OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I fit a Winch Mount on GUIII winch bar?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I fit a Winch Mount on GUIII winch bar?

Hi,
    I am putting a RUNVA 11XP into by GUIII wagon in the next two weeks, and wanted to know if it is a good idea to fit one of those ebay winch mounts as added support between the chassis and NISSAN steel winchbar.
    Any pics or build threads available would be much appreciated.
    I did search, but overall only saw them fitted to alloy bars.
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...
    "I don't get bogged, I have unplanned 4WD training activities..."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should I fit a Winch Mount on GUIII winch bar?

There are a few of us that have installed Runva winches recently onto factory nissan winch bars. Have a look at my build thread or rocket55 or lucus30 for some pics (I'm only on my phone now but maybe someone else can link them up)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

AJTich (6th July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks or help. I did the search, but so many are onto aluminium bars.. Will check it out..
    AJTich
    2004 GUIII, white ST, 3.0L manual wagon, NADS,EGT/Boost,Water Temp/Oil Press gauges, drawers, UHF, stubby cooler on the 4WD selector...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The standard NISSAN Winch bar is rated to 9000 pounds so if the cradle is rated stronger then maybe its worth it. You also don't need to rotate the gear box etc as you can mount it the way the factory intended.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

AJTich (6th July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Backo86, and all. I checked out yours, Rocket55 and lucus30's posts on the fit, and really looking forward to getting mine done.
    AJTich

Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 594 Posts
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries mate give us a shout if you need a hand but it should be relatively straight forward once you've rotated the clutch and worked out where to install the control box

2008 GU6 3.0 CRD AUTO | Safari Snorkel | 2" Ironman lift kit | Runva 11XP Winch | 33" MTZ's | Full Length Roof Rack | GME TX3200 | 30" LED Light Bar |

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bacho86 For This Useful Post:

AJTich (7th July 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacho86 View Post
    No worries mate give us a shout if you need a hand but it should be relatively straight forward once you've rotated the clutch and worked out where to install the control box

The directions you've given, and YouTube, and the other guys' Build posts will make moat of that a lot easier. Thanks.
    AJTich

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rock Trol,
    Did you fit one with your 9500_Q? Seems most times the winch cradle is used is for alloy bars. Want to buy a generic, but worry it won' fit is my main issue.
    AJTich

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AJTich View Post
    Hey Rock Trol,
    Did you fit one with your 9500_Q? Seems most times the winch cradle is used is for alloy bars. Want to buy a generic, but worry it won' fit is my main issue.
    Mine is installed in the Nissan steel bar as per usual method (rotated gearbox). I was just thinking you wanted to mount it differently. Using the cradle could make it stronger I suppose.
    2007 DX CRD Wagon - EFS 2" lift, BOSS Chassis Brace Kit, Steel Bull Bar, Runva 9500-Q winch, FyrLyt's, Rock Sliders, Rear bar with wheel and twin jerry carriers, Drawers, Fridge slide, dual battery, Red Arc BCDC 1220, Red Arc EGT/Boost gauge, Scangauge, Uniden UHF, Prodigy P2 brake controller, CC Intercooler, Pacemaker 3" zhaust, HPD Dawes, ECU Remap.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

AJTich (7th July 2015)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    The standard NISSAN Winch bar is rated to 9000 pounds so if the cradle is rated stronger then maybe its worth it. You also don't need to rotate the gear box etc as you can mount it the way the factory intended.
    Is the Nissan bar rated at 9000 lbs?
    All the web blurb says is Winch compatible (Warn 9000lb)

I have considered a cradle for mounting the winch but it seems that the bull bar is mounted on some of the cradle mount points as well.
    Also mounting a cradle would this not effect the crush zone and airbag behaviour? Legal things I suppose.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast