Hi guys. I am looking at reduction gears for the GU. I run Toyo 315/75/16 with 4.6 diffs. I'm getting 2350 rpm in high at 100klm/h which I'm happy with. Low range is not ideal as i am finding I have to ride the clutch in some situations. I don't do the beach & i always shift to 4H or 2H on the tracks as soon as I don't need Low range. I am tossing up between the 63% (If ol mate has any sets left) & the 85% from Marks. I like doing the rocky stuff eg Spanish Steps for those that know the track & I had to slip the clutch a few times in certain spots.

I don't intend to give this rig as a hard time as I did the ol GQ, but still want to be able to do the harder tracks here & there. Doing some searches on the subject gets differing opinions as usual. What I want to see is some vids of GU's Or GQ 's running 63% reduction. Only one vid I can find & it's no use. I found a couple of good vids of a GU with 85%. 3lt & stock tyres so would be slightly slower than my set up I would imagine? I thought it looked good & would suit, but read a lot about those that don't like the 85% because they reckon it makes 1st useless & not much better for 2nd.

Need to get it happening soon & I'd rather not spend double replacing one or the other. So anyone got any decent vids of their or someones Patrol working the tracks with 63% reduction?

Cheers Jono.