Thread: All Things Chev

Threaded View

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been reading with interest some old posts on an alternate forum re bonnet scoops and areas of high and low pressure on the patrol bonnet.

I'm toying with the idea of putting a bigger intercooler on an hence if I do this obviously a bigger scoop.

Which got me thinking, would a bigger scoop offer and advantage even before I enlarge the intercooler, that was until I read these posts.

The general gist was that the high pressure areas are at the immediate front and at the base of the windscreen and hence the scoop itself is not actually in the optimum place.

In reading one of the posts someone mentioned that the radiator fan does not actual work by sucking in air but rather creating a low pressure area that the incoming are follow in. Which got me thinking again ......

If the fan created a low pressure area at the inside face of the radiator resulting is a crap load of air coming into the engine bay, this flows directly over the inlet manifold and hence under the intercooler. Would there not then be a high pressure area under the intercooler as a result of the radiator fan and hence would this negate the pressure differential across the intercooler thus making the intercooler getting stuff all air flow through it???

Also, has anyone actually put a fan on the BD supplied intercooler, and if so, how the photon have you mounted it?

Kindest regards
    Rainsey

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by rainsey; 31st January 2017 at 08:34 AM.