PDA

View Full Version : The "Tank" - Big, Grey and Ugly ..

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8]

growler2058
23rd June 2012, 04:40 PM
How could ya not be jealous of a head like THAT hahahahahhahahahaha its a great head for radio hahahahahaha

Bigrig
23rd June 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks Robo

I've been on the hooley for far too long to be taking swipes at growlers!!!!
lol

That said - it is a rough nog so no real defence as it were ... lmao

The truck looked good though!!!!!

growler2058
23rd June 2012, 06:31 PM
Which mags it comin out in and when??

Paul C
23rd June 2012, 08:55 PM
Looks very nice. Sitting very nicely. Now all it needs is some good steel wheels with 35's and a few dents and scratches. A bit of liberally applied mud would not go amiss. Look forward to seeing the pics of your trip.

Bigrig
24th June 2012, 07:31 AM
Which mags it comin out in and when??

4WD Action - August Issue 184

Mazodude
24th June 2012, 07:52 AM
Congrats on getting in to the mag. How was it?

Bigrig
24th June 2012, 08:10 AM
Congrats on getting in to the mag. How was it?

Yeah, it was good mate. Photographer was a top bloke and the lads from the mag (John Pouros specifically) have been awesome to deal with and we're doing another shoot with them in two weeks for Action and Adventure magazine ...

Finly Owner
24th June 2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah, it was good mate. Photographer was a top bloke and the lads from the mag (John Pouros specifically) have been awesome to deal with and we're doing another shoot with them in two weeks for Action and Adventure magazine ... How would we go at getting a build up story done on Finly to inspire all those MQ?MK owners out there?

Tim

AB
25th June 2012, 07:04 AM
Great shots Biggus, Might steel some of those if you don't mind...LMAO

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 07:34 AM
How would we go at getting a build up story done on Finly to inspire all those MQ?MK owners out there?

Tim

Have you been taking high res photos along the way? And how long you reckon till finished? Can't see why they wouldn't humour the question ...

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 07:35 AM
Great shots Biggus, Might steel some of those if you don't mind...LMAO

Got about 60 in total mate, so let me know if you want me to email some more through ...

AB
25th June 2012, 09:48 AM
Got about 60 in total mate, so let me know if you want me to email some more through ...

Hey mate, yeah if you get a chance email the good ones to me if you dont mind. Cheers big ears!!!

Bigrig
25th June 2012, 10:05 AM
Hey mate, yeah if you get a chance email the good ones to me if you dont mind. Cheers big ears!!!

Will do ... give me twenty and I'll start sending them through (big files - around 8meg each) so I'll send across a few emails.

Timbo
25th June 2012, 12:21 PM
Awesome pics Scotty.. looks super tough mate!

Can't wait to get the magazine you're featured in.. well, providing I can get it out of the shop through the doors with your inflated head! lmao!

All the best mate.

waz65
5th July 2012, 01:22 PM
I just saw the "tank" in the latest issue of 4wdaction , looking good scotty

taslucas
5th July 2012, 02:20 PM
I just saw the "tank" in the latest issue of 4wdaction , looking good scotty

Sweet, I think we've all been waiting for the mag to come out.....what issue #?

Tap, crackle, pop

waz65
5th July 2012, 04:25 PM
Sweet, I think we've all been waiting for the mag to come out.....what issue #?

Tap, crackle, pop
Issue No 184 ( A white Hilux Extracab on the cover )

taslucas
5th July 2012, 05:27 PM
Issue No 184 ( A white Hilux Extracab on the cover )

Cheers waz!

Tap, crackle, pop

Cbates
5th July 2012, 07:21 PM
What a grouse patrol! Awesome to see the amount of time and effort put into one of these and what you can do with a creative mind!

Winnie
5th July 2012, 07:47 PM
Got some good feedback for ya!
My mate (drives a Daihatsu F20 fourby) picked up the new 4WD Action magazine and rang me up and was blabbing on and on about this "f***in off its head Patrol" haha. He just about read the entire article to me over the phone, then said "when are you gonna do that stuff to yours?"

taslucas
13th July 2012, 01:12 PM
Just finished reading the article Scotty. What a beast!That'll show those Toyo lovers! Great to see tank in high gloss. Great amount of Nissanpatrol.com product placement too:-). I can see why you went for the name bigrig now, and it's nothing to do with the patrol!! LMFAO!
Well done, you must be stoked.

Ps, I gotta get me one of those Tupperware organisers! Lol

Tap, crackle, pop

taslucas
13th July 2012, 01:26 PM
Hang on, whats that in the drivers side door console? Looks a lot like hand moisturiser!

Tap, crackle, pop

Bigrig
13th July 2012, 06:17 PM
Hang on, whats that in the drivers side door console? Looks a lot like hand moisturiser!

Tap, crackle, pop

Hahahahahaha .... yeah mate - the tissues are in the other door!!!! lmfao!!!!

growler2058
13th July 2012, 06:40 PM
What are the tissues for;-)

Tap, Tap.......Who's there?

Bigrig
13th July 2012, 07:02 PM
What are the tissues for;-)

Ummmm ... passengers tears???

LMFAO!!

growler2058
13th July 2012, 07:03 PM
Hahahahahha ya got me wrong........ I use me shirt hahahahahhaa

NissanGQ4.2
13th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Yeah, it was good mate. Photographer was a top bloke and the lads from the mag (John Pouros specifically) have been awesome to deal with and we're doing another shoot with them in two weeks for Action and Adventure magazine ...

Seems like mag has p!ssed some manufactures off, a few a pulling there advertising from the mag

taslucas
13th July 2012, 09:16 PM
Seems like mag has p!ssed some manufactures off, a few a pulling there advertising from the mag

which mag you talking about Todd? I heard a rumour (on here somewhere) that 4wd action has bought shares in TigerzII and superior engineering has pulled its ads out because of that.......Could just be bullSh!t tho, i did hear it on here lol!!

growler2058
13th July 2012, 10:32 PM
I thought it was coz big rig n tank doin hustler hahahahahahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2012, 12:04 AM
which mag you talking about Todd? I heard a rumour (on here somewhere) that 4wd action has bought shares in TigerzII and superior engineering has pulled its ads out because of that.......Could just be bullSh!t tho, i did hear it on here lol!!

Not BS its happening, I know there is another one pulling the pin as well.

PS, I finally bought the mag Scotty, but then I seen you in it ( after 3000 ads ) and took it back and asked for a refund *LMAO*

taslucas
14th July 2012, 12:09 AM
Used to get alot of those mags....... then went off them..........issue 184 is the first one ive brought in a long time, and its because of you bigrig...... (insert pic of scotts inflated head here!)

So did you look at the drivers side door console todd? its a bit creepy isnt it!?

taslucas
14th July 2012, 12:10 AM
MR Scott....Or "silky hands" to us mortals

Bigrig
14th July 2012, 12:35 AM
Funny lads!!! lol

And don't hate me for my supple extensions!!! lmao

taslucas
14th July 2012, 01:30 AM
awesome job tho mate, you've put the effort in and its been recognised (and immortalised lol). Its great to have a bit of inside knowledge on a feature car too:) lol and deep down i know you feel the pain of a faulty lock-up converter lol lmao

waz65
27th November 2012, 06:10 PM
The "Tank" looks sweet Scotty , It's one of the customs in the DVD that comes with issue 191 of 4wd action mag

nickpeacock36
7th December 2012, 10:04 PM
Is that the latest issue?

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2

Bigrig
8th December 2012, 08:58 AM
Is that the latest issue?

It came out yesterday I think mate - I got a couple of copies sent to me. Issue 191 of 4WD Action ...

DX grunt
8th December 2012, 09:03 AM
I still reckon you're wasting your money and you should just part it out and buy a GU. lol

Seriously, well done Scotty.

I wish I had the knowledge, experience and patience to do the things you've done to Tank.

Actually, when I grow up, I want to be just like you. PML.

Take care out there.

Rossco

nickpeacock36
8th December 2012, 09:13 AM
It came out yesterday I think mate - I got a couple of copies sent to me. Issue 191 of 4WD Action ...
Ok im off to buy a copy. I still think you should have gone on the trip with Roothey, it would have been a classic.

macca86
8th December 2012, 09:21 AM
Ok im off to buy a copy. I still think you should have gone on the trip with Roothey, it would have been a classic.

When scotty would have had enough of his bs he harps on about and punched him while they were all pissed around the camp fire or when he refuses to recover him for the 10th time for downright stupid driving! haha.

Airstrike
8th December 2012, 10:10 AM
But thats ok he registered the wrists, fists and elbows as lethal killing weapons... whilst bashing out to ACDC on the skins..... could tell Roothy, Phil Collins is a talentless prick?

I will need to get a copy of the DVD

Bigrig
8th December 2012, 11:03 AM
But thats ok he registered the wrists, fists and elbows as lethal killing weapons... whilst bashing out to ACDC on the skins..... could tell Roothy, Phil Collins is a talentless prick?

I will need to get a copy of the DVD

Lmfao!!!!!! But you got the order wrong - the young fella your referring to was "elbows, wrists and fists ... a registered weapon"!!! lmao. Wrists?? WTF????

You gotta giggle!!

Dhuck
8th December 2012, 02:09 PM
He must of been a little wristy when stroken

PMC
8th December 2012, 04:02 PM
G'day Bigrig!

Finally, i have read your thread, phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a top effort mate!

PS, Got the mag and watched the DVD. Good onya!

Regards,

RLI

Clunk
8th December 2012, 05:51 PM
missus came home with edition 191, just seen the big man in action....... nice work Scotty, Tank looks bloody great

nickpeacock36
9th December 2012, 07:54 PM
Cant find a copy in Perth. Scttyfever has hit bad here;-)

Airstrike
9th December 2012, 08:10 PM
Perth is 6 months behind

Clunk
9th December 2012, 10:07 PM
Perth is 6 months behind

More like 10 years mate lol
Yep think it was about six months ago when he was just in the mag. This months edition 191 in the DVD, Scott's the very last one before the out takes.

Don't stroke it, TAP it!!!!.....

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 09:43 PM
Well, been a while in settling things in and deciding on the next step for Tank.

Decision is made and now just to save up for it - snorkel will be coming off as well as airbox to be replaced by 4" stainless snorkel and custom high flow box from Richie (Radiusfab). That should sort the air restriction.

Next is water/meth injection to give more "shazam" (lol) and cool down intake temps. The bonnet grills will be going in at the same time to assist airflow through the engine bay to keep things cooler, and will be winding some timing back into the top end along with another dyno tune - aiming for about 220-230HP and 600+nm at the rear wheels ... that's a lot of stick from the old TB42e ...

All going to plan, I intend to swap out the diff gears (probably for 4.325:1's) and get super flex arms for the front end also ...

In the meantime, he needs some serious TLC on body and accessories, so will chip away at those first and getting it looking the business again - strip bullbar and powder coat, new flares, electrics (windows, door locks, etc), and of course a new torque converter if this additive stuff doesn't work ...

Looking for a new drivers seat if anyone knows of one going - brackets on mine have snapped and the 20l jerry can behind the seat is not quite cutting the mustard! lol. I'll put that requirement up in the wanted section also ...

He's looking weathered and worse for wear (especially after the last couple of outings) ...

NissanGQ4.2
19th December 2012, 09:49 PM
With the lack of updates, I thought you must of sold TANK and bought a YOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you putting the snorkel in the for sale section when the time comes?????

Winnie
19th December 2012, 09:52 PM
Going to have to contact radius fab about that airbox, I'm getting a snorkel and mine is fecked so would make a snorkel pointless

DIAL-A-TAP

Bigrig
19th December 2012, 09:58 PM
With the lack of updates, I thought you must of sold TANK and bought a YOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you putting the snorkel in the for sale section when the time comes?????

Haha - you should me better than that!!!

Yep, snorkel will be up for grabs ...

BigRAWesty
20th December 2012, 06:24 AM
A quick heads up on the drivers seat.. around $300 for a good second hand..
If its the same as mine it was the inner top rail which has let go? I've just welded solid steel to the top and inside edges to give it strength. I'll photo it tonight for you..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Bigrig
20th December 2012, 08:22 AM
A quick heads up on the drivers seat.. around $300 for a good second hand..
If its the same as mine it was the inner top rail which has let go? I've just welded solid steel to the top and inside edges to give it strength. I'll photo it tonight for you..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Cheers champion - figured it could be welded, but the seat bolsters are torn also, so was looking at a good second hand replacement ...

A set of these would do of they fit!!! lol

Winnie
20th December 2012, 08:47 AM
Are those legit Patrol seats?

DIAL-A-TAP

Bigrig
20th December 2012, 09:03 AM

DIAL-A-TAP

I think so mate - I saved that picture from the forum when someone else on here apparently had them installed ... they look superb!!

macca86
20th December 2012, 09:33 AM
Get some hsv seats or something and make brackets to mount them. Hilux saviour vehicle

Clunk
20th December 2012, 09:37 AM

DIAL-A-TAP

Yeah they're Mego's, had his patrol seats customised

Bigrig
23rd December 2012, 11:45 AM
Soooo ... full of plss after not going to bed Friday night (no joke!!) Benny decided it was time for me to pull my finger out and put the bonnet grills in ...

So this is the effort this far - just went and got sikaflex to set them in ...

Thanks to Donk, Macca and Benny for keeping me sauced up enough to agree to doing it!!! lmao

Clunk
23rd December 2012, 12:28 PM
You're a brave brave man Scotty......... but I have to say , looks bloody good

all tapped out!!!

Winnie
23rd December 2012, 12:33 PM
Looking very pretty!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapeth and Talketh

NissanGQ4.2
23rd December 2012, 12:51 PM
Looks nice mate, I will send my bonnet up and you can do mine next :)

Bigrig
23rd December 2012, 02:05 PM
Sikaflex done with a nice finished edge also ... an hour or so more and back on the truck ...

MC97GQ
23rd December 2012, 02:10 PM
Looking good Scotty,

Don't forget to put up a pic when it's all back together.

Mark

Winnie
23rd December 2012, 02:35 PM
Got given a 4WD Action magazine for my birthday and decided to whack the DVD on just now and who do I see but Tank and the big fella himself!

Yendor
23rd December 2012, 02:43 PM
Looking good mate .....it will be interesting to see how much it brings the temps down by.

Regardless it looks sh!t hot.

Winnie
23rd December 2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah who cares if it doesn't work when it looks that good lmao!

Bigrig
23rd December 2012, 03:37 PM
Looking good mate .....it will be interesting to see how much it brings the temps down by.

Regardless it looks sh!t hot.

Too right mate - interested to see if (should due to air 'draw') it let's more air flow through and drop "under load" temps when the turbo is spooled up. That passenger side vent is nearly dead centre over the top of the turbo, so irrespective it will at least let hot air escape which has to be better than it is now ...

Very pleased with the look though also!!! lol

megatexture
23rd December 2012, 04:00 PM
Yep you have my approval scotty that's looking pretty good!

GQU73
23rd December 2012, 06:29 PM
Looking tough mate!

Bigrig
23rd December 2012, 07:56 PM
Here tis on the truck ...

Sorry for the bad photos, but getting late and lost the sun ... fingers crossed it'll have the desired effect and will obviously let you know either way ... but irrespective, as said earlier, they look awesome!!! Lol

taslucas
23rd December 2012, 08:20 PM
Looking sweet as Scotty:-)

Tap, crackle, pop

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 08:21 PM
Looks pretty good to me. Really nice to see someone do something different.

Clunk
23rd December 2012, 09:13 PM
Are they on straight? Lmao

all tapped out!!!

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 09:16 PM
Are they on straight

Probably not, but we can forgive him for that.

macca86
23rd December 2012, 09:26 PM
They were well measured out and cut neatly the was a carpenter boilermaker Sparky and Scotty the vents look great on the angle having them straight looked funny

megatexture
23rd December 2012, 09:38 PM
What you cut them out with ?

MEGOMONSTER
23rd December 2012, 09:58 PM

He used the all new Vibro-saw, all yours for 24 easy monthly payments of $29.95 plus $29.95 postage and handling. PM me for more details. No responsibility taken for lost items through postal service. No refunds or exchanges.

Bigrig
23rd December 2012, 10:02 PM

1mm disc on an angle grinder with tape down to prevent paint peel .... came up a treat mate. Etched primed the cuts and then sikaflex to place them ...

megatexture
23rd December 2012, 10:04 PM
Ah yer I've got one of them btw that crack on your exhaust mount ....sorry I had to test the saw on something it's not a crack lol

megatexture
23rd December 2012, 10:05 PM
K wasn't sure thats what I'd have used I always worry about the heat f..ing up the paint lol

Clunk
23rd December 2012, 10:09 PM
They were well measured out and cut neatly the was a carpenter boilermaker Sparky and Scotty the vents look great on the angle having them straight looked funny

All good mecca, just pullin your plonkas mate

growler2058
24th December 2012, 07:36 AM
All good mecca,

No need to get offensive clunky hahahahahahaha

Tap someone who cares

Ben-e-boy
24th December 2012, 09:02 AM
K wasn't sure thats what I'd have used I always worry about the heat f..ing up the paint lol

the 1mm turbo wheels are good. we started with a jig saw but the metal blade was too course. If you cut lightly with the 1mm it does a good job

Bigrig
24th December 2012, 12:58 PM
Couple of daytime shots ... very pleased with the result and definitely has dropped the under load temps - took it for a hammer this meningitis with the air con on and it didn't get to half way on the temp gauge (was sitting around two thirds previously) so pleased with that also - a cooling system flush, radiator fin clean out, and fingers crossed the heating issue might be somewhat addressed.

MEGOMONSTER
24th December 2012, 01:01 PM
Looks great mate. Should've come like that standard. Great work.

Clunk
24th December 2012, 01:06 PM
Nice work, they do look pretty damn tasty

nissannewby
24th December 2012, 02:28 PM
Is that MudDonks rig with the bonnet up? What has he done now lol

Ben-e-boy
24th December 2012, 02:48 PM
what hasnt he done lmfao

macca86
24th December 2012, 03:57 PM
looking good mate now some xa-xc falcon nostrils or twin gu scoops. cold air in hot air out.
Side not to mud donk and ben-e-boy I'm up and running new compressor and gas went in today works a treat. cheers for the help boys and merry christmas

Winnie
24th December 2012, 04:02 PM
Just like this one, my cousin's was identical on his Mav
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/squatt3r/Maverick106.jpg

I'm bidding on a GS bonnet atm =]

Bigrig
24th December 2012, 04:07 PM
Is that MudDonks rig with the bonnet up? What has he done now lol

Haha - sorting the over heating ... removed and flushed radiator, flushed block and ran a proper system flush through it - dropped it out, coolant in and looks to be running heaps cooler ... a tonne of crap was blocking the find as well ... productive weekend!! Love em!!

nissannewby
24th December 2012, 04:11 PM
Sounds the go. So has he managed to not damage any more panels this weekend lol

Yendor
24th December 2012, 04:14 PM
Sounds the go. So has he managed to not damage any more panels this weekend lol

Does he have any straight panels left to damage...lol

nissannewby
24th December 2012, 04:18 PM
His roof..... lol This is true Yendor. As ben-e stated maybe its just easier to ask what he hasnt done lol

Yendor
24th December 2012, 04:25 PM
It would be a shorter list.........but he sure has fun.

MudDonk
24th December 2012, 05:09 PM
LMFAO more damage on scottys track than anywhere else by a looong way...maybe the 2am track sessions are'nt the best idea :P ....and btw my drivers rear door is straightish...barn doors are straight as well as roof hahahaha :D

megatexture
24th December 2012, 08:41 PM
You should swap barn doors with dhuck so then you don't have to go out of your way to dent them:p

mzed
8th January 2013, 06:42 PM
Love the pics, thanks

Bigrig
9th March 2013, 10:21 AM
Well, the time has come! Tank needs some love, and it needs to be serious ... pillaging Viking style love! lol

Started stripping him down yesterday arvo with a view to get the final mods done to the engine (slightly bigger turbo with bigger AR, tuned exhaust manifold, 4" stainless snorkel with high flow air box from Richie at RadiusFabrication, new torque converter, new flex plate, and gearbox service/overhaul), and thought I'd strip it down to give it the once over for electrics, clean it up a bit, put the new sliding windows and frames in the back, and bring it somewhat back to its original state (my original, not stock!! lol).

The bullbar, winch and rear bar are all off, as are the wheel arch flares, and rear windows are out (amazing how easy they are to pop out of the rear frames!!! OMG!!), roof racks with awning and LED bar is off and will continue the "housekeeping" items today (contacts on electric windows, door latches not popping up all the time off central locking, hinges that are slightly "askew" lol, new flares, etc).

Bullbar is heading off for sandblasting and powder coating, but considering I'm going to build a new rear bar, I've decided just to clean up the old one and hit it with some nickel black.

Later this week, it's off to Derek at Autoart Mechanical to have all the engine work etc done and that should take about 2 weeks. Then off to paint and panel to get the Duco done and finally a new coat of clear to bring the colour back to life.

Last but not least, new rims and tyres to finish it all off.

Fingers firmly crossed, it'll be a show piece once more!! Until I cane it again!! lol

Couple of photos from last night ...

Oh ... and we finished a tray that Ryan bought for his truck now he's had the chop done ... was pretty tatty but a lick of paint, and a bit of elbow grease on the timbers (then coated with stain and lacquer) and it looks mint!!

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

nickpeacock36
9th March 2013, 08:27 PM
Tanks gonna look mint with all that work. And that tray looks too good to use.

Oversize
10th March 2013, 08:56 AM
Lookin' gooood! Can't wait to see it in the flesh. or steel :)

nissannewby
10th March 2013, 11:39 AM
Where was my invite?

Robo
10th March 2013, 01:28 PM
He's got the bug,
in a big way lol
need more power.
need more power.
need more power.

crash faster, lmao.

so the old kit is up for sale?.

Bigrig
10th March 2013, 04:36 PM
He's got the bug,
in a big way lol
need more power.
need more power.
need more power.

crash faster, lmao.

so the old kit is up for sale?.

Nope - not chasing any more power mate. Simply making it perform properly in the band it's in (still pinging and I've wound a fair bit of top end timing out of it). Be lucky if the new setup is any more powerful per say, but it will be more efficient and reliable. The rest of the work is to restore it back to life (some cosmetic and some mechanical), to use it as a work truck for the new business.

Just tap it in ... taaapp it in ....

Bigrig
15th March 2013, 08:30 AM
Well, dropped Tank off last night after stripping it down (had to go in the dark - no bar work, no rear windows, number plates on the dash ... the usual reason for a late night run to the mechanics!! lol). Going to be out of action down there for about 2+ weeks.

Meanwhile at the bat cave - seeing as its now going to be used for the business and I am placing so much effort on making it back into a head turner, I've decided to replace the wheels and tyres as previously mentioned ... found these wheels from Rons Rims in the US ...

Personally, I think they're a horn, and with a new set of Mickey T MTZ's they should pop on the truck.

Scotty (Bigrig)

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

nickpeacock36
16th March 2013, 07:08 PM
Youre gonna have to get a play truck. Tank will be too nice to use.or will you ask Sandra very nicely to borrow the Jeep?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

MudRunnerTD
16th March 2013, 07:20 PM
He bought a Jeep!

A Jeep?

He bought a Jeep!!

MudRunnerTD
16th March 2013, 07:22 PM
Those rims look great Scotty, are you going a 16 or 17? Look the goods mate.

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 09:15 AM
Putting a Ford seat into a Nissan Patrol, how could you!!!!

You need to see a shrink as you have some serious issues you need to deal with

Clunk
29th March 2013, 10:19 AM
Nice one Scotty, looks like they fit better than the crappydore ones.

Winnie
29th March 2013, 03:53 PM
You've sold me mate, always liked the Ford seats better than the Commonwhore seats. Great job, any photos of how you mounted them?

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 05:13 PM
So do they need to get mod plated for legality issues????

I really don't know if I could really lower my standards that low even if they were comfortable, I mean I couldn't allow people 2 know I put ford parts in my nissan

I guess I could always say the XR writing had nothing to do with ford but my daily reminder of my ex beloved Honda XR trail bike :) no there's a though

Winnie
29th March 2013, 06:13 PM
That's good mate, look forward to it. My seats are freshly re-upholstered but they're still not great especially if you have a big arse like me haha

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 06:20 PM
And how much did the seats seat you back???

Ben-e-boy
29th March 2013, 06:55 PM
Look at you go you productive go-getter you lol

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 07:02 PM
$235 for the pair.

Scotty (Bigrig)

Great Southern Camping
www.gscoffroad.com.au

Nice....... for that price I would buy some for sure

Dirk Diggler
29th March 2013, 07:20 PM
Seats look awesome! Looking forward to as diy

NissanGQ4.2
29th March 2013, 07:42 PM
Did you get those seats of a mate or wreckers or did you steal them for that price???? just been looking online!

Woof
29th March 2013, 09:21 PM
I would rather sit on a milk crate than those Scotty, GO HOLDEN, ALWAYS :first:

Airstrike
29th March 2013, 11:19 PM
Looks really really good. The 6 and 10mm looks the shizz....

A lot better form to the seat over the VY seats (sorry holden fans) but looking at the passenger seat installed in person looks absolutely fantastic.

tip it tap it slap it