Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dog

Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    If you have a boost gauge I wouldn't block the egr as your boost will be all over the shop and you be constantly looking at your gauge. Worse than pre egr. If you don't have a gauge then you won't see the gauge bouncing up and down and you won't need to worry. Lol.
    If you want to give your turbo a smooth linear boost curve, you need to install a Dawes and needle valve. Not a must mod but definitely well worth it.
    Thanks a lot modski I am new to all this and any info is great , there is that much info to try and work out ? the patrol I have is 2007 common rail
    with a 2010 motor with 29000 kms , goes well but sucks fuel (25.4 lt / 158 klm ) just cruising on free way (very gently 90 km/hr) Thanks for your time

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 6,490 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG View Post
    Thanks a lot modski I am new to all this and any info is great , there is that much info to try and work out ? the patrol I have is 2007 common rail
    with a 2010 motor with 29000 kms , goes well but sucks fuel (25.4 lt / 158 klm ) just cruising on free way (very gently 90 km/hr) Thanks for your time
    Wow! Somethings not right there. Mines around 13-15litres and thats flogging it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

DOG (8th October 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,112 Times in 3,219 Posts
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG View Post
    Wow! Somethings not right there. Mines around 13-15litres and thats flogging it.
    Those figures work out to around 16l/100km, should be a bit better than that.
    When not towing and no roofrack on I get around 12l/100km, do you have a roofrack?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The original factory Nissan exhaust is on it atm, noticed some cracking on it just below the dump pipe so was wanting a new exhaust and that pushed the finance minister into letting me, the redback system has the egt and O2 bungs, so was thinking while at it I would hook up the egt gauge, will have a search on which wire to tap into for dash lights for the gauges ect.

But back to egr backing plate, should I be looking at cleaning the manifold ect before putting the egr plate in? And how much of a job is it to remove manifold ect? Will have a search for that as well tho have already but didn find a step by step on it for the GU 02 ZD30 Di. Engine was a new nissan crate engine and currently has 68 tho on it since being replaced, so wondering if there is any need to clean manifold, tho noticed a fair bit of oil on old intercooler and around turbo from the piping hence the provent to hopefully stop that.
    You can clean the manifold if your up to the job. I didn't bother with mine, but I should have been bothered... I would allow at least a day to do it. A couple of guys here have done it and it was around two hours to remove, an hour or so to clean and then another two hours to refit. Big Fletch I know done his. See in the member ride section, I am sure he posted up there about it.
    As for step by step, you don't really need one. Just remove anything that will be in your way of removing the manifold really. I would be buying new gaskets for the intake manifold and throttle body plus a few new studs and nuts, just to have on hand if needed if it were me. Last thing you want is to bust a stud on the weekend.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

SG1 (7th October 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no roof rack and not towing yet , can I afford the fuel if I hook some thing behind ??? at the moment In dont know if I should keep it ?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AWESOME READ FELLAS, THANKS FOR THE INFO. FINISHING OFF THE nads THIS WEEKEND!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just did this mod to my 06 td42ti.

First I blocked the egr intake pipe with the plate and went for a drive.. a fair improvement turbo was spooling quicker but in third gear between 2300 and 2600 it felt like a lack of pulling power.. Went home and removed the butterfly valve and went for another drive. What a different animal it is now it feels alot smoother in third gear between 2000 & 3000rpm where I spend alot of time driving, less rattly through the pedal. Pulls alot smoother through higher rpms first second and third. Would definitely recommend it. (stock besides this mod even standard exhaust still)

thanks

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive heard once blocking the EGR you need to get the ECU remapped. This true?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Ive heard once blocking the EGR you need to get the ECU remapped. This true?
    Not true...

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not true...
    He's on a manual hunt

13. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post: