Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol fuelled violence

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I also heard the campaign today about the King Hit being renamed and in future called the COWARD PUNCH. A Person that decides to commit unprovoked malicious Assault on a stranger who happens to be walking the other way is a DOG and SCUM OF SOCIETY. How dare they.

Alcohol has little to do with it I think. That dog has a morose attitude to Violence and will commit this type of violence unprovoked on a weekly / daily basis.

So on New Years Eve a young guy with a nice family was out in Kings Cross walking with friends having a good night seeing in the new year.

Some Farking piece of Sh1t who is highly trained in Mixed Martial Arts combat and a very bad attitude to the World has decided he needs to Hit Someone, maybe cause a girl knocked him back, maybe cause he is bored, maybe because the adrenalin gives him a buzz. Maybe he has had a Drink? Who cares, he does this every weekend. Some of his mates have stopped hanging around because he gets in fights every night, his mates have tried to tell him to settle down, some of his mates stay Sober so they can defend him if he picks the wrong bloke? This like though, HE IS A THUG.

So ol mate from a nice home and a nice family and nice mates and a smile on his face is walking down the street and this Farking Dog swings back and Smashes him in the head with a Train Punch from a Trained Fighter who has been refining that punch on the street his whole life and walks on. The young bloke hits the deck, still has No Idea what happened, might as well have been hit by a train from behind, He may Never Know.

So now the nice boy lays in a Coma with his Nice parents sitting at his bedside hoping they don't have to make the decision to turn their Nice Son off forever. His Mates can do nothing. If he ever wakes he will Never be the same. Ever!

Coincidently, the Nice Boy was Smashed in the face within metres of where another nice Boy was fatally Smashed in the face then stomped on his head then kicked while unconscious only 1 year ago. His nice parents had to turn his life support off within 14 hours. He was 17, he had multiple fractures of the skull, 4 broken ribs, a collapsed lung.

Fuck them. ROT IN HELL!

ATTEMPTED MURDER
    MURDER

DOGS.

That Nice Boy could be my Son.

Sorry, rant over.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

93patrol (4th January 2014), Avo (5th January 2014), Clunk (3rd January 2014), Gecko17 (4th January 2014), Hodge (4th January 2014), Lonicus (6th January 2014), menace 2 (6th January 2014), NissanGQ4.2 (3rd January 2014), NP99 (3rd January 2014), ova50 (5th January 2014), Stropp (3rd January 2014), the ferret (3rd January 2014), Winnie (3rd January 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One King hit, 20 years Gaol, end of story fkem.
    Cheers, the ferret

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the ferret For This Useful Post:

93patrol (4th January 2014), Lonicus (6th January 2014), Stropp (3rd January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does alcohol play a part, yea sure. Dutch courage kind of attitude.
    Does parenting play a part, sure a hell. These "people" had to have got that attitude from somewhere/someone.

I feel that the media has a lot to blame for this 'epidemic'. We hear all the time that some drunk person did this, some person on drugs did that. Those things do play a role, but end of the day, its the person or should i say f wit, that goes and does these horrible things that is to blame. Why should the person not be held accountable for their actions because they are under the influence??

Hypothetical;
    If i hit a random walking down the street while im sober, and unprovoked, thats man slaughter. Why is it not whilst intoxicated?
    If i drive my car under the influence, i get a heap of fine, lose my licence, blah blah blah, but how come these people can get away with violence because they are intoxicated?

Could almost say there is a double standard here.

Side note, im 22 so im the same generation. I got raised in a house where drinking was a big thing, still is. But in that same house it was always the wooden spoon smashed across your arse or the dreaded "WAIT TILL YOUR FATHER GETS HOME!!" and not once have a been out on the town and felt the need to ruin a complete strangers life.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lhurley For This Useful Post:

93patrol (4th January 2014), Winnie (4th January 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I also heard the campaign today about the King Hit being renamed and in future called the COWARD PUNCH. A Person that decides to commit unprovoked malicious Assault on a stranger who happens to be walking the other way is a DOG and SCUM OF SOCIETY. How dare they.

Alcohol has little to do with it I think. That dog has a morose attitude to Violence and will commit this type of violence unprovoked on a weekly / daily basis.

So on New Years Eve a young guy with a nice family was out in Kings Cross walking with friends having a good night seeing in the new year.

Some Farking piece of Sh1t who is highly trained in Mixed Martial Arts combat and a very bad attitude to the World has decided he needs to Hit Someone, maybe cause a girl knocked him back, maybe cause he is bored, maybe because the adrenalin gives him a buzz. Maybe he has had a Drink? Who cares, he does this every weekend. Some of his mates have stopped hanging around because he gets in fights every night, his mates have tried to tell him to settle down, some of his mates stay Sober so they can defend him if he picks the wrong bloke? This like though, HE IS A THUG.

So ol mate from a nice home and a nice family and nice mates and a smile on his face is walking down the street and this Farking Dog swings back and Smashes him in the head with a Train Punch from a Trained Fighter who has been refining that punch on the street his whole life and walks on. The young bloke hits the deck, still has No Idea what happened, might as well have been hit by a train from behind, He may Never Know.

So now the nice boy lays in a Coma with his Nice parents sitting at his bedside hoping they don't have to make the decision to turn their Nice Son off forever. His Mates can do nothing. If he ever wakes he will Never be the same. Ever!

Coincidently, the Nice Boy was Smashed in the face within metres of where another nice Boy was fatally Smashed in the face then stomped on his head then kicked while unconscious only 1 year ago. His nice parents had to turn his life support off within 14 hours. He was 17, he had multiple fractures of the skull, 4 broken ribs, a collapsed lung.

Fuck them. ROT IN HELL!

ATTEMPTED MURDER
    MURDER

DOGS.

That Nice Boy could be my Son.

Sorry, rant over.
    No rant mate, you're spot on the money there....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

9. The Following User Says Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (4th January 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,118 Times in 3,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    MudRunner got it spot on.
    /end thread
    2005 TD42TI

Thanks
    Thanked 6,884 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just watching the news and they called it a Coward Punch. A good step forward
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, and mates need to stop mates behaving badly.....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NP99 View Post
    Yep, and mates need to stop mates behaving badly.....
    This ad was from a campaign a few years ago by the Victorian government, there was a whole series of them:
    http://youtu.be/3Sl2j_2D2Q4
    Quite good I think but I'm not the target demographic.
    I have some very strong opinions on this subject that I might properly share when I have time to type it out in front of the PC but suffice it to say that they are represented quite well by BOTH Cuppa and MR.
    In a nutshell: I believe it is more often than not related to excessive booze, drugs (often meth and it steroids), energy drinks combined with alchohol (WTF were they thinking, I call these RTD's "fight your mates"), crap parenting (as a result of many factors, not just socio-economic status), glamorised violence through the likes of UFC fights (like fukn animals). It is a serious and complex problem that our society faces but this is of no comfort to that lads family.
    It makes my blood boil that it keeps happening. Enough of the rant though, I don't want to punch out a lazy 1500 word essay on the subject via my phone.

EDIT: thought I would add that when I say crap parenting I don't necessarily mean that we should whack our kids. I've smacked my kids from time to time but the longer my parenting has gone the less effective I think this method is and in fact, I was recently shocked at a fellow basketball parents smacking and language with their 2 U10 girls.....a feeling I would never have expected when I began as a parent 10 years ago. I would however not intervene in someone else's discipline as it's a very personal thing. I'm no expert either and still have many years of parenting in front of me to catch up to some of the mums and dads on this forum so who knows.......
    Other than we, as a society need to find a way to prevent senseless violence wherever it exists.
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 4th January 2014 at 08:24 PM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Cuppa (4th January 2014), NP99 (4th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My eldest daughter is 30 and recently told me I raised her and her siblings like mini soldiers. I don't make excuses for that, it worked. All my kids turned out great and are productive members of our society. Having said that I am well aware they are not perfect or angels, but they have a strong moral compass....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NP99 For This Useful Post:

Avo (5th January 2014), Drewboyaus (4th January 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another one this weekend.....
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast