OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 160 of 188 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1871

Thread: The "Tank" - Big, Grey and Ugly ..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking good Scotty, definitely a tuff ride, good luck sorting out the last of the gremlins.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark 1 For This Useful Post:

Bigrig (5th March 2012)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never looked at the patrol wiring but i remember a commodore a few years ago that had a transmission fuse blowing and it ended up being the trailer plug wiring in the boot shorting on the reverse light circuit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 97_gq_lwb View Post
    I have never looked at the patrol wiring but i remember a commodore a few years ago that had a transmission fuse blowing and it ended up being the trailer plug wiring in the boot shorting on the reverse light circuit.
    You're the second bloke to tell me that mate ... something to be checked for sure as it did play up once and was blowing the indicator fuse all the time. Would it be able to affect the TC solenoid though??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,884 Times in 3,670 Posts
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    True that old mate!!!! Both wheels off the ground in the shots from the weekend at springs!!!

Have to get used to it now - it has heaps of grunt, and on beer o'clock hill, if anything, I actually had to get off the skinny pedal - was hitting it too fast in low range (with reduction gears!!) at about half throttle!!! Power/torque is no longer an issue off road for sure -- now its just my crap driving left as an excuse!!!! lmao
    Oooh damn! having to get used to heaps more power must REALLY SUCK!!!!
    Hello from Under Down Under!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Well - just dropped Tank off for yet another bout of work!!!

Getting a couple of flat spots ironed out in the fuel map, and low and behold when we got to the park on the weekend, the front seal on the water pump poo'd itself and is leaking, so a new one going in.

On top of that, the gremlins are back and the TC isn't locking up again (manual switch isn't working either, nor the temp gauge) - the switch and gauge are on the same fuse, so can understand that may have blown, but again, as to what's causing this constant issue .. no idea ...

As ridiculous as it sounds, I hope the TC is either stuffed, or the solenoid is stuffed .. straight replacement for new part and move on ... spending 3 days going through electrical issues to find a loose wire/faulty connection is not my idea of "value for money" ...

And just so it's on record, even with Tank still a little under the weather, he can still climb straight over the top of other makes and models!!!!!
    3 Days???? I been chasing the damn fault with my TC for about 5 months!!!!

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is blowing a transmision fuse i'd say it would cause the tc to not work at all.
    I remember wiring up a torque converter lockup switch on a gq about 8 years ago from memory it put power to the lock up solenoid an easy test would be to do that yourself and work back from there.
    I have also heard of the switch in the gear selector being at fault so worth checking that as well.
    The trans computer being where it is does make it prone to water damage and i would also check it for dry solder joints and the plugs for corrosion they are a common cause of intermittent issues.
    Their is an electrical contact cleaner lubricant available from most electronic stores like jaycar dick smith etc.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 97_gq_lwb For This Useful Post:

taslucas (5th March 2012)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by taslucas View Post
    Oooh damn! having to get used to heaps more power must REALLY SUCK!!!!
    Hahaha ... yep, it's awful!!!! lmao

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it is blowing a transmision fuse i'd say it would cause the tc to not work at all.
    I remember wiring up a torque converter lockup switch on a gq about 8 years ago from memory it put power to the lock up solenoid an easy test would be to do that yourself and work back from there.
    I have also heard of the switch in the gear selector being at fault so worth checking that as well.
    The trans computer being where it is does make it prone to water damage and i would also check it for dry solder joints and the plugs for corrosion they are a common cause of intermittent issues.
    Their is an electrical contact cleaner lubricant available from most electronic stores like jaycar dick smith etc.
    Outstanding - thanks mate!!!

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not 100 % sure of this but i think from memory the trans computer on the carb models has a few factors used to calculate the tc lockup as well tps vs speed etc so anyone else having trouble it might be worth checking the tps with a multimeter to make sure it is working properly as well.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thats about everything i havent done. Awesome mate, i will be checking all those things. Cheers

Page 160 of 188 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170 ... LastLast