User Tag List

Thread: Fuel system

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having much time to investigate this since September I drove around with the sub tank warning light on and the sub tank half full and not operational.
    I had been reading about locating and testing the sub tank control module behind the climate control dials, but hadn't got around to testing it.

However in the meantime I read a reply in a thread on Patrol 4x4 by Frosty1970 that said "Before anyone does anything, Firstly, run a new earth from the body to the chassis. This will solve 75% of subtank problems!!"
    In another post by Chaz he included this detailed image of where to run the earth strap.

Last week I got around to running a cable the same as in the picture above.

I disconnected the battery to reset the sub tank and after almost half a dozen individual small trips the sub tank light hasn't come on again!
    It all seems to be working again as it should.

As a side note, from just initial tests, the remote to unlock the doors has gone from working no more than 2 metres away (and sometimes not for a few presses right next to the vehicle) to working pretty reliably from about 14 metres away.

I have to admit this is a fantastic double result from this very simple mod.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cremulator For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (24th December 2019), MB (24th December 2019), rusty_nail (24th December 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cremulator View Post
    Not having much time to investigate this since September I drove around with the sub tank warning light on and the sub tank half full and not operational.
    I had been reading about locating and testing the sub tank control module behind the climate control dials, but hadn't got around to testing it.

However in the meantime I read a reply in a thread on Patrol 4x4 by Frosty1970 that said "Before anyone does anything, Firstly, run a new earth from the body to the chassis. This will solve 75% of subtank problems!!"
    In another post by Chaz he included this detailed image of where to run the earth strap.

Last week I got around to running a cable the same as in the picture above.

I disconnected the battery to reset the sub tank and after almost half a dozen individual small trips the sub tank light hasn't come on again!
    It all seems to be working again as it should.

As a side note, from just initial tests, the remote to unlock the doors has gone from working no more than 2 metres away (and sometimes not for a few presses right next to the vehicle) to working pretty reliably from about 14 metres away.

I have to admit this is a fantastic double result from this very simple mod.
    I do recall a member named rocket something or another having similar success an posting about it mate. Great result!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Cremulator (24th December 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_nail View Post
    I do recall a member named rocket something or another having similar success an posting about it mate. Great result!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Yeh I read a few threads and was hoping that this simple fix would resolve my sub tank issues. The remote working better is a real bonus.