Thread: crane mounted on 260 LWB, station wagon

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear Plasnart,

utes, or light trucks, or call them as you wish, are so useful that should be there on the Moon a place they still don't exist, they would invent them. In Eastern Europe, in Bulgaria in particular, they just import them because we don't produce cars, but potatoes and tomatoes. Others in Europe also produce them.

My brother happened to have got a hand on a good-mechanics machine, this 1991 260 model, for god money, and since he needs a powerful workhorse but not just a heavy "weekender" that needlessly spills out more smog on this Earth, he is looking for a way to convert it, which in Bulgaria happen to be realizable for reasonable money (the conversion, or other mounting costs). The crane itself costs more than the Patrol itself.

As for the towbar-mounted solution used to load a trailer, it might just be more practical to mount some easy lifting device on the trailer itself. We need however something that also lifts boxes for working them, not just for loading them on the trailer. I just saw solutions like those ones, that apparently open new directions:

http://www.kegiom.com/eng/products.htm

The question is the costs, which are to be seen.

In the meantime, we are open for any solution. So, beekeepers, please, have your say!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may confirm that the Patrol Utes are not known here. I saw them for the first time here on that forum also.
    And as ixston says, rebuilding the wagon is cheaper than buying a new transporter.

Hi ixston. Welcome to the forum. Where do you live in Bulgaria?
    Здравей, ixston. Добре дошъл във форума. Къде живееш в Бг?
    GR; Y61; 1998; RD28TDI; MANUAL TRANSMISSION;

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Bulgarians in these remote to Europe site.

DamianovDD, I'm from Yambol, where is the Patrol, but it's of my brother, who is the beekeeper. I'm in Italy, for good or bad. Good for a personal social context, bad for the practical impossibility to return back in Bulgaria.

(follows a challenge for non bulgarian-speakers) Здравей! Аз, както виждаш, съм извън Бългаия, но се опитвам да държа връзка. Както знаеш, ние сме практични и от мравка можем да направим кон. Не знам в случая дали ще стане, защото кранът струва два пъти повече от Джипа, и брат ми май се разкъндардисва.

Plasnart, thanks for the video!!! I just saw a similar pallet-lifter and was considering it, but this shows how it could work. Any other practical solution is welcome!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DamianovDD, by the way, could you suggest me good dealer (also on line) of good MUD tires?

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those interested in original solutions:

http://www.apilift.de

http://www.mybodyandme.de/APILIFT%20...id=mmzLD7RbsKM
    (look at the videos)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ixston View Post
    DamianovDD, by the way, could you suggest me good dealer (also on line) of good MUD tires?
    Sorry, ixton.
    I am now on search for the right tires manufacturer, and will buy new mudies for the next winter. Here on the forum i have learn this - first choose the the tires you really need and then look for the best seller. And because this choice for me will be for the next winter, i haven't choose yet.

Bg in PM
    GR; Y61; 1998; RD28TDI; MANUAL TRANSMISSION;

7. The Following User Says Thank You to damianovdd For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (8th March 2011)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you front or rear mount it of the bar work. front mount where a winchwould go would make it easy to see the crane while driving and when you don't need it; take it off again. Save the roof and all the extra hassels associated with it.
    I'm not sure what the bull bar or tow hitch specs are. Just a thought.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123