Ralph, BD supply a cheap in line filter pre the lift pump. I change this every 5000klm with the oil. I also run a 100um pre strainer down near the fuel tank, which is fitted with a 12v heater mat for the colder month trips. I run a CAV filter with clear glass bowl in the engine bay for final filtration and change this every 5000klm at oil change time as well.. I tried to duplicate this filtration at the fuel tank end, however had to 'retreat' to the strainer as the lift pump would not suck and push thru 2 CAV filters. When I remove the bowl to inspect it, first did this at 1000klm, at first oil change, it was clean and now water of scum/sediment, so happy with this set up for now.

I bought a spare lift pump off BD and they charged me $250. I checked the model and could buy the same pump ex USA for $80 including freight. I can dig out the model for you if interested, but will be tomorrow as its in my spares box under the truck. I think it is rated at something like 150LPHR at 12PSI - apologise for the mix of units.