Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Tigerz 11

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @ BeniC and others it may pay to block up any holes you see with silastic or similar before you get the rack wet.
    That's where the rust will flow out of and all over your paint work. Just a heads up other than that I reckon you have a bargain
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well after my original post and the replies i ended up with a roo systems bar and winch. have had both installed and have taken it out on the tracks a few weeks ago. the winch got some unexpected use and had no problems. Not that i can compare to any other winch, but considering i was by myself with no one with in coo-ee, was very happy.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to beexy For This Useful Post:

Avo (7th January 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a side and rear awning, very good quality. Only problem was there was no way to attach rear awning without fabricating own brackets.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At risk of weighing into an argument that I shouldn't be. Some products out of arb, tjm and other accessory companies, in my research, are still made overseas. ARBs bar work seems to be mostly here or thailand. I think the difference is most likely the quality control is of higher standards from more brand name (re: more expensive) companies when they get their product made overseas.

I have a tigerz winch. Which hasn't faulted. I just purchased a tigerz compressor, which is identical to about half a dozen other compressors that are all branded differently.

Ive bought a $400 steel rack off ebay that is brilliant and a third of the cost of arb, which im sure is a great product. I also just bought a $210 awning off ebay, that appears identical to tigerz, roo systems. Most likely another rebranded product.

While I do agree bar work is important, and arbs is about as sexy as it comes, I also enjoy finding a good deal, and will never say I wont buy it due to it being a cheaper product.

Happy tigerz customer, that also owns more expensive gear.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dales300exc For This Useful Post:

BigRAWesty (7th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,751 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arb do spend a lot on R&D. This I would think would count for some of the above costs.

In my eye's Its the finer things which you pay the money for.
    Like perfect bar fitment every time.
    Items finished to a higher standard so you don't get rusty water running down your car.
    Or that awning being 20gsm heavier material to ensure it won't tear.

Sure Arb and other big names have issues, but you don't hear about them like the cheaper brands.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRAWesty For This Useful Post:

Dales300exc (7th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Sure Arb and other big names have issues, but you don't hear about them like the cheaper brands.
    But why dont we?? Everyone is so quick to flame an up and comer or a cheaper product if the customer isnt happy, im almost certain there are unhappy arb customers, why dont we hear about that?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lhurley For This Useful Post:

Dales300exc (7th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    But why dont we?? Everyone is so quick to flame an up and comer or a cheaper product if the customer isnt happy, im almost certain there are unhappy arb customers, why dont we hear about that?
    unlike the tigerz,roo and now 4wd sups centre. ARB customers service and product delivery is far better.

Most complaints are "you have had my money for months now where is my Product" they call and get no answer. Or get delivered the Wrong thing.... It took 3 months to received my poor quality awning after many time ringing..
    Clueless company after your $$$$$$
    FORCED OFFROAD
    Built by NISSAN Powered by HOLDEN Perfected by ME "hulksta"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GX2M...layer_embedded
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...Gq-v8-daul-cab.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough question but it's because their customer service makes the problem (typically) go away. They right any wrongs generally without question, no arguments, no opportunity for others to hear about it. I don't think anyone can run a business and have zero complaints but it's how you deal with them that matters.
    I know a number of folks who work at ARB and they work very hard at always improving their service levels.
    That's not to say they don't have problems.
    Have a look at how active ARB are on social media addressing customer issues........do you see Tigerz actively engaging with complaints in that way or do they run a mile?
    I don't necessarily think all the Tigerz products are rubbish but the way their customer service deals with fallout would have you believe otherwise......

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,751 Times in 3,156 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not quite what I ment.
    I ment the problems are far less, so there are less complaints..

Yes I'm sure there are unhappy customers. I was 1.. My winch bar had rust coming threw on the joins, ie number plate mount to pipe join, and they replaced it..
    So in the end I was happy.
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Westy's Accessories View Post
    Arb do spend a lot on R&D. This I would think would count for some of the above costs.

In my eye's Its the finer things which you pay the money for.
    Like perfect bar fitment every time.
    Items finished to a higher standard so you don't get rusty water running down your car.
    Or that awning being 20gsm heavier material to ensure it won't tear.

My mate is getting arb to respray his bull bar as its rusting between joints/ welds

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast