Thread: Undercover cops

Thanks
    Thanked 6,884 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    I am an Ex Biker and breathed the Great Ocean Road Fast for many years. when it was 100 all the way and no double lines. Rode teh bike on 1 point for years and have been very very lucky not to ever loose my license. I have seen 280k/ph on the road and over 265 twoup and done the Vic high country at double the speed limit and double the sign corner speed limit a number of times.

Then i had kids......

I am OK with the Police driving anything they like to hide in Plain Sight and catch whoever they can. I now drive via Cruise Control everywhere, use a Bluetooth hands free and am safe and courteous..

How many times have You been driving down the road and seen some Bloody Idiot doing something Bloody Dumb??? Many Times and that bloke could not give a Rats. Now imagine if you were a Copper sitting in your car when that happened? bang on! you'd ping him in a Blink and be thankful that you had that option available..

How many times have you thought? "Bloody Hell look at this dick head! Wheres a Copper when you need one?" Well if there was a Marked car running in your lane that bloke would save is ignorance and arrogance for another day, could be when your wife is driving the kids to school.

Police should be driving all sorts of older stuff. 10 years old and Invisible.

Bring it on.
    yeah i know what your saying but usually the cops that hide or the speed cameras arent going to get the people that you think "wheres a copper when you need one" about. They will only get those speeders that fly past. If a marked police car is in view it will stop people people doing all the dodgy stuff not just stop them speeding.
    on another note, i wonder how much of the percentage of speeding drivers fined are less that 15 ks over the limit? would anyone know how to find this info??
    Hello from Under Down Under!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    here is that doco i talked of earlier. Please take the time to watch. A good mates brother made the film. One of my best mates mum is the counciler narrating the film, the same mates cousin is the guy they interview that killed his best mate in a crash.

http://www.drive.org.au/index.html

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    My mate who's a jabber had a 302 in a 66 falcon as his Police car.
    Pre hoon days now, but he baited ppl to drag, then ping You're nicked son
    With all due respect TD, anyone who does that is a c#*t!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Yeah I know what your saying I just don't like it that speed gets picked on so much. It's not the biggest cause of accidents it's just the easiest to police, because it's the easiest to measure. If you could make a device to point at a car and measure how much of an idiot the driver was (for example, about to drive on the wrong side of the road or stop to take a pic) then they'd use that and no doubt save a heap more lives.

FanTapstic!
    I LOVE the concept of that.....a dickhead detector! Could have a bit if fun with that........

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

taslucas (15th April 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,354 Times in 6,459 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Ok, I get that you are in the wrong if you get caught, still hurst. But shouldnt it be prevetion not punishment??
    Bollocks. Punishment and more punishment. And more punishment until it gets through their head. Crush their cars regardless if they got finance on it I say.
    I don't know if anyone in Melbourne remembers a few years back when those five kids got killed in Mill Park when the driver lost control and slammed into a nearly three foot thick tree, tore the tree right out of the ground and left a stump and ripped the car to shreds, and the only survivor was a girl who had hear brother next to her dead in the car? That happened one street away from me and I heard the almighty bang, and then all the sirens. Well, a mate of those kids got caught a week later 1k from the crash site doing 100 over.
    These feck knuckles don't get it into their heads, even when five of their mates die a week ago. So, if hiding in a plain car and fining them when they do wrong is not the way about it, I don't know what is. I reckon it should be if you get a second fine in twelve months it should be double or triple the $$$ amount.

Quote Originally Posted by lhurley View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to have more marked cars driving around, preventing more people from doing stupid things, and catching those idiots that still do it, then to be hiding behind a bush?
    Well this is where they killed two birds. Catching more of the idiots and make the coin.

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Guys,

I think the original point of this thread is starting to get lost, it was a friendly warning to take care on our roads. Now we have had some posts about our recklessness in our youth and the things we have done and gotten away with, and some posts saying that the full penalty of the law should be brought down on those who do the wrong thing. I agree with both.

The bottom line is the more Police presence on our roads the better it is, whether it be marked cars doing more patrols(which I would prefer to see) or the police using stealth tactics to get the upper hand on the idiots.

I have said before, if there is a greater Police presence on our roads(more patrol cars) the better it is for two reasons,

1. People can't just say it's revenue raising, as they do now with speed cameras, and

2. When people see a Police car they instinctively slow down, this is a good thing.

For all the measures the government are putting in place(fixed cameras. speed traps etc) is it really having an affect on the road toll, No! they only sure method is to have patrols.

What good is it to take a photo of someone speeding(and send the fine 3 weeks later in the post) and let them continue to speed. Pull them over give them a ticket to the policemans ball, they won't be happy but THEY WILL SLOW DOWN.

Anyway these are my thoughts

Mark
    Last edited by MC97GQ; 16th April 2013 at 01:32 AM.
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MC97GQ For This Useful Post:

Bob (16th April 2013), Cbates (16th April 2013), taslucas (15th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Your right, it would be be better if there where more patrols....... More NISSAN patrols:-)

FanTapstic!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to taslucas For This Useful Post:

Drewboyaus (16th April 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Your right, it would be be better if there where more patrols....... More NISSAN patrols:-)

FanTapstic!
    Pharking funny! That's the first thing I thought of too when I read it...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,627 Times in 1,041 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Undercover cops

I seen a marked Patrol cop car last night booking some one last night and thought if they chase after me i'd get a pic of both trols together lol
    Last edited by Alitis007; 16th April 2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,115 Times in 2,901 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alitis007 View Post
    I seen a market Patrol cop car
    Yeah which market. Lol
    2011 GU8 ST 3.0 CRD, ARB Bullbar with IPF spotties, scrub bars and side steps, Snorkel, Dual Battery system, Waeco fridge, Turbo Timer, ARB Roof Rack with 5 IPF spotties across the front, Custom full Leather Bucket seats, DPchip, 3" Taipan exhaust, ARE Intercooler & scoop, Autron EGT/Boost and dual volt gauges, ARB front locker.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast