angle grinder, killed my dremel. Bolts on the old exhaust were so corroded that undoing them was not an option. Had to use a drill and cold chisel to cut the old exhaust in pieces to remove it. Hitting an old exhaust with a chisel/hammer isn't exactly a clean job. But the end result was worth it.

growler2058
4th May 2013, 07:55 PM
My Q (tufferest of the trolls) was never built (not bought) to be a part time road warrior. Luckily enough being A Q it was tuffnuff to do some big bitchy trips, but now giving her the respect she deserves (not a GUrly hairdressers car) and keeping her for the TUFF STUFF (where GurLys fear to tread)

Bloodyaussie
4th May 2013, 08:12 PM
Fitted a new exhaust and aircon belt. Will never attempt to remove an exhaust again! Killed my angle grinder, killed my dremel. Bolts on the old exhaust were so corroded that undoing them was not an option. Had to use a drill and cold chisel to cut the old exhaust in pieces to remove it. Hitting an old exhaust with a chisel/hammer isn't exactly a clean job. But the end result was worth it.

Shit job isn't it???

I have a donor car and when I needed a new system I looked at it for the parts and said no bloody way and gave it to a shop to do!!

Parksy
4th May 2013, 08:18 PM
Yep, I think if ever I had to do it again ill pay someone to do it.

Sir Roofy
4th May 2013, 08:27 PM
my q (tufferest of the trolls) was never built (not bought) to be a part time road warrior. Luckily enough being a q it was tuffnuff to do some big bitchy trips, but now giving her the respect she deserves (not a gurly hairdressers car) and keeping her for the tuff stuff (where gurlys fear to tread)

hold that thought chilli boy dont let the dream fade lmao

growler2058
4th May 2013, 08:55 PM
hold that thought chilli boy dont let the dream fade lmao

Thanks mate I knew you'd understand ;)

Sent from my iPhone using My thumbs

trekster
4th May 2013, 09:34 PM
Gave the cooling system a quick flush, plenty of rusty water in there, Need to do a good flush when I get back from Sydney, and put some proper coolant in it..

Stropp
5th May 2013, 12:31 AM
Just installed my black widow rear floor extension to replace the seats.

Clunk
5th May 2013, 01:14 AM
nice Stropp, so do they just slide back into place when you want to put the seats back in, or do you have to remove them?

Stropp
5th May 2013, 01:19 AM
No mate bolted in on seat mounts, 6 bolts to remove.

Clunk
5th May 2013, 01:20 AM
gonna have plenty of sleep space in there mate, bloody handy as

BigRAWesty
5th May 2013, 06:20 AM
Guessing your looking at putting a bed there?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
5th May 2013, 01:03 PM
Yes if the weather is really bad and I don't want to put the roof top tent up I can sleep on one side as the fridge will be on one side, for the simo I will be taking both fridges one for a freezer the 80 ltr trailblazer and the other the 45 ltr primus will have the fresh food and drinks, I plan to have that on a slide out the side door.

Clunk
5th May 2013, 02:43 PM
Mowed the lawn ready for when i can be bothered to wash the Q ;)

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

Winnie
5th May 2013, 03:17 PM
Fixed up my dodgey wiring on the spotties so they're not dodgey any more!

trekster
5th May 2013, 03:27 PM
Tyre shine on the tyres and black bits then bathed the underside in CT18 in preparation for a bloody good hosin!

jgoose
5th May 2013, 04:33 PM
Well i finally connected up my free flow K&N filter to my snorkel it breathes heaps better now & sounds great when the load peddle hits the floor now to find a cheap 4.2 diesel to do up to replace the crap petrol 4.5

gaddy
5th May 2013, 09:19 PM
found out it does work on dirt and not just sand even drove through some puddles , all 14 creek , well water over the rd , crossings of the condermine river rd

steve

trekster
5th May 2013, 09:49 PM
Tonight attempted a barn door fix to keep it open, and some heat shrink to try and stop the barn door squeaks, fingers crossed.

Regards,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Stropp
7th May 2013, 06:08 PM
just received my spartan front locker $370 delivered now to fit it up.

Frontbumfab
7th May 2013, 06:32 PM
Mounted my front mount intercooler and little cooler for power steer now going out to cut holes for piping. After a few beers ofcourse:rolleyes:

mudski
7th May 2013, 06:35 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/32.jpgNearly finished. Just need to finish up the trim on the door, adjust the latch and put some wire straps in.

I tapped that app...

Stropp
7th May 2013, 07:07 PM
that looks perfect mudski, great job.

mudski
7th May 2013, 07:40 PM

Thanks mate. Let us know how the locker goes. I have in mind to get an air locker but the price of an auto in very tempting.

I tapped that app...

Drewboyaus
7th May 2013, 07:53 PM

Hey Strop, did you get it from OS?

Drewboyaus
7th May 2013, 07:54 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/32.jpgNearly finished. Just need to finish up the trim on the door, adjust the latch and put some wire straps in.

I tapped that app...

That is a top job mate!

BigRAWesty
7th May 2013, 08:10 PM
Top job mudski.. very swanky..

I finally got the led lights in on the patrol..
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/33.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/34.jpg
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/05/35.jpg

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

mudski
7th May 2013, 08:41 PM
You wait until its finished! It will look like a professional has done it. :) Good job yourself mate. Plus you have reminded me to order another roll of strip lights.

BigRAWesty
7th May 2013, 08:50 PM
You wait until its finished! It will look like a professional has done it. :) Good job yourself mate. Plus you have reminded me to order another roll of strip lights.

Glad to be of assistance.. yes I need some to in perp for when my roof rack and awning arrive.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
7th May 2013, 09:11 PM
Hey Strop, did you get it from OS?

Drew yes mate eBay from rock ridge 4wd, in the us

BigRAWesty
7th May 2013, 10:56 PM
Drew yes mate eBay from rock ridge 4wd, in the us

What the Hell do you search to find these things?

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Stropp
7th May 2013, 11:02 PM

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Just go onto eBay and make sure when you type in the search that you have checked the worldwide box to get us suppliers.

BigRAWesty
7th May 2013, 11:10 PM
Yea on the app, but haven't got aus only ticked.
Will have a squiz tonight..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Drewboyaus
7th May 2013, 11:10 PM

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Justdifferentials.com are also quite good. I have been procrastinating on buying a Detroit locker for the front of the Q.
Can't decide between that or spending extra coin and going e-locker

Stropp
7th May 2013, 11:21 PM
Yeh I was looking elocker but unless you are doing hardcore all the time I just thought for $370 plus fitting cheap as chips and there are quite a few guys over here are running them without issues!

meh
10th May 2013, 01:51 PM
Got my new digital gauges in today. They can either be Blue or Red and can be wired up to switch to either color at night - When lights are turned on.
Sorry about the glare in the pic. Will get some tonight to see how it looks with my blue LED dash

meh
10th May 2013, 06:10 PM
Dark shot of the dash. Love it !!

Cbates
10th May 2013, 09:59 PM

do you have measurements for this? keen to do it! got some time in the next few weeks!
cheers