OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Thread: Small Part needed - can you help?

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 7,478 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Small Part needed - can you help?

Hi folks,

I'm in the midst of getting our car & camper ready for an extended trip up the Cape in a few weeks time, & this morning discovered that the little plastic cap which fits over the remote winch controller had split & and disintegrated when removed.

It's a standard round Warn item which fits over the connector in the pic below.

The only items I can find online are in the USA & would cost around $70 with postage(!) & wouldn't get here in time. The local ARB shop suggested I'd have to buy a complete new control box(!) & the local wreckers said I could have one if I bought a complete winch from them!

Just wondering if anyone might have one sitting around that they could post to me. Happy to pay express postage & a few bucks for the plastic cap. FWIW the Warn Part description is a 'Winch Remote Control Socket Protector', Part no 98544 (which replaced 13299) Either would do. Doesn't need to be pretty - just in one piece. Doesn't even need to have the 'tail' piece to prevent loss when removed!

Pretty please - have a look in your shed to see if you've got one gathering dust somewhere. Alternatively if you can pick one up at a local wreckers or even buy new at a reasonable cost I'd be very grateful.

IMG_2991.jpeg
    Last edited by Cuppa; 14th May 2021 at 08:33 PM.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper.
    Patrol Sold after 11 years of ownership Replaced with 2006 OKA NT Expedition Truck. Cummins, Allison & lots of goodies
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)