Thread: Loosely mechanical - f/l light wiper leaks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loosely mechanical - f/l light wiper leaks

Hi team, tell me if this is wrong place to ask but I think it is kindof mechanical...

Working out the kinks on my new (to me) 92 SWB Safari Kingsroad (facelift model, leather seats etc)
    I have front light wipers and the left one leaks at the wiper head, to the point of emptying out the wiper water tank.

Any ideas of a fix or am I looking at a new (old) wiper head unit?

Cheers
    Dave T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 6,624 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tough question here mate, that model did not come to Australia (Head light wipers was not an option here) but someone might know the answer, Sorry i cant help you
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    All you need is a one-way valve put in the hose.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ?
    Not sure I understand Yendor, isn't the problem that the current valve (or whatever is there) is leaking?

Where would I get a 1-way valve to try? Supercheap and Repco both didn't really have any idea last time I asked.
    Where would the leak be, in the wiper head or back in the wiper motor part? (I know the leak appears at the blade end but I think the problem may be further back in the setup...)

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the water is just dripping out of the nozzle/jet then yes I would say your current valve is faulty.

Me calling it a one way valve is probably not an accurate description, because its purpose is not to stop the water from flowing backwards, but to stop the flow of water from the washer bottle when the pump is not on.

We don't have the headlight washers over here, but if it works normally when you use the washers all you need to do is fit a valve in the hose as close as you can to the left hand side washer jet.

If you can find the old one then just replace it, if not then it doesn't matter if you leave it in there and just fit another one.

I have tried to find a photo on the web of what they look like with no luck, normally look like a straight joiner in the hose.

I am going to supercheap this morning, I will check with them there and see if I can get you a part number.

This is also a common fault on the GQ wagons, the water siphons out the rear washer jet.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

WoffoDave (9th October 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down to the wreckers and/or supercheap then. I'll let you know how I get on.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have just got back from Repco, the guy knew what I was talking about but they do not carry them. I also had a look in one of their universal washer bottle kits and it doesn't come with it.

You may need to go genuine. You could try and pm Nizzbits on this forum, he might be able to supply you one. (I'm guessing it will be very expensive).

I was just reading on another forum about a guy who got a valve from holden for about $10 and this stopped his rear washer from siphoning, part number was 92046017.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yendor For This Useful Post:

Silver (9th October 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, we have a couple of Nissan wreckers locally so will try there.
    (Our trucks don't seem to break down much so there wasn't many parts last time I was there)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,240 Times in 997 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ebay. I have seen them in the past on my travels through there.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dhuck For This Useful Post:

WoffoDave (10th October 2011)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hi, my Safari 91 long well base had wipers, ended up taking them off, as not really practical for me , just another object to damage when pushing through scub , doing a uturn on tight track, plus blades will scratch headlight glass if damaged , put em back on when you trade up, cheers bazz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast