Thread: Where to purchase 2" lift for a y61 GU

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Where to purchase 2" lift for a y61 GU

Wanting to do a 2" lift for the troll, need some help on finding the gear for it... I'm not into going to a shop and paying full price for it when their is other places or websites that have the same thing for a better price haha Does anyone have any places you's know? Located in sydney area
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 12th September 2013 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Changed Title

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive been told the tough dog with 9 adjustable settings are good. U may get away not havin to get extended brake lines

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can do the work yourself then check ebay, there are a few different brands for sub $1000 delivered, like king springs, lovells, tough dog, dobinsons etc

http://goo.gl/sN8S1u
    1998 GU RD28T: RIP
    1996 GQ RD28T: RIP 11 days later
    Hello 2012 GU CRDZD30

Nissan winchbar + Warn, Dual Battery/Redarc, UHF and Titan rear drawers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate check out http://4wd1.com/ They have Tough Dog suspension kits to suit most budgets. I ordered my 2" kit with foam cell shocks and air bags from them a couple of years ago. And any order over $100 is free freight.
    2002 GU 3 Lt Patrol Wagon. On Board Air, ARB Front Air Locker, 2"Tough Dog Lift, Rear Air Bags, Tracklander Roof Rack, IPF HID Spotties, K&N Air Filter, Cargo Barrier, 3" Dominator Exhaust, Titan Drawers and much more.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen quite a lot on Ebay but I could not recommend which one's are any good. I will want to do the same to my 2007 Walkabout when I get it next week so I will monitor the responses you get here.
    Last edited by Wayne P; 3rd August 2013 at 09:06 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I have 2" EFS and no problems at all, price should be around $800 IMO as you only need 4 x coil and 4 x shocks
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 13,580 Times in 6,634 Posts
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattonpatrol View Post
    Wanting to do a 2" lift for the troll, need some help on finding the gear for it... I'm not into going to a shop and paying full price for it when their is other places or websites that have the same thing for a better price haha Does anyone have any places you's know? Located in sydney area

How much are you prepared to spend? What do you do with your car? How long do you want it to last?

If you just want the cheapest lift you can get then grab a Blupac kit off eBay cheap. You get what you pay for though.

If you have a decent budget then buy the best you can afford. You will only need 4 springs and 4 shocks. I assume you can fit them yourself?
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zordos suspension, superior engineering and suspension stuff are all good vendors. Give them a call and discuss what you have, what you want to do with it and they will be able to recommend something suitable.

OME from arb always get a good wrap and are valved for the patrol and Aussie conditions.

If you can afford it the armada extreme remote res shocks get a really good wrap. They are about $275 a corner though.

If you want extra flex Suspension Stuff flexy coils will allow you to fit longer shocks without your springs dropping out. Superior engineering also have a new linear rate coil that sounds very well designed.

In the end as other have said it depends on what you plan on doing with your truck. Is it just a daily driver? Do you plan on loading up to gvm and touring long distance on corrugated outback roads? Is it a weekend warrior which your tackling rocky, rutted tracks in. Hard to give advice without more info, also worth doing a search on 2 inch lift as there is heaps of info out there already.

My advice is work out what you want to do with car and how much your willing to spend at most then give the businesses I mentioned above a call and see what they recommend.
    2012 GU8 Polar White Auto ST Patrol, Factory Bull bar, Scangauge 2, EGR blanked, Milford cargo barrier, Outback ideas recovery points, Micks retrofit HID 3 inch projectors with Osram bulbs and 55w ballasts, GME TXE3420, Sidewinder dual battery with monitor, Windcheetah 2.0m alloy rack, Suspension Stuff 2" Flexy lift with SS Monotubes, MT ATZ 4 ribs 265/75R16 on black Dynamic rims, Custom rear draws with fridge slide.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Blacklotusdog For This Useful Post:

NoRush (18th September 2014)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    How much are you prepared to spend? What do you do with your car? How long do you want it to last?

If you just want the cheapest lift you can get then grab a Blupac kit off eBay cheap. You get what you pay for though.

If you have a decent budget then buy the best you can afford. You will only need 4 springs and 4 shocks. I assume you can fit them yourself?
    well i have a budjet of arond $1500, and am prepaid to pay for something very decent in a 2'' lift... i will also be doing work bymyself,, done it coupla times before...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils fitted for 1300.
    2012 GU Patrol Simpson Edition. Auto. UHF, Bull Bar, 2" lift with Koni shocks, dobinson coils. 3" stainless Steel Exhaust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast