Thread: Rosscos GQ Rejuvenation

Thanks
    Thanked 7,067 Times in 3,425 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah would rather poly in black if i can find some. For this reason plus, they would look the least obvious and not sure if it would be true or not, but may transfer less vibration than ally. Hopefully i can get through to the supplier soon and he has some, if not can get some somewhere else soon . . .

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    Posted that up as it came straight to mind before I thought too much about body lifting. I've never done a body lift so is there non-metallic separation between body, chassis and the blocks anyway? If so then that'd be pretty ok as far negating galvanic reactions go, but poly even better.

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 7,067 Times in 3,425 Posts
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think from reading that anodic index the cast alloy would be anodic to the body/chassis so would be the block that would corrode, not the body/chassis. Perhaps someone more learned could confirm?

What is the charge? Eating a meal? A succulent Chinese meal??

Thanks
    Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,757 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up the new cab this arvo. . .

Sincerely hope this is the only time the GQ is towed behind a Cruiser. . . Had to drive it home with a bag on me head so no one saw me . . .

Engine bay is sweeeeeeeet.😊

SHINEY . . Gonna be a shame to drive it let alone bash it through the scrub. 😕

Also got in touch with the dude i got the body lift blocks from. Gonna swap the 50mm ones for some 70mm. . .

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

5. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

AB (30th June 2017), Chappy (1st July 2017), Family4x4 (8th May 2020), GQtdauto (1st July 2017), jay see (2nd July 2017), MB (30th June 2017), MudRunnerTD (30th June 2017), mudski (30th June 2017), Plasnart (1st July 2017), TPC (30th June 2017), Winnie (30th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 20,871 Times in 8,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    583 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep had a little sticky beak and it looks awesome! Shiny engine and chassis time, showroom condition when assembled for photo shoots and then time to destroy all that hard work on a tight pinstripe track

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AB For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (30th June 2017), Rossco (30th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post
    Yep had a little sticky beak and it looks awesome! Shiny engine and chassis time, showroom condition when assembled for photo shoots and then time to destroy all that hard work on a tight pinstripe track

Yeah i think so, only way for it. It'll never be this shiny again may as well get it over with

Thanks
    Thanked 12,453 Times in 6,270 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That's so sexy Rossco!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Rossco (30th June 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AB View Post

I hate the Mag but the one thing i regret not chasing when i rebuilt the GQ was a Photo Shoot for the 4WD Action mag just for the memory and Souvenir. I wrecked it quickly and was not longer suitable but you should line up a photo shoot with them mate, they will be keen as bud. They very much like them when everything is spotless clean like yours will be.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Rossco (30th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    Yeah i think so, only way for it. It'll never be this shiny again may as well get it over with

I took mine down an overgrown track on the first day trip out and it hurt a lot!!! i felt every scratch in the paint.

Next trip out i crashed off a slippery track in the Snow and hit a tree and put a dent in the front quarter panel and the rest is history. It looked great.......once.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!

The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Family4x4 (8th May 2020), Rossco (30th June 2017)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you didn't paint the panels yeah? how is the colour match mate? You will have to give them a heavy Cut and Polish to match the shine. Engine bay is Glorious mate.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good idea about the mag, didn't think of that at all. Yeah same don't really like the mag but may as well see what happens. . Would be pretty cool.

All panels are getting painted in stages, droped the doors of today, will pick them up and swap with the bonnet & barn doors. Have to admit scratched front quarter in transit on the way home, will have to do that one again. . . Bugger. .

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rossco For This Useful Post:

GQtdauto (1st July 2017), MudRunnerTD (30th June 2017)

Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast