PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

threedogs
14th December 2013, 02:41 PM
Bad growler bad, all I did was wash mine, but have a cd stuck in head unit I cant get out.
And suggestions would help FYI its a double din with the lot head unit

BigRAWesty
14th December 2013, 02:44 PM
Height of old mount in the car between body and chassis, what height are the new?

The compressed New mounts are
40mm. This was the middle Mount, both sides. I'm guessing it'll compress a little more as the rubber settles..

I did notice 2 more mounts between rear chassis cross member and body.. These now have a 6-8mm gap..
Never seen spares for them..

lhurley
14th December 2013, 02:46 PM
Bad growler bad, all I did was wash mine, but have a cd stuck in head unit I cant get out.

Try resetting it, or googling the manufacturers website and seeing if theres any info.

Last time i had to get a stuck cd out, i have to pull the whole unit apart.

Stropp
14th December 2013, 02:50 PM
[QUOTE=threedogs;457471 have a cd stuck in head unit I cant get out.
And suggestions would help FYI its a double din with the lot head unit[/QUOTE]

take the battery lead off overnight and then try it, you need to bleed the power out of the unit and it also resets the unit, works on the ford when the cd's get stuck.

threedogs
14th December 2013, 03:12 PM
Probably didn't help my cause when after it not grabbing I pushed it in further, I'll try the re set I don't use the CD as I use SD card for music.
Just thought I would put a DVD in it to watch while waiting for the MOF when shopping. I'll go give the reset button a push ,but don't like my chances.

Clunk
14th December 2013, 03:18 PM

have you tried cleaning the MAF sensor?????/

sorry mate, couldnt resist hahahahahaha

threedogs
14th December 2013, 03:32 PM
Don't we wish we could live/drive in a Mafless world , but it drives everything
tried the re-set got zip for a result, I'll pull the unit out and see what happens .

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2013, 03:37 PM
Packed it up with camping gear and off to Yarrawonga to hopefully find a spot to set up camp for after Xmas camping.
It seems a hell of a lot of 4x4's coming back home on the Hume filthy dirty.
Looks like they had some fun.
I counted at least 12 big 4x4's covered in mud.

threedogs
14th December 2013, 03:41 PM
could have been a club?, I loved the old BoHo days,
till insurance spoilt it

MEGOMONSTER
14th December 2013, 04:28 PM
Two speed cameras set up within 10-15 k's of each other.
Too bloody obvious. Dumb ass's

Bloodyaussie
14th December 2013, 07:32 PM
Pulled my winch apart to find water in it..... been sometime since I have been in water that deep.

All the gears are soaking in petrol and I will re-grease and put back together tomorrow.

Only reason I pulled the winch off the car was I snapped the bolt that holds the rope on the drum and needed to thread it through.. lucky!!!

mudnut
14th December 2013, 07:57 PM
I used silicon to make an extra seal on the ends of the winch drum. I used a layer of glad wrap to stop the silicon from sticking to the drum. When it was all dry, I packed the new space full of marine grade grease. So far it has worked well, even with the water level up to the bonnet.

Woof
14th December 2013, 08:29 PM
Got brakes yesterday

Stropp
15th December 2013, 06:49 PM
Took mine for a spin to dardanup as it was only 32 down there not 41 like Perth!

Clunk
15th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Fitted two ten inch light bars, bonnet protector and front canvas seat covers.

Clunk
15th December 2013, 07:05 PM
Took mine for a spin to dardanup as it was only 32 down there not 41 like Perth!

Yep it wasn't fun being outside most of the day

Stropp
15th December 2013, 07:53 PM
Home now with the aircon belting :)

93patrol
15th December 2013, 08:39 PM
And you didn't let us know you were down???? Well get stuffed too. Lol

It is pretty cool Down this way but still hot enough to hide inside or in the pool at the in laws with a few bevies

Stropp
15th December 2013, 09:30 PM
And you didn't let us know you were down???? Well get stuffed too. Lol

It is pretty cool Down this way but still hot enough to hide inside or in the pool at the in laws with a few bevies

Yeh was just a quick trip to catch up with some friends prior to Xmas, only decided to go this morning at 0830!

MEGOMONSTER
16th December 2013, 10:13 PM
Just stared at it and cheekily smiled.

BigRAWesty
16th December 2013, 11:53 PM
I drove mine to work!!!! Yay....

oncedisturbed
17th December 2013, 02:48 AM
same as Westy :(

AB
17th December 2013, 03:26 AM
Woke up at 4am thinking what I want to do to my patrol...lol

BigRAWesty
17th December 2013, 04:10 AM
same as Westy :(

Mine is a smily face.. First ttime in 8 months!!! Loved it..

WTF??? You have issues.

But then so do I.. Lol

gaddy
17th December 2013, 06:53 AM
Added the most usefull Chinese import item I could have ever owned multi use , can hold empty stubbies , bait buckets , awning ropes and pegs
It is self draining through a set of computer designed holes in base easy to attach with a special tie diwn off cut , and any issues just disconnect from the vehicle over night and it will reset

TPC
17th December 2013, 08:36 AM
Added the most usefull Chinese import item I could have ever owned multi use , can hold empty stubbies , bait buckets , awning ropes and pegs
It is self draining through a set of computer designed holes in base easy to attach with a special tie diwn off cut , and any issues just disconnect from the vehicle over night and it will reset
You do know that legally it is still owned by the milk company?
I keep my camp oven in one.

threedogs
17th December 2013, 09:15 AM
Ah the huble milk crate I use one to carry cooking gear to camp then use it as a step for my camper. lol
Plans today are to wash Neville the Nissan, since turning up chip its flying ATM life is good lol

mudski
19th December 2013, 10:56 PM
That really pisses me off. Happens to me a lot, and it takes me ages to get back to sleep. So I take a cold shower...

Dazzalco
19th December 2013, 11:16 PM
Put track lander roof rack on and arb awning on installed rear light bracket from ferret tools and getting ready to install lights

Ian2011
20th December 2013, 09:47 AM
Fitted twin Anderson plugs to front bar to allow solar panels to charge batteries as required.

oncedisturbed
20th December 2013, 10:17 AM
Waiting for mechanic to arrive ti fix their stuff up after servicing the gearboxes. Dumping fluid from breathers grrrr

threedogs
20th December 2013, 10:26 AM
not good OD ,
@ ian2011 great idea I used the large Anderson plug so I didn't have to lift bonnet if anyone needed a jump.
I have small Anderson at the rear for my camper, or just general 12v duties around camp if needed

oncedisturbed
20th December 2013, 11:40 AM
Need to fit some anderson plugs as well, got 20 of them to use lol

Ian2011
20th December 2013, 12:37 PM
Damn you Threedogs, now I have to go and get a large plug and modify my jumper leads to do the same. Nice idea.

threedogs
20th December 2013, 12:45 PM
Anytime always happy to help.
@ OD those Anderson plugs are cheap as chips now < I use the red ones and screw
that "T" bar handle to them

oncedisturbed
20th December 2013, 06:43 PM
Dumb arse mechanic had to drain nearly 2L out of the gearbox grrrr

Stropp
20th December 2013, 10:12 PM
Dumb arse mechanic had to drain nearly 2L out of the gearbox grrrr

Probably forgot to drain it prior to filling it up!

Stropp
20th December 2013, 10:17 PM
Got the troll serviced and also had the radiator flushed along with the aircon condesor and had the fan clutch hub cleaned and refilled with silicone oil, the amount of mud that was in the cowl was unbelievable.

threedogs
21st December 2013, 10:57 AM
Picked up some 6mm figure 8 wire so I can wire a front power outlet
on the Patrol, same as ian2011. Already have a rear power source
which powers the camper whilst in transit. I will run off the AUX battery
via a circuit breaker switch. I have nothing on the start battery except the winch
and it'll stay that way.

Flo-w
21st December 2013, 01:10 PM
Finally had all the parts together and the time to fit them: 100l water bladder between storage system and rear seats, 4l/m self priming pump, hose to rear of car, key-switch for flat mounting so that it fits between storage system and barn door.

Dales300exc
21st December 2013, 06:33 PM
Swivel hub bearings, seals and grease, leaky axle seal, straightened bull bar after incident last week, fitted new flares (no more povo garden edging), changed engine mounts, found water leak (didn't fix, timing cover). Big day! Ready for the trip next week now!

Dinger
23rd December 2013, 09:58 AM
Got the radiator a flushed and a dyno tune done.
Got an extra 15 kW and and 67 nm

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2013, 11:17 AM
Did my first proper burnout at the lights

threedogs
23rd December 2013, 01:05 PM
You hoon mego, liquid horse power at its best
{raining in Melb atm}

rustbucket89
23rd December 2013, 04:58 PM
Replaced swivel hub seals, kingpins, wheel bearings, all associated grease, and left a fair bit of skin and blood around the diff lol.

FNQGU
23rd December 2013, 08:57 PM
Finally had all the parts together and the time to fit them: 100l water bladder between storage system and rear seats, 4l/m self priming pump, hose to rear of car, key-switch for flat mounting so that it fits between storage system and barn door.

I had a horrible experience with a 75litre water bladder leaking at the joins and flooding the carpet for several days before I noticed the musty smell. I was able to fix it with some plumbers tape, but I always pay close attention to the bloody thing now. Took days to dry it all out properly.

sil3nt_dr3ams
24th December 2013, 03:04 AM
Did my first proper burnout at the lights

My last proper burnout cost me dearly, clocked at 160km an hour in a 60 zone sideways taking up both lanes . Long story short pushed the coppers off the road continued 480meters on the outskirts of town dragged out the car arrested. Back then I had a very nasty r33 skyline, when I eventually got my license back bout 4000 grand later just in fines I brought my first short wheel base patrol. 7 years later on my third patrol cant believe that I used to have that mentality that I had the right to risk the lives of other people on the road. lol rant over,

sooty_10
25th December 2013, 12:47 AM
After a busy week working on it, it has finally got to a point I'm happy with...... For now...

Stripped interior and scrubbed and vacuumed the accumulation of filth and red dirt from who knows when or where.
Layed down some dynamat (sitting in shed for a couple of years, intended for my previous gu ute)
Ran some 6b&s cable from aux battery to a rear fuse block, via 75a circuit breaker and fuse block under bonnet.
Installed blackwidow drawer system and mounted engel fridge in the back.
Installed and wired up reverse camera

So now I'm happy that all accessories are running to proper fuse blocks off the aux and only things running from start battery are factory things and spotlights.

MEGOMONSTER
25th December 2013, 06:59 PM
I now know why I go to the Indians to wash my car, as I tried washing it myself today.
I rinsed it,washed it but it sort of dried up before u could rinse it but thought nothing of it and rinsed it off. After it all dried there was dry soap everywhere so I had wash it again

growler2058
25th December 2013, 07:02 PM
Droooooovvvvveeeeee ITTTTTTT I mean her :)

menace 2
26th December 2013, 11:05 AM
bought one of these from jaycar...38356

intend to use it for the winch..removed starter button ...expanded hole and put in and out rocker in it38357

going to put it here...now just have to get the guts and cut the woodgrain ! ha ha ha ha. ..may have to use a slight spacer to get clearance underneath38358

menace 2
26th December 2013, 11:09 AM
will use the missile switch as an isolator...red light as active indicator ( which really doesnt matter...you know when you activate a missile switch...just good for other people who may put something on the rocker)

menace 2
26th December 2013, 11:12 AM
also as a matter of interest and to maybe save people having to go through the process...the accessorary wire from the back of the ignition is the blue one with a red tracer...there is only one....it can be followed down the loom to near the fuse panel...GQ

growler2058
26th December 2013, 11:33 AM
Got some cable ties out and secured my grille onto the body so it doesn't look so dodgy

TPC
26th December 2013, 11:37 AM
Got some cable ties out and secured my grille onto the body so it doesn't look so dodgy

You sound like a Land Rover owner doing repairs with cable ties, although they would use rivets.

growler2058
26th December 2013, 12:35 PM
You sound like a Land Rover owner doing repairs with cable ties, although they would use rivets.

All the little plastic locking tabs are fubar, the radiator support panel needed some serious panel beating, I did have it tied on with twitching wire, but the cable ties are more durable

menace 2
26th December 2013, 01:41 PM
you have to love cable ties....I wish I had designed them

mudnut
26th December 2013, 01:52 PM
I have nipped up the steering box adjuster and inspected the front end, getting ready for the Otways. I also fitted my new extinguisher on to the drivers seat mounting tunnel. Thanks 3D for the idea of the placement.

threedogs
26th December 2013, 01:52 PM
@ Growler check back here I'll put a pic here of gizmo which may interest you.
Using "U" bolts you bolt two of these either side of cato straps [uprights] of your bulbar.
So when out 4x4ing you attach your strap underneath and the access strap you weave on to the strap posts. then if you get stuck person only needs to jump on you bulbar to grab your strap.
This is made from 1/2" round the bracket is from when I used to make 3 piece sand flags ,

sil3nt_dr3ams
27th December 2013, 02:25 AM
Finally finished my laptop bracket in car and what a job it was very very time consuming to get right.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/138.jpg

Turns around so passenger can watch movies,

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/139.jpg

comes in close to me.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/140.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/141.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/142.jpg

Access to main keyboard if needed, it is touch screen tho.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/143.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/144.jpg

8 port power usb hub under dash to mount my cameras and other things I have planned.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/145.jpg

Completely locks into the dash when 4wd.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/146.jpg

Pushed out of the way and protected.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/147.jpg

un plug two plugs and one turn buckle (lost what to call it). 20seconds laptops out.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/12/148.jpg

threedogs
27th December 2013, 10:35 AM
Finished off my front 12v outlet, straight to my Aux via a 30amp circuit breaker to 50 amp Anderson with cover.
Gives me extra options at camp how I'll run camp lighting

Stropp
27th December 2013, 02:17 PM
finally received my crosscountry intercooler, now the fun can begin with the td05 16g large and intercooler fitting :)

growler2058
27th December 2013, 02:22 PM
Modded my dodgy storage drawers so the kid seat fits in the back

Ian2011
27th December 2013, 02:36 PM
whacked in a new set of front speakers, now to get some more for the rear

Rumcajs
27th December 2013, 03:27 PM
Replaced intercooler fan, what a fcuk up. Hopefully I don't have to touch it again....

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu333/rumburaknet/4WD/Technical/2013-12-27140755_zps692f4b3a.jpg

threedogs
27th December 2013, 03:41 PM
@ Rumjas whats the probe thingy on bottom right of pic.
Is that a boost sensor??

Rumcajs
27th December 2013, 03:50 PM
That's surface mounted temperature switch (50°C) to turn intercooler fan on when temp is right. I'm actually planning to fit air temp sensor inside intercooler boosted air stream aka MAT to get it more accurate than use Jaycar temp switch to create high/low settings.

Cheers

MudRunnerTD
27th December 2013, 03:51 PM

pics!! We need Pics Please!

MudRunnerTD
27th December 2013, 03:53 PM
That's surface mounted temperature switch (50°C) to turn intercooler fan on when temp is right. I'm actually planning to fit air temp sensor inside intercooler boosted air stream aka MAT to get it more accurate than use Jaycar temp switch to create high/low settings.

Cheers

nice! will that be affected by under bonnet temps or is it reading the surface temp it is stuck too? did you buy that from Jaycar?

Rumcajs
27th December 2013, 04:38 PM
nice! will that be affected by under bonnet temps or is it reading the surface temp it is stuck too? did you buy that from Jaycar?

It can/it is especially under heat soak temp conditions.
NO, I didn't buy it, my CC intercooler is late type they started fitting them standard unlike early units.

Cheers

Parksy
27th December 2013, 04:59 PM
Took advantage of Boxing Day sales and bought myself a new head unit. 65 bucks and I can hook my phone up to it and it actually makes sound and picks up radio.

NissanGQ4.2
27th December 2013, 06:04 PM
Finally done some mods underneath :):):)

38409 38410

just kidding

Warwick89
27th December 2013, 10:43 PM
Spent all day ripping the dash off again and the centre console looking for the home of two screws that I had left over after yesterday's effort lol, still have two leftover screws lol. Also wired in my wurton 5w pods on the back through to the free space next to sub tank switch.

Clunk
27th December 2013, 11:44 PM
Drove the old girl 600kms to Kalbarri and used 1.5 tanks of fuel (80lt tank). 15 minutes before reaching Geraldton, all of a sudden she started getting hot, pulled over and though the worst. Managed to burst the only bloody hose I didn't have a spare for, luckily the split wasn't to high up so was able to cut down the hose, filled up coolant, got into Geraldton and bought more and bought more spare hoses. A 6 hour drive ended up being 8 hours but thankfully the kids didn't arc up and remained well behaved, so was bloody happy with that.

Stropp
28th December 2013, 01:05 AM
Drove the old girl 600kms to Kalbarri and used 1.5 tanks of fuel (80lt tank). 15 minutes before reaching Geraldton, all of a sudden she started getting hot, pulled over and though the worst. Managed to burst the only bloody hose I didn't have a spare for, luckily the split wasn't to high up so was able to cut down the hose, filled up coolant, got into Geraldton and bought more and bought more spare hoses. A 6 hour drive ended up being 8 hours but thankfully the kids didn't arc up and remained well behaved, so was bloody happy with that.

Glad the old girl made it mate and the patrol as well :) hope the holiday is uneventful now.

menace 2
28th December 2013, 01:25 AM
Spent all day ripping the dash off again and the centre console looking for the home of two screws that I had left over after yesterday's effort lol, still have two leftover screws lol. Also wired in my wurton 5w pods on the back through to the free space next to sub tank switch.

I lost 2 putting the uhf in...I think they are mine !!..:D

TPC
28th December 2013, 07:42 AM

Have had screws left over before, I think there is some bastard going around throwing in extra screws when we are not looking, then sitting back laughing while we try to find locations for them.

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2013, 10:42 AM
Put it in low range to pull this s!cker out of my front yard......after a lot of hard yakka digging first!

38427 38428

Been that long since I have put it in 4wd I had 2 read the manual 2 find out how 2 lock the front hubs in *L*

growler2058
28th December 2013, 10:46 AM
That's a big arsed stump Toddie

I drove mine today...................................again! ;)

threedogs
28th December 2013, 11:00 AM
Just did the same pulling out a stump but used hi range and a chain.
two tugs and 3.5 ton of Patrol saw it come out easy, then just cut up
with chainsaw to suit the Conara in Manland.

Was going to start the second glove box but pushing 38 here today,
so hard to motivate.

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2013, 11:10 AM
That's a big arsed stump Toddie

I drove mine today...................................again! ;)

Big enough and bloody heavy, will need to attack it with the axe so I can get rid of it. Not today's job............. back still killing me from cutting down another tree yesterday. And its now beer drinking time :) my body doesn't handle physical work very well these days :(

Around 4 hrs of work yesterday cutting down a tree......and I thought I was on holidays! Tree was riddled with white ants. Had something a bit bigger than the patrol 2 help with yesterdays job :)

38430 38431 38432

38433 38434

Stropp
28th December 2013, 11:52 AM
make sure you poison those whiteants or they will just move to the next edible thing

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2013, 12:03 PM
make sure you poison those whiteants or they will just move to the next edible thing

Hopefully the big ass tree that I put them next 2......more firewood :):):)

Don't they die off in the sunlight?

Not at my place anyway so not my problem :)

Warwick89
28th December 2013, 12:07 PM
Have had screws left over before, I think there is some bastard going around throwing in extra screws when we are not looking, then sitting back laughing while we try to find locations for them.

Well his getting a good laugh at me then because I still have no idea lol

Malgreen
28th December 2013, 05:17 PM
well i did a few things to my truck in the last couple of days.
1. after drilling out and using an easy out ( not that easy,,lol ) i managed to get 3 broken bolts out so i can mount my new Armour plate ( the bit thats plastic in front of the front diff )
i have to tap a new thread in one bolt location due to the amount of drilling was required and i think one of the welded in bolts has come adrift after i did it up tight,, well it arent going anywhere anyway.
2. mounted my new rear view camera to the back of the roof rack ( now have to run the video feed to the lcd rear view screen ).
3. led lights in rear door ready for when i make my door table, i bought these lights ages ago and was going to use them under the driver and passenger seats to give more light around the feet when getting in and out of truck.
4.pulled out all the inside panels in the wagon area ready to re-wire my speakers and to run power cable through for when my 2 nd battery is installed.
5. new starting battery as i killed mine, it was old anyway and my mechanic told me ages ago to change it, took a flat battery to kill it.
6. new uhf antenna.

so its nice to be busy now if the weather will cool down abit i will get in to my RTT to install some led strips in there.

Bob
30th December 2013, 01:54 PM
Installed a Reversing Camera on the Van but I have connected it to the Park Lights so it can act as a Rear Vision Camera whilst travelling.
Just pull on the Park Lights and the Camera activates.
No more people sitting up my bum without me knowing. LOL

threedogs
30th December 2013, 02:59 PM
Forgot to ask Bob ,how does it compare to the last one tow wise??

Bob
30th December 2013, 03:05 PM
Forgot to ask Bob ,how does it compare to the last one tow wise??

It only weighs 1260 Kg's fully laden and I have since taken off the back Nudge Bar with Lockers which would take off a further 60 Kg's.

Unless you are going up a steep hill you don't notice it.

Ben-e-boy
30th December 2013, 03:13 PM
Drove it for the first time since October. 450km round trip,
Hit 300,000km too :) it's just run in.

Also picked up a gu turbo block, head, crank and cam.
I got some bonus things aswell with that purchase. A silver top block, 2 cranks, cam, flywheel, zd30 altenator, rd28 starter motor and a td05 turbo. For $500

93patrol
30th December 2013, 03:16 PM
Drove it for the first time since October. 450km round trip,
Hit 300,000km too :) it's just run in.

Also picked up a gu turbo block, head, crank and cam.
I got some bonus things aswell with that purchase. A silver top block, 2 cranks, cam, flywheel, zd30 altenator, rd28 starter motor and a td05 turbo. For $500

lucky prick

threedogs
30th December 2013, 03:35 PM
lucky prick

What he said lol

firm351
30th December 2013, 07:50 PM
Did the slowest ever hot lap of mount panorama.

And changed the oil and filter.

Dazzalco
30th December 2013, 08:13 PM
Took her out on to the beach tried to get bogged in some soft sand but the patrol didn't agree bloody love it for a 3ltr crd it goes hard

TPC
30th December 2013, 10:29 PM
Took her out on to the beach tried to get bogged in some soft sand but the patrol didn't agree bloody love it for a 3ltr crd it goes hard

If you were in one of those sluggish 4.2's you would have been bogged for sure.

Dazzalco
30th December 2013, 10:53 PM
The 3ltr crd really surprised me today never driven a 4.2 though

threedogs
31st December 2013, 08:19 AM
Stock td4.2 against stock TD 3lt. how far is the difference, flat road to 100kph
Going to be a great day to start the 2nd glove box,

jack
31st December 2013, 11:07 PM
Took it for it's toughest outing yet. Unfortunately spiked a tyre on a rock and worse than that pierced and tore the rear bumper on a stick. See my 'wanted to buy GU rear bumper' thread I'm about to put up.
Had fun and didn't need recovering and did recover a Toyota.

gaddy
1st January 2014, 08:11 PM
Used it , Mt Mee D'Aguilar Range38653

gaddy
2nd January 2014, 10:29 AM
$44 from nissan , free from the tuppa ware cupboard while the wife's at work 3866938671

BigRAWesty
2nd January 2014, 01:37 PM
$44 from nissan , free from the tuppa ware cupboard while the wife's at work 3866938671

Clever. But you can get rubber ones from eBay for bugga all and they wrap around the main lead..

gaddy
2nd January 2014, 02:21 PM
Clever. But you can get rubber ones from eBay for bugga all and they wrap around the main lead..

Yep but I still got that bugger all and problem solved :)

threedogs
2nd January 2014, 02:21 PM

They even make great waterproof junction boxes as well

gaddy
2nd January 2014, 02:24 PM
They even make great waterproof junction boxes as well

Yep thats what I use all the time a $ in my pocket is better then someone else's

gaddy
3rd January 2014, 11:48 AM
Another shed scrap project and it cost nuthin to 3870938710

threedogs
3rd January 2014, 11:52 AM
I'd make a table for the door but I'd never use it,
but the last few days been playing with my 2nd glove box

gaddy
3rd January 2014, 12:17 PM
I got a air bag in the front , oh and also one in the dash lol

oncedisturbed
3rd January 2014, 06:15 PM
Snapped my shivel in half, when the holder and my roof rack...grrrr4. Damn shops dropped their height limit for the 2nd time in as many weeks and didnt realise.

GQ TANK
3rd January 2014, 07:15 PM
Fixed loose carby, replaced faulty exhaust and done the tappets- BiG difference, more power and very quite.

Dinger
4th January 2014, 12:13 AM
Replaced the pan hard rod bushes.

FNQGU
4th January 2014, 10:32 PM
Just about finished installing a Redarc BMS1215 into the GU. Thanks Cuppa for the assistance too. Been a very satisfying learning curve. Hopefully it works with the slight modifications planned.

2TROLLFAM
5th January 2014, 05:39 PM
Put new stereo in

Brad currently making bracket for the dual battery - bloody thing won't move that's for sure ....

And I just found this !!!! Not happy - suppose to be going on holidays camping for 2 weeks next Sunday. The hose was loose so FINGERS CROSSED that was the cause if this weeks black smoke & lack of power. If however the intercooler is F'd then I'm screwed ....38800

Stropp
5th January 2014, 07:45 PM
Put new stereo in

Brad currently making bracket for the dual battery - bloody thing won't move that's for sure ....

And I just found this !!!! Not happy - suppose to be going on holidays camping for 2 weeks next Sunday. The hose was loose so FINGERS CROSSED that was the cause if this weeks black smoke & lack of power. If however the intercooler is F'd then I'm screwed ....38800

Would it not still be under warranty or did you buy privately?

2TROLLFAM
5th January 2014, 10:13 PM
Naaaa stat 2nd hand warranty has expired. Only had it a couple of months. Found loose hose, tightened it up & drove home from Brads (25mins) with no smoke after about 10mins and more power so I'm FINGERS CROSSED it was just that. Work for a car dealership (no didn't buy from work) so going to get boys in workshop to check it out tomorrow

bear3103
5th January 2014, 11:14 PM
Did all the oil and filters,started fitting dual battery system and autron gauges into pillar pod and sorting out the wiring. Took cover off IC and realized its shagged (factory pressed end crap) so will order one from fleabay this week. And looked and planned on the fitting and setup of my Dawes valve and needle valve.

Stropp
6th January 2014, 12:54 AM
Naaaa stat 2nd hand warranty has expired. Only had it a couple of months. Found loose hose, tightened it up & drove home from Brads (25mins) with no smoke after about 10mins and more power so I'm FINGERS CROSSED it was just that. Work for a car dealership (no didn't buy from work) so going to get boys in workshop to check it out tomorrow
Get them to take the intercooler and pipes off and wash the oil residue out so it can work properly or the oil will reduce the efficiency of the intercooler.

macca
6th January 2014, 03:52 PM
I have a hearing problem, it really is a PITA. I can not hear if there is too much background noise, I don't go to the pub anymore as I simply can't communicate. Like I said a PITA.

Driving the car creates another problem, I leave the indicators on as I can't hear the noise of the flasher. so today I bought 2 diodes and a 12volt beeper.

A wire was run from the positive to each indicator back to each of the diodes on the stripe side, join the other side of the diodes together connect to the beepers positive then earth the negative. Wrapped a bit of foam around it to stop it rattling and put it in the cavity beside the accelerator pedal.

The diodes stop the right side indicators turning on the left side and Visa - Versa or you could simply use two beepers.

Anyway it works a treat even with the music loud.

FNQGU
6th January 2014, 08:37 PM
I have a hearing problem, it really is a PITA. I can not hear if there is too much background noise, I don't go to the pub anymore as I simply can't communicate. Like I said a PITA.

Driving the car creates another problem, I leave the indicators on as I can't hear the noise of the flasher. so today I bought 2 diodes and a 12volt beeper.

A wire was run from the positive to each indicator back to each of the diodes on the stripe side, join the other side of the diodes together connect to the beepers positive then earth the negative. Wrapped a bit of foam around it to stop it rattling and put it in the cavity beside the accelerator pedal.

The diodes stop the right side indicators turning on the left side and Visa - Versa or you could simply use two beepers.

Anyway it works a treat even with the music loud.

Where there's a will there is a way - good one Macca! Sounds like a workable solution for that problem.

Hodge
6th January 2014, 08:44 PM
I made and fitted a custom air-curtain for my cargo barrier. Bought some flexi clear PVC from bunnings and cut it to shape, fold it over and zippy-tied around the edges. Will help keep the occupied portion of the car cooler, especially considering we have a baby at the back.

Woof
6th January 2014, 09:23 PM
Yesterday I finally got the roof top tent out of the dining room and onto the Q, got it off Tim when he moved to Darwin.

FNQGU
6th January 2014, 11:01 PM
Finished rooting around with the overhead console and UHF install. Not a huge amount of storage in it, but they are certainly a good place to get the radio mounted up and out of the way.

MEGOMONSTER
7th January 2014, 12:11 AM
Finished rooting around with the overhead console and UHF install. Not a huge amount of storage in it, but they are certainly a good place to get the radio mounted up and out of the way.

Pics please.

FNQGU
7th January 2014, 10:20 AM
Pics please.

Will pop a couple back in the other thread.

FNQGU
8th January 2014, 02:40 PM
Finished reading one of Collyn Rivers' books on camper trailers and 12V wiring and immediately shortened my Fridge cable to bring the voltage drop back to an acceptable 0.11V. I was going to change the cable to 8B&S, but shortening my currently installed 6mm Auto wire was sufficient.

To explain - My fridge cable is 6mm auto cable (4mm2 of copper conductor), and I had 5 meters of twin flex running from the Aux battery to the fridge plug in the cargo area. This included a rolled up spare length of 2m tucked away in the rear quarter panel in case I ever changed my mind and wanted the fridge on the other side of the cargo area. My fridge cable is earthed back to the Aux battery, which effectively meant this was a 10m long circuit. By cutting off the spare 2m of twin flex, I effectively made it a 6m circuit.

I also have a single strip LED light running from the same circuit. Therefore total load when my 40 litre fridge compressor is running at full speed (~4 Amps) and the LED strip is on (0.3 Amps) is 4.3A. Lets call it 4.5A for roundings sake.

Therefore according to the equation to work out Voltage drop, 6m (conductor length) x 4.5A (load) x 0.17 (an ISO standard) = 0.459. 0.459 divided by the conductor area of 4mm2 = 0.11475. Apparently a voltage drop of anywhere from 0.1V to 0.15V is acceptable.

Prior to shortening my cable my voltage drop would have been around 0.19V, a little too high.

My joins are all soldered and the fridge plug is an Anderson plug. Theoretically there is probably some voltage loss in there somewhere too, but I'm not going to bother counting it as I think it would be pretty minor.

Anyway, thought some might find this an interesting exercise for their own vehicles.

emm
8th January 2014, 10:07 PM
Finally got the rear door diner from DCM customs on the troll, looks fantastic and when we went to port Campbell for a day trip I had a few admiring glances :D

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

mudski
8th January 2014, 11:46 PM
Pics brother...

mudski
8th January 2014, 11:48 PM
Finished reading one of Collyn Rivers' books on camper trailers and 12V wiring and immediately shortened my Fridge cable to bring the voltage drop back to an acceptable 0.11V. I was going to change the cable to 8B&S, but shortening my currently installed 6mm Auto wire was sufficient.

To explain - My fridge cable is 6mm auto cable (4mm2 of copper conductor), and I had 5 meters of twin flex running from the Aux battery to the fridge plug in the cargo area. This included a rolled up spare length of 2m tucked away in the rear quarter panel in case I ever changed my mind and wanted the fridge on the other side of the cargo area. My fridge cable is earthed back to the Aux battery, which effectively meant this was a 10m long circuit. By cutting off the spare 2m of twin flex, I effectively made it a 6m circuit.

I also have a single strip LED light running from the same circuit. Therefore total load when my 40 litre fridge compressor is running at full speed (~4 Amps) and the LED strip is on (0.3 Amps) is 4.3A. Lets call it 4.5A for roundings sake.

Therefore according to the equation to work out Voltage drop, 6m (conductor length) x 4.5A (load) x 0.17 (an ISO standard) = 0.459. 0.459 divided by the conductor area of 4mm2 = 0.11475. Apparently a voltage drop of anywhere from 0.1V to 0.15V is acceptable.

Prior to shortening my cable my voltage drop would have been around 0.19V, a little too high.

My joins are all soldered and the fridge plug is an Anderson plug. Theoretically there is probably some voltage loss in there somewhere too, but I'm not going to bother counting it as I think it would be pretty minor.

Anyway, thought some might find this an interesting exercise for their own vehicles.

I was told by an auto elec that anything up to .4v is o.k. Obviously the lower the better of course. ..

FNQGU
9th January 2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah, lower the better or you are effectively reducing usable capacity of your battery by whatever your voltage drop is.

Stropp
9th January 2014, 09:30 PM
Got the turbo and inter cooler on just need to get it tuned now, it also has a very low whistle when she is on boost.

Ian2011
9th January 2014, 09:37 PM
Cleaned out all of the crap from two kids, two dogs and a wife after travelling from Albury to Innisfail and then on to Darwin, there was enough food hidden in places you thought you could never store stuff to have a three course meal.

PS Chey ran sweet as for 7400 km.

BigRAWesty
10th January 2014, 05:29 AM
Cleaned out all of the crap from two kids, two dogs and a wife after travelling from Albury to Innisfail and then on to Darwin, there was enough food hidden in places you thought you could never store stuff to have a three course meal.

PS Chey ran sweet as for 7400 km.

What sorta mileage are you getting as a tourer for your rig with the Chevy??

megatexture
10th January 2014, 05:39 PM
Went into superior and bought some coil retainers and drop out cones now to work out what length shock to get, cant wait

Hodge
10th January 2014, 05:46 PM
Nearly doused it in petrol and set the f'in thing on fire out of frustration. Melbourne 33C today, driving home around 4pm was so frustrating. Felt like a slug, with 5 tonnes of anchors being dragged behind it. Air con off and I even took it easy. Taking off at some lights, I even contemplated putting in 4-low to get it moving.
EGT's are as per usual, temp gauge sitting on exactly half like always, yet it absolutely hates being driven when warm, and in turn I hate driving it when warm. Don't know whats going on.
Rant over. Time for a beer.

Stropp
10th January 2014, 07:21 PM
time to check the fan hub and clean the radiator methinks she may be semi limp mode due to getting hot. temp gauge is notorious for not being accurate.

Hodge
10th January 2014, 09:12 PM
time to check the fan hub and clean the radiator methinks she may be semi limp mode due to getting hot. temp gauge is notorious for not being accurate.

Yeh gonna do that, as well as fit the catch can and clean out the IC this weekend me thinks. My trol is formerly of Coober pedy according to the books, so all that dust and hot weather probably cooked it already.
When you say the gauge is inaccurate, is it the gauge faulty or the sender?? Would a proper pod gauge be more accurate?

Stropp
10th January 2014, 09:37 PM
When you say the gauge is inaccurate, Would a proper pod gauge be more accurate?

Yeh mate it's just the crap setup, a digital or aftermarket one would be better, I'm looking at a digital gauge myself.

93patrol
11th January 2014, 12:02 AM
Nearly doused it in petrol and set the f'in thing on fire out of frustration. Melbourne 33C today, driving home around 4pm was so frustrating. Felt like a slug, with 5 tonnes of anchors being dragged behind it. Air con off and I even took it easy. Taking off at some lights, I even contemplated putting in 4-low to get it moving.
EGT's are as per usual, temp gauge sitting on exactly half like always, yet it absolutely hates being driven when warm, and in turn I hate driving it when warm. Don't know whats going on.
Rant over. Time for a beer.

Inter cooler not cooling the air down properly. Might need a fan on it

rustbucket89
11th January 2014, 05:53 PM
After having a towbar on my troll for 3 months, I finally got around to hooking up the trailer harness to it.

boots
11th January 2014, 11:19 PM
Service and grease today. Then filled the back of the wagon with house reno rubbish to take to the tip.

mudski
12th January 2014, 12:22 AM
ditch the shitty scoop hodge. They catch no air at all.

gaddy
12th January 2014, 09:14 PM
Used it again , took the family to mt tamborine glow worm caves and markets , ended up at orielys , and home down duck creek road , seems we are spending more time 4wd touring than fishing and boating !
How does this happen ? Lol

mudski
14th January 2014, 12:16 AM
Installed an extra thermo on the air con condensor. Now my car sounds like a rattly jet with the a/c on...Also blocked out the two side rear windows.
I also whispered sweet nothings to her about how she's going in for a transplant this year and we got all excited. Again.

93patrol
14th January 2014, 12:56 AM
wired up a new am/fm aerial off my front bar and put on a new 6.6dbi uhf antenna

Stropp
15th January 2014, 01:11 AM
Swapped the 35's back to 33 at's , boy does that make it a powerfull weapon :)

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 10:51 AM
Swapped the 35's back to 33 at's , boy does that make it a powerfull weapon :)

But doesn't look like it anymore. Lollllll

BigRAWesty
15th January 2014, 10:55 AM
wired up a new am/fm aerial off my front bar and put on a new 6.6dbi uhf antenna

Pics.. And what did you do with the old Mount hole?

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 10:59 AM
Went for drive on a dirt road in Torquay and got to the end and found this. Lol

Stropp
15th January 2014, 11:22 AM

is that Pauls Beach (RLI) lol

Stropp
15th January 2014, 11:23 AM
But doesn't look like it anymore. Lollllll

yes it looks a bit bit wimpy now.

threedogs
15th January 2014, 11:23 AM
Tell me you didn't.
Went for a drive this morning Air con still nice and frosty

MEGOMONSTER
15th January 2014, 11:29 AM
Tell me you didn't.
Went for a drive this morning Air con still nice and frosty

Nah went yesterday teaching a learner driver.

93patrol
15th January 2014, 04:43 PM

I left the old aerial on the panel for now. And mounted both aerials on the front bar

PMC
15th January 2014, 04:47 PM
is that Pauls Beach (RLI) lol

Good one mate,

ill pay that!

PS, how is the turbo going, what tune did you get and what PSI are you running?

Regards,

RLI

Ian2011
15th January 2014, 06:06 PM
New windscreen, I can see clearly now the crack has gone, hmmm could make a song out of that.

Hodge
15th January 2014, 06:11 PM
Open it's doors before, to let some fresh air, then locked it back up. 3rd day in a row I refuse to drive the thing.

Dales300exc
15th January 2014, 06:19 PM
Looked at it muddy sitting on the same spot of front lawn (dirt) it has been for 3 weeks. Thought it really needs a wash and then walked inside and had a beer.

Stropp
15th January 2014, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE=RLI;468848]Good one mate,

ill pay that!

PS, how is the turbo going, what tune did you get and what PSI are you running?

she goes rel well and it still has the tune matt put in for the std turbo so expect more when i get it tuned, psi went from 14 to 15 without changing any settings.

Stropp
15th January 2014, 06:38 PM
got my solar panel back mounted to the frame, looks good and can be opened from both sides and is gas strut assisted, will sit on the roof rack in front of the tent.

FNQGU
15th January 2014, 07:34 PM
So that frame mounts to the rack and lets you angle it up and forward or up and to the rear, is that right? Nice work.

Is the frame a bought one or a custom job?

growler2058
15th January 2014, 07:40 PM
Sweated my nut sack out all over the seats in 45 degree heat and no A/C

Parksy
15th January 2014, 09:07 PM
Put the last coat of paint on the bonnet, looking schmick! Painted the air vent section behind the bonnet. Also removed left and right front quarter panels, will rub them back tomorrow and paint.

megatexture
15th January 2014, 09:37 PM
Got a service done and rear sway bar fixed for the third time and got the aircon quoted on .. ... I'll be fitting disconnects and armada extreams once I work out the max length I can run

Stropp
15th January 2014, 09:43 PM
So that frame mounts to the rack and lets you angle it up and forward or up and to the rear, is that right? Nice work.

Is the frame a bought one or a custom job?

The frame bolts to the roof rack and is Custom and will lift to the front of the vehicle, did this to avoid stone damage rather than have it permanently lifted.

Sonterr
16th January 2014, 08:33 PM
Received a new set of Dobinson 4" shocks in the mail, to be installed next week though :(

Also attempted to get my slider bolts off to start cleaning them up but are rust stuck like anything.. Be reaching for the grinder soon!

Hodge
16th January 2014, 09:04 PM
Another piece of NADS arrived today. Will have to wait till temps drop a bit until fitting and IC cleaning.

megatexture
16th January 2014, 09:24 PM
Fitted new terminals on my aux battery and changed the hoses to my catch can as one was starting to split and leak ..

FNQGU
16th January 2014, 10:03 PM
Ran some extra wires into the roof console for upcoming install of a couple of red LED lights to save the night vision when the Nav wants another beer... Found I am missing a couple of rubber grommets in the firewall cabling holes too. Another job on the list...

Also found a shocker of a wiring job by the car audio mob who installed the reverse camera! Some of these blokes should be shot. Twisted wire and electrical tape connection...my nine year old could have done better.

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

93patrol
17th January 2014, 09:44 AM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/68F1AB64-451B-49BF-8AA0-649733CEF825_zpsyqpwuftw.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/68F1AB64-451B-49BF-8AA0-649733CEF825_zpsyqpwuftw.jpg.html)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/ABF1D136-8FD9-42CD-AD26-B7786F707E88_zpsvijp7v9l.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/ABF1D136-8FD9-42CD-AD26-B7786F707E88_zpsvijp7v9l.jpg.html)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/06F70146-B2A2-4B5B-8425-A71CA46D8C07_zpsapydtw80.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/06F70146-B2A2-4B5B-8425-A71CA46D8C07_zpsapydtw80.jpg.html)

93patrol
17th January 2014, 09:46 AM
^^^^^ for those that wanted to see the aerial mount

BigRAWesty
17th January 2014, 10:39 AM
^^^^^ for those that wanted to see the aerial mount

Thanks mate.

XT43
19th January 2014, 12:19 AM
Finally got around to fixing my front and rear washer pumps.

Bought these

http://bit.ly/13W1Fcu

Plug in and play. Hopefully last a while.

Winnie
19th January 2014, 08:49 AM
Drove it on the beach

growler2058
19th January 2014, 08:51 AM
Drove it on the beach

That was yesterday NOB

Winnie
19th January 2014, 09:08 AM
That was yesterday NOB

I hate Facebook! Hahahaha

Drewboyaus
19th January 2014, 11:49 AM
Started packing it for next weekend.

Drewboyaus
19th January 2014, 02:16 PM
What do I need to bring for "roast night"? I will have my 4.5qt camp oven.
Do you want us to bring veggies?

Drewboyaus
19th January 2014, 02:44 PM
Bloody random MC posts.....

BigRAWesty
19th January 2014, 03:03 PM
Put under body protection in the rear wheel arches.
Geeze it's messy sticky shoit!!!
Other arm is a lil better..

growler2058
19th January 2014, 03:40 PM
Bwahahahahahahhahahahahha what are you going to get that off with?

BigRAWesty
19th January 2014, 04:01 PM
lots and lots of scrubbing with solvol...

BigRAWesty
19th January 2014, 05:38 PM
Just started the re fit of the draws after discovering all of my rust is non accessible from the inside.
There is no access to the rear outter skin of the roof, which is a pita...

Avo
19th January 2014, 06:52 PM
Replaced tapper cover gasket,fix a couple of electrical issues(fixed rpm sensor wire but cannot get temp gauge to work.....karput)fixed leg on awning...car dash still in pieces but need to order a part....

I should add that good old rusty helped aswell...good job having a T/A

Rustyboner81
19th January 2014, 07:09 PM
Replaced tapper cover gasket,fix a couple of electrical issues(fixed rpm sensor wire but cannot get fuel gauge to work.....karput)fixed leg on awning...car dash still in pieces but need to order a part....

Fuel gauge or temp gauge?

Dales300exc
19th January 2014, 07:45 PM
Bought some flogged simexs to see how 35s fit.

BigRAWesty
19th January 2014, 08:33 PM
Bought some flogged simexs to see how 35s fit.

Nice. What lift is that?? Any scrub??

Dales300exc
19th January 2014, 09:01 PM
Rears look like they should clear ok. Still heaps of room in rear guard before they hit in that pic bearing in mind it still has a fair bit of flex left in it. But they are probably 20mm bigger when new. Fronts will be fine with radius spacers. Its a basic 3 inch lift.

Still a substantial increase from my 33 mtzs

Sonterr
19th January 2014, 09:33 PM
Fitted my LH rear lights unit which my car seller ordered for me, turns out the bracket and globes weren't stuffed as he said but instead the wiring to the lights are just f*#ked..
All my interior lights also stopped working to.. joy.. I hate electrics.

gaddy
19th January 2014, 09:54 PM
Worked out why my break light fuse kept on blowing , just nicked a wire to the barn door brake light when I put the table on DOH

timbar
20th January 2014, 02:50 AM
Dropped the patrol at the lpg repairer today to get my tank tested and re stamped ...... Next step is the pits and should pass first time woo HOO should be back on the road by the end of the week all goes well !!!!!

Rumcajs
20th January 2014, 08:15 PM
Replaced dodgy IC fan temp switch (I really need to do something about that adjustable unit I have built from Jaycar)

and

Added another earth lead/strap, never enough on Patrol, LOL

Cheers

BigRAWesty
20th January 2014, 08:57 PM
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/68F1AB64-451B-49BF-8AA0-649733CEF825_zpsyqpwuftw.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/68F1AB64-451B-49BF-8AA0-649733CEF825_zpsyqpwuftw.jpg.html)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/ABF1D136-8FD9-42CD-AD26-B7786F707E88_zpsvijp7v9l.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/ABF1D136-8FD9-42CD-AD26-B7786F707E88_zpsvijp7v9l.jpg.html)
http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b500/93patrol/06F70146-B2A2-4B5B-8425-A71CA46D8C07_zpsapydtw80.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/93patrol/media/06F70146-B2A2-4B5B-8425-A71CA46D8C07_zpsapydtw80.jpg.html)

Also out of curiosity what style of aerial did you use? Stranded cb one or is there a propper am fm one??

Rears look like they should clear ok. Still heaps of room in rear guard before they hit in that pic bearing in mind it still has a fair bit of flex left in it. But they are probably 20mm bigger when new. Fronts will be fine with radius spacers. Its a basic 3 inch lift.

Still a substantial increase from my 33 mtzs

Just watch out with radius spacers that the panhard bolt doesn't collect the steering Rod when flexing..
I Did read somewhere here of this happening when they fitted drop boxes and got sent spacing drop boxes..

Shaun 4x4
20th January 2014, 09:07 PM
Drove mine for the first time in two months. Lol

Agronaught
20th January 2014, 10:22 PM
Finally installed the new MAF sensor and went for a run. It's definitely running better, lower rpms for more speed, and I think better economy (thank god!). Too soon to tell for sure though.

sooty_10
21st January 2014, 08:13 AM
Also out of curiosity what style of aerial did you use? Stranded cb one or is there a propper am fm one??

Just watch out with radius spacers that the panhard bolt doesn't collect the steering Rod when flexing..
I Did read somewhere here of this happening when they fitted drop boxes and got sent spacing drop boxes..

Mate there is specific am/fm ones I put a gme one on my bullbar for that exact purpose too.

mudnut
23rd January 2014, 06:15 PM
Have had trouble with fumes coming in the rear barn doors after heavy acceleration for ages so have been saving up for new seals. Today I bought some self adhesive foam tape. After cleaning the door seals with turps, I applied the tape. I have tried, to adjust the door catch as far as it would go, but it was still a little loose. To remedy that, I undid the bottom loop and replaced it 180 degrees. I took the Old Trol for a test run. The doors shut tighter and don't move at all now and the fumes are almost totally gone. Now to check the exhaust system...

Patrol-Guy
24th January 2014, 08:35 PM
Worked a 12hr shift and then discovered my battery had died, so 1hr and $223 later I was back on the road.

Antznz
25th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Replaced coolant in the Y60. Engine drain plug completely seized……..Bugger……. ended up draining radiator then refilling running and re draining a few times to try and flush the block…. Lets see how that works…..

Just want to say that the manuals are great… That engine drain plug might as well just be another hex bolt, but thanks to the manual it was found within a minute….Awesome

MEGOMONSTER
25th January 2014, 05:22 PM
Changed my road wheels over to my BFG muddies.
Just for a bit of change.
25 mins and all five tyres changed over.
Also bought myself a trolley jack.

BigRAWesty
25th January 2014, 06:04 PM
Gave mine a once over.
Checked fluids, nuts bolts, and put the draw system back in for Monday..

menace 2
28th January 2014, 03:17 AM
fitted new mesh stone guards to headlights ....late yesterday now.

Patrol-Guy
28th January 2014, 07:27 AM
Discovered the hazard blinkers were not working. Couldn't find a fuse under the dash and so after a search of the forum, I found out the fuse is under the bonnet. Replaced blown fuse and all is goog again.😄

liftlid
28th January 2014, 07:32 AM

Don't get too excited it's usually full of old blokes having a pull!!! , it's funny to see the look on their faces when we come out of the surf after diving the wreck!

MEGOMONSTER
28th January 2014, 08:29 AM
Don't get too excited it's usually full of old blokes having a pull!!! , it's funny to see the look on their faces when we come out of the surf after diving the wreck!

There would have been about 50 cars in that car park that day.

liftlid
28th January 2014, 08:35 AM
How many people on beach?
Most disappear into dunes

MEGOMONSTER
28th January 2014, 12:34 PM
How many people on beach?
Most disappear into dunes

I was with a seventeen year old girl learner driving. I don't think her parents would have appreciated me taking her onto the beach.
We u-turned very quickly.

threedogs
28th January 2014, 02:06 PM
Discovered the hazard blinkers were not working. Couldn't find a fuse under the dash and so after a search of the forum, I found out the fuse is under the bonnet. Replaced blown fuse and all is goog again.��

You may find when towing if you flick on the hazard lights you'll blow a fuse, if it was 10amp up it to 15amp and problem solved, just a GU thing

TimE
28th January 2014, 02:37 PM
You may find when towing if you lick on the hazard lights you'll blow a fuse, if it was 10amp up it to 15amp and problem solved, jts a GU thing

Yep, this is an issue particularly if you have a trailer attached, the extra lights on the trailer seem to add just enough to exceed the 10 amp fuse capacity. Replacing fuse with a 15 amp fuse will solve the problem. I have done this after discussing with two separate auto lecs who are both of the opinion that the existing wiring is more than capable of taking the 15 amp fused load.

boosh
3rd February 2014, 07:15 PM
New 3 core radiator went in today!

Also cleaned up a bit of wiring.

mudski
4th February 2014, 10:37 PM
Blew an IC hose whilst hooning along Eastlink this arvo. Scared the bejesus out of me.

timbar
4th February 2014, 10:40 PM
Got my patrol licensed for WA time for some mods now !!!

Drew
5th February 2014, 01:17 PM
Finally stuck a reversing camera on (too many arguments :()

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 03:31 PM
Getting my Cb mic plug in point fixed.
The plastic lugs that hold it in sheared off.

Drew
5th February 2014, 04:39 PM
Getting my Cb mic plug in point fixed.
The plastic lugs that hold it in sheared off.
Too much shenanigans in the front seat :)

Patrol-Guy
5th February 2014, 06:22 PM
Today - had the after market tail lights wired up. They do look good..

Tomorrow - 5x275/65R17 BFGoodrich A/T tyres. Yummmmmy.

BigRAWesty
5th February 2014, 06:30 PM
Found a leak in the rear window spray hose where it hinges with the door.
It kept draining my bottle..
So I need to pull the bloody draws out again to replace the hose..

Also where is this valve that leaks?? Might as well do it at the same time..

happygu
5th February 2014, 07:18 PM
Added my new swaybar links....

Went for a wheel through the Pyrenees State Forest scoping out plans for a trip...lots of fun

Mic

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 10:51 PM
Too much shenanigans in the front seat :)

I don't think I could do it in the front seat. PML.

rafa
5th February 2014, 11:50 PM
Fitted James Baroud Grand Evo roof top tent. Haven't tried it that's next week. :)

macca
6th February 2014, 06:09 AM
Fitted James Baroud Grand Evo roof top tent. Haven't tried it that's next week. :)

You will be very pleased with it

threedogs
6th February 2014, 07:07 AM

If they are anything like the Magniollini pop top you'll be very impressed I'm sure

macca
6th February 2014, 03:33 PM
I reckon they are better TD, a few features put them ahead.
The struts holding the top up are strong, ended up fitting grab handles to make it easier.
Ours is a Evo Espace and we are really happy with it.

nissannewby
6th February 2014, 04:18 PM
Looks like a good setup there Macca.

macca
6th February 2014, 04:24 PM
Looks like a good setup there Macca.

By the time that photo was taken we were well organised :trink13: It would have been beer-o'clock in one of the nicest campsites in the bush. 6.18 by the time stamp, plus 3 hours for Eastern time.

growler2058
9th February 2014, 02:30 PM
Replaced my A/C condenser that looked like this has a huge hole in it somewhere. And gave my radiator a clean it had sooooooo much loveday stuck in it that ya can't see until ya take the condenser out took 10 mins with the hose till mud stopped coming out

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Skeptic36
9th February 2014, 05:56 PM
Modified a tow bar to fit. Oops you not spose to say that out loud are you?

MEGOMONSTER
9th February 2014, 08:57 PM
Modified a tow bar to fit. Oops you not spose to say that out loud are you?

It's ok, no one heard.

gaddy
9th February 2014, 09:06 PM
Cleaned out half the Glasshouse mountains, put rear wing tail light back in, remounted the rear wing and 3 mud flaps. 40436

megatexture
9th February 2014, 10:26 PM
I roughly pointed a hose at it so the missus won't get muddy getting in it tomorrow going to work lol

Clunk
9th February 2014, 10:52 PM
loaded the car with kids and missus, turned the key and cheered to a wonderful sound of sweet FA....... tried again.... nothing. Jiggled auto gears...... tried again....... still nothing. Swore at it..... still nothing.

Unloaded the kids an missus and jumped in her shit box Honda Jazz instead....... turned key, fired first time. Swore at it. Drove off to meet friends for bbq and drinks at a park.

Few hours later, got home. Jumped into GQ, turned key, still nada. Could hear relays switching but head lights, central locking not working. Checked battery voltage, all sweet. Proceeded to check all fuses, all good. Swore more, gave up and called RAC.
They arrived half hour later while I was mowing the lawn. He turned key.... nothing but clicks. Takes of live battery terminal, cleans with round wire brush, replaces, tightens, then asks me to turn key. I turn key and the bastard fires up no problem, I swear more because I now feel like a complete prick..................

Moral of the story........ if you're an incompetent fool like me, join the RAC.

93patrol
9th February 2014, 11:16 PM
And if at first it doesn't start check the terminals hey clunk

93patrol
9th February 2014, 11:17 PM
Went for a drive with Fry out to Wokalup and found a great little track which will be better in the wet

Clunk
9th February 2014, 11:21 PM
And if at first it doesn't start check the terminals hey clunk

Hahah yeah that too......... I checked everything but those damn it

93patrol
9th February 2014, 11:24 PM
Don't feel bad mate I had mine go at Maccas drive thru had to get a couple of workers to push me the whole way through before I could sort it out

Clunk
9th February 2014, 11:28 PM
Well ya live and learn hey mate lmao

Stropp
9th February 2014, 11:33 PM

What can I say :) lol

Stropp
9th February 2014, 11:34 PM
Btw I'm in the rac too :icon_bonk:

Bob
10th February 2014, 07:25 AM
Well yesterday actually.

Been having a bit of trouble with Electric Windows so pulled out all of the Switches and drowned them in MAF Cleaner.

Now all Windows work perfectly.

Drew
10th February 2014, 04:01 PM
loaded the car with kids and missus, turned the key and cheered to a wonderful sound of sweet FA....... tried again.... nothing. Jiggled auto gears...... tried again....... still nothing. Swore at it..... still nothing.

Unloaded the kids an missus and jumped in her shit box Honda Jazz instead....... turned key, fired first time. Swore at it. Drove off to meet friends for bbq and drinks at a park.

Few hours later, got home. Jumped into GQ, turned key, still nada. Could hear relays switching but head lights, central locking not working. Checked battery voltage, all sweet. Proceeded to check all fuses, all good. Swore more, gave up and called RAC.
They arrived half hour later while I was mowing the lawn. He turned key.... nothing but clicks. Takes of live battery terminal, cleans with round wire brush, replaces, tightens, then asks me to turn key. I turn key and the bastard fires up no problem, I swear more because I now feel like a complete prick..................

And here I was waiting for you to say you still had it in "D" :( :)

Clunk
10th February 2014, 04:04 PM
And here I was waiting for you to say you still had it in "D" :( :)

I said incompetent fool, not "total forkwit" ;):D

89gqpatrol4x4
10th February 2014, 08:13 PM

I did exactly the same a few years back, called out racq he cleaned terminals and clamps and bobs your uncle. I felt like the biggest d*ck, NEVER AGAIN lol

Clunk
10th February 2014, 08:56 PM
I did exactly the same a few years back, called out racq he cleaned terminals and clamps and bobs your uncle. I felt like the biggest d*ck, NEVER AGAIN lol

Well its nice to see I'm not the only one... Thanks for owning up and sharing ;):D:thumbup:

Stropp
11th February 2014, 09:46 PM
Bought some recaro expert seats, got them from a fellow western patrol club member.

think i may cover them with leather just to make mego jealous lol

Clunk
11th February 2014, 09:59 PM
Bought some recaro expert seats, got them from a fellow western patrol club member.

Very nice Score indeed Stropp. Just watch your jewels when sliding in and out of those lol

Stropp
11th February 2014, 10:17 PM
Very nice Score indeed Stropp. Just watch your jewels when sliding in and out of those lol

Ewan tells me it's the rear that needs to be careful of.

Figjam
11th February 2014, 10:43 PM
If you aren't careful you can get your rse stuck half way :-/

Clunk
11th February 2014, 10:43 PM
Ewan tells me it's the rear that needs to be careful of.

Guess it must be in relation to your height lol

agius91
11th February 2014, 10:54 PM
Gave it the brand new treatment, wash..claybar..polish..and wax. Looks like I picked it up from the dealership today.

Clunk
11th February 2014, 10:58 PM

Hahaha I can just picture it now

Clunk
11th February 2014, 10:59 PM
Gave it the brand new treatment, wash..claybar..polish..and wax. Looks like I picked it up from the dealership today.

Fancy doing mine?????? Lol

mudski
11th February 2014, 11:00 PM

Thats good if you have an itch though;)

mudski
11th February 2014, 11:01 PM
As for me i havent touched mine in over a week. Its killing me.