Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Photography Trip, QLD (Condamine Gorge) Expressions of interest

EDIT: Date set: 26th-27th November 2011

Camping Sat overnight @ camp lake fire

Quite a few people ive come across on this forum, like myself, appear to have a bit of interest in Photography, but normally on group trips, its just not practical (or fair) to request the group pull over or stop to take photos of everything that may be of artistic interest.

I wondered who may be interested in a "Photography" orientated trip, not taking it all toooo serious, basicly everything we normally may do on a 4x4 trip as a group, but everyone acknowledge, that we may wish to make "many" stops along the way , and stop for no other reason, other than someone in the group spots something of potential photographic value.

The trip and Photography itself would be very casual, with only a set final camp location, and a general route planned, the Photography won't be a competiton, and everyone can have the oppertunity to share ideas, as well as learn and try out some tips/ideas from others, all with no set time limits for stops/locations along the way (shoot till your happy, take your time, have fun without feeling rushed).

I dont have any set date in mind yet (see whos interested first), but id like to suggest the Condamine Gorge trip from the "Dirty Weekends" Book would be a great trip/place to go, it is not too far (starts at Boonah) and just crosses over the NSW boarder, the road crosses the Condamine River 14 times, and may offer water falls and great views ? (although ive never been to see myself)

It would make sence to do a overnighter so we don't have to rush (camping is available), we can share pic's and we may be lucky enough to capture a nice sunset, then later we could play around with some long exposure night time photography with cars/sparklers/glow sticks/people etc etc.

So whos keen ?
    Last edited by 04OFF; 14th November 2011 at 04:45 PM.
    <a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>