OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Y61 New tyres balance and Y62 alignment now steering wobble and veers to left

Thanks
    Thanked 1,239 Times in 996 Posts
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit far to bring it to me to align.

Report says cambers were +00.13 lH RH +00.19 total toe was -1.4 mm now they are camber +00.41 LH and camber +00.20 RH with total tow of +1.7 mm
    I am guessing that the lh camber is meant to be +00.14 or at least I am hoping as this is not adjustable. But these figures I would set around 0mm total toe.

Setback was -00.02 it is now +00.01
    So just to clarify with these figures it has positive camber so you would set LH and RH tow to 0.00 giving total toe of 0 mm
    Setback is ok, Your cambers are in the + range, so yes a total of 0mm will be fine.

If they have used y62 setup in error and they are trying to achieve total toe of +1.5 mm they are aiming for the wrong setting? If spec for toe of 0-1 mm they have set in incorrectly as total toe is now +1.7mm after adjustment
    You will possibly wear outside shoulders. The +1.7mm is fine on the Y62 as they have an independent front end.

When you say total toe is 0-1 mm are you saying -1mm 0 to + 1 mm or are you saying 0 to +1mm is the correct range?
    I use 0 to +1mm on all solid front 4x4's.

As for the pull. Is it going left when you hold the wheel straight? If you let go of the wheel does id drive straight?

If you let go of the wheel and it goes left, try swapping the front wheels left to right. The issue could lie in the tyres. But first I would get your alignment redone to 0mm - a maximum of +0.5mm and see if it is pulling.

Are you able to take a pic or scan both reports and post them and I will pick them to pieces.
    In the words of a Dhuck "QUACK".

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhuck

Thanks for the input. Yes when I let go off the wheel the car will veer off the left hand

My first attempt to upload pics not sure it it works. If no good I could email it to you if you send me a message with your contact

Thanks for your suggestions

wheel alignment.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuck View Post
    Bit far to bring it to me to align.

I am guessing that the lh camber is meant to be +00.14 or at least I am hoping as this is not adjustable. But these figures I would set around 0mm total toe.

Setback is ok, Your cambers are in the + range, so yes a total of 0mm will be fine.

You will possibly wear outside shoulders. The +1.7mm is fine on the Y62 as they have an independent front end.

I use 0 to +1mm on all solid front 4x4's.

As for the pull. Is it going left when you hold the wheel straight? If you let go of the wheel does id drive straight?

If you let go of the wheel and it goes left, try swapping the front wheels left to right. The issue could lie in the tyres. But first I would get your alignment redone to 0mm - a maximum of +0.5mm and see if it is pulling.

Are you able to take a pic or scan both reports and post them and I will pick them to pieces.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Double check your front tyre pressures too, you may have a slow leak on e the left.
    As suggested swap fronts over.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a bit of a bullshite alignment to me. The camber is not adjustable, yet it has changed quite significantly. Hmmmmmmmm. You need the toe down around 0mm to +0.5mm max. The arseholes have not even measured your caster. This plays a factor in your left hand pull. We need a +0.5 degree to +0.75 degree split in the caster which will counter act the camber on our roads.

If you want to know a bit more, send me a pm with your number and I will give you a call.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhuck

Attached second alignment printout

alignment_2.jpg

Finall result was tyre service recommended I buy an adjustable drag link vehicle pulls to the left?

Have a good day

warek

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are not holding the steering wheel straight and it is veering left then it is not a drag link issue. However, if your steering wheel is down to the right a little and you need to hold it straight and then the left pull starts, then this may be possible that you do need the drag link to correct the steering wheel angle. Have replied to your pm mate

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dhuck

What does a drag link cost and if there are different brands what are some of the better ones that are well priced?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12