PDA

View Full Version : What did you do to your Patrol today!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Silver
9th August 2012, 01:38 AM
I thought the point of having paired belts was so that if one fails, it has a backup so it can still run?

I thought so, too, but that isn't what happened. I guess the design is to get more grip/drive?

Or perhaps I was just unlucky :-)

DX grunt
9th August 2012, 08:19 AM
...... and thanks for sharing the photos elsewhere of your camping set up.

Rick

No worries.

Forgot to mention I also checked my nuts. Tightened them to make sure they wouldn't fall off. lol
I'm talking about wheel nuts, of course PML.

The deciding factor was seeing that VERY expensive hose reel !!!!!

ozzyboy
9th August 2012, 07:52 PM
wire brushed / undercoat the underside of the gq.
fixed mud guards
rotated tyres
started the tedious job of trying to buff out the new pin striping i aquired yesterday !

ozz

AB
9th August 2012, 08:08 PM
Finally put a lock on the fridge slide as the banging around was driving me nuts.

And for the first time since I have owned it I cleaned the interior and the windows....lol....Must of been bored shipless!!!!

Winnie
9th August 2012, 08:13 PM
Bolted my muddies on ready for the weekend =]

Tappa tappa

DX grunt
9th August 2012, 08:41 PM
Put in my order for a new driver's seat belt & stalk with Garry from Nizzbits and it arrived in 3 days! I'm impressed.

Just a warning to everybody. Please check the seat belt near the bottom anchor point of your seatbelts.

I don't know if it's just my ute.

Without realizing it, over time, mine has been catching on the metal on the bottom of the seat/rail and has frayed to an 'unroadworthy' condition.

It hasn't been picked up when my truck's been serviced. Time to put something over the the bare metal and change the seat belt.

My weekend jobs.

robbo0001
10th August 2012, 04:40 PM
Still getting excessive dirt in filter housing after replacing the foam seal in the top of the air cleaner tub. Pulled inner wheel arch trim and front Passenger wheel arch trim off... To find the first hose clamp from the snorkel missing. Rubber seal was also partially dislodged and not sealed... New hose clamp and hopefully good to go now.
Picked up most parts for two inch flexi coill lift from Suspension Stuff...just waiting on front shocks and wil fit em up.
Now beer o'clock...sweet

robbo0001
10th August 2012, 05:02 PM
Haha stupid IPhone...spelling still shite.
But ya get the drift...
Cheers

snewin
10th August 2012, 06:01 PM
Today I drove it to work and back. And loved it. It's love.

wildgu6
10th August 2012, 06:04 PM
Today I drove it to work and back. And loved it. It's love.

X2 ain't love a bitch hahaha

Yappa Tappa Doo

threedogs
10th August 2012, 06:06 PM
Hey guys, back it off a bit, theres too much BROVE there lol

MC97GQ
11th August 2012, 02:00 AM
Ha ha,

Had the best day,

New head, new injectors, all new lower and upper thermostat housing, machined exhaust manifold, new air induction from turbo to inlet manifold, all new hoses for the cooling system and got to drive the truck again after nearly a fortnight.

And F Me if it don't fly. Boosting past 15psi now(best reading before was 11) and based on it's trial run today will go better than a tun.

I am one happy camper.

Mark

97_gq_lwb
11th August 2012, 01:08 PM
I pulled apart a front diff i had here to find a dodgy had been in there messing about their was no clip on the end of the cv the wheelbearing nuts were finger tight and the tab hadn't been bent over .
some people are a danger to themselves and others.

growler2058
11th August 2012, 01:40 PM
Got a spare key cut ;-)

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

DX grunt
11th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Gunna have a 'man' look at why my brake warning light came on yesterday. If it looks too hard, it's off to the mechanics on Monday - on the back of a trailer, towed by a RAC T T T, you know.

Ouch! That really hurt to say that.

Clunk
11th August 2012, 03:11 PM
Gunna have a 'man' look at why my brake warning light came on yesterday. If it looks too hard, it's off to the mechanics on Monday - on the back of a trailer, towed by a RAC T T T, you know.

Must of been all that off road action you've been putting the grunter through lately Rossco..... Might have shaken something loose

Ben-e-boy
11th August 2012, 03:25 PM
Ha ha,

Had the best day,

New head, new injectors, all new lower and upper thermostat housing, machined exhaust manifold, new air induction from turbo to inlet manifold, all new hoses for the cooling system and got to drive the truck again after nearly a fortnight.

And F Me if it don't fly. Boosting past 15psi now(best reading before was 11) and based on it's trial run today will go better than a tun.

I am one happy camper.

Mark

got any pictures?????

NissanGQ4.2
11th August 2012, 03:41 PM

have u checked ur brake fluid level???, when low it can come on going around corners and then go back out.

nipagu7
11th August 2012, 05:10 PM
Yeah im with Nissan gq4.2. check your brake fluid level.
I had to charge the battery in the old vn commadore a couple of days ago cause it's been a while since it ran . I noticed the brake fluid level had dropped somewhat from when i last topped it up at it's last and only brake pad change---about 20 years ago.
And me today . I fitted my new dashmat !!! Some days are diamonds , some days you do what you can !?!?!

MC97GQ
11th August 2012, 05:34 PM
got any pictures?????

Not yet Ben, but will put some up soon, I am waiting to get a pipe bent that runs from the turbo to the new fitting on the inlet manifold, what is there now is doing the job but looks like crap.

Lots of hose clamps and small pieces of silicone pipe to get the angles right.

Truck is going like a dream now, can't get over how much quicker it is now all the exhaust gasses are going to the turbo.

Yendor
11th August 2012, 05:51 PM
Replaced glow plugs, intercooler and cleaned out throttle body.

DX grunt
11th August 2012, 06:13 PM
Must of been all that off road action you've been putting the grunter through lately Rossco..... Might have shaken something loose

Not quite. lol.

Just read the owner's manual and it says if the light comes on, check the brake fluid level. I did and it wasn't on minimum, but it wasn't that far off it, so I'm guessing that's the problem. Pity the nearest 500ml of oil is 60k's away. Damn, will have to wait until Monday.

I'm moving in 16 days and will be closer to my young fella, who is about 2 months off finishing his HDD mechanic apprenticeship.

I've got a shopping list for him to do on my truck. First thing is to change all the fluids.

Then he has 15 years and 364 days of payback he owes me. hahaha

The little preek was seriously thinking of charging me for the service! I don't mind paying for the parts, but labour WILL BE mate's rates - until his debt is repaid - in full, and a bit more. lol

Drew
11th August 2012, 06:14 PM
Plugged in the new scangauge and found that even though the tachometer was showing it idling at 450rpm it said 750rpm so I'm happy now I know it isn't idling slow

macca
11th August 2012, 07:12 PM
The little preek was seriously thinking of charging me for the service! I don't mind paying for the parts, but labour WILL BE mate's rates - until his debt is repaid - in full, and a bit more. lol

With an attitude like that, reckon we all get a free service when we pass your way LOL

Had the same problem with my dash light, the fluid level was down.
Felt like a real goose when our mechanic showed me, hadn't even left his workshop before he had it fixed. At least it didn't cost me much...

Good luck mate, with the truck and the move.
Macca

boots
11th August 2012, 09:48 PM
Power/ battery issues recently . charged both batteries during the week and fitted both back in today , turns out my main starter battery has died . second batt is a normal type so put it in the starter spot and all good - for now .starter batt looked like original so for an 04 model I cant complain .

HammerBuilder
11th August 2012, 10:03 PM
Started building Aluminium Rear Draws out of offcuts from aluminium trays I started a build post & posting pics in the DIY section here for anyone else to see & give me suggestions, all coments welcome

Cheers

choochie
11th August 2012, 10:23 PM
Fitted new HD adj drag link, steering damper and new HD tie rod ends. Still need to fit the HD lower control arms this week.

Also fitted the chicken oil tray; damn awkward when filters are still in place!!! Looking forward to doing the oil change tomorrow though :)

[Tapatalk2 on Nexus7]

waflyer
13th August 2012, 11:26 AM
Started fitting rear quarter storage units. Plywood and tools everywhere! :)

macca
13th August 2012, 02:25 PM
Took the Patrol to work today, had the work trailer on as it has all the power line gear.

Had to straighten a power pole. Winch was used to support it, dug around base pulled it verticle again added 9 bags of quickset and job done.

So we thought, we was bogged. Couldnt back up the hill and a creek in front of us. Mmmmmm.

Tied the trailer to a stump with the drag chain, un hitched so we could get the Ute clear then dragged the trailer round.

We had a bloody good time just like kids in a mud puddle.

Cheers Macca

threedogs
13th August 2012, 02:34 PM
Fitted 600 led light strip to my Awning.
removed IC to clean but was dry ,so was ok.
Fitted dawes and needle valve and all seems to be going well, just some fine tuning
Happy camper again.

Kevs GU
13th August 2012, 06:35 PM
Started to put the finishing touches to my home made rear storage in my GU but ran out of material try again next week.

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2012, 06:49 PM
Bought 2 slabs of Jacks Daniels cans and filled the car fridge. Oh yeah, also put 2 cans of Coke and 2 bottles of water.

HammerBuilder
13th August 2012, 09:33 PM
Bought 2 slabs of Jacks Daniels cans and filled the car fridge. Oh yeah, also put 2 cans of Coke and 2 bottles of water.

At least you put the main stuff in first hey luv the way you think

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2012, 10:20 PM
At least you put the main stuff in first hey luv the way you think

A man can't live on food alone, he must have something to quench his thirst. Not my fault I'm always thirsty.

DX grunt
14th August 2012, 05:57 PM
Topped my brake fluid up today and light went out.

I got told to get my brake pads checked out. They might have just about worn out and thus the excessive use of brake fluid.

I'm sure the last service they were around 80%, but I'll get it checked out anyway.

Winnie
14th August 2012, 06:10 PM
Put a new rear wiper blade on and got my tyre refitted.

macca
14th August 2012, 06:39 PM
Topped my brake fluid up today and light went out.

I got told to get my brake pads checked out. They might have just about worn out and thus the excessive use of brake fluid.

I'm sure the last service they were around 80%, but I'll get it checked out anyway.

Good to hear Rosco

Cheers Macca

threedogs
14th August 2012, 06:59 PM
Gave the mighty GU a road test after fitting dawes and needle valve yesterday.
GU is flying but a tad more boost see it perfect , and to think a few days ago I was prepared to burn it, very frustating. thanks to Chaz, Fish n surf and Boots and all others who PM'ed

oncedisturbed
14th August 2012, 07:02 PM
Not much except pay the 13k bill on repairs, hopefully get it back by the end of the months. 2 months without the rig giving me withdrawl symptoms

threedogs
14th August 2012, 07:05 PM
Thats a loooooong time Whats it in for?

Stropp
14th August 2012, 09:11 PM
Not much except pay the 13k bill on repairs, hopefully get it back by the end of the months. 2 months without the rig giving me withdrawl symptoms

Holy poo! 13 k!!! Did you put a 4.2 in it? Did they have to do a complete rebuild?

DX grunt
17th August 2012, 07:41 AM
I was gunna wash the outside of my truck and get some PR photos in the Stirling Range National Park.

But at the moment, it's overcast, so we'll see how it goes a bit later.

Should look fantastic.....White truck, orange D shackles and a red Harry Hardcase, with the mountains in the background.

Winnie
17th August 2012, 08:12 AM
Sounds pretty cool Grunter!

Took my bullbar off yesterday so it's all naked and ready for Monday!

taslucas
17th August 2012, 09:02 AM
I was gunna wash the outside of my truck and get some PR photos in the Stirling Range National Park.

But at the moment, it's overcast, so we'll see how it goes a bit later.

Should look fantastic.....White truck, orange D shackles and a red Harry Hardcase, with the mountains in the background.

Any excuse for more forum modelling!

Tap, crackle, pop

DX grunt
17th August 2012, 09:05 AM
Any excuse for more forum modelling!

You've got me sussed! I'm too predictable.

Still too cold over here to model in my summer attire. PML

oncedisturbed
17th August 2012, 09:15 AM
Holy poo! 13 k!!! Did you put a 4.2 in it? Did they have to do a complete rebuild?

Brand new 4.8 going back in, wouldve cost more to switch across

Stropp
17th August 2012, 05:14 PM
what happened with warranty?????

macca
17th August 2012, 06:15 PM
Left it in the shed, went to the races for a trade day.

Well watered and fed....and made $110 profit on the ponies :1062: :first:

Today and cup day are the only times I have a bet so happy as.

oncedisturbed
17th August 2012, 07:07 PM
what happened with warranty?????

Turns out the govt dept that had it only services it 3 times, only found out after weeks of tracking down the service history as the motor pool doesnt do them anymore apparently????

The BigFella
17th August 2012, 07:20 PM
well not exactly my Patrol but I did just repaint our new (used) camper trailer, fitted some extra's like a AM/FM/CD/Stereo, small L.E.D. Courtesy lights.
Heading down to Swansea van park tomorrow night to check it out,,,,,

DX grunt
17th August 2012, 07:53 PM
Gave it a quick wash and polished the cab for the piccies...... For example....

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af279/DXgrunt/DXgruntintheflesh17082012007.jpg

oncedisturbed
17th August 2012, 08:24 PM
Just got off the phone to Nissan, motor will be here next week but the troll wont be ready for another 3 weeks ARGH!

Why the hell is it so hard for stealerships to get there act into gear?

threedogs
17th August 2012, 08:34 PM
Took it for a decent run up the HWY after fitting dawes and needle valve.
probably need a tad more boost, other than that its flying at last,

silly one
18th August 2012, 04:44 PM
put a set of breathers on today quite easy ran them all up into the top left corner in the engine bay came out lookin a treat

Woof
18th August 2012, 04:57 PM
Washed it again...........3rd time in about 2 years

2TROLLFAM
18th August 2012, 05:10 PM
Washed it again...........3rd time in about 2 years

WOW - lash out why don't ya LOL

NissanGQ4.2
18th August 2012, 05:11 PM

I would of bought a good GQ for less than that, parted the GU out ( or taken it to the scrap heap ) and would of had money left over to spend on more mods *LMAO*

Petit caillou
18th August 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

Window washing. The fact is that you know how to wash your car windows in a very effective way to have no trace?

I use white vinegar with a sponge, I put white vinegar on the sponge I go on the glass and I wipe immediately with a dry lint free cloth.

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1508/18082012496.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/18082012496.jpg/)
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8128/18082012497.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/407/18082012497.jpg/)

regards,
Pierre.

NissanGQ4.2
18th August 2012, 05:48 PM
Hi all,

Window washing. The fact is that you know how to wash your car windows in a very effective way to have no trace?

I use white vinegar with a sponge, I put white vinegar on the sponge I go on the glass and I wipe immediately with a dry lint free cloth.

regards,
Pierre.

Looks like you need to update your stickes Pierre. The sticker is meant to read nissanpatrol.com.au

Petit caillou
18th August 2012, 05:57 PM
Looks like you need to update your stickes Pierre. The sticker is meant to read nissanpatrol.com.au

yes maybe a 1100mm one to put on the side,... the difficulty for me is to pay because of the bank tranfer that cost a lot,... I try to buy polo for me and my son but the bank transfer charge is too heavy, maybe some one with paypal can help,...

regards
Pierre.

DX grunt
18th August 2012, 07:17 PM
yes maybe a 1100mm one to put on the side,... the difficulty for me is to pay because of the bank tranfer that cost a lot,... I try to buy polo for me and my son but the bank transfer charge is too heavy, maybe some one with paypal can help,...

regards
Pierre.

Are you allowed to put big stickers across the top of your windscreen?

AB
18th August 2012, 07:40 PM
Fixed loads of annoying little problems to get it ready for the QLD meet up....Not long to go now!!!!

Flares, plastic trim under arches, filters, leaks, organised, etc....It's finally coming together now!!!

Petit caillou
18th August 2012, 08:07 PM
Are you allowed to put big stickers across the top of your windscreen?

Hi DX grunt,

Yes we are allowed to put stickers on windscreen.

Best regards
Petit caillou.

DX grunt
18th August 2012, 08:17 PM
Hi DX grunt,

Yes we are allowed to put stickers on windscreen.

Best regards
Petit caillou.

I will buy you a windscreen sticker for free and post it to you for free.

There is only one condition I will do this.......you must post a picture of your truck, with the sticker on the windscreen, on this forum. Deal?

Please PM (Personal Message) me your address so I can send you the sticker.

It may take a few weeks to get there because I am moving, but you will get it!!!

Take care out there.

Ross

Petit caillou
18th August 2012, 09:14 PM
PM sent ;-)

MC97GQ
19th August 2012, 08:35 AM
Hey Pierre,

I know this sounds a bit cliched, but a shot sometime with the Eiffel Tower or some other notable French landmark like the new Millau Viaduct in the background would be great.

But if not, even just NissanPatrol.com advertised globally is a good thing.

Mark

Petit caillou
19th August 2012, 04:01 PM
Hey Pierre,

I know this sounds a bit cliched, but a shot sometime with the Eiffel Tower or some other notable French landmark like the new Millau Viaduct in the background would be great.

But if not, even just NissanPatrol.com advertised globally is a good thing.

Mark

Hi Mark,

I don't have pictures with viaduc de Millau or Tour Eiffel at the rear and a Patrol in front.
But you can see pictures of them here :

Viaduc de Millau (https://www.google.fr/search?q=viaduc+de+milliau&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=tnkwUJONA-6X0QWuqoGADQ&biw=1440&bih=768&sei=vXkwUOcVgqDRBaHsgPAM#um=1&hl=fr&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vXkwUILLDKKh0QXmyYHYDA&ved=0CEYQvwUoAQ&q=viaduc+de+millau&spell=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=1&biw=1440&bih=768)

Viaduct Official website (http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/#/accueil/)

Tour Eiffel (https://www.google.fr/search?q=tour+eiffel&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=fr&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=_XkwUNL7IuLS0QW74IDwDQ&biw=1440&bih=768&sei=AHowUMu1Caii0QXT34DoDA)

regards
Petit caillou.

boots
19th August 2012, 05:47 PM
Fitted 15mm coil spacers in front to get the beast sitting pretty and removed front radius arms to fit castor correction bushes in . Got a press at work and will fit 2 degree rubber correction bushes in during the week .

MC97GQ
19th August 2012, 06:03 PM
Come on Pierre,

We need a shot of YOUR Patrol(with the new sticker)with one of these landmarks in the shot.:thumbup:

Think of it as a road trip

Mark

DX grunt
19th August 2012, 06:11 PM
Got a call from a damzell (?) in distress. Her and hubby broke down about 120ks from where I live, with gearbox trouble. No gears at all - vehicle in neutral, but stuck in 4wd.

The vehicle involved.....a Zook!

First thing I loaded into my truck was my camera, followed by the recovery gear. lol

Sorry Wayne, you're too far away for payback. lol

Irvs
19th August 2012, 08:49 PM
Installed my subwoofer today, swapped it out of the work van. Had some problems with it initially as I didn't have a good earth, fixed that up promptly and then I turned on the radio and it didn't work, didn't have time to trace the cable before it got too dark to work but found one end of a cut coaxial cable in the engine bay.... could be an old CB antenna cable from previous owner or I may have somehow cut the radio antenna......frustrating stuff.

MEGOMONSTER
19th August 2012, 09:40 PM
Nothing like a good bass emanating from the rear.

nissannewby
19th August 2012, 10:34 PM
Are we still talking about stereos

patch697
19th August 2012, 10:58 PM
I towed a boat with it & went fishing..... 10 min old brown trout fillets eaten right out of the pan.... BEAUTIFUL.................lol

Maxhead
20th August 2012, 07:52 AM
I towed a boat with it & went fishing..... 10 min old brown trout fillets eaten right out of the pan.... BEAUTIFUL.................lol

Onya Pauly, rub it why don't ya. Hahaha
How you been mate, all good I hope?

..........on the move

choochie
20th August 2012, 01:56 PM
Installed new hd rear lower control arms. The front bolts were a b$&!h to get off!!!!

patch697
20th August 2012, 02:09 PM
Onya Pauly, rub it why don't ya. Hahaha
How you been mate, all good I hope?

..........on the move
G/day Kris, whe're just doing the do mate this end mate (as you do...lol)

It was a great days fishing & just breathtaking views from where we went.

The great outdoors, I could be or live without it.

Hope all's well your end mate & feel free to pack up the family & come stay at our fire & fish till your arms fall off............lol

growler2058
20th August 2012, 02:46 PM
Fitted the roof rack that's been off for two years. Only temp tho

Drew
20th August 2012, 03:40 PM
Washed her, got my finger jammed in the gate :furious: then had an idiot at the front door :mad: after all that she still looks good:smile::smile:

Bagheera
20th August 2012, 03:44 PM
Handed over $470 to get the alternator replaced. Still not sure what I did during the service to screw it up, but apparently was already on it's way out as the windings were shagged, and the earth point was not properly connected. Oh the joys of secondhand vehicles.

Good news is it now has fresh oil, trans fluid, fuel filter, oil filter, air filter, battery terminal, alternator, tyres rotated and NADS mostly done (fine tuning on the dawes valve to come).

Maxhead
20th August 2012, 04:17 PM
G/day Kris, whe're just doing the do mate this end mate (as you do...lol)

It was a great days fishing & just breathtaking views from where we went.

The great outdoors, I could be or live without it.

Hope all's well your end mate & feel free to pack up the family & come stay at our fire & fish till your arms fall off............lol

Good to hear mate. I'd love to see your end of this country one day mate so I'll hold ya to it.

..........on the move

Maxhead
20th August 2012, 04:18 PM
Fitted the roof rack that's been off for two years. Only temp tho

You sure the poor old girl can handle all that excess weight??? Hahaha

..........on the move

MC97GQ
20th August 2012, 04:19 PM
Installed my TurboSmart incab manual boost controller.

And took a few shots of the new head,new fitting for inlet manifold, thermo housings and other bits and pieces

growler2058
20th August 2012, 04:43 PM
You sure the poor old girl can handle all that excess weight??? Hahaha

..........on the move

Dont you worry about Agatha mate the td42 could take 100 of those big heavy buggers

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2012, 05:34 PM
I sold it, well actually swapped, had the choice of a Toyota or a case of bourbon.................... Took the case of bourbon :)

Winnie
20th August 2012, 06:58 PM
Fitted my new Millweld Commercial winch bar!!!

choochie
21st August 2012, 01:51 AM
Fitted my new Millweld Commercial winch bar!!!

Snap. Helped a mate fit his on the weekend with a tigerz 11 grande winch. Looks awesome.

BRTSyndrome
21st August 2012, 06:01 PM
Chased and discovered why my headlights weren't working.

The fuse box in the driver's side kick panel has two fuses for headlights. Two circuits, one power feed.
Cut the wires loose away from the green death and installed an inline fusible link to them.

First time, wrong way around one light stays on with a constant power feed and forgot to put heat shrink on one end
Second time resoldered heatshrink on both no worries mate and works a treat will put photo's up for those interested.
Went for drive and RHS light globe (sealed unit) seems to have air in it and smoked up and blew out. Damn cheap lights
Will be purchasing hella sealed or semi sealed globes for the beast now.

boots
22nd August 2012, 10:10 PM
Pressed in my new offset bushes into the radius arms today at work . got them home and scrubbed and wire brushed the arms and painted them gloss black . start install tomorrow night - hopefully .

WogsRus
22nd August 2012, 10:13 PM
Ordered a set of ProComp EX9000 ex US delivered well under $300
Ordered my 2" springs

Lift here we come, alll under $600, just need swaybar disconnects

macca86
22nd August 2012, 10:19 PM
Picked up a cross country cooler for my zd30 800 bucks off a good bloke from this forum

Shonky
22nd August 2012, 10:51 PM
While at work, I was learning to weld using a mig welder. For my first project, I decided to make a fishing rod holder for Theo. Got it all fitted and ready to roll for when I actually buy some rods haha

ozzyboy
23rd August 2012, 04:30 PM
replaced broken rear tail light in bar, and finished buffing the scratches out of it.

ozz

boots
23rd August 2012, 09:12 PM
Fitted front radius arms back in this evening . new rubber bushes . happy days .

mudski
23rd August 2012, 10:43 PM
Fitted a 3inch Redback exhaust, well, finished on Tuesday it was.
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2982/sam0031large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/210/sam0031large.jpg/)http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7331/sam0034large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/33/sam0034large.jpg/)
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/5859/sam0043large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/sam0043large.jpg/)http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/8175/sam0046large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/sam0046large.jpg/)
Finished off my accessory plate in the rear...
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3239/picture010largec.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/picture010largec.jpg/)
fitted another ciggie socket in the blank in the console...
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/8134/sam0041large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/sam0041large.jpg/)
and fitted the recovery plates yesterday.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/773/sam0040large.th.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/sam0040large.jpg/)
Now for the next project...

mrflibbles
25th August 2012, 07:24 PM
gave the truck a steam clean underneath and under the bonnet, just to see what it had under the muck!

megatexture
26th August 2012, 01:24 AM
Put a 100watt hid kit in my light force man they are awesome!!

Drew
26th August 2012, 07:35 AM
Connected the blue/white wire that controls the auto-antenna that Autobahn couldn't be stuffed doing when they put the stereo in.:furious:

DX grunt
26th August 2012, 09:23 AM
Packing up the 'boot' with stuff the removalist won't take.

Steve4wdin
26th August 2012, 11:24 AM
changed the blinkers and parkers over to leds in bull bar.

threedogs
26th August 2012, 12:21 PM
Started to put my Muddies on for up coming fishing trip, but the Pr$%ck at the 4x4 shop rattled gunned them so they wont budge.
glad I wasn't in the bush, they normally use torque ends for me. will never go again. Only get one chance with my 4x4

Flo-w
26th August 2012, 11:55 PM
Installed a set of Narva lights today. Beauty.

megatexture
27th August 2012, 12:16 AM
fitted 100w hid kit to my lightforce 240s man they are awsome !! bring on some light bars now also

Steve4wdin
27th August 2012, 11:36 AM
Just had Mr nissan do 10,000 k service. $300 later

threedogs
27th August 2012, 12:13 PM
Finally got the front wheel nuts off [both] with the help of a 4 foot piece of pipe.
What ever made the shop do them that tight has got me beat.
Check yours just in case you go bush and get a flat or peel a tyre off.
Anyway Muddies are now on, lets go

Winnie
27th August 2012, 12:16 PM
That's a joke hey!!

oncedisturbed
27th August 2012, 04:01 PM
Nudda zip, did get a call from commerce who stated the stealership is at fault with my troll and responsible for my $13k bill so heres hoping they come to the party.

If all goes well I ahould get the troll back on friday with a brand spankers 4.8 thirsty donk in it

Winnie
27th August 2012, 04:13 PM
Nudda zip, did get a call from commerce who stated the stealership is at fault with my troll and responsible for my $13k bill so heres hoping they come to the party.

Finally some good news for ya hey! Good luck with the rest of it.

davo94
27th August 2012, 08:15 PM
working on tuning the gas and craby system. It chooses one of another to run well on and farts and coughs on the other.

Stropp
27th August 2012, 08:21 PM

If all goes well I ahould get the troll back on friday with a brand spankers 4.8 thirsty donk in it

That's great if they come to the party would be a saviour if that happens.

the godfather
28th August 2012, 11:17 PM
Bolted on a reverse light and wired it up. Now I can see when I reverse instead of relying on the single Nissan light.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19549

Clunk
29th August 2012, 01:07 AM
Bolted on a reverse light and wired it up. Now I can see when I reverse instead of relying on the single Nissan light.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19549

How bright is that? Im guessing its a little led jobby?

oncedisturbed
29th August 2012, 10:33 AM
I need to look at something like that reverse light on mine, even though I have the kaymar bar with LEDS in it, still not very bright but not sure whether I would put it there as I can see it getting knocked off whilst wheeling

BRTSyndrome
29th August 2012, 12:47 PM
Wired in sounds folk's, woohoo! the old one was was a cash converter's jobbie so I ditched it just in case it was a stolen piece lol. don't want that sort of dirt on my hands these days you see. :-) just a cheap jvc 50wx4 stezza but i did it properly with solder and heatshrink. make sure those connections are idiotproofed folk's. on the bright side I went bashing in the scrub in south hedland and had a ball, lost a mudflap and woke up this morning to a gearbox that won't go into first or second. bit of bitching and a quick jab to the gearstick moved her into freedom now i have my gears back woo x2.

BRTSyndrome
29th August 2012, 12:49 PM
also looking at why the previous owner bypassed the spotlight switch meaning more piss farting around today to try and resolve that one. no biggie but still peace of mind s more comforting than the feeling of yellow on the windscreen. lol good day troller's

the godfather
29th August 2012, 03:19 PM
I need to look at something like that reverse light on mine, even though I have the kaymar bar with LEDS in it, still not very bright but not sure whether I would put it there as I can see it getting knocked off whilst wheeling

The reverse light is an OEX, 900 Lumen output, LED (9-50V)
It is bright bright. It is quick to remove when hardcore 4 wheeling. One little cap screw.
They aren't easy to break as they are cast iron. I was going to put it up near the spare as other have done, but I find that a pian in the bottom.

MEGOMONSTER
30th August 2012, 06:00 PM
I looked under the front seat as I dropped some coins this morning and low and behold a $20 note. Yipeeeee

Winnie
30th August 2012, 06:10 PM
Whoah gotta love that!!

MEGOMONSTER
30th August 2012, 06:12 PM
Whoah gotta love that!!

Spent already on cold and flu tablets, haven't been able to breathe through my nose since lunchtime. Giving me the sh*ts.

97_gq_lwb
30th August 2012, 06:35 PM
Got half way through a spartan locker install.

oncedisturbed
30th August 2012, 09:28 PM
Picked up the troll from Nissan......Finally! Runs like a gerbel on steroids BUT they lost the remote to my stereo, lens cover off 1 of my spotties and the Aircon has no gas in it!

What a bunch of twats

growler2058
30th August 2012, 09:31 PM
Picked up the troll from Nissan......Finally! Runs like a gerbel on steroids BUT they lost the remote to my stereo, lens cover off 1 of my spotties and the Aircon has no gas in it!

What a bunch of twats

Frokn @#$%& go em for everything

Clunk
30th August 2012, 09:33 PM

What a bunch of twats

Bunch of bloody Muppets, good to hear your Trol is mobile once more....... So they now owe you even more then!!!!!

Bloodyaussie
30th August 2012, 09:34 PM
Hopefully got my gas system working properly $196 later but if its sorted it will be worth it, was only getting 200km-230km from a full 100 litre tank

oncedisturbed
30th August 2012, 10:57 PM
yup def a bunch of muppets, gonna have to try ring them tomorrow and find out WTF is going on lolol and more than likely back to Nissan next week for the AC

Big_Roy
2nd September 2012, 02:40 PM
After battling some stubborn nuts and bolts I finally got the pyro in yesterday, also put in a boost gauge. Got autometer gauges out of the states for a good price although the pyro is in fahrenheit I am happy with them.
Changed the globes to amber ones and they match the main cluster pretty well. Now I can see what the motor is doing and keep an eye on it, may install a NADS in the future but see how it goes in the mean time.

threedogs
2nd September 2012, 03:05 PM
Good idea Roy best thing you can do.
I put a little more boost into the Patrol, Egts still get around 400c on hard throttle,
Hell of a lot zippier now,

Sir Roofy
2nd September 2012, 04:26 PM
Nothing just admired it for looking so good
love my troll

Winnie
2nd September 2012, 04:30 PM
Took it out yesterday, did a couple of deep river crossings, up over the bonnet and she loved it. Might get a snorkel sometime soon though lol

Tappa tappa

the godfather
2nd September 2012, 04:30 PM
Fixed cup holders:
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19644

mrflibbles
2nd September 2012, 07:26 PM
fixed my starter today, starts good and proper now!

threedogs
2nd September 2012, 07:29 PM
My GU came with the OE cup holders, but I dont use them,
I have 2 empty stubbie holders there full of pens and remotes
Great idea put it in the DIY section

MEGOMONSTER
2nd September 2012, 11:19 PM
Turned the chip back up to six

DX grunt
2nd September 2012, 11:28 PM
Drove it like I stole it, until I saw the cops, then drove it like nanna on her way to church. lol

Woof
3rd September 2012, 12:07 AM
Drove it like I stole it, until I saw the cops, then drove it like nanna on her way to church. lol

Got to watch those cops Ross, you never know where they are mate....lol

Tank
3rd September 2012, 06:07 AM
Washed the mud and clay off o that my wife can get in and out without getting it on her good clothes:blowup:

DX grunt
7th September 2012, 12:16 AM
Well, I've finally had to lift the bonnet and spend a bit of money - instead of spending my money on toys. lol

Got a full set of turbo and exhaust gaskets from Nizzbits. Just waiting for the postie and my son to turn up.

robbo0001
7th September 2012, 06:25 AM
Discovered the drivers door lock is stuffed, locks all doors apart from itself.
Will pull door card off over weekend and have a look.

oncedisturbed
7th September 2012, 08:24 PM
Rewired the spotties (before getting crook as a dog) with a new Lightforce harness as the Narva 1 was crap, also wired up and mounted the lightbar also with a Lightforce harness.

Ran out of time so mounted them with a common switch until I get time to trace the cable through to another dedicated switch. Just need to try them out of a night-time now.

Bigrig
7th September 2012, 09:39 PM
Bloody nothing ... and the exhaust manifold is loose and whining, the drivers side mirror is just about off, the rear slider windows are all stuffed, I have a terrible shudder at 90klms after our little venture the other week through the track at the back of my joint, the fuel reg is stuffed and causing grief on cold starts, and I've found two rust spots (bubbling) In the gutter near the B pillar on the passenger side ...

Ahhhh ... nothing like having "something to do tomorrow" !!! lol

MEGOMONSTER
8th September 2012, 04:08 PM
Booked in a date to fit my new Autron gauges

Tank
8th September 2012, 08:41 PM
Finshed my roof baskets and mounted it up. It is 1.2m x 2.4m and is mounted on 4 roof rack bars so it shouldn't go anywhere.
Also picked up a rebuild kit for the front swival hubs. The passanger one has a not so small diff oil leak that needs attention before I head away with the boys in a few weeks

snewin
8th September 2012, 08:53 PM
Steel winch bar fitted. Bushskinz bash guard put on. Dual stebel nautilus airhorns wired up. Pillar pod & autometer boost &egt gauges ordered. It was a great day.

Flo-w
9th September 2012, 08:53 PM
Installed LED light in the roof top tent and in the boot.
Installed a water transfer pump.
Applied second layer of clear coat to the kitchen drawer.
Tidied up fuse box.

MEGOMONSTER
10th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Got the car booked in to fix the door tomorrow and car park where it happened also caught the guy red handed and got the shit beaten out of him by the car park attendant as he tried to attack him as he confronted him but I can't get reimbursed by him as it can not be proven it was him. 19921

Winnie
10th September 2012, 07:26 PM
Got the car booked in to fix the door tomorrow and car park where it happened also caught the guy red handed and got the shit beaten out of him by the car park attendant as he tried to attack him as he confronted him but I can't get reimbursed by him as it can not be proven it was him. 19921

That result is better than being reimbursed, there could only be one greater result, and that is if it was you beating the snot out of him!

MC97GQ
10th September 2012, 08:11 PM
Fitted new cab mounts, what a pr**k of a job, all the bolts were seized badly.

But what a difference, the others were flogged out beyond belief, the cab is now sitting 25mm above the chassis as opposed to resting on the chassis.

I would recommend every one to check their cab mounts, as on the GQ(not sure about other models) The brake lines to the rear actually sit on top of the chassis rail, and could be pinched if the cab mounts collapse.

Also get your cab mounts from Nizzbits, genuine Nissan mounts nearly $20 a pair cheaper than I've seen any where on the web.

Mark

Flo-w
12th September 2012, 10:18 PM
Installed my water storage system composed of 2 water bladders, a transfer pump, plumbing and a fancy key operated switch so that the water pump doesn't start by accident.
Got the mechanic to upgrade my rear coils with heavy duty ones.
Installed a sand flag.

robbo0001
12th September 2012, 10:37 PM
Fitted a remote keyless entry system and a new door solenoid, tidied up all the originally crappy wiring under the dash.

Pressed the lock/ unlock buttons 900 times...just to make sure it worked.

patch697
13th September 2012, 12:04 AM
Enjoyed the A/M central locking/keyless entry I fitted to it yesterday...On all 5 doors to........ Its bloody swish now...hahahahahah

patch697
13th September 2012, 12:06 AM
Pressed the lock/ unlock buttons 900 times...just to make sure it worked.

Me too.........................hahahahahaha

WogsRus
13th September 2012, 07:28 AM
Installed my ProComp shocks today, WOW what a difference. For all those who said they are soft, NOPE not the 9000 series, as good if not better the billies in every situation i have thrown them at so far. Got a big day out on Sunday so we will see how it goes.

Shonky
13th September 2012, 12:22 PM
Also picked up a rebuild kit for the front swival hubs.

Is that for a gq or gu? Where did you get the kit and for how much? My swivel hubs need a new seal kit especially my LH one

taslucas
13th September 2012, 12:36 PM
Is that for a gq or gu? Where did you get the kit and for how much? My swivel hubs need a new seal kit especially my LH one

Do a search on this forum, there are a few threads with some info on the hub kit. I got my kit from online auto parts. I can't post a link as I'm on my phone atm sorry.

Tap, crackle, pop

robbo0001
13th September 2012, 05:45 PM
New front shocks picked up and fitted...
Finally the lift is finished, now I just need to raise my external garage so I can get out with the roof racks.

GUtsy ute
13th September 2012, 05:51 PM

Here's the link to what Taslucas bought.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/400216744722?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_2106wt_1139

boots
13th September 2012, 07:55 PM
Well I drove it today for the first time in two weeks , been parked at work and using works cars and fuel . Got it home and fitted an engel power socket in the rear of the wagon . Will try and hard wire it up in the next week or two or ... . Havent got a fridge just yet but I'm working on that .

threedogs
13th September 2012, 08:03 PM
YO boots get the travel base not the springy one but the plastic one where you change feet on Engel, highly recommend.
If you need pic let me Know. Hard wired is best option, I used merit, 2nd best option, yell out when you have fridge funds

boots
13th September 2012, 08:15 PM
Cheers threedogs will do .

Kevs GU
13th September 2012, 08:43 PM
Had to adjust the rear draw catch today so the finance minister could open the draw without complaining,cant upset the better half.

The BigFella
14th September 2012, 09:22 PM
another 5000k's this week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, at this rate he'll have 600,000 by Christmas!

DX grunt
15th September 2012, 10:07 AM
Got all the turbo and exhaust gaskets sent to me from Nesbitts. Now just got to organize my son to fit them after a bit of machining.

AB
15th September 2012, 10:32 AM
Took draw system out to swap sides of baby seat...bloody mud!!!!...lol

Sir Roofy
15th September 2012, 10:41 AM
took draw system out to swap sides of baby seat...bloody mud!!!!...lol

must have been that big hole
in talangi,come thruogh the back door

MEGOMONSTER
15th September 2012, 12:45 PM

You mean this hole

Tapperty tap 1000 taps for me.

AB
15th September 2012, 12:47 PM
You mean this hole

Can't of being that one...lol

Tank
15th September 2012, 03:11 PM
Stripped the passangers swivel hub down and put a kit in it, new seals, king pin bearings ect. Hopefully the diff oiul will stop draining out the hub now and the water will not be quite so keen to get in there

MEGOMONSTER
15th September 2012, 03:18 PM

AB's right, it wasn't coming through the back door but it was coming through the side sliding windows

threedogs
15th September 2012, 04:30 PM
Looks like an expensive hole, and you take your daily driver into this, do it often?????

patch697
15th September 2012, 05:22 PM
Looks like an expensive hole, and you take your daily driver into this, do it often?????

Here is a little inside info on AB for ya...... Never & I mean never challenge him to do anything.... He's like a dog with a bone, ha just can't let it go no matter how expensive it looks......lol

WogsRus
15th September 2012, 06:02 PM
installed some new sounds, got these CHEEEEEPPP

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/car-sound-gps-navigation/speakers/kenwood/260-watt-speakers-sku-73255/

sound much better then the stock one particularly on the Eclipse head unit mine came with

Dinger
15th September 2012, 06:05 PM
Installed a new 80 Chanel cb and antenna
Oricom UHF088

AB
15th September 2012, 06:31 PM
Here is a little inside info on AB for ya...... Never & I mean never challenge him to do anything.... He's like a dog with a bone, ha just can't let it go no matter how expensive it looks......lol

I'm learning slowly old mate...lol

AB
15th September 2012, 06:47 PM
installed some new sounds, got these CHEEEEEPPP

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/car-sound-gps-navigation/speakers/kenwood/260-watt-speakers-sku-73255/

sound much better then the stock one particularly on the Eclipse head unit mine came with

I need better speakers too. Good find!

patch697
15th September 2012, 06:49 PM
I need better speakers too. Good find!

He needs a new chain saw first...... He wrecked he's last one.....hahahahahaha

Sir Roofy
15th September 2012, 07:59 PM
you mean this hole

tapperty tap 1000 taps for me.

that be the one i reckon when he tried backing up

zmaster
15th September 2012, 11:53 PM
Just discovered three more switch blanks behind the coin tray in the GQ today, had the truck for years, who knew? Is there anything these trucks can't do?

patch697
15th September 2012, 11:56 PM
Just discovered three more switch blanks behind the coin tray in the GQ today, had the truck for years, who knew? Is there anything these trucks can't do?

Yep..... Be recover by a Tojo...... Thats No ! on the can't do list...........hahahahahahaha

MEGOMONSTER
16th September 2012, 01:06 AM
Just finished installing two Stebel Nautilas blast air horns. Went for a drive and I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood is awake

kevin07
16th September 2012, 01:54 AM
just plumbed up the provent 200 today next will be egr block and dual battery,im getting there

MudRunnerTD
16th September 2012, 01:15 PM
Broke a short side front axle, a long side CV, snapped a brand new winch rope, smashed the front and rear right side quarter panels,

Used it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patch697
16th September 2012, 03:03 PM
Ha! You think thats using it?? I got a bug splattered on my windscreen today. Beat that!

Was it a Rogue Dung Beetle by chance???..............ROFLMFAO

2TROLLFAM
16th September 2012, 03:25 PM
Now that Brads finally got my rusted/sand invested towbar out he's gone back to setting the dual battery system in the Patrol - fingers crossed it all works when he's done or I'll be trouble for distracting him hehe

threedogs
16th September 2012, 03:33 PM
hope you soaked the beetle first they can be a bugger to get off.
I've researched all I need to install a manual torque convertor locking switch.
And to MR yes you used it, for a while anyway, hope its not too painfull.
Longfield CV's next?????

MudRunnerTD
16th September 2012, 04:00 PM
Yeah maybe damn it! Still out waiting for trip leader to winch Down Hill!

A mate had 6month old Cals CVs for sale a few weeks ago ! Should have bought them damn it! Cheap! But still $1K

Ouch!

Lucky I still have a few of each in the spares in the shed.

BRTSyndrome
16th September 2012, 05:45 PM
Shame, Had to remove the beast from the "garage" or patio as the old ball and chain call's it. To make room for the baby girl's swimming pool. (sobbing uncontrollably.) Oh well just have to move the buzz box into the sun in the drive to make room for the beast in the shade to do work now.

macca86
16th September 2012, 06:17 PM
Just bought her a new camper trailer for the forum meet

patch697
16th September 2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah maybe damn it! Still out waiting for trip leader to winch Down Hill!

A mate had 6month old Cals CVs for sale a few weeks ago ! Should have bought them damn it! Cheap! But still $1K

Ouch!

Lucky I still have a few of each in the spares in the shed.

Ring him & see if you can work out some kind of deal for those CV's

This bee that djc123's got in he's bonnet for rubbing dirty babies nappies in our faces every time you bust a CV is getting embarrassing......... :-( ............ hahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
16th September 2012, 07:22 PM
washed my nissanpatrol.com.au sticker on my bull bar, but didn't bother washing the rest of the 4b though :)

Dinger
17th September 2012, 10:58 PM
Got some new rubber 32"bighorns on black rims

healy
17th September 2012, 11:13 PM
Just been cleaning it for the last couple of days and still looks filthy dirty girl she is

Flo-w
18th September 2012, 02:16 PM
Made a cover for the switch board (fuse block, circuit breakers, 240V) from an Aussie flag towel. Just needed a bit of stitching. Now I've the southern cross in my car. :)

optic
18th September 2012, 03:50 PM
Not much change out of a grand but well worth it.
Went the full Monti, 17mm form ply boat carpet, astro turf glue or fake grass glue.
All the carpet was Cut to fit off templates.
Thats when i discovered both sides of the patrol are different.
The top deck mounts to the frames off the dickie seats which has 100x 45 timber between them and bolted down.
The project was an enjoyable couple of days.
Love these draws.

Sir Roofy
18th September 2012, 04:24 PM
well done mate nice and neat

optic
18th September 2012, 04:47 PM
well done mate nice and neat
Thanks mate, im not a happy chap if things dont look right.

Maxhead
18th September 2012, 04:48 PM
Got some new rubber 32"bighorns on black rims

Don't believe ya, where's the pics !!! Hahahahahaha

........... On the move

WogsRus
18th September 2012, 04:48 PM
Went 4wd on the weekend, now have a Brand new car with 3000000 scratches on it, Dam the Nissan paint is SOOOO thin and soft. Time to get the buffer out and install 3M clear guard to the sides.

Also found a good cheep temporary solution, sold at bunnings, called Shield and Peel, $60 for a 4L tin which does a car 4 times. It;s blue but who cares, can be applied thick and protects well so far form a test i did on the weekend

DSzuke
18th September 2012, 05:23 PM
I got my heat shield out!

(it's not much I know... but what a job!)

oncedisturbed
18th September 2012, 05:27 PM
Got the winch repaired

Tap, Tap Taparoo

GUtsy ute
18th September 2012, 05:52 PM
Not much change out of a grand but well worth it.
Went the full Monti, 17mm form ply boat carpet, astro turf glue or fake grass glue.
All the carpet was Cut to fit off templates.
Thats when i discovered both sides of the patrol are different.
The top deck mounts to the frames off the dickie seats which has 100x 45 timber between them and bolted down.
The project was an enjoyable couple of days.
Love these draws.

Very nice job optic,
A great professional finish,thanks for sharing.

GUtsy ute
18th September 2012, 05:58 PM
Got a 3" exhaust fitted at Torq 4x4 yesterday.
Thanks to the guys there for a top job.

NissanGQ4.2
18th September 2012, 06:19 PM
Parked in in the garage for once, there is a slight chance of hail and I'm not gonna risk it.

One day I'll get a garage that i can call my man cave!!!!!!!

Till then my garage will just be like the local tip ( full of crap! ) and my Patrol will sit out in the weather :(

oncedisturbed
18th September 2012, 07:33 PM
Sounds like my shed and garage, full of crap, tools and camping gear lolol

Tap, Tap Taparoo

optic
20th September 2012, 10:24 AM
Fitted the gas struts to the barn doors.
What a pleasure they are to use now, pull the handle and stand back.
Both open by them self.
Next project is the fridge slide, then the winch.

growler2058
20th September 2012, 04:55 PM
Taslucas yer a legend cheers

Double Tap

Ben-e-boy
20th September 2012, 05:48 PM
took the ute to the truck doctors to get a new injector pump with a landcruiser 12mm plunger and cam, double valve springs and up the boost to 22psi. cant wait till I pick it up tomorrow

patch697
20th September 2012, 08:55 PM
took the ute to the truck doctors to get a new injector pump with a landcruiser 12mm plunger and cam, double valve springs and up the boost to 22psi. cant wait till I pick it up tomorrow

Do you get it back with complimentary wheely bars?????.....lol

patch697
20th September 2012, 08:58 PM
Taslucas yer a legend cheers

Double Tap

I hate you Growlers.......... Today was the first (& Last) time I wished I had a white trol....... I feel very sick now.....hahahahahahahaha

robbo0001
20th September 2012, 09:08 PM
Put in some decent cup holders, courtesy of Bunnings and the Internet.
8 bucks, a heat gun and some Triple M trim Paint.

No more dropping brews on the gear boot and carpet.
Should have done it ealier.

Biscuits
20th September 2012, 09:12 PM

and without pics it didnt happen... c'mon post up some pics

growler2058
20th September 2012, 09:13 PM
i hate you growlers.......... Today was the first (& last) time i wished i had a white trol....... I feel very sick now.....hahahahahahahaha

NEr NeR NA NER NER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smileyvault-cute-bi

the godfather
20th September 2012, 10:54 PM
I took my rear seats out today. Amazing how much more space there is now.

russ81
20th September 2012, 11:03 PM
Drove it for the first time after having the new V8 tuned, wanted to bring her back home today but had to leave so the aircon could be regassed. She will be home tomorrow though.

threedogs
21st September 2012, 02:36 PM
Threw a few more psi of boost in the motor via the Dawes valve, as was not 100% happy with the EGTs
Maxs out just before 20psi and EGTs are staying low. 60 kph = 200 degree C

Ben-e-boy
21st September 2012, 02:50 PM
dropped the cylinder head off a redcliff cylinder heads as every pre comp chamber had cracks in it and a valve had a dodgy seat. :(

oncedisturbed
21st September 2012, 03:23 PM
Wired up and mounted the dual battery kit in preparartion for having the cole hersee removed, either that or use it for a rear portable battery box

threedogs
22nd September 2012, 02:44 PM
Did 2 things today, first was fit the small rear door mod, been meaning to do it all year.
took 2 minutes and very happy with the result be it small.
the other thing I did was remove the sharp edge on my rear kick plates, they are on both doors.
great weather for a change here so now just chilling out

macca86
22nd September 2012, 02:47 PM
Welded a bar onto gearbox drain plug and finally cracked it as it was seized then changed the oil

robbo0001
22nd September 2012, 10:50 PM
Had a "clunk" while on the beach at Bribie, in the front suspension....today removed front sway-bar, and re-checked all suspension bushes and nuts.
Test drive tomorrow...footy and beers now

Edit..... Threedogs the chequer plate door trim looks good, gotta add that to the list now!

BigRAWesty
22nd September 2012, 11:05 PM

Pics dude.. We need pics..

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

robbo0001
23rd September 2012, 02:57 PM
http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/blueydog/CUP2_zps74955c1b.jpg http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo244/blueydog/CUP1_zps0ccd31bf.jpg

Cupholders....hold 2 large coffees no worries, also all loose change can still get chucked in them.

They just pull out.

I have tried to rotate these pictures in Photobucket, but the bloody things still "link" as sideways, sorry.

Cheers

ozzyboy
23rd September 2012, 03:24 PM
2.5m arb side awning on
changed oil ( penrite gas and ryco filter )

ozz

Bloodyaussie
23rd September 2012, 05:47 PM
Fitted dunny door seats to the GQ... hmm so comfy .

MEGOMONSTER
23rd September 2012, 07:09 PM
Fitted dunny door seats to the GQ... hmm so comfy .

What's a dunny door seat??????????

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

Winnie
23rd September 2012, 07:10 PM
Dunny door = Commodore hahaha

Clunk
23rd September 2012, 07:33 PM
Covered mine withe grass clippings as a was mowing the lawn

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

MEGOMONSTER
23rd September 2012, 07:50 PM
Dunny door = Commodore hahaha

I luv it. F funny

Sent from the secret chambers of our secret society, on a secret iPhone, with a secret pin code and eye retina scanning from a secret peep hole, just don't tell anyone OK, cos it's secret........

BigRAWesty
23rd September 2012, 08:53 PM
Cleaned this
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/105.jpg

Cleaning.. Like a boss
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/106.jpg

Sent from a device which doesn't always agree with my thumbs...

wildgu6
23rd September 2012, 10:48 PM
Removed radiator fan with no blades, and replaced with a newbie with blades, snapped a bolt on the intercooler mount, removed broken bolt and replaced, all good.
looked and thought about cleaning out,
Nah have a scotch instead that damn voice in my head kept saying, Yep the voice won lol
Cheers

Yappa Tappa Doo

Clunk
23rd September 2012, 11:35 PM
Looked at my Haynes manual in the hopes that I might learn and hopefully understand what has ben written .................yep still none the wiser, having a beer instead.

The BigFella
24th September 2012, 08:27 AM
well, after 550,000k's I needed to replace on of my engine mounts! Left hand side was completely sheared and the right side was as hard as concrete so decided if one has gone may as well replace both,,,,,,,,, what can I say, it has made the biggest difference of any repairs I have ever done!
I had really under estimated just how hard the mounts get over time or should I say after thousands of kilometres.
The difference is astounding. No more wobbles of the gear stick, no more shuddering of the body, even the bonnet has stopped shimmering at every bump in the road, what an amazing transformation.

russ81
24th September 2012, 07:08 PM
Fitted my diff armour that I received from Mal and replaced my aux batteryhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/109.jpg

Sent while be temporally motionless

The BigFella
24th September 2012, 07:10 PM
how sweet do they look! Gunna have to get me some of those guards me thinks,,,,,,,,,

healy
24th September 2012, 07:43 PM
Fitted my diff armour that I received from Mal and replaced my aux batteryhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/09/109.jpg

Ironman sd blue diff guard and I'm waiting on my bushskinz. What are you doing under my car with a camera lol

Winnie
24th September 2012, 08:19 PM
Started replacing wheel studs, did the rear right wheel tonight.

russ81
24th September 2012, 08:55 PM
How's it going Healy I bet you would be surprised if you started yours up and found a 6.0l V8 under the bonnet lol

healy
24th September 2012, 09:02 PM
How's it going Healy I bet you would be surprised if you started yours up and found a 6.0l V8 under the bonnet lol

Yeah if I had one in there my hand would be sore just did a read of ya thread and now bank account is looking worried

oncedisturbed
24th September 2012, 11:08 PM
drove to work and then will drive home on the morning, that is all :(

The BigFella
25th September 2012, 09:02 PM
gave the old fella a wash today. Also gave him some chassis black under the guards and front/rear ends!
Then I redid all my plastics and flat black areas on the Patrol with Sharkhide, it's been nearly 4 tears since I first did it. So the front bar, external door handles, Light Force lights all received a good coating.
The result is a shine that will last another 4 years!

I do sell this stuff, but you make your own mind up on this.

Winnie
25th September 2012, 09:10 PM
How long is that sparkle gonna last before you get it dirty again big fella?

The BigFella
26th September 2012, 07:08 AM
most likely over this weekend, we might get out on Stockton Beach for a squirt.
Although with Sharkhide the shine will remain after you hose off the crud!
I applied the first coat of Sharkhide 4 years back now, look forward to some sparkles for a while to come,,,,,,,,,,,

Winnie
26th September 2012, 07:23 AM
That's what we like to hear!

Tip tap tippity tip tappity tap tap ding dong tipsy topsy wopsy mopsy tippy tap tap tipitty wee

Dinger
26th September 2012, 11:19 AM
Got 2" lift from pedders

The BigFella
26th September 2012, 12:46 PM
Got 2" lift from pedders

Awesome dude, cant wait for the pictures,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

nissannewby
26th September 2012, 03:23 PM
Ordered a turbo and airbox from united fuel injection for my GU :):)

The BigFella
26th September 2012, 09:36 PM
huff n puff, love it!!

MEGOMONSTER
26th September 2012, 10:57 PM
Heard the motor grumbling today, must be hungry for MUD PIE.

The BigFella
27th September 2012, 12:44 PM
hmmmmm, mud pie!

threedogs
27th September 2012, 06:02 PM
Waiting for pics NEWBY, sounds interesting, gave Neville[The Nissan] a good clean and while I was Mr Sheening the rims heard a metallic sound.
seems all those allen head bolts were loose, I have had my FWH stolen from my other 4x4 before, as its been a while since the bearings were done.
looks like I need another pitbull.

ozzyboy
27th September 2012, 06:11 PM
got insurance quote for the gq
pay tomorrow :)

4WD INSURANCE

Vehicle: 1996 Nissan GQII Patrol RX Wagon

Underwriter: ######
Insurance: Comprehensive

Sum Insured including Accessories: $12,000 agreed value

Excess - Standard Excess: $500

Off road excess: $500 applies when a vehicle has suffered accidental loss or damage whilst being operated within any area other than a gazetted road

Use of Vehicle: Regular

No Claim Bonus Rating Rating 1: 5 Years

Premium Including All Charges: $564.88

4WD Club: no

Extensions:none

Excludes: Drivers under 25 years

Excludes : Hire Car following accident, spare parts & salvage rights, no claim bonus protection,Windscreen cover (up to $1000)

This motor quote provides cover for off road 4WD activities including beach driving and water crossings. The cover is Australia Wide with no geographic restrictions.