Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Duel battery low voltage issue

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    batteries hate heat and cold, full stop.
    Are you using deep cycle bat to start car, they don't like this at all, can and will kill em.
    get alternator checked and clean your earth's up.
    you may simply be using more power than your alternator can replace also, alt upgrade maybe on the cards.
    cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Batralite can get rid of sulfation on the plates.
    bat needs to be the NON calcium wet cell type, read directions on bottle.
    would not waste on older bat as they tend to fall apart internally when treated.
    look inside bat, if its dirty looking or grey scum floating around properly waste of time also.

This can work and does but it all depends on things you cant physically see entirely.
    I've been treating my cars wet cell bats with this for along time now and always get 5+ yrs from a battery ,so far touch wood.
    It's just a chemical that dissolves sulfation on the plates and as far as I can tell nothing else.
    also have recovered a couple of old bats a couple times now and got another year outta em.
    so recon it works.
    think Apollo give extra warranty if used from new, sometimes as a bonus but haven't seen that advertised for a while.
    Jaycar are the cheapest for this I've seen.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ET

Don't want to hijack the thread, but have a question that your answer may assist others. I have a dual battery setup (crank battery and a deep cycle) with a Redarc isolator. Have since bought a solar panel and was wondering whether to get a multi stage smart charger like Ctek or Redarc. Is it necessary or just preferable? Please advise. Thanks

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Guys,
    This thread has been going for some time now. So thought I'd put a little input of my own. As one of the previous posters quoted, if the deep cycle is being used to start, they certainly won't last long under that strain. Know nothing about the Redarc isolator but have a TJM dual battery solinoid on my trol. It seems to be working fine. I have a Ctek in my truck and have the fridge in there all week with no worries. However the life of the deep cycle under this pressure lasts between 12-18 months,depending on how low the voltage gets. The battery world guy near me tells me a deep cycle battery has so many cycles. A cycle is when it goes from full charge to a lower voltage say 11 volts for example. That is 1 cycle. A 100 amp deep will give for memory about 100 or so cycles. In my truck the fridge will for 4-5 days without being charged before the low voltage cut out on the fridge cuts in.
    Hope this sheds some light on the thread.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stock patrol For This Useful Post:

Aquarian51 (8th February 2012), Jock (10th February 2012)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12