OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 899 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 399799849889897898899900901909949999 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 8,990 of 10454

Thread: What did you do to your Patrol today!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    Please do tell more YB mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As some of you may or not know , I was once a state manager for YHI Power.
    We had a supplier in China that made awesome batteries They even make batteries for Ford and GM over there.
    Anyway they have a spiral battery called a NPC65. I have 2 still. Ones in the wife’s CX9 and the other is a spare now days, but once it lived in the Patrol as my fridge battery. A only 65 ah yes it didn’t run the fridge for days like bigger batteries, but it recharged so fast.
    My batteries were sample batteries from the factory and are 4 years old now. I test them regularly and they are as good as new still.
    One is still in the Patrol as the start battery. They cranked at 900 cca.
    The problem and only problem was the price.
    Our competition was the Optima and it has years of marketing behind it and because of eBay etc, they are so cheap these days and our battery cost more.
    If you ever see one, consider buying one as they are a good product.
    FYI I don’t work there anymore

Proud BTrol Owner
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Yeti's Beast For This Useful Post:

MB (10th April 2019)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a trip on Monday out to do the Gunbarrel hwy including the abandoned section, so was going over the Patrol doing some pre-trip maintenance and noticed the factory cooler was leaking oil. Rather than take a chance with it failing while remote, I bought an off the shelf welded unit from Browns radiators in Perth, just down the road from me.

Cost was $445, so a little dear for what it is, but I wanted one in a hurry, so it will suffice. I'd say its pretty similar to the Forefront type, direct factory replacement bar and plate style. The core is a bit thicker at 70mm vs the factory 60mm, so I'll see how it goes. Fitting was easy enough, although I noticed there was a couple of the crush tubes missing from the mounting rubbers, so I swapped these over from the factory one. Not really expecting much in egt improvement, more of a reliability issue for remote travel for me. I'll see how it goes on a decent trip when we head off on Monday.

2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to stevemc181 For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (11th April 2019), 10G (11th April 2019), 4bye4 (11th April 2019), Bidja (12th April 2019), MB (11th April 2019), mudski (11th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,299 Posts
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I've had a Browns in for four years now and if you just want to replace not upgrade they are real good value for money IMHO.
    2005 GU IV ST 3.0. Snorkel. Roof rack. Awning. Spots. Welded I/C. Dual batteries & VSR. UHF. Barn door hinge extension. Roof top spot lights. Rear drawers. 2" lift. NADS. EGT and boost gauges. Trans temp and water temp gauges. Provent 200 catch can. Rear ladder

And crawling on the planet's face, some insects called the human race. Lost in time. And lost in space... and meaning.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 4bye4 For This Useful Post:

stevemc181 (11th April 2019)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,320 Times in 754 Posts
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stevemc181 View Post
    I've got a trip on Monday out to do the Gunbarrel hwy including the abandoned section, so was going over the Patrol doing some pre-trip maintenance and noticed the factory cooler was leaking oil. Rather than take a chance with it failing while remote, I bought an off the shelf welded unit from Browns radiators in Perth, just down the road from me.

Cost was $445, so a little dear for what it is, but I wanted one in a hurry, so it will suffice. I'd say its pretty similar to the Forefront type, direct factory replacement bar and plate style. The core is a bit thicker at 70mm vs the factory 60mm, so I'll see how it goes. Fitting was easy enough, although I noticed there was a couple of the crush tubes missing from the mounting rubbers, so I swapped these over from the factory one. Not really expecting much in egt improvement, more of a reliability issue for remote travel for me. I'll see how it goes on a decent trip when we head off on Monday.

Have a great trip stevemc181, I'm heading that way in Late June. How did you go with the permit for the abandoned section?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 10G For This Useful Post:

stevemc181 (11th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,835 Times in 2,012 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing, again! lol
    Winner of 'Best 4 x 4 ' at the 2017 Albany Agricultural Society Inc - Town n Country Ute Muster.

Ex Telstra - 2005, 4.2 TDi ute -with pod and more fruit than a grocery shop.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DX grunt For This Useful Post:

Clunk (11th April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10G View Post
    Have a great trip stevemc181, I'm heading that way in Late June. How did you go with the permit for the abandoned section?

No problem, only took me a day to get it! Which was a surprise.
    I had the self serve permits for the rest of it via Heather hwy, as I originally wasn't going to do the abandoned section. I ended up deciding to do it and applied for the permit Last Monday on the off chance I'd have it in time, and they emailed it back last Tuesday. I'd allow a couple of weeks at least though, as they are usually a bit slower than that.
    2016 GU Legend Edition: 3505Kg GVM Upgrade and Stuff!

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Walked into the garage and looked at my Patrol in bits and went Meh! I so CBFéd!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

threedogs (13th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    Nothing, again! lol
    I've actually been using mine to go back n forth to work

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

DX grunt (18th April 2019)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Walked into the garage and looked at my Patrol in bits and went Meh! I so CBFéd!
    The worst. Felt like setting mine on fire when I thought I had it pretty well all done.. then the radiator let go. It. Never. Ends.

The master farter
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,264 Times in 6,427 Posts
    Mentioned
    460 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0-TJ-0 View Post
    The worst. Felt like setting mine on fire when I thought I had it pretty well all done.. then the radiator let go. It. Never. Ends.
    Wish mine would burn. It would solve a few, never ending issues that I so cannot be stuffed fixing. A new gearbox is in order to and the fund just aren't allowing that right now. Nor can I justify spending that sorta coin on this Patrol anymore.

Then, when its going, and I get in it a take it for a spin, I turn the radio off, have the rear left window down and just listen to the sweet sounds of the Garret whistling away and enjoy it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

0-TJ-0 (11th April 2019)

Page 899 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 399799849889897898899900901909949999 ... LastLast