PDA

View Full Version : Ask all your general ( none related forum ) computer questions here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 06:12 PM
But still nothing.

At least that's eliminated.

nissannewby
22nd June 2016, 06:15 PM
Here is hoping you had the PC off when taking the sticks out lol. Or you mean it span quicker without the "said" stick ?

Turned off when removing. They are both back in now and the fan is doing the same.

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 06:18 PM
Do you have a video card ? Or is it onboard graphics? Motherboard model ??

I'm just trying to thnik of easy eliminations for ya before taking it into the shop.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd June 2016, 06:20 PM
Turned off when removing. They are both back in now and the fan is doing the same.

Burn it, then claim house and contents insurance :)

nissannewby
22nd June 2016, 06:23 PM
Do you have a video card ? Or is it onboard graphics? Motherboard model ??

I'm just trying to thnik of easy eliminations for ya before taking it into the shop.

Graphics card. Motherboard msi 970 gaming

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 06:25 PM
Graphics card. Motherboard msi 970 gaming

Damn no onboard video. I was going suggest trying onboard video and by passing dedicated graphics.

nissannewby
22nd June 2016, 06:28 PM
Damn no onboard video. I was going suggest trying onboard video and by passing dedicated graphics.

Yeah I think it is fine as I got the warning saying that a new cpu or memory had been fitted. (I had the cpu out last night) so I dont think that is the problem.

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 07:39 PM
Ok I'd like to think it's narrowed down to the original suspects. CPU or PSU or even a motherboard... None are easy to pin point without parts to swap.
Might be a time for shop to take a look and replace offending part under warranty... :animierte-smilies-f

Maxhead
22nd June 2016, 08:02 PM
It's a bummer these boards don't have a speaker or an led display so you could hear a beep if there was an error. I ended putting one on myself and had no post beeps.

….................... On the move

nissannewby
22nd June 2016, 08:28 PM
Will a cpu from a laptop work for elimination purposes?

Hodge
22nd June 2016, 08:32 PM

A lot of CPU's are very difficult to take out of a laptop because they are sort of embedded as one.
Even if you do get it off, it would have to be the same socket type as your motherboard. In your case it is a AMD AM3/AM3+ socket. .

NissanGQ4.2
22nd June 2016, 08:35 PM

I think it will depend if your motherboard supports the cpu that's in the laptop

Have you pulled apart a laptop before? Not something I would try for elimination purposes.

I would go to a local computer shop and buy a second hand PSU to eliminate that first.

Edit: Hodge is 2 fast! *L*

rusty_nail
22nd June 2016, 10:14 PM
Ok I'd like to think it's narrowed down to the original suspects. CPU or PSU or even a motherboard... None are easy to pin point without parts to swap.
Might be a time for shop to take a look and replace offending part under warranty... :animierte-smilies-f

im glad you came to that conclusion mate, its the same as my thoughts as per mine and matts discussion last night

nissannewby
28th June 2016, 01:12 PM
Ok. So it appears it is the graphics card.

I took it to an msy branch up here in brisbane. They refused to even look at it as I did not purchase it from them. I let it known that this was a joke and left.

Took it elsewhere and $80 later I have an answer. So now its just going through warranty with the seller. Joy.

rusty_nail
28th June 2016, 01:26 PM
Ok. So it appears it is the graphics card.

I took it to an msy branch up here in brisbane. They refused to even look at it as I did not purchase it from them. I let it known that this was a joke and left.

Took it elsewhere and $80 later I have an answer. So now its just going through warranty with the seller. Joy.

yeah wow so the gfx card huh? very unusual. its odd they wouldnt look at it, even for a quote fee? you should seek out recompense for the $80 from pccasegear. good luck with the warranty claim

Throbbinhood
28th June 2016, 01:57 PM
Why would MSY look at it though? Don't know about there, but here in VIC MSY are just stockists, they aren't repairers. Sorta like going to Burson's to diagnose a part you bought at Repco - they wont do it, they'll send you to a mechanic or back to Repco.

rusty_nail
28th June 2016, 01:59 PM
Why would MSY look at it though? Don't know about there, but here in VIC MSY are just stockists, they aren't repairers. Sorta like going to Burson's to diagnose a part you bought at Repco - they wont do it, they'll send you to a mechanic or back to Repco.
MSY are stockists but will also diagnose faults(doesnt mean they will repair them just replace the parts), for a fee as all other computer shops do... they are just bigger

nissannewby
28th June 2016, 02:00 PM

Must be branch dependant mate as this branch certainly did repairs. Was on their sign and all.

Hodge
28th June 2016, 02:36 PM
Good to see it was diagnosed mate.
Spewing your mobo didn't have on board video would have been instantly clear card was at fault when I asked about it .
At least you're getting somewhere.

Curious , what card and brand ?

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 08:05 PM
Good to see it was diagnosed mate.
Spewing your mobo didn't have on board video would have been instantly clear card was at fault when I asked about it .
At least you're getting somewhere.

Curious , what card and brand ?

Sorry about the delay mate. Its an asus radeon r7360.

Warranty has been approved and new card on its way.

Maxhead
30th June 2016, 08:19 PM

Hmmmm, not sure that is right mate. If a shop refuses to test or even look at something for you then they shouldn't be open. I recently had a similar experience where I bought some products on line and one failed. I took it to MSY and they charged me 20 bucks to confirm it was faulty.

IMO if you turn business away you will not last. I will definitely be going back to the same store for my other computer stuff. Simple as that

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 08:23 PM
Hmmmm, not sure that is right mate. If a shop refuses to test or even look at something for you then they shouldn't be open. I recently had a similar experience where I bought some products on line and one failed. I took it to MSY and they charged me 20 bucks to confirm it was faulty.

IMO if you turn business away you will not last. I will definitely be going back to the same store for my other computer stuff. Simple as that

This is why it pissed me off so much. Why would they turn away a paying customer. I paid $80 which didnt worry and thats $80 that msy north brisbane will never see nor will I ever ho back there and I will certainly be passing on my experience.

Maxhead
30th June 2016, 08:26 PM
This is why it pissed me off so much. Why would they turn away a paying customer. I paid $80 which didnt worry and thats $80 that msy north brisbane will never see nor will I ever ho back there and I will certainly be passing on my experience.
Spot on mate, tell everyone you know and they will tell everyone too, soon they will have no business ...Glad you found out whats wrong btw:)

rusty_nail
30th June 2016, 10:06 PM
Sorry it's been such a muck around mate. I know it's got nothing to do with me but I feel kinda responsible as I recommended this mob to you in the first place.

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 10:11 PM
Sorry it's been such a muck around mate. I know it's got nothing to do with me but I feel kinda responsible as I recommended this mob to you in the first place.

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string

Dont stress mate. It is no fault of yours.

threedogs
4th September 2016, 11:37 AM
Ok so last night I spilt something on the laptop keyboard when I wiped it off thescreen turned sideways
Not knowing anything about it I pressed a few buttons the lappy told me to and Ive re booted I think is the term
my lap top which erased all my pictures.
Ive sort of got it up an running but want to reboot it again so I can set it up better.
Its just a basic Acer laptop AspireE14. any help would be great, Im using my older laptop
in the meantime,Most pics I think are in this Laptop and my old phone so hopefully alls not lost

Clunk
4th September 2016, 01:13 PM
Turn the screen the other way then

Hodge
4th September 2016, 01:17 PM
Ok so last night I spilt something on the laptop keyboard when I wiped it off thescreen turned sideways
Not knowing anything about it I pressed a few buttons the lappy told me to and Ive re booted I think is the term
my lap top which erased all my pictures.
Ive sort of got it up an running but want to reboot it again so I can set it up better.
Its just a basic Acer laptop AspireE14. any help would be great, Im using my older laptop
in the meantime,Most pics I think are in this Laptop and my old phone so hopefully alls not lost

You have probably pressed the rotate screen key combination while wiping the keyboard.
Press ctrl+alt+up arrow key and it should bring it back up the right way.... That is if the rest of it survived the down pour.

threedogs
4th September 2016, 01:28 PM
You have probably pressed the rotate screen key combination while wiping the keyboard.
Press ctrl+alt+up arrow key and it should bring it back up the right way.... That is if the rest of it survived the down pour.

Nah its Kaput, I might take to Airport West and see ifsomeone there can fix it.
when it re booted the screen was the right way, but it aint working right way too slow

Hodge
4th September 2016, 01:32 PM
Nah its Kaput, I might take to Airport West and see if someone there can fix it.
when it re booted the screen was the right way, but it aint working right way too slow

Hard drive generally survives dampness and spills. It's the diodes on the motherboard and ram solders where it short-circuits and especially if it was on while spill happened.
If the drive is ok, it can be easily plugged into something else, like an external HD dock and everything recovered.

threedogs
4th September 2016, 01:55 PM
Thats way above my expertise it re started by having me install new passwords etc.
It even set me up wth a new email Ill never use , very confusing to me
Its not like anything has blown as such. it just asked me to re-register like when I first got
it this time though it asked me via the Microsoft side email set up, not my normal email
I think somehow I need to cancel everything somehow and start again, but dont know how.

NissanGQ4.2
4th September 2016, 03:01 PM
Sounds like you are reinstalling windows TD

Clunk
4th September 2016, 03:08 PM
Did you replace the thermostat

threedogs
4th September 2016, 03:11 PM
Sounds like you are reinstalling windows TD

It gave me a hotmail email address, its like the computer
is divided in two and somehow Im in the second half, I need
to figure out how to get into the first half GGrrrr

NissanGQ4.2
4th September 2016, 04:22 PM
It gave me a hotmail email address, its like the computer
is divided in two and somehow Im in the second half, I need
to figure out how to get into the first half GGrrrr

Its more than likely Windows has booted into a second user, what windows version are you using?

threedogs
4th September 2016, 04:30 PM
Would not have a clue green 4 windows

Sir Roofy
5th September 2016, 11:06 AM
Would not have a clue green 4 windows

Got it going again mate ?

threedogs
5th September 2016, 12:35 PM
Got it going again mate ?

Nah using my old one I thought was knackered as it had no light.
Little did I know you can adjust the brightness ha ha more fool me eh.
Any way next stupid question is my son Buggered the USB ports some how
which I used for a Blue tooth push in thingy,
Question is can I down load a Blue tooth app to have blue tooth on the laptop????

Is this one safe to download ???????????
http://landing.driverwhiz.com/en/software.jsp?brand=&device=Bluetooth&type=&cc=au&subid=P14A1546213&kid=c2023760-3f62-432c-a19b-02a0e12f1700&gclid=CIH1qbeS984CFQ8IvAodWxkHHg

UncleFrosty
5th September 2016, 01:26 PM
From what I know of these things 3d, that Bluetooth push-in thingy is the critical bit - without it (and assuming your laptop doesn't have an internal one) you can't "do" Bluetooth. It'd be like using a 2-way without the aerial connected. As the link u posted has "driver" in it, I'm assuming that's a driver rather than an app, which if that's the case, still won't solve your problem as drivers are the "language" used by the laptop to talk to your Bluetooth dongle (the push in bit).
Hope that helps... ...sort of.

threedogs
5th September 2016, 02:16 PM
From what I know of these things 3d, that Bluetooth push-in thingy is the critical bit - without it (and assuming your laptop doesn't have an internal one) you can't "do" Bluetooth. It'd be like using a 2-way without the aerial connected. As the link u posted has "driver" in it, I'm assuming that's a driver rather than an app, which if that's the case, still won't solve your problem as drivers are the "language" used by the laptop to talk to your Bluetooth dongle (the push in bit).
Hope that helps... ...sort of.

Told you I know zip about all this, I might go see how much to fix USB ports
The newer laptop had bluetooth so it was easy to put pictures here and transfer
them from device to device.
So is there are sort of SD card thingy I can use as Bluetooth I have a disc drive on this lappy

UncleFrosty
5th September 2016, 02:44 PM
USB ports on laptops are probably incorporated into the motherboard, so you may have to brace yourself for the bad news that it's not fixable (depending on how steady the Tech's hand is!)
If for some reason the USB is separate to the motherboard inside the case then much more likely to be able to fix.
Are the ports loose or just stopped working?
What brand/model? I'll do some Dr Google-ing if I get a chance...

UncleFrosty
5th September 2016, 02:49 PM
Re: SD card Bluetooth adapter...
Can't say I know of anything like this, but someone may've made one. I'll DrGoogle as well...

Winnie
5th September 2016, 03:06 PM
Do you use a wi-fi network at home?
I use airdroid to transfer files through the wifi network from my PC to my mobile.

UncleFrosty
5th September 2016, 03:16 PM
Ha! You learn something every day...
Toshiba make an SD card Bluetooth adapter. Found it on e-bay, but Telstra mobile system playing silly buggers up here and cut my data connection... 😠
Believe I searched for "SD Bluetooth card". Came in at about $40-$50. (USD???)

Clunk
5th September 2016, 07:24 PM
Told you I know zip about all this, I might go see how much to fix USB ports
The newer laptop had bluetooth so it was easy to put pictures here and transfer
them from device to device.
So is there are sort of SD card thingy I can use as Bluetooth I have a disc drive on this lappy

so you've only got one usb port on your lappy then?

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/bluetooth-sd-card

UncleFrosty
5th September 2016, 10:20 PM
Cheers for posting the link Clunk.

nissannewby
5th September 2016, 11:00 PM
After to bloody long my warranty has come through finally. Will hopefully see the new graphics card this week. They have apparently upgraded us to a better one. I feel that this is for the stuff around and to compensate us as the new one is listed at more than double the price of the last one.

mudski
6th September 2016, 10:06 AM
After to bloody long my warranty has come through finally. Will hopefully see the new graphics card this week. They have apparently upgraded us to a better one. I feel that this is for the stuff around and to compensate us as the new one is listed at more than double the price of the last one.

What card are they giving you?

rusty_nail
7th September 2016, 08:24 PM
Finally, I can't believe it's taken this long. That's an absolute joke

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Clunk
7th September 2016, 08:49 PM

And it's all your fault ;)....... should have just punched him in the balls and been done with it

Throbbinhood
7th September 2016, 10:51 PM

There's a reason places like msy and similar are a heap cheaper than other places. Their customer service sucks, and getting them to diagnose or warranty things is a pain. It's just not what they do, at least not at the two stores local to me, and at their prices I don't expect them to do it. Like I said earlier, I wouldn't take a fuel pump back to autobarn for them to test.

No offence to anyone here, but everyone wants top dollar service and bottom dollar prices (myself included). There is value however in going to someone smaller and perhaps dearer, they probably would've tested the card on the spot for you and replaced it with no issue.

Throbbinhood
7th September 2016, 10:52 PM

Good to see you got a good result in the end mate, despite the time taken.

nissannewby
8th September 2016, 09:43 PM

When it arrives I will let you know. I cant remember off the top of my head.

nissannewby
8th September 2016, 09:45 PM

Yeah. It was all under sharees name so she was dealing with them. I think they were lucky they were dealing with her. Im not as patient.

nissannewby
13th September 2016, 08:30 PM

Its an AMD Radeon R7 370 Sapphire Nitro.

mudnut
18th September 2016, 05:08 PM
This ! symbol has started turning up on this site. Does it mean something bad?

Clunk
18th September 2016, 06:48 PM
This ! symbol has started turning up on this site. Does it mean something bad?
AB has fecked the site again

AB
18th September 2016, 07:04 PM
AB has fecked the site again

Not me this time PFC, you must've updated your browser Mudnut, that's been on there a while on all sites. It's a button you can click for site information, security, etc.

Clunk
18th September 2016, 07:32 PM
Not me this time PFC, you must've updated your browser Mudnut, that's been on there a while on all sites. It's a button you can click for site information, security, etc.
Hahahahah yeah I've got no idea, dont see it on Tappa

mudnut
18th September 2016, 08:12 PM

OK, Cool. It says I've had 9 cookies from here and 29 from other sites. Can't be bloody right, 'cause I'm still hungry.

taslucas
22nd September 2016, 08:17 AM
Hello. I have a question that's not really computer or car...
I've been playing music on my car stereo from a usb with no problems at all. The files are a mix of downloaded and ripped from my own cds. I've had them for a couple of years with no problems playing.
Recently I used a YouTube-2-mp3 program to grab a handful of songs but none of them will play on the car stereo. They work fine when the usb stick is plugged back into the laptop. The properties of both the old and new MP3s appear to be exactly the same. The head unit is a late-ish model pioneer with gps Bluetooth etc etc so I would think it's up to reading lots of stuff.
Any ideas what's going wrong?

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
22nd September 2016, 08:26 AM
Your car stereo cannot read that format. Are they .mp3 format?
Try an online file converter or download them a different way.

taslucas
22nd September 2016, 09:58 AM
Your car stereo cannot read that format. Are they .mp3 format?
Try an online file converter or download them a different way.
Update: everything worked fine on the way to work this morning. I think has the dumb!

>>>tappin from tassie

Winnie
22nd September 2016, 10:07 AM
Must be a two-headed Tasmanian stereo.

taslucas
22nd September 2016, 10:10 AM
It's a dual cassette deck with high speed dubbing. First in the state

>>>tappin from tassie

katwoman
12th October 2016, 10:56 AM
Easy question. After a program for my laptop to make slideshows with photo, video and music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay see
12th October 2016, 11:25 AM
Not really my area, but don't windows have some sort of movie maker programme?

katwoman
12th October 2016, 11:37 AM
Not really my area, but don't windows have some sort of movie maker programme?

I've looked but couldn't find one that would do photo and video

jay see
12th October 2016, 11:42 AM
If my kids were here I'll ask them. I seen than make movies of some sort with their cousins.
Sorry can't help anymore.

Plasnart
12th October 2016, 01:08 PM
Pictures in my posts that are linked to my photobucket are not showing up anymore. A while ago I was mucking around with the privacy settings in photobucket and may have selected something that removed links to public forums, but I can't find how to revert back. Anybody got any ideas with photobucket?

For example, check this post.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36506-show-us-your-motor-bike/page12&highlight=motorcycle

Confusing actually, as a pic I've posted up from photobucket today is visible no problems!?

Winnie
12th October 2016, 01:11 PM
Your pics are working for me Plassy?

Plasnart
12th October 2016, 01:17 PM
Your pics are working for me Plassy?

Did you check the link to the show us your motorbike thread? Page 12. Plenty of pics that I can't see there anymore.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?36506-show-us-your-motor-bike/page12&highlight=motorcycle

If you can see them that's good but I can't!! ???

Winnie
12th October 2016, 01:26 PM
I have mine set to 40 posts per page so mine only goes to page 5.
What is the post number of one of the ones you are missing?

Plasnart
12th October 2016, 01:56 PM
I have mine set to 40 posts per page so mine only goes to page 5.
What is the post number of one of the ones you are missing?

#111 mate.

TPC
12th October 2016, 02:18 PM
Easy question. After a program for my laptop to make slideshows with photo, video and music.

Do you have Microsoft Office?
I use Microsoft Powerpoint which is part of Office.

TPC
12th October 2016, 02:28 PM
Pictures in my posts that are linked to my photobucket are not showing up anymore. A while ago I was mucking around with the privacy settings in photobucket and may have selected something that removed links to public forums, but I can't find how to revert back. Anybody got any ideas with photobucket?

For example, check this post.

You can set privacy on a per album basis but I think you can make all albums visible by clicking make all public in the privacy settings.

Winnie
12th October 2016, 02:47 PM
#111 mate.

Hmm, yeah can't see those ones and when I click on them it says you have deleted the images from your photobucket account.

Plasnart
12th October 2016, 02:51 PM
Hmm, yeah can't see those ones and when I click on them it says you have deleted the images from your photobucket account.

Yeah definately still in photobucket mate. I'll run with Tony's advice and see if that helps.

Plasnart
12th October 2016, 02:52 PM
You can set privacy on a per album basis but I think you can make all albums visible by clicking make all public in the privacy settings.

I'll give this a go Tony. Are there any privacy/security implications for making albums public? I'm not great at this stuff!

rusty_nail
12th October 2016, 03:18 PM
I've looked but couldn't find one that would do photo and video

You need to download and install windows live essentials. It's free and it's just an add-on to Windows. That pack contains windows movie maker

NissanGQ4.2
12th October 2016, 03:35 PM

Im getting into Corel Video Studio Ultimate...... downloaded the limited timed version the other week.

Probably not cheap at 125 bucks so a free version might be better............ depending on how advanced you want to edit your video's, photo's and music

mudnut
12th October 2016, 05:07 PM
I have just noticed I have ads at the bottom of the page now. Is that the norm or what?

taslucas
2nd December 2016, 07:14 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/12/15.jpg
Looks like rusty is getting drunk!

>>>tappin from tassie

Hodge
22nd December 2016, 03:32 PM
Windows + Enter key mate. Turns it on or off. (Assuming youre on windows)

mudnut
22nd December 2016, 03:34 PM
Ha ha. Shoulda let Plassy suffer for a couple of hours. Although I had to look for the narrator in the windows menu and turn it off. The windows enter doesn't work for me.

Plasnart
22nd December 2016, 03:35 PM
Windows + Enter key mate. Turns it on or off. (Assuming youre on windows)

Ahh Hodge thanks mate! That's so annoying!!!!!! :D

Plasnart
22nd December 2016, 03:36 PM
Ha ha. Shoulda let Plassy suffer for a couple of hours.

Woulda sent me troppo!! haha :D

gubigfish
22nd December 2016, 03:37 PM
Or if you happen to forget that key combination go to Control Panel > Ease of Access

NissanGQ4.2
22nd December 2016, 03:41 PM
HELP!!!!

My Apple Macbook that has the crap apple software removed and windows 10 installed is booting into a blank screen of nothing......

I haven't used it in a close 2 a year if that helps

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 12:10 PM
HELP!!!!

My Apple Macbook that has the crap apple software removed and windows 10 installed is booting into a blank screen of nothing......

I haven't used it in a close 2 a year if that helps

Anyone?????

Winnie
23rd December 2016, 12:19 PM
Nah mate you're the one with the answers normally!

AGman
23rd December 2016, 12:23 PM
HELP!!!!

My Apple Macbook that has the crap apple software removed and windows 10 installed......

Why would you do that?

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 12:26 PM
Nah mate you're the one with the answers normally!

yeh not this time around, doing a google search it seems 2 be a common problem but all the things suggested don't work so assume its because its running windows instead of the mac os
rusty_nail??????

Maxhead
23rd December 2016, 12:31 PM
I use bootcamp on my work lappy, so got best of both worlds...but can't help you sorry

Hodge
23rd December 2016, 04:27 PM
NissanGQ4.2 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?344-NissanGQ4-2)
I'll assume that the windows will not have the macbook drivers etc loaded by default. Hence why it's not working. Need mobo drivers to begin with.

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 04:56 PM
NissanGQ4.2 (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?344-NissanGQ4-2)
I'll assume that the windows will not have the macbook drivers etc loaded by default. Hence why it's not working. Need mobo drivers to begin with.

Do you know if a dead battery would cause this Hodge? I would of assumed it would still work as normal with the charger plugged in

Hodge
23rd December 2016, 05:03 PM
Do you know if a dead battery would cause this @Hodge (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/member.php?u=15680)? I would of assumed it would still work as normal with the charger plugged in

From past experience some laptops boot up when battery is removed due to battery or battery connections on the laptop are faulty.
Removing the battery and directly running laptop from mains, sometimes helps.
Can a macbook battery be removed ?

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 05:07 PM
From past experience some laptops boot up when battery is removed due to battery or battery connections on the laptop are faulty.
Removing the battery and directly running laptop from mains, sometimes helps.
Can a macbook battery be removed ?

This one can, I'll give that a go

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 05:14 PM
no difference :(

rusty_nail
23rd December 2016, 05:51 PM
yeh not this time around, doing a google search it seems 2 be a common problem but all the things suggested don't work so assume its because its running windows instead of the mac os
rusty_nail??????

did you upgrade to windows 10? hmmm cant really help you tbh, it was a one of a kind install and i couldnt really troubleshoot over the net lol. best suggestion i can make is to reinstall OS from a USB, u know how to do that?

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 05:59 PM
did you upgrade to windows 10? hmmm cant really help you tbh, it was a one of a kind install and i couldnt really troubleshoot over the net lol. best suggestion i can make is to reinstall OS from a USB, u know how to do that?

Really can't recall what os was on it, I don't recall ever updating so assume its still what ever you installed on it. Just know I haven't used it close 2 a year and went 2 use it the other day and besides the power light coming on and a flicker of the screen it just stay black. But worked out if I pull the plug it shuts down

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2016, 06:13 PM
Strange, I just made a bootable usb and plugged it in and the power light on the usb didn't light up, tried sticking a cd in and it didn't take it either, its like there is no power at all even though I can here the hdd spin up and the power light on the front of the lappy and the light on the charger being on

Plasnart
23rd December 2016, 06:44 PM
Strange, I just made a bootable usb and plugged it in and the power light on the usb didn't light up, tried sticking a cd in and it didn't take it either, its like there is no power at all even though I can here the hdd spin up and the power light on the front of the lappy and the light on the charger being on

Maybe santa will give you another lappy? :D

MudRunnerTD
23rd December 2016, 10:42 PM
Is there something on the Macbook you are trying to save or are you happy to loose everything? Id be thinking reformat it

Clunk
24th December 2016, 01:24 AM
Is there something on the Macbook you are trying to save or are you happy to loose everything? Id be thinking reformat it
The really good 70s porn

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 06:01 AM

Nah nothing really on there, but can't reformat it if I can't see anything on the screen

jay see
24th December 2016, 07:38 AM
Can you connect to another screen by vga or hdmi.
If so I think one of the F keys allows to choose which screen to watch.

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 07:45 AM
Can you connect to another screen by vga or hdmi.
If so I think one of the F keys allows to choose which screen to watch.

Thought about that but being apple it looks like some special cable that probably cost more than what the laptop is worth

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 07:50 AM
Thought about that but being apple it looks like some special cable that probably cost more than what the laptop is worth

Yes it will be a special cable. Take a photo of the port and the laptop. I will have the right cable. You might have to wait but I would be happy to send it up to you at some point.

Hodge
24th December 2016, 08:02 AM

Yes it will be a special cable. Take a photo of the port and the laptop. I will have the right cable. You might have to wait but I would be happy to send it up to you at some point.

It would just be MINI display port wouldn't it ? Do you have Jaycar near you ? They should have an adapter to any other screen you have. HDMI etc...
Example.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70365&stc=1
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70366&stc=1

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 08:41 AM
Look at the crap in the charging port!!!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/12/245.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 08:50 AM
It would just be MINI display port wouldn't it ? Do you have Jaycar near you ? They should have an adapter to any other screen you have. HDMI etc...
Example.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70365&stc=1
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70366&stc=1

I have been using MacBooks for 10 years and think I have had 4 and all 4 needed a different cable. This is evident by the pics Toddie has since posted. Lol. Let me check what I have.

Clean that charging port. Is it magnetic? The newer units are magnetic. It looks like an older unit.

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 09:14 AM
I have been using MacBooks for 10 years and think I have had 4 and all 4 needed a different cable. This is evident by the pics Toddie has since posted. Lol. Let me check what I have.

Clean that charging port. Is it magnetic? The newer units are magnetic. It looks like an older unit.

Yeh magnetic mate and will give it a clean, its was something I use 2 use daily in a warehouse environment but rarely use it now, was thinking off cleaning it up for my daughter 2 use so she stays off mine :)

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 09:45 AM
I have a few different ones mate.
I think i have 2 different ones with that end, i will take some pics and post them up here. The other end has 2 options. Bloody Apple

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 09:48 AM
I think this is the one you need???

One of these anyway?

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/12/262.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/12/263.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/12/264.jpg

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 10:00 AM
I think this is the one you need???

One of these anyway?

I'd day the 15pin male on the left is what I'm needing

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 10:02 AM
Just the VGA. Pm me your address mate

Hodge
24th December 2016, 10:12 AM

Fair point Darren. I've seen a few different ones my self, I just guessed the first one that popped in the head lol.
Looks like you got him sorted out.

Hodge
24th December 2016, 10:15 AM
I'd day the 15pin male on the left is what I'm needing

Just the VGA. Pm me your address mate

The port on your macbook is mini DVI not VGA. Just thought I'd mention it. You need a mini DVI adapter, to whatever ... DVI, Hdmi etc...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70368&stc=1

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 10:24 AM
The port on your macbook is mini DVI not VGA. Just thought I'd mention it. You need a mini DVI adapter, to whatever ... DVI, Hdmi etc...

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=70368&stc=1

Yes if you see my 2 adapters the one he wants is the too VGA.

Posted Toddie. Merry Christmas mate.

NissanGQ4.2
24th December 2016, 11:13 AM
Yes if you see my 2 adapters the one he wants is the too VGA.

Posted Toddie. Merry Christmas mate.

Thanks Daz, did you attach the sway bar 2 it *LMAO*

Have a great xmas mate

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 02:39 PM
Thanks Daz, did you attach the sway bar 2 it *LMAO*

Have a great xmas mate

Sorry mate, i was running. if there had been a queue at the post office i would have kept walking to be honest. Merry Christmas mate.

MudRunnerTD
24th December 2016, 02:40 PM
In the new year after my holiday i will package up a rear sway bar for you mate, i'll swap you the raised Console Lid you have for it.

Winnie
24th December 2016, 02:57 PM
In the new year after my holiday i will package up a rear sway bar for you mate, i'll swap you the raised Console Lid you have for it.
Best mod ever! Makes driving so much more comfortable!

mudnut
2nd May 2017, 12:54 PM
Have signed in to fleabay hoping that it would allow me to browse, without the waiting for 20seconds to nearly a minute or so for each page to load. No success. Also Gumtree and the like are getting slower too. Is that the norm these days?

Winnie
2nd May 2017, 01:15 PM
Have signed in to fleabay hoping that it would allow me to browse, without the waiting for 20seconds to nearly a minute or so for each page to load. No success. Also Gumtree and the like are getting slower too. Is that the norm these days?

Shouldn't be. They are close enough to instant for me.

taslucas
2nd May 2017, 03:15 PM
Shouldn't be. They are close enough to instant for me.
Yep, the same for me

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

TPC
2nd May 2017, 03:27 PM

It is just your computer telling you that you have no money to spend.

mudnut
2nd May 2017, 04:04 PM
Probably right. I'm looking for a camper, similar to Kallen's to build up.

TPC
2nd May 2017, 04:11 PM
Probably right. I'm looking for a camper, similar to Kallen's to build up.

Does the misses know you are looking?

mudnut
2nd May 2017, 04:23 PM
Yep. Doesn't mean she'll let me get one if I find a good unit one though.

mudnut
18th May 2017, 02:45 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Slip over to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself and your patrol.

As this is a computer thread, have you tried to turn it off and back on again?

If you are after help with the Patrol try this sub forum.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Auto-Electrical

NissanGQ4.2
18th May 2017, 05:56 PM
Hello, and welcome to the forum. Slip over to the intro section and tell us a bit about yourself and your patrol.

As this is a computer thread, have you tried to turn it off and back on again?

If you are after help with the Patrol try this sub forum.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?18-Auto-Electrical

I have moved his question over, but I'm with you turn it off and back on *L*

mudnut
1st July 2017, 11:11 AM
G'day, all. My computer is now as full as a public drop dunny after a long weekend.

I had to do a disc clean up and I have copied all of my pics onto removable storage and uninstalled a whole heap of unused programs but still only have 6 GB out of 148 GB.

There is a whole lot of wasted space. My question is: what more can I do to clear all of the storage?

gubigfish
1st July 2017, 11:27 AM
Probably not much try download treesize free this will tell you where all the space is taken up. Most of it is probably by Windows.....

mudnut
1st July 2017, 01:28 PM
How reliable is Treesize? Will they try and add some other unwanted software at all?

NissanGQ4.2
1st July 2017, 03:15 PM
How reliable is Treesize? Will they try and add some other unwanted software at all?

Can't say on reliable, but just downloaded and installed and there is no unwanted software that i can see

gubigfish
1st July 2017, 04:16 PM
I've used it for ages and don't think they bundle any unwanted software. You can always download the portable edition which doesn't install just runs.

the evil twin
1st July 2017, 04:16 PM
164 GB - strewth maaaate, is it a 90's PC running Win 97?
Seriously, assuming your PC will hold it and 99% will, I would suggest adding a 2nd hard drive of 500GB or 1 TB (cost ya about $50 to $100 depending)
You can then store as much Pornnn... errrr... pics and vids as you want

Treesize - I've been using it for years, no added BS and it works a charm for what I want.
You can use Treesize to see where the memory has all gone but if you have taken off all your pics and vids and are still over 150 GB then I reckon your machine is chockers of useless windows temp files esp if you do a lot of netsurfing etc

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 05:39 PM
Guys, I am having trouble backing up just my docs and photos. I have tried with 3 different external hard drives without success, with both the microsoft windows back up and also back-up easy, latest version. I am running Windows 10 and the hard drives all have space on them to spare, but keep getting copy errors or 'not enough space ' or file size is too large. i have even wiped the 1TB drive completely, reformatted it and still cant back up the files. i suspect either operator incompetence or setting somewhere - any help appreciated.

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 05:46 PM
I have tried to update the drivers also, but unsuccessful for the hard drives - the 1TB unit is perhaps 4 years old, the others much older.

the evil twin
1st July 2017, 05:54 PM
Strange, but I have seen a similar issue a while ago... have to admit I am not a guru by any stretch but that sounds like you may have an issue with the PC drive space.
I used to get the issue mainly with HD Movies or Folders with shitloads of pics when i backed up a years worth.

Some "backup programs" need enough room on the original drive for a "temp" copy of the file they are handling.
By that I mean to say on your original drive you need enough room to have the original file and also a copy that the software buffers to "copy" across to your target drive (the backup)
That means if you have 10GB space and try and copy 20GB folder the process shits itself even tho you have say 100GB of space on the target.

I have a 128GB solid state drive that is for Windows only and a 2nd 500GB HDD that is my working PC.
I back up to 1 TB external drives no worries but when my PC drive used to get too full (when it was a smaller drive and I was lazy) I had to start with small folders until I had enough room for the buffering.

May not be your issue but worth a look see possibly

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 05:56 PM
215GB used, 252GB avail on C drive, and file copy size is circa 56GB, so not sure thats the issue.

mudnut
1st July 2017, 06:13 PM
Well Treesize works and shows that windows take 136 GB. Now I can see what is using all the storage, what can I do about it?

gubigfish
1st July 2017, 06:16 PM
mudnut try running diskcleanup and then look for an option called System Cleanup and run that. You will probably find there is heaps of old update files it can cleanup.

the evil twin
1st July 2017, 06:20 PM
Well Treesize works and shows that windows take 136 GB. Now I can see what is using all the storage, what can I do about it?

Yep that is exactly the issue I had some years ago on an XP machine... the bloody thing had just kept adding Gigs and Gigs of system restore points and other rubbish 'cause I didn't know any better (I jumped straight from XP to Win10)

Google is your friend
Try something like "Windows XX (insert your OS here XP/7/8/10 et all) using too much HDD space" or somesuch as the search term and it is pretty easy to sort out.
Basic Disk cleanups usually won't get rid of the problem, you have to (well, I did anyway) go in and delete all the old shyte via the recycle bin

mudnut
1st July 2017, 06:21 PM
I have done that and it actually used up a bit space. Have no idea why.

gubigfish
1st July 2017, 06:22 PM
PeeBee Open up Windows Explorer and select the external drive, right click on go to Properties, on the General Tab Look for Filesystem and tell me what it says

Below image as an example

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 06:27 PM
PeeBee Open up Windows Explorer and select the external drive, right click on go to Properties, on the General Tab Look for Filesystem and tell me what it says

Below image as an example

Thanks NTFS

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 06:29 PM
This is what it says in the directory, but unsure if this back-up actually executed OK? I can't open the file as such, maybe delete and try again? Got plenty of time tonight, just drinking and playing with the computer until i can't see the keys!!!

the evil twin
1st July 2017, 06:31 PM
snip... Got plenty of time tonight, just drinking and playing with the computer until i can't see the keys!!!

Oh dear... that is almost as dangerous as drinking and using facebook

PeeBee
1st July 2017, 08:04 PM
Something wrong with my system, can't get the windows or backup ezy software to run, computer does not like the hard drive and fails to copy due to some sort of exception error, very frustrated.

the evil twin
2nd July 2017, 01:21 PM
Your grammar and spelling are still OK so I reckon insufficient drinking is the issue.

Sorry, but that pretty much exhausts my knowledge of pootas and pooting

gubigfish
2nd July 2017, 01:40 PM
PeeBee have a look through these articles

http://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/how-back-up-windows-10-3635397/
https://www.howtogeek.com/220986/how-to-use-all-of-windows-10%E2%80%99s-backup-and-recovery-tools/
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17143/windows-10-back-up-your-files

Failing that I have some remote software here that could allow me to connect to your computer and help you out if you want additional help, full disclaimer I run an IT Consulting business.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd July 2017, 02:35 PM
PeeBee have a look through these articles

Failing that I have some remote software here that could allow me to connect to your computer and help you out if you want additional help, full disclaimer I run an IT Consulting business.

And needs your credit card details 2 pay for his new canopy :)

mudnut
3rd July 2017, 04:33 PM
Well well well. Treesize let me in as an administrator and I got into temp files then logs and just sent a heap of stuff to the recycle bin. I took a punt and deleted a whole bunch of files that looked the same. Everything still seems to work, so here's hoping. The was a lot of files called CBS persist and something called cab blah blah. I now have 117 GB of space
out of 150, so I am happy with that. Now to copy all of my pics and manuals back on.

The computer shop wanted $60 for the cleanup, so thanks for the help, fellas!!

Throbbinhood
3rd July 2017, 04:35 PM
The computer shop wanted $60 for the cleanup, so thanks for the help, fellas!!

That's pretty cheap too, TBH.

rusty_nail
7th July 2017, 03:47 AM
Something wrong with my system, can't get the windows or backup ezy software to run, computer does not like the hard drive and fails to copy due to some sort of exception error, very frustrated.
Hey mate, not sure if you've worked it out yet but it sounds like a permissions issue. Sometime let's do a team viewer session and I'll fix it up for you

Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

PeeBee
7th July 2017, 09:50 AM
Hey mate, not sure if you've worked it out yet but it sounds like a permissions issue. Sometime let's do a team viewer session and I'll fix it up for you

Sent from my P2 using Tapatalk

That would be great. I have reloaded the software on the laptop and it fixed a corruption. I tried last night on the desktop and no go, won't even allow me to remove the program and reload or even load over the top of it, per instructions from NTI tech support. I am free tonight and thru the weekend if that suits, but away all next week. PM me with a time that suits. I get home by 3pm today.
Thanks

BigRAWesty
15th August 2017, 09:25 PM
Righto guys this is doing my head in.
The sd card is corrupted and all the pics from the first few weeks of holidays are on there..
Ive tried downloading a recovery programe on the cp but it wont detect the phone.
It says to tap the "build number" 7 times to open a sub menu but i can only find a model number and it does fark all..
Any assistance or should i just pay some farker to do it before i wipe my phone clean??

TPC
15th August 2017, 09:38 PM
Righto guys this is doing my head in.
The sd card is corrupted and all the pics from the first few weeks of holidays are on there..
Ive tried downloading a recovery programe on the cp but it wont detect the phone.
It says to tap the "build number" 7 times to open a sub menu but i can only find a model number and it does fark all..
Any assistance or should i just pay some farker to do it before i wipe my phone clean??

If it is the SD card, have you tried taking it out of the phone and puting it in a card reader?

BigRAWesty
15th August 2017, 09:40 PM
If it is the SD card, have you tried taking it out of the phone and puting it in a card reader?Not as yet as the pics are threw the android system.
Ill try it though..

TPC
15th August 2017, 09:44 PM
Not as yet as the pics are threw the android system.
Ill try it though..

Hope you didn't buy the SD card off eBay.
I lost a load of photos because a dodgy eBay SD card.

Clunk
15th August 2017, 10:43 PM
Ill try it though..Photos are jpegs, pc will recognise them as long as your card isn't stuffed

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 02:04 AM
Hope you didn't buy the SD card off eBay.
I lost a load of photos because a dodgy eBay SD card.Na its genuine sandisc
Photos are jpegs, pc will recognise them as long as your card isn't stuffedRighto.
Any recomended recovery programs?

Clunk
16th August 2017, 09:37 AM
Na its genuine sandiscRighto.
Any recomended recovery programs?Unfortunately not, pretty sure someone put something up on here a wee while ago.

Just for the record, Sandisk dont have a great record for reliability. Ibuse Samsung Evo Ultra only.

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 10:43 AM
Unfortunately not, pretty sure someone put something up on here a wee while ago.

Just for the record, Sandisk dont have a great record for reliability. Ibuse Samsung Evo Ultra only.Well just rung computer joint and $55 just say yes or no.
Then around $110 depending on sucess..
Wow..

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 05:05 PM

What model phone? I know if the S5 you have 2 open settings, About Device then tap on Build number a few times 2 get developer mode enabled

Photos are jpegs, pc will recognise them as long as your card isn't stuffed

Not 100% correct, I believe the Samsung S7 allows photo's 2 be saved in the RAW format not sure of any other formats, and also probably depends if one is using the default phone app or another developers app

Ill try it though..

Won't matter what device took the photo a pc card reader will read it.... unless of course there is something wrong with it

Just for the record, Sandisk dont have a great record for reliability. Ibuse Samsung Evo Ultra only.

I've always used genuine Sandisk and never had an issue

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 05:15 PM
bigguwesty where abouts you located mate. Im an ex phone tech (had my own business doing it) might be able to help you out doing the recovery if your close

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 05:22 PM
bigguwesty where abouts you located mate. Im an ex phone tech (had my own business doing it) might be able to help you out doing the recovery if your close

Sent from my SM-G920I using TapatalkIf you are in rockingham..
About 4000km from you lol..
Im in mount gambier, sa

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 05:33 PM
bigguwesty,

If its 100% SD card storage remove the card or change your camera settings 2 store on your phone memory, if its actually saving 2 your phone, limit what you download as in apps and change your camera settings to save 2 a memory card.

Every time you save something 2 where ever your lost photo's are you risk the change of over writing them.

Recovering photo's from a memory card I believe is easier then trying 2 recover from phone memory. Also if you try recovering from your pc with phone connected I believe you need 2 have your phone rooted.

As s2 what program is best..... one that actually works and good luck with that, I used an app on my Samsung S5 called DiskDigger, the basic scan worked well but for the full scan the phone needs 2 be rooted which unfortunately I have not achieved on my Samsung S5 although I could do it on my Samsung S4.

The newer the phone the harder it will be

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 05:38 PM
bigguwesty,

If its 100% SD card storage remove the card or change your camera settings 2 store on your phone memory, if its actually saving 2 your phone, limit what you download as in apps and change your camera settings to save 2 a memory card.

Every time you save something 2 where ever your lost photo's are you risk the change of over writing them.

Recovering photo's from a memory card I believe is easier then trying 2 recover from phone memory. Also if you try recovering from your pc with phone connected I believe you need 2 have your phone rooted.

As s2 what program is best..... one that actually works and good luck with that, I used an app on my Samsung S5 called DiskDigger, the basic scan worked well but for the full scan the phone needs 2 be rooted which unfortunately I have not achieved on my Samsung S5 although I could do it on my Samsung S4.

The newer the phone the harder it will beYea definitely the card as we have changed to on phone storage when we noticed photos missing, and not an issue since..
I should have formatted card when i changed..

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 05:40 PM
Yep its a bit far lol
Anyway good news is they are usually recoverable most of the time. Especially the Sandisk cards.
Sorry Clunk your wrong mate. They are the only card i recommend or sold. Sandisk ultra was the one i used to sell specifically. Anything else used to corrupt real easy.
I can walk you through it if your confident enough with computers. Its more so setting the phone up so the data can be retrieved is the hard part.

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 05:54 PM
Yep its a bit far lol
Anyway good news is they are usually recoverable most of the time. Especially the Sandisk cards.
Sorry Clunk your wrong mate. They are the only card i recommend or sold. Sandisk ultra was the one i used to sell specifically. Anything else used to corrupt real easy.
I can walk you through it if your confident enough with computers. Its more so setting the phone up so the data can be retrieved is the hard part.

Can you guide me rooting my Samsung S5??? its pissing me off the program can't do it :(

Clunk
16th August 2017, 06:06 PM
Yep its a bit far lol

Sent from my SM-G920I using TapatalkRegarding the sandisk, only going by what I've heard from others. Never used them myself only used Samsungs.... And I guess it also depends on what Sandisk it is and how old (as with anymake I guess)..... When I gave my old Note4 to my old man, he inserted his old sd card into it, took some photos but you could only see partial images(as if they're were corrupted), showed up fine on the pc though.

Westy, have you plugged the card into your pc yet?...... Apologies if I missed it

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 06:08 PM
bigguwesty,

If you have a card reader on the pc, download a program called recuva, and give that a go

https://www.wondershare.net/ad/save-off/data-recovery.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6fPXrJ_b1QIVSAYqCh 1mdAp4EAAYASAAEgLlefD_BwE

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 06:23 PM
NissanGQ4.2 yeah mate what model s5 is it?
If your unsure it will say under the battery. Depending on what model there is a couple of ways to do it.

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 06:30 PM
NissanGQ4.2 yeah mate what model s5 is it?
If your unsure it will say under the battery. Depending on what model there is a couple of ways to do it.

Model: SM-G900I
Android Version: 6.0.1
Security Patch Level: 1 November 2016

Anything else you need 2 know.

I've tried the PC version of Kingo Root but keeps failing, although it worked on my old S4 after a few attemps

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 07:18 PM
snip.

Westy, have you plugged the card into your pc yet?...... Apologies if I missed it

Not mate. Haddnt crossed my mkind to be honest..

Yep its a bit far lol

I might take you up on that.
I am holding off doing update untill i down load all my current pics off phone.

bigguwesty,

If you have a card reader on the pc, download a program called recuva, and give that a go

https://www.wondershare.net/ad/save-off/data-recovery.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6fPXrJ_b1QIVSAYqCh 1mdAp4EAAYASAAEgLlefD_BwE

Ill give it a crack

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 07:18 PM
Ok NissanGQ4.2 click this link.
It will download chainfire's Autoroot kernel.
Please note that my instructions are for a windows based pc.

https://download.chainfire.eu/958/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedd-smg900i.zip

Step 2: extract to a folder. I usually put one on the desktop to make it easier.

Step 3: in that extracted folder you will see a program called Odin. Right click and select run as administrator.

Step 4: once Odin is open you will see some buttons down the right side. Click PDA and browse to the extracted folder. Select the tar.md5 file.

Step 5: turn off your phone. Once its off completely hold power home and volume down til you see the screen come up. You should now be in download mode. Press volume up at the boot sreen.

Step 6: now connect your phone to the pc. Odin should now recognize it. Make sure repartition is NOT checked. Click start and wait.

Step 7: all done!!

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 07:26 PM

Thanks, I'm windows based pc and downloading now and will give it a go later tonight :)

Thanks..... hope this one works, I accidentally deleted my whole camera file but they where saved 2 phone memory, probably over written the info now anyway :( but still worth a go :)

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 08:51 PM
Ok click this link.

If no one has told you this recently... Your a bloody legend....

Very simple 2 do using your method.

Running DiskDigger app now 300 image / video files recovered already and only at 4%, there is hope yet

I can't ever see myself in WA anytime in the near future but if your ever traveling 2 Sydney and are near the Blue Mountains get in contact I owe you a beer or 24 :)

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 08:59 PM
If no one has told you this recently... Your a bloody legend....

Very simple 2 do using your method.

Running DiskDigger app now 300 image / video files recovered already and only at 4%, there is hope yet

I can't ever see myself in WA anytime in the near future but if your ever traveling 2 Sydney and are near the Blue Mountains get in contact I owe you a beer or 24 :)No probs mate happy to help and i will take you up on that offer if im over that way [emoji4]

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 09:03 PM

https://download.chainfire.eu/958/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedd-smg900i.zip

Step 2: extract to a folder. I usually put one on the desktop to make it easier.

Step 3: in that extracted folder you will see a program called Odin. Right click and select run as administrator.

Step 4: once Odin is open you will see some buttons down the right side. Click PDA and browse to the extracted folder. Select the tar.md5 file.

Step 5: turn off your phone. Once its off completely hold power home and volume down til you see the screen come up. You should now be in download mode. Press volume up at the boot sreen.

Step 6: now connect your phone to the pc. Odin should now recognize it. Make sure repartition is NOT checked. Click start and wait.

will this ecover from my sd card on the phone.??
ive plugged sd card into pc but its not even recognizing it..

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 09:14 PM
bigguwesty it might recover some. Only way would be to give it a try.
Your device would need to be rooted too. But with a different file download. Same instructions though.
The thing is the file system on the SD card is now basically in android form ( yes for all the tech heads out there i know its not entirely true) and its encryption is on there too. Makes it very hard to read just plugging the SD card into a pc.
Best bet would be to root the phone and then via pc perform the recovery. Rooting the phone gives you unlimited access to the file system and allows the recovery software to run properly. Especially in the case of Wondershare software.

The 2 programs i use mostly are Wondershare Dr Fone and Aiseesoft Android Data Recovery.
Recuva I used sometimes as well. With these programs you can deep scan a lot more and its easier to see what is junk and whats not once the scans complete

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 09:22 PM
bigguwesty it might recover some. Only way would be to give it a try.
Your device would need to be rooted too. But with a different file download. Same instructions though.
The thing is the file system on the SD card is now basically in android form ( yes for all the tech heads out there i know its not entirely true) and its encryption is on there too. Makes it very hard to read just plugging the SD card into a pc.
Best bet would be to root the phone and then via pc perform the recovery. Rooting the phone gives you unlimited access to the file system and allows the recovery software to run properly. Especially in the case of Wondershare software.

The 2 programs i use mostly are Wondershare Dr Fone and Aiseesoft Android Data Recovery.
Recuva I used sometimes as well. With these programs you can deep scan a lot more and its easier to see what is junk and whats not once the scans complete

Sent from my SM-G920I using TapatalkRighto..
Completely over my head with this..
But im gunna give it a crack..
Might have an "accident" if it goes south......
Currently downloading all pics i have lol..
So once programme is downloaded and phone hacked..
Then what.
Does that odian programe do whats needed, or do i have to run a recovery programe to do the work?
I think ill attemp this tomorrow night lol..

Edit- wondershare isnt even recognizing the phone, yet the cp is. is has also found the sd card via the phone, but not via sd reader..

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 09:32 PM
No the odin program is to "hack" the phone. Thats all it does.
You will need to run the recovery program after you do the hacking so to speak
The recovery programs easy. Pretty much click a button and wait.

Whats the exact model number of your phone? I can give you the download link for the hacking [emoji6]

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2017, 09:38 PM
Righto..
Completely over my head with this..
But im gunna give it a crack..
Might have an "accident" if it goes south......
Currently downloading all pics i have lol..
So once programme is downloaded and phone hacked..
Then what.
Does that odian programe do whats needed, or do i have to run a recovery programe to do the work?
I think ill attemp this tomorrow night lol..

Edit- wondershare isnt even recognizing the phone, yet the cp is. is has also found the sd card via the phone, but not via sd reader..

Odin won't recover you will still need an app or program, look up diskdigger in the playstore

I don't believe the Wondershare program supports phones

BigRAWesty
16th August 2017, 09:40 PM
No the odin program is to "hack" the phone. Thats all it does.
You will need to run the recovery program after you do the hacking so to speak
The recovery programs easy. Pretty much click a button and wait.

Whats the exact model number of your phone? I can give you the download link for the hacking [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G920I using TapatalkIm running the new S8

Mike02Ti
16th August 2017, 09:45 PM
Ahhh right ok this just got a bit harder cos the software is so new. On the back in small writing is the the model number starting with SM followed by 3 numbrs and a letter. What is that?

Clunk
16th August 2017, 11:21 PM
bigguwesty I'd be thinking twice about rooting your phone yourself at this stage..... Mike might know what he's doing but you're at risk of stuffing a bloody expensive phone completely and voiding warranty

Avo
16th August 2017, 11:26 PM
bigguwesty I'd be thinking twice about rooting your phone yourself at this stage..... Mike might know what he's doing but you're at risk of stuffing a bloody expensive phone completely and voiding warranty

shit he's nearly as good as @AB.he stuffs everything he touches aswell hey..the greanade brothers

BigRAWesty
17th August 2017, 07:15 AM
bigguwesty I'd be thinking twice about rooting your phone yourself at this stage..... Mike might know what he's doing but you're at risk of stuffing a bloody expensive phone completely and voiding warrantyThats when the "accident" may happen... pp

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2017, 05:51 PM
Ok, click this link.

Thought I better amend this just in case anyone else tries it

Was actually for me

Click AP and browse to the extracted folder. Select the tar.md5 file.

It was the only option I had 2 click on

Mike02Ti
17th August 2017, 06:33 PM
Yeah sorry mate. Usually its PDA . It changed with one of the updates of Odin and cant remember which one.

Chainfire modifys Odin for his kernels usually to help ensure nobody clicks the wrong one and brick their phone

NissanGQ4.2
17th August 2017, 06:58 PM
Yeah sorry mate. Usually its PDA . It changed with one of the updates of Odin and cant remember which one.

Chainfire modifys Odin for his kernels usually to help ensure nobody clicks the wrong one and brick their phone

No need 2 be sorry you where just trying 2 help out. I'm sure without your help I'd would of bricked my phone eventually anyway, It was the only option I had so took the gamble..... was well aware of bricking it, but when you do things on the cheap its the gamble one takes. Thankfully this time I had someone to guide me and knew what 2 do :)

AB
15th September 2017, 05:43 PM
Christ mate how far back did you do the restore?

Plasnart
15th September 2017, 06:03 PM
Christ mate how far back did you do the restore?

Dunno mate. I tried twice to do a system restore only a couple of weeks old but buth times failed. I had gremlins in there. Then did a system reset basically wiping everything except my files. Fixed right up now but rebuilding back to what i had!

The email attachent issue only affects my hotmail address though. If i forward the emails from hotmail to my office365 account i can open the attachments.

Any ideas?

AB
15th September 2017, 06:08 PM
Its a permissions issue or some sort of authentication issue mate.

So just confirming this issue is happening on Hotmail attachments yeah?

Are you running outlook Exchange and that is all working fine?

Plasnart
15th September 2017, 06:36 PM
Its a permissions issue or some sort of authentication issue mate.

So just confirming this issue is happening on Hotmail attachments yeah?

Are you running outlook Exchange and that is all working fine?

Yes mate everything else is good. I just re-forwarded those emails back from my outlook office 365 account to hotmail and i could open the attachments. Go figure.

AB
15th September 2017, 06:48 PM
Yes mate everything else is good. I just re-forwarded those emails back from my outlook office 365 account to hotmail and i could open the attachments. Go figure.

I remote connected to your computer when you went to the loo and fixed up some things for ya bro...lol

You should clear your browser history too ;)

Plasnart
15th September 2017, 06:54 PM
I remote connected to your computer when you went to the loo and fixed up some things for ya bro...lol

You should clear your browser history too ;)

Haha yeah dressmaking youtube history is slightly embarrassing!😎

jack
26th September 2017, 10:45 AM
Looking for some advice/feedback on password managers please.

I've got about 25 different passwords to connect to different sites, banks, super, utilities, email addresses, forums, insurance, health fund, etc. etc.
Having previously worked for 20+ years for a global IT Company, we had security drilled into us on a daily basis. I used at least 12 different passwords there for the different systems I had access to, these were changed on a regular basis and you were unable to use a previous iteration of a password for at least 10 iterations. The acceptable password security was that tough that sometimes it would take ten attempts to get one that was acceptable to the system.
As you can imagine it was a nightmare to manage, I used a random password generator and the passwords were then stored on a password manager. This meant that you really only had to remember one password, the problem is I now don't have access to the password manager.
Currently I have my passwords stored in a password protected encrypted file but this creates issues if I'm on a mobile device and need to access it, or the file becomes corrupted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a password manager? Currently looking at LastPass

mudnut
26th September 2017, 04:29 PM
Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue.

Just add "Wait 1/2 an hour," and you've got a GU. :P

NissanGQ4.2
26th September 2017, 07:10 PM
I've got about 25 different passwords to connect to different sites

Yeh I can't help you....... I have one for pretty much everything..... think I've had about 3 max my whole computing life so 30+ years

I don't trust password managers..... probably software designed by the Russian mafia to get your passwords in the first place.

Why can't you access your encrypted file on your mobile device?????

jack
26th September 2017, 08:08 PM
I don't trust password managers..... probably software designed by the Russian mafia to get your passwords in the first place.

I'm inclined to agree with you, the work one was inhouse.

I can access the encrypted file on mobile but I'm lazy, to much effort required to remember the pwd while I switch screens to enter it. A password manager contains links to what I want to open, really only one Pwd to remember.

gubigfish
26th September 2017, 08:58 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you, the work one was inhouse.

I can access the encrypted file on mobile but I'm lazy, to much effort required to remember the pwd while I switch screens to enter it. A password manager contains links to what I want to open, really only one Pwd to remember.

KeePass is an open source one I use regularly and recommend to clients.

- Uses a database file stored on your computer where you set a master password just don't forget this.
- Has secure copy functionality and will clear the clipboard after 12 seconds.
- Allows you store the URL's etc.
- It does create random passwords you can use or use one of the many random password generators on the Internet and copy and paste into the password field in the database.
- has a portable edition which doesn't require installation

http://keepass.info/ is the website for it.

jack
26th September 2017, 10:02 PM
KeePass is an open source one I use regularly and recommend to clients.

- Uses a database file stored on your computer where you set a master password just don't forget this.
- Has secure copy functionality and will clear the clipboard after 12 seconds.
- Allows you store the URL's etc.
- It does create random passwords you can use or use one of the many random password generators on the Internet and copy and paste into the password field in the database.
- has a portable edition which doesn't require installation

http://keepass.info/ is the website for it.

Thanks for that, I'll have a look at it.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2017, 08:17 AM
Whats a good, easy 2 setup remote desktop app? For the life of me I can't even work out how 2 set up the windows 10 one :(

TPC
2nd October 2017, 08:31 AM
Whats a good, easy 2 setup remote desktop app? For the life of me I can't even work out how 2 set up the windows 10 one :(

Teamviewer is real easy to setup and use.

Bob
2nd October 2017, 08:48 AM

Agree ....

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2017, 09:19 AM
Thanks Tony and Bob,

Installed and looks like it will be simple enough 2 setup..... thank you both

Agree ....

NissanGQ4.2
2nd October 2017, 06:53 PM
Thanks again TPC and Bob,

Managed 2 get my old man to download & install Teamviewer and was able 2 remote format his new HHD remotely :)

NissanGQ4.2
21st October 2017, 03:09 PM
Probably been discussed before but can't be bothered searching.

For those using a VPN have you set up your own, how hard is it 2 set up??? Those using software, what would you recommend?

gubigfish
22nd October 2017, 07:50 PM
What do you want to achieve with your VPN?

NissanGQ4.2
23rd October 2017, 05:10 PM
What do you want to achieve with your VPN?

gubigfish, Download legal movies ( cough, cough ) using utorrent

gubigfish
23rd October 2017, 11:27 PM
Ok probably best you look at one of the services that you see, I've not tried them but I'm sure they will work and will be relatively simple to setup

BigJ
24th October 2017, 10:19 AM
Youtube used to show me recommended videos based on my past watch history (i.e. if I watched a video about AFL for instance, the youtube home page would offer a range of other videos on that topic), but it no longer does this. All I get now is recommended videos based on various topics like "Trending", "TV Shows", "Music", etc which generally don't interest me that much.

I've gone into settings but cant figure out how to get recommended videos based on what I've watched previously. Any tips or tricks?

Hey Plasnart,

Are you currently logged in to the account linked to your YouTube? Mine is hooked to my Gmail email account and that gives me recommendations based on previously viewed videos.
Check in the top right of YouTube if your currently logged in.

NissanGQ4.2
24th October 2017, 04:28 PM
Ok probably best you look at one of the services that you see, I've not tried them but I'm sure they will work and will be relatively simple to setup

?????? I'm lost ( not hard 2 do ) What services ?????

Plasnart
24th October 2017, 04:35 PM
Hey Plasnart,

Are you currently logged in to the account linked to your YouTube? Mine is hooked to my Gmail email account and that gives me recommendations based on previously viewed videos.
Check in the top right of YouTube if your currently logged in.

Thanks BigJ. I eventually worked it out. In account settings I had somehow unchecked Watch History. Once I turned it back on all the recommendations based on my history came back. Cheers.

Clunk
6th November 2017, 09:08 PM
OK I need help. After reading some good reviews of Google Chromecast here I went and bought one over the weekend. Have been playing around with it but cant seem to get it working.

So far here's what I've done:

- Plugged chromecast into TV HDMI port, and connected power to chromecast from power point.
- Downloaded Google Home app onto my Samsung tablet.
- Tablet is connected to home wifi.
- Tablet has location turned on (from what chromecast setup tells me this is required).
- Connected Chromecast to my home wifi.

But I can't figure out how to cast anything from my tablet to the TV via chromecast, or use the tablet as the controller.

Got no actual idea what to do or how this works.

Can someone help me please? I'm generally OK working through computer issues (hell I've spent heaps of time teaching myself to update drivers, etc, which may be simple but for me is an achievement!), but can't figure out this chromecast contraption.

Any help greatly appreciated!You need to go to goigle home, tap on the 3 bars symbol on the top left, then on the drop down menu tap on cast screen/audio

Hodge
6th November 2017, 09:14 PM
Plasnart

Which app are you trying to cast??

Each app has a cast icon. Fort example my pic here is YouTube. . See I've circled in yellow the icon you need to press. After you press it the name of your chrome cast will pop up and you click on that. And that should be it.

Most apps will have an identical looking icon for casting.

Also are you trying to cast your whole phone screen??? Mirror it onto the teli ??

Chromecast is great. I'm pretty PC savvy but even I found its setup a bit hit and miss.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/11/22.jpg

Sent from Note 5 using TapaPro

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 09:15 PM
You need to go to goigle home, tap on the 3 bars symbol on the top left, then on the drop down menu tap on cast screen/audio

Did that and it says "No compatible devices were found on your network".

What am I going wrong?

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 09:19 PM
Plasnart

Which app are you trying to cast??

Each app has a cast icon. Fort example my pic here is YouTube. . See I've circled in yellow the icon you need to press. After you press it the name of your chrome cast will pop up and you click on that. And that should be it.

Most apps will have an identical looking icon for casting.

Also are you trying to cast your whole phone screen??? Mirror it onto the teli ??

Chromecast is great. I'm pretty PC savvy but even I found its setup a bit hit and miss.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/11/22.jpg

I can't see that symbol on my Samsung tablet youtube Hodgey?

Hodge
6th November 2017, 09:22 PM
I can't see that symbol on my Samsung tablet youtube Hodgey?If symbol is not present , then Chromecasts setup isn't right.
You did connect it to your home wifi , same wifi as your tablet is on ?
If you did. It may be worth cold.rebooting the lot. Tablet , modem/router, and tv Chromecast.

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 09:29 PM
If symbol is not present , then Chromecasts setup isn't right.
You did connect it to your home wifi , same wifi as your tablet is on ?
If you did. It may be worth cold.rebooting the lot. Tablet , modem/router, and tv Chromecast.

Cold rebooting = Turn it off and on again/restart?

Hodge
6th November 2017, 09:31 PM
Cold rebooting = Turn it off and on again/restart?Correct mate. Turn all off and unplug router's power plug at back foot 30 second or more. Then turn on again starting with router.

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 09:34 PM
Correct mate. Turn all off and unplug router's power plug at back foot 30 second or more. Then turn on again starting with router.

Ok back soon.

Clunk
6th November 2017, 09:34 PM
Did that and it says "No compatible devices were found on your network".

What am I going wrong?Usually when you first set up the Chromecast it gives you a 4 digit pin number that you need to tap into the device you're casting from......

Clunk
6th November 2017, 09:35 PM
Google home has basically done away with the need for apps to have the cast symbol

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 10:04 PM
Usually when you first set up the Chromecast it gives you a 4 digit pin number that you need to tap into the device you're casting from......

Ok I'm back, shut down computer, modem, wifi, tv, unplugged chromecast and shut down tablet. All back up now and no difference.

Clunky i havent been asked for a 4-digit pin. Basically nothing in the box except small flyer saying go to chromecast.com/setup, but from there i only just downloaded the google home app onto the tablet. I found no pin in the box. Ill go scrounge through the bin to check.

Clunk
6th November 2017, 11:11 PM
On your tablet, in google home.... Tap in the 3 bars.....under cast image/sound, there should be devices. Click on that and it should show your chromecast device and also a pin number of it's connected properly. Something like below

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/11/24.jpg

Plasnart
6th November 2017, 11:46 PM
On your tablet, in google home.... Tap in the 3 bars.....under cast image/sound, there should be devices. Click on that and it should show your chromecast device and also a pin number of it's connected properly. Something like below

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2017/11/24.jpg

Clunky, you're a marvel. It didn't happen like you said it would, but following your direction it took me to many places unknown and following my nose I went through codes, system updates, tv reset, and its now working. Thanks heaps mate! Feel a bit like I've sold my soul to the google devil now but it's working. Cheers mate!

Clunk
7th November 2017, 12:04 AM
Well you got there in the end that's the main thing...... This google home is also new to me and haven't used it much.

Plasnart
7th November 2017, 12:32 AM
Well you got there in the end that's the main thing...... This google home is also new to me and haven't used it much.

That was definitely unchartered waters for me mate, but ended up safely in the harbour thanks pal.

Cheese and bikkies time!

Hodge
7th November 2017, 07:31 AM
Glad you got it sorted thanks to Clunk PLassy!
I'm personally unfamiliar with the Home app. Unless I want to cast / mirror the whole phone screen to the teli.
I launch the cast from each respective app. But whatever works for you.
Also I forgot to ask which version of Chromecast do you have ? The Chromecast 2 was much simpler to setup from memory.

Plasnart
7th November 2017, 08:21 AM
Glad you got it sorted thanks to Clunk PLassy!
I'm personally unfamiliar with the Home app. Unless I want to cast / mirror the whole phone screen to the teli.
I launch the cast from each respective app. But whatever works for you.
Also I forgot to ask which version of Chromecast do you have ? The Chromecast 2 was much simpler to setup from memory.

Not sure mate, i bought it at jb hifi on the weekend. Definitely wasn't a simple plug and play for me, but then again I'm no techspert!

Plasnart
7th November 2017, 09:18 AM
Why is it that when I open google it now opens to google ukraine page?? My internet homepage is set to google australia. I have re-entered that address in the control panel box but still opens up google ukraine. How and why is this happening??

This computer is starting to do my head in.

Doing it again..........grrrr............now opening up with Google Turkmenistan (my control panel internet settings are still google dot com dot au). Last time it did this I re-set region and language settings so I'll do that again, but anyone have any idea why this happens?

My Kaspersky security ware often pops up with a disconnect recommendation for weird websites that I'm not looking at either. Something going on here I should be worried about?

Oh, and my mouse doesn't work well either. Sometimes have to click 3 times before it registers. Been doing this for a couple of weeks now. ????

Wine_maker
7th November 2017, 01:05 PM
Hi!
Try to clear cookies of your browser, or even reinstall your browser.
And total scan of your PC by your Kaspersky will be good too.

PS. My coworker was there (in Turkmenistan) they has only 7 websites and global firewall of the external Internet, so actually they don't need Google at all.

Avo
22nd November 2017, 12:37 PM
my pc is shgit.old and tierd..lately i cannot do much as it says file not found,when i go into disc cleanup it cannot do that either....so if i upgrade to windows 10 will i have to put all my photos on a disc or will they still be there,and other downloads and documents
cheers

NissanGQ4.2
22nd November 2017, 03:13 PM
my pc is shgit.old and tierd..lately i cannot do much as it says file not found,when i go into disc cleanup it cannot do that either....so if i upgrade to windows 10 will i have to put all my photos on a disc or will they still be there,and other downloads and documents
cheers

If your pc is old and tired Windows 10 will more than likely make it worse not better

If you do decide 2 install Windows 10 you should not need to backup your photo's and documents but I would anyway just in case something goes wrong, and you should backup your photo's and documents to an external hard weekly or monthly depending on how much info is added / changes

Download CCleaner to use instead of Disk Cleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

What are you doing for it 2 say files not found????

Avo
22nd November 2017, 03:49 PM
If your pc is old and tired Windows 10 will more than likely make it worse not better

If you do decide 2 install Windows 10 you should not need to backup your photo's and documents but I would anyway just in case something goes wrong, and you should backup your photo's and documents to an external hard weekly or monthly depending on how much info is added / changes

Download CCleaner to use instead of Disk Cleaner: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

What are you doing for it 2 say files not found????

Umm nuffink.....nah from what i have read it seems that my hard drive is nearly karputt..cant even do system restore as everything just comes up with pathways broken and ah eap of other crap about recently added shit may have ...and corrupted files..time for a new pc i think..will give thast link a try..

NissanGQ4.2
22nd November 2017, 05:22 PM
Umm nuffink.....nah from what i have read it seems that my hard drive is nearly karputt..cant even do system restore as everything just comes up with pathways broken and ah eap of other crap about recently added shit may have ...and corrupted files..time for a new pc i think..will give thast link a try..

Do you mean do a system restore or back up using system restore?

Avo
22nd November 2017, 07:50 PM
Do you mean do a system restore or back up using system restore?

system restore..

mudnut
5th December 2017, 08:54 PM
post deleted, found how to fix the problem.

dads tractor
1st January 2018, 12:23 PM
Calling all tecos this dinosaur needs some help. I bought a hema hx1 and want to know whats the best SD card to put in or run two as in one for photos vids and one for trips way points etc. So basically brand and size would be good TIA.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd January 2018, 03:37 AM
Calling all tecos this dinosaur needs some help. I bought a hema hx1 and want to know whats the best SD card to put in or run two as in one for photos vids and one for trips way points etc. So basically brand and size would be good TIA.

I don't have one and never used 1, can you run dual SD cards in it?

Trips and waypoints probably take up bugger all space so can't see the need for a huge memory card for that

Photo's and especially vids, the bigger the better. Looking at the specs its only been tested up to 32GB so if you go any larger than that you may have issues.

As to brand which is better, its sorta like a Nissan VS Toyota debate, pro's n cons on all. I've always used Sandisk cards and never had an issue with them.

Just look for one that has a good read / write speed

If you look through the manual it probably states what they recommend

NissanGQ4.2
10th February 2018, 10:51 AM
Anyone on here successfully ran an apple app emulator in their android phone?

Mike02Ti

Clunk
10th February 2018, 04:07 PM
Mike02TiNow why would someone want to do something like that [emoji12]

Maxhead
10th February 2018, 05:38 PM

Mike02Ti

I think OPPOs phone colourOS is apple look and feel software which runs on android