Quote Originally Posted by Potsy View Post
Maybe these variations in noise are more to do with the other things done to the rig, as stropp mentioned "no noise" but I can see he has a 4inch snorkel, I'm guessing then the air box and Inlet to turbo is upgraded. I wonder if this would make the difference. Also with the top mound there is very little pipe between the cooler and inlet, add to that the fan which I believe runs off of the radiator temp and it being sooo close to the driver could add to the noise when running.
Also as someone who lives in adelaide I'd like to think a lot of the issues people are having are a result of the demand on cross country, I drive past quite regularly and I don't reckon I've ever seen the car park less than 110% full, I'm sure there's cars parked across the road to, hopefully it's something they can address but when they cover so much like car servicing and pre trip checks I can see why they're so swamped. To popular to quick me thinks.
Mine has always been noisy. But is louder since the 4inch snorkel and air box upgrade. I think the higher boost levels impacts on noise levels too.
The fan simply runs via a relay and into an ignition wire...

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk