Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GQ front door speakers... found some that fit :) no spacers needed

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GQ front door speakers... found some that fit :) no spacers needed

Heya peoples its been a while since i have dropped by, but i thought that all you GQ and Mav-GQ owners would like to know this..

As I am sure most of you are aware finding speakers to fit the front doors (without spacers) is a pain in the you know what. By pure chance a mate of mine who has a Mav-GQ ( no power windows ) bought a set of sony speakers that were on special @ repco for $19 they fit in the doors without spacers into the original mount holes. I have a GQ with power windows and hence have all the underlying plastic under the arm rest , I bought a set as well as my originals were ...stuffed years ago.

if you have a non power window model they fit perfectly, if you have power windows and all the plastic crap, all you have to do is add a 5-6 mm worth of washers onto the screws so the space the speaker cone away from the door skin backing panel. you cant even tell as the button clips that hold the skin on work fine even with the spacing.

here is the model number for those that are interested..

SONY XS-GTF-1627

their 190 watt peak (40 watt rated ) 2way speakers.. we got them from repco for $19.

they maybe not good enough for the younger folk that want the DUFF DUFF sound but for us old farts that just want tunes they do a great job

hope this helps...

cheers MOJO
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mojo01 For This Useful Post:

NissanGQ4.2 (31st December 2012), tracemul7 (10th February 2013), Wine_maker (22nd February 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No good u need the DUFF DUFF lol.. thanks for the advice just started lookin for speakers n already found a soloution cheer mate!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad I read that. I've only got 1 working speaker. LOL

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool, will try, thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that I have a 1000 watt amp driving my sub :P, mine does GO DUFF DUFF, or DOOOOOF DOOOF as I have a Pioneer DEH-8450BT head unit, but the sony speakers do fit in the doors without any issues and they even clear the window rail in the door by about 5 mm, so for those who have the power window model and dont want to have to chop the shit out of the door lining they are perfect
    I am spending my children's inheritance on my 92 GQ PATROL .. and by the time they get it, it will have way to many kilometers on the clock, and it wont be worth anything

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GQ front door speakers... found some that fit :) no spacers needed

Man that's handy to know. My last patrol used to go *CLUNK - Scraaaape* for the last 1/4 or so of winding the window down...

Snap nap or tap - it's your choice...
    HOW OLD would you BE is you didn't KNOW how old you ARE?

On the Hunt for a nice GQII Wagon, Manual with a 2" lift & 33s...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: GQ front door speakers... found some that fit :) no spacers needed

To bad the previous owner of my car didn't read this as he cut out a massive bit of metal out of the front doors to make some speakers fit. Now it's all rusted.
    TD42 turbo GQ - ironman snorkel - 4 inch flexy coils - 6" shocks - 3" straight exhaust - pyro and boost gauges in A pillar- uhf - winch - sunraisers - Bluetooth - spotties - front lokka

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol guess what I did yesterday! I bought 4 kenwood speakers when I first got my truck and had it all properly installed, in the winter. Great! Sounded awesome, then in the summer, my AC broke and I went to wind down my window. Wrong. Speakers were too deep. I ended up buying spacers and putting better speakers in yesterday. So annoying though.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this problem when i was getting my shorty on the road. But i found a pair of very loud speakers that are slim enough to fit. They are British Audio Vibe Series Level 2 LiteAir 6", they are 300 watt peak power @ 100watt RMS. AutObarn is the only retailer that I know that can import them. You do get what you pay for in these speakers as they are pretty pricey RRP @ $400.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,240 Times in 752 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your info!
    Now I am going to order it on ebay.
    But there are a few diameters for this model 4'', 5'', 6'', 6-1/2'', 6.5''. What’s diameter of your speakers?
    I'm Alexander and I'm the happiest owner of GQ Nissan Safari in the whole Central Asia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast