Thread: Cooper ST or STT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper ST or STT

Hi all,
    I know I am going to start a fight here, but here goes.
    I am looking at putting on a set of 285/75/16 on my GU and was wondering should I go ST or STT and why.
    Cheers
    Cadbury
    1999 GU 4500 ST Auto, 3" EFS Lift, EFS Adj Panhard, GME Radio.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of driving are you going to be doing and do you run 2 sets of wheels?
    S/T's are 50/50 onroad/offroad and the STT's are 20/80 onroad/offroad.

Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    What sort of driving are you going to be doing and do you run 2 sets of wheels?
    S/T's are 50/50 onroad/offroad and the STT's are 20/80 onroad/offroad.

Tony
    x2 depends what you application will be........in the looks department go the STT but then why not go Micket T mtz they come from the same place

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i had cooper atr and they were absolute sh@t in the wet road after 12mths but then a gain i got 350,000kms out of them but no one beleives me not even the tyre place that took them off 305x70x16 cooper ATR never had any problems off road though dont know if this helps u at all but my opinion i am running 275x75x16 KL78 Kumho no problems on or off wet or dry

1989 GQ LPG / PET TB42 LWB WAGON 4'LIFT 33's
    WELCOME TO THE MUD PITT WE DRIVE NISSAN PATROLS
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep! that's an easy one...... buy something else!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MudRunnerTD View Post
    Yep! that's an easy one...... buy something else!
    Yep ill second that, my father has run st and mates have run stt. They all said they would never buy them again
    Qualified Auto-Electrician
    Apprentice Sparky

Dont own a Patrol or any 4WD at the moment, hopefully will change into the future

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can not agree with that, I have run both STT and ST [currently] as have my brothers both of whom have purchased another set, I know they come from the same factory but judging by a mates experience I wouldn't get the Micky Ts
    Western Patrol Club member

GQ with 5.7 Gen 111 V8, Dual ARB airlockers, 33" Coopers, 9000lb Premier winch, Black Widow draws

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cadbury - have a look see tomorrow and a chat with a few at the BBQ. I've got Mickey T's and I'm stoked with them and I've had STT's previously and wasn't overly impressed - Sandra has them on hers now! My biggest issue with them was on the black stuff - mostly the noise as they wore down (although Sandra's aren't as noisy as mine funnily enough), and the traction in the wet (as you are on bitumen far more than on the dirt). My old man had a set of ST's and did a trip to the Kimberley's on them and swore he'd never have a set again - they chipped up badly and didn't wear overly well in his opinion.

Everyone will have a different opinion mate, but you need to weigh up your uses, your driving style, etc, etc - all the tyres are good in themselves, but everyone's road conditions, expectations, etc is what varies ....

Now .... where's that hornets nest I just stirred up? LOL!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,953 Times in 6,829 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    Cadbury - have a look see tomorrow and a chat with a few at the BBQ. I've got Mickey T's and I'm stoked with them and I've had STT's previously and wasn't overly impressed - Sandra has them on hers now! My biggest issue with them was on the black stuff - mostly the noise as they wore down (although Sandra's aren't as noisy as mine funnily enough), and the traction in the wet (as you are on bitumen far more than on the dirt). My old man had a set of ST's and did a trip to the Kimberley's on them and swore he'd never have a set again - they chipped up badly and didn't wear overly well in his opinion.

Everyone will have a different opinion mate, but you need to weigh up your uses, your driving style, etc, etc - all the tyres are good in themselves, but everyone's road conditions, expectations, etc is what varies ....

Now .... where's that hornets nest I just stirred up? LOL!!!!!
    BUZZZZZZZ BuZZZZZZZZZZZZ actually kinda agree but a bit of a fence rider. Had ST's on a Jeep Cherokee couldnt fault em. Had em on a work hilux wore fast and unevenly could been wheel alignment. Two mates had em on troopys wore terribly,scalloped appearance. They wouldnt get again STT only heard of em being destroyed at Loveday so no real comment there. Good luck whichever way you go preserve your investment and rotate minimum every 10k

IF YA DONT GET STUCK YA AINT TRYIN HARD ENOUGH........OR YA TOOK THE CHICKEN TRACK

WARNING: TOWBALLS USED WITH SNATCHSTRAPS DO KILL!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my mate has a set of 35" stt's on his gu and swears by them..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast