Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: ZD30 Engine Challenge - Intermittent Power Loss

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MATE ! I've been having the EXACT same problems / Symtoms - power loss , code 77 fuel injection timing etc , was told injector pump but like you didn't want to spend that kind of money & still not fix the problem , after much trial & error - inspecting tank - clean , pressuring fuel lines - no leaks , I then discovered primer pump on top of filter housing was hard after 1 pump whereas a few mates with same engine said they'd have to pump there's a dozen times - anyway I bypassed the standard filter / housing with a Ryco inline filter & fixed it straight away !!!! What a fukn relief I telya . Ran it for a month with NO dramas - put it back to standard & 2 days later the problems started again . Wanted to pull housing apart to see what's happening in the there but it's pressed together so I wrapped a white rag around the outlet to catch anything & blew into the inlet with the compressor , found nothing but it's been hooked up back through standard filter now for months & NO dramas . Hope this helps . & yes I put about 6 or 8 filters on it - both free market & genuine Nissan .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 515 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HA ! Just saw your original post was 2 years ago so if you haven't fixed it by now you'd have burnt it.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprock View Post
    MATE ! I've been having the EXACT same problems / Symtoms - power loss , code 77 fuel injection timing etc , was told injector pump but like you didn't want to spend that kind of money & still not fix the problem , after much trial & error - inspecting tank - clean , pressuring fuel lines - no leaks , I then discovered primer pump on top of filter housing was hard after 1 pump whereas a few mates with same engine said they'd have to pump there's a dozen times - anyway I bypassed the standard filter / housing with a Ryco inline filter & fixed it straight away !!!! What a fukn relief I telya . Ran it for a month with NO dramas - put it back to standard & 2 days later the problems started again . Wanted to pull housing apart to see what's happening in the there but it's pressed together so I wrapped a white rag around the outlet to catch anything & blew into the inlet with the compressor , found nothing but it's been hooked up back through standard filter now for months & NO dramas . Hope this helps . & yes I put about 6 or 8 filters on it - both free market & genuine Nissan .
    I sent you a dm please

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345