OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast

Thread: What Oil Do You Use for Diesel Engines?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been using Penrite for a long time in all my other cars with no issues, when it came to the patrol the choice was easy.
    2008 3.0 GU Patrol Wagon auto, 2 inch lift kit, 3" exhaust, Tig Welded Intercooler, Snorkel, Steel winch bar-14,500lb winch, more to come
    2003 3.0 GU Patrol Wagon auto, 2 inch lift kit, Rancho shocks, 3" Manta exhaust, Tig Welded Intercooler, NADS, snorkel, dual batteries, Steel winch bar.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Been using Penrite for everything for as long as I can remember. Just had a dealer service and I supplied the oil. Engine is smoother and quieter.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided on the Penrite HPR 5 semi syn 5-40w for the ZD30, hopefully it works out and looking forward to trying it, also means Penrite throughout the Patrol on all oils now.
    02 GU ZD30 Auto, NADS, Setting up for touring and camping, Best thing is the missus loves driving it to..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Td42 penrite 15 40 full mineral

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you make 10,000km with 15W40 on a TD42?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Decided on the Penrite HPR 5 semi syn 5-40w for the ZD30, hopefully it works out and looking forward to trying it, also means Penrite throughout the Patrol on all oils now.
    I use the same and find it a great oil , I dont use any oil in between changes either
    ZD30 as well with 220k on the clock
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Does anyone know where i cant get Caltex delo 400 oil in Sydney, i cant seem to find anywhere.

I found a place the sells Mobil Delvac MX 15/40 and they say thats it is as good as delo 400.

Im after 20ltrs

Cheers

Phil.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,664 Times in 3,158 Posts
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anything that is ci-4 rated will be fine mate. Both the mobil and delo are the same spec.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to nissannewby For This Useful Post:

Rex13 (27th October 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I have an 09 ZD30 crd. After reading this thread I think I should be ok to use Castrol GTX diesel 15W40. Got onto a20L drum for about $70. Conforms to API CH-4/SJ. Also says suitable for turbo engines and not suitable for particulate filters.
    Anyone got any reasons I shouldn't? Only a couple of guys on this thread use it.

Cheers
    Simon.
    Just joined the GU club... Happy days !
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Have used Penrite in the past. Found it smoked a bit more than I wanted. Now using Rimula X and no probs but will probably try Delo after I finish this drum. Seems to get a good wrap from a lot of people.

By the way, how do people base their opinions on the quality of the oils they're using?? Do they have their used oil analysed in a lab or is it just gut feeling? I don't know how you can tell unless it gets analysed.

None of the oils I have used in the past have affected engine sound, power, fuel economy, etc. (4.2 TD)
    I had the same issue with penrite, I'm running castrol GTX now and she seem to like that much better. about $120 for a 20L a supercheap bought one two days ago. Interesting bit of knowledge too, is I have a mate who works in a workshop (mostly trucks) and they do lab tests all the time, most castrol oils always come back clean and surprisingly so does gulf western (I refuse to use this stuff though had a bad run out of it in my other 4by)
    Assuming I'm like most other girls is your first mistake...

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1920212223 LastLast