User Tag List

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Another TB42 to TD42 Conversion

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a delivery at work today. My two hard fuel lines that run across the bulkhead and my fuel filler neck and cap turned up from NISS4X4. It’s getting so close to fitting date now I can start to feel a tingling in the ole sac, shame that the Manifold is the holdup though otherwise I think I would have had a 100% built motor by now.

I am doing a trip this weekend, so hopefully that will be the last time I fill up with that crappy LPG stuff, I will run it dry on the way home and just use petrol from there on in to get me home, then the following weekend I will rip all the gas system out.
    I just really hope that the manifold from Patrolapart arrives as planned or I will be spewing, cos it will put me back no end.

Finally I also landed a bit of bargain on Gumtree, I found a bonnet scoop with insulator for my top mount intercooler for a mere $60, when I went to collect it, found it was in excellent condition. Another fine result!
    scoop.jpg
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its because you are using that dirty cast dump pipe. Yuck. Shoulda just run the gauntlet.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmm, thats the standard one mate.. the 3" one does look a heap better, but like i say i stand by my decision to go with the standard dump just in case i do have to change it over, im hoping not, but hey......
    Just a minor setback really.. Ya live n learn hey

Last trip this weekend then i start to pull out the BBQ fuel and prepare for engine removal... excited much ???? Farrrrkkkkkkk Yeah ... lol
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update time, been a bit slack on the diary up keep as I have had the mother of all colds. I was off sick from work all last week due to a serious chest infection that laid me up for days following a 4wd trip to the haunted stream, the trip was awesome with all the crossings producing water on the bonnet so it was so worth it…
    Anyway back to it, after I had recovered from my epic illness I absolutely smashed out the progress with the help of two good friends that came to my assistance. Deano and Stuart both kindly gave up there Saturday arvo to come and help me rip the motor out of the truck..
    I started early Saturday morning by removing the LPG tank and all the feed lines from the filler neck to the tank and from the tank to the converter, this was relatively easy to do on my own with the aid of a trolley jack to take the weight of the LPG tank while it was lowered, I instantly gained about 5mm of lift clearance to.

I then removed the filler neck and replaced it with a diesel one (This is due to the larger filler nozzle folks so don’t forget to do this or you will be Sorley disappointed when you rock up to the servo !).

I now had to trace the wires back from the electrical side of the LPG and this is not my strong point, so I left this to Stuart as he is more qualified to look at this than me, while i was waiting for Stu I decided to start to ID tag all of the engine bay electrical connections & pull out the battery and the air intake system.
    It’s amazing once you actually get into it how quickly the motor gets stripped out, before I knew it Stuart was here and the LPG electric system was completely removed, we then both concentrated on getting the motor bolt on items stripped off in order to remove the motor from the truck.

After a fair bit or work we had the motor to the point of almost being ready to hoist out, the only thing that I needed to do now was to unbolt the engine mounts and the bell housing mounts, by now it was already 4pm & Stuart had to depart for a few hours to book in a job with a client, so I just continued to plod along bit by bit, approximately 30 mins after Stuart left Deano arrived to lend a hand and his timing could not have been better, it was with Dean’s help and perseverance that the top two bolts in the engine / bell housing were finally removed and the TB motor was free to be lifted out of the car..

With the motor now removed it was time to call it a day (8PM) and, Stuart returned around to survey the damage and we spent the rest of the evening pondering the next stage… The following day I headed out again and ripped out the belly tank and charcoal canister mounting bracket, I then changed over the bell housing for the diesel one and re fitted the clutch fork assembly..

That’s It Motor Is out and now im preparing to drop in the Diesel, the only thing I need to do first is to change my power steering lines over to suit the diesel as the pump is on a different side. I am also still waiting delivery of my Turbo Manifold from Patrolapart, hopefully I should get this part this week cos if I don’t its going to really hold me up, because for the moment it’s a fully complete Flintstone’s conversion..

More to follow – Watch this space

20150502_123616.jpg
    20150502_182248.jpg
    20150503_132002.jpg
    20150503_151237.jpg
    20150503_132037.jpg
    Last edited by Andyh; 4th May 2015 at 12:26 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Rossco (4th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,607 Times in 1,472 Posts
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Will you clean and paint engine bay while it's empty ?
    KATROL- The 2nd
    GU TD42TGi
    Not as pretty, but a whole lot tougher
    Silent member 1208
    Yes Michael, I bought a JEE.....60.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, i would like to say yes, but in reality .... no cos it will get smothered in crap after my first real drive anyway.... lol
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

katwoman (4th May 2015), threedogs (4th May 2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,969 Times in 2,763 Posts
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh nice 1!! Starting to come together now, won't be long before it's back on the road. . .

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully not mate, just got to iron out where the temperature sender wires are and how to hook it up, Im also thinking i might have to change my Oil pressure sender over from the TB to the TD as i don't think the TD has the gauge, it has no vac line on the sender, so i just have to figure out where the vac line goes as mine fell off the TB when i disconnected the plug and i have no idea where it goes at this point. lol
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyh View Post
    lol, i would like to say yes, but in reality .... no cos it will get smothered in crap after my first real drive anyway.... lol
    A good gernie should clean it up a bit while the motor is out
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woop Woop.

Looks like my power steering lines have arrived at work today so i can get on with swapping these over now.
    Next stop will be pick up the manifold bolt on the turbo, plumb in all the lines and fit the TD in to the trol

I'm going to be busy this weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andyh; 6th May 2015 at 12:45 PM.
    She'll be right mate
    it's a GQ

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andyh For This Useful Post:

Rossco (6th May 2015), Winnie (6th May 2015)

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast