Thread: Y62 parking sensor going off sporadically

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Sorry catching up. So it is a Proximity parking sensor and not your radar sensor yeah? If it is the proximity sensor ans you have a Rhio bar then the fitter had to tax the sensor mount off your bumper as Nissan don't sell them and the Rhino kit doesn't cone with replacements. Can you post a puc of the mounted sensor that is going off. There is an Up and Down on the mount. In the bumper the bumper is angled down, when transferred to the Ehion bar it changes the mount angle which I was very concerned about but has been fine. Show me yours. Take the photo from the side, from your numberplate towards the sensor so I can see the angle of the mount. It is slight but obvious.
    All good. Yes definitely the proximity sensors. goes off at slow speed sporadically.

i noticed that they robbed the original bar of the mounts and cut them to fit the bar, pretty disappointing to be honest, and now proving to be quite frustrating.

so when standing at the front of the car looking at the plate, it is the front left sensor (drivers side), not the farthest from the numberplate.

This photo is how the sensor sits when fully installed flush etc. this is the position that also results in the sporadic beeping. sometimes its fine other times its going off frequently until i re adjust. its clear its on the threshold.
    Placement when sitting flush in bar.jpg

This image is how i have placed it now (slightly in and what feels like it is aimed slightly more up). it has helped significantly, but got a couple of beeps today again.
    placement to reduce unwarranted beeping.jpg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 13,452 Times in 6,588 Posts
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok. Yes those sensor mounts were harvested from the old bar but were a really bastard to refit. The profile of that rail made it a very snug fit which sounds great but meant the mount had to be trimmed to an inch of its lige ans then very little surface area left to use double sided tape to remount. The fact you could adjust it suggests it is just hanging on to be honest. It is mounted the right way up. Get your hand in thr back qns firmly push the mount back on and see if that helps. If not then go back to the installer and ask him to fix it. I will jump on Tappa and post a couple of pics that may help you understand the back side of that. Definitely Definitely mounting issue though.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi mate. Here is a couple of images for you. I have a video but need to sort it out ans upload to YouTube at some point.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t go back to the installer, we had multiple disputes as they broke all clips holding my grill, did terrible paint texta on scratches they did on the install and were honestly just hopeless, got a fraction of my money back but essentially they are simply not an option.

Yes you’re right The sensor is simply held on by the press fit, no adhesive. If I push it so it’s flush the sensor goes off all the time so I have to keep it recessed slightly. Question is what is the double sided tape you’re using? That might be enough for me to simply recess it enough and stop it from going off

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I used the best quality and load rated I could buy at Bunnings. It has done the job. The last pic is a screen shot from my video. You can see though in that image that the factory mount is way too big ans I had to trim a fair bit off.

If your installer was not a Rhino Bar installer normally then I can tell you mate that they were in a world of hurt. No excuses, especially for damage, but installing this bar was a bloody Train wreck mate. Did my head in with a zero amount of online information. Rhino reckon its a 6 hour job..... it may be..... i can tell you the first one they fitted was not!! After they have done a few I'm sure they have now got a system but to a new installer I would expect it to take double that time.

The kit was soo bad and info online was zero. It was on my hoist for 3 weeks. 3 weekends. I stopped on the first weekend because I simply didn't believe that they had sent me the correct bar as the instructions were that inaccurate.

I will never fit one again. I will pay the $660 to have it fitted. If I ever have a crash I will tell the repairer to send it to Rhino for the bar install as they will make a mess of it and loose money fitting it.

Send me a pm if you like and you xan grab me on FB messenger and I can share a few video clips of that part of the install. I have never put a Video together before and need to figure the editing and merging out then a warts and all install video will be produced. I will be throwing them under a bus.
    Last edited by MudRunnerTD; 4th January 2022 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,247 Times in 4,952 Posts
    Mentioned
    469 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y62 parking sensor going off sporadically

Post your uploaded trials & tribulations here via Youtubey private link instead of the FB competition possibly ?

EDIT: Exactly 43 ‘Lives’ have been saved over the years without FaceFoof’s help

https://youtu.be/mhuGpWU_zgM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MB; 4th January 2022 at 08:35 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (4th January 2022)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Post your uploaded trials & tribulations here via Youtubey private link instead of the FB competition possibly ?

Yeah for sure mate, using Messenger I cam just send direct to him privately a couple of 1 minute cuts of vid that gives him insight. A full video will probably be 30 minutes of so. There is a heap that I just need to switch together when I get my head around that tech.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post

Hahaha. Funny bastard. Imagine a 2 acre lot with a Hills Goist dead centre and a self propelled Rover Lawn mower tied to it. That has got some potential!!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks mate. Yeah they are a recommended installer of Rhino but my god they were unprofessional. Doing some research prior I read that it was a pig of a job to install but still doesn’t justify breaking all the grill clips followed by trying to superglue them hoping I wouldn’t notice. Can’t bring myself to leaving my car with someone that dodgy. I’ll try the tape myself as you suggest and see if that can fix it.

If I were to have my time again I’d reconsider and look to the predator bar I think, but not sure if they are any easier

Thanks
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The problem with the grille and basically everything about this car to be honest is you literally just have to use Brute force and Pull shit off. Kinda crazy but true. The Grille clips were a bit of a bastard and I had not yet quite got might head around "Brute Force" unclipped the top then PULL! Think Leggo on Steroids.

Just about every plastic part of this car needs Brute Force to Pull off. Let me go to Tappa and show you Brute Force!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast