OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Does any other Winch fit the factory Nissan Bullbar on a 2011 GU CRD?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These photos show the Runva 9500-Q winch in the Nissan steel bar.

20130217_045656.jpg

20130217_045643.jpg

This pic shows the control box mounted inside the bar out of the weather. Top is exposed a little but the control box is 100% water proof. The winch rope is generally well protected from the sun and rain. It would not get much direct sunlight.

20130217_045636.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

hybrid (24th January 2015)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, thanks Rock Troll, did you use Dynema Rope or cable?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the Dyneema version.
    The difference between the two is the cable (steel or dyneema rope) and the fairlead, roller or hawse. The steel rope comes with the 4 roller fairlead while the dyneema has the aluminium hawse as in the pictures. No rollers. The rope just runs over the smooth aluminium surface.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking I should get the rope, but it's weird trusting the rope to pull such a heavy vehicle out of a sticky situation, in saying that heaps of people seem to use it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Trol View Post
    It's the Dyneema version.
    The difference between the two is the cable (steel or dyneema rope) and the fairlead, roller or hawse. The steel rope comes with the 4 roller fairlead while the dyneema has the aluminium hawse as in the pictures. No rollers. The rope just runs over the smooth aluminium surface.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Dyneema [tm] has been around for a very long time , first it is much safer to use as it does not store energy
    like SWR, If Dyneema breaks is just falls to the ground ,so less chance of injury. It floats too
    and for the size used is incredibly strong for its size, you can splice it in the field if it breaks, something you
    cant do with SWR.
    Just using Dyneema 10mm and an alloy or nylon hawse saves quite a bit of weight as well.
    Prices have come right down and 35 mtrs will cost you under $200 theese days.
    I had eyelet swaiged onto each end of my SWR and if going right off the beaten track I can use that as an
    extension.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to threedogs For This Useful Post:

hybrid (24th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...ine-Nissan-Bar

Dunno if its too late but I started my install with pics tonight if your interested

Cheers, Dave

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothrun For This Useful Post:

hybrid (29th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rock Trol;574680]These photos show the Runva 9500-Q winch in the Nissan steel bar.

20130217_045656.jpg

20130217_045643.jpg

This pic shows the control box mounted inside the bar out of the weather. Top is exposed a little but the control box is 100% water proof. The winch rope is generally well protected from the sun and rain. It would not get much direct sunlight.

I dont want to sound rude and in no way any offence but I think this needs clarification RockTrol, unless i got an old unit.

I bought my 11XP today and the control box is in no way 100% waterproof, in fact there is no significant point I could make about it being waterproof. It has a metal base plate with holes and a metal cover that is as helpful as a whitegoods cover, having said that I dont think it is majorly important to be 100% waterproof, it looks good enough to go underwater IMHO

Im happy with that, Ive read only twice people silicone them up solid because of corrosion, but personally i think they have over reacted. In the end it comes down to maintenance, in winter months ill spray it up with silicone grease and not plug up the base plate like ive read, drain holes i recon. In the summer give it a spray after crossings if need be. The rope needs maintenance so may as well check the electrics whilst your at it. Either way everything gets operated whilst checking.

I can see where you mounted your control box RockTrol, looks good, but how did u mount it, im at that point at the moment so id appreciate your feedback.

Cheers Dave

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoothrun For This Useful Post:

hybrid (29th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Smoothrun..

I should have written solenoid not control box. According to the web site they are: "100% Waterproof competition grade solenoid". The box may not be waterproof but the solenoids are. Then again, moisture might start corroding the contacts.

The control box is fitted via a bracket that bolts to the bull bar, just behind the number plate. The steel is doubled walled there so the bracket bolts to the back and extends towards the radiator. As you can see from the picture the control box is mostly behind and under the grill. Just the plug peaks out. I don't have a picture at the moment though and you can't see much.

If no bracket came with the winch then mine would have been fabricated by Pro 4x4 when they fitted the winch.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Rock Trol For This Useful Post:

Smoothrun (30th January 2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I agree with ya about the solenoid, and they do look realy good, I dont think we will have any dramas as long as they are maintained

As far as the mount goes Ive sorted that out then. was just waiting to see what you had done. Cheers and thanks
    Lifes a journey not a destination.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours fits

Just gotta rotate the gearbox - but you need to do this on all winches.

Cheers,

Matt
    Ironman 4x4

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast