Thread: Hostages held at Syndey Lindt Cafe

Thanks
    Thanked 7,438 Times in 3,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    If he thinks he is going to a heavenly place with a harem of virgins, well mister you are just dead, you are no more and you get nothing!

I am angry...
    I am angry too.
    He was never going to go to a good place, the man was a violent animal who twisted religion to suit himself.
    The world is better off without him.
    My thoughts are with the innocent victims & their families.
    I hope that the acts of this violent criminal result in more people standing up to show they understand that he is not representative of what he claims to be.
    The ‘I’ll ride with you’ response http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/martin-pla...15-127rm1.html cannot undo the harm that the victims of this event have suffered but it, & similar sentiments, can send the message to others like this animal that their actions don’t achieve what they expect, as well as reassuring our whole community that most people are good caring citizens.
    We cannot afford to let ourselves be pushed into a defensive corner by the actions of a few ...... it’s precisely what they want.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Bob (16th December 2014), Drewboyaus (16th December 2014), FNQGU (16th December 2014), MudRunnerTD (16th December 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to flip off the TV and read the reports, the stupidity of many of the media hosts and reporters is extremely frustrating !!!
    2004 4.2TD ST, Berrima Diesel Injector Tuned, Viper 3" SS exhaust, Cross Country Ultimate Intercooler, Solvaris sound proofing, DigOptions GPS/MMU, 220mm Roo Lights, PIONEER TS-D1602R 6.5" x 4 speakers, Autocar EGT&Boost gauges, Brown Davis 80L Aux, Icom 440, Alloy drawers and cargo barrier, 2" Amanda Extreme / Dobson / PolyAir lift, CSA mags with Toyo ATII tyres, Rhino Pioneer roof rack now with brackets, Performance 4x4 16g Large.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HuskyInAuz For This Useful Post:

firm351 (16th December 2014), growler2058 (16th December 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    I am angry too.
    He was never going to go to a good place, the man was a violent animal who twisted religion to suit himself.
    The world is better off without him.
    My thoughts are with the innocent victims & their families.
    I hope that the acts of this violent criminal result in more people standing up to show they understand that he is not representative of what he claims to be.
    The ‘I’ll ride with you’ response http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/martin-pla...15-127rm1.html cannot undo the harm that the victims of this event have suffered but it, & similar sentiments, can send the message to others like this animal that their actions don’t achieve what they expect, as well as reassuring our whole community that most people are good caring citizens.
    We cannot afford to let ourselves be pushed into a defensive corner by the actions of a few ...... it’s precisely what they want.
    This is right and I am sick of having to live in a world where we are supposed to live in fear of attack and where we have to give up our freedoms in the name of security.... to be honest I have more chance of being stabbed or beaten by some dickhead in my area in a roadrage then I do getting blown up in a terrorist attack but it seems stuff all gets done about that and we seem to be so use to this it has become the norm..

And yes I am bloody upset as to the outcome... very rare that it does not end well and 2 dead is so sad but the outcome could have been so much worse.

My thoughts go out to the friends and family of the deceased.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    get ready...it was just a feeler...they said yesterday he was middle age and it is the elders influencing and teaching the younger..he will be a martre now...he killed an infidel in the name of..this was new to here but it isn't new anymore...the best people to have handled this were inside ...but they just didn't know it ..now the fear is here in this country and fear at the right moment will bring out extraordinary things in even the weakest person especially if collectively....as said before ..f*"k waiting to see what outcome will be ...what his intentions are ...why etc etc...he came armed , he intended to hurt , he instilled fear ,he wasn't going home again , ...if you want to wait around to psycho analyse this shit as an individual and believe that violence begets violence then you are living in la la land ...it wont matter anymore if you know people of the same religion and
    consider them good...it will erupt soon now and they will definitely be looked at in a different light ...and feared...we have given them nothing to fear here yet ...the end result of giving them time to be analysed is on the news now...it may have happened anyway but not like lambs to the slaughter....if he survived , in this country,he probably would have only been given 6 months wholly suspended...if you want to stand on the self righteous pedestal re; the soft approach , violence doesn't help , we are the same as him if we kill him , etc then get out of the road or as said before ...wake up
    the one thing wrong with middle age ...is knowing you will grow out of it !

Thanks
    Thanked 1,525 Times in 887 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^umm what?
    He was acting alone and had other legal grievances. This has nothing to do with IS. It has everything to do with a nutter acting as a criminal. Best to check the facts on this individual first.

This is a horrific event for those involved and my thoughts are with the families of the folk who were killed but like BA said, there is more likelihood of me being stabbed in the street than this happening again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Drewboyaus; 16th December 2014 at 07:44 AM.

1997 GQ Patrol RX, TB42E. Mods: OME 2" lift, 33" BFG KM2'S, ARB winch bar & reconditioned X9 Superwinch, IPF 900 spotties HID conversion, ARB side steps and scrub bars, Kaymar rear step & spare wheel carrier & jerry holder, Rear 55W LED worklight, Safari Snorkel, 147L LRA tank, Extended diff breathers, dual batteries, GME UHF, Home built drawer and fridge slide, ARB 60L fridge.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Drewboyaus For This Useful Post:

Agronaught (16th December 2014), Bloodyaussie (16th December 2014), FNQGU (16th December 2014), Irish (16th December 2014), TPC (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,997 Times in 2,911 Posts
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    didnt make it on the forum yesterday and just saw this. It was tegan and my engagement party on saturday and we took yesterday off to relax from the weekend. her work is not even 100m from the lindt cafe and i cant imagine what would have been going through my head if she went to work yesterday. were very lucky that we took the day off together.
    I got red dust in my veins.

Check out My Rig here: Broken

Pics of Forum trips I've Been on:
    Pizza at AB's - 2012 Knockwood - 2013 Krissos Place Australia Day - 2015 Pizza at AB's - March 2015 Pizza at AB's - May 2015 Dargo - 2015 Newnes - 2016

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rusty_nail For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (16th December 2014), growler2058 (16th December 2014), mudski (16th December 2014), Stropp (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,438 Times in 3,009 Posts
    Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menace 2 View Post
    get ready...it was just a feeler...they said yesterday he was middle age and it is the elders influencing and teaching the younger..he will be a martre now...he killed an infidel in the name of..this was new to here but it isn't new anymore...the best people to have handled this were inside ...but they just didn't know it ..now the fear is here in this country and fear at the right moment will bring out extraordinary things in even the weakest person especially if collectively....as said before ..f*"k waiting to see what outcome will be ...what his intentions are ...why etc etc...he came armed , he intended to hurt , he instilled fear ,he wasn't going home again , ...if you want to wait around to psycho analyse this shit as an individual and believe that violence begets violence then you are living in la la land ...it wont matter anymore if you know people of the same religion and
    consider them good...it will erupt soon now and they will definitely be looked at in a different light ...and feared...we have given them nothing to fear here yet ...the end result of giving them time to be analysed is on the news now...it may have happened anyway but not like lambs to the slaughter....if he survived , in this country,he probably would have only been given 6 months wholly suspended...if you want to stand on the self righteous pedestal re; the soft approach , violence doesn't help , we are the same as him if we kill him , etc then get out of the road or as said before ...wake up
    We are all entitled to our opinions. I don’t share yours but we must be careful not to let it divide us. I believe your response is what people like him want. He was no more representative of Islamic faith than my big toe. He may have seen himself as a martyr, but he wasn’t. If we allow ourselves to believe that he was he will have achieved his aim.

Don’t let him win.

2006 4.2TDi ex-Telstra Remote area Camper. 425w roof mounted solar, 360Ah Aux batts, BCDC1240, Onboard hot & cold pressurised & filtered water, (25 litre hot water calorifier), ARB fridge, ARB freezer, Built in kitchen, heaps of easy access storage, 240v, 3” Genie exhaust + dynotune, 2” lift, 3900kg GVM upgrade, second glovebox, ROH Blaktrak steel wheels, Bridgestone D697's (now Toyo RT's), Redarc gauges/pillarpod, Hema HX-1, Icom 450 CB, dual rear view cameras, Onboard 30amp Victron mains charger, second glovebox, dual seat conversion, TPMS, Boss PX7 onboard air with 9 litre tank, 350w inverter, Steel bullbar, Harrop Eaton diff lock (front), Warn winch, Snorkel, Dual spares , 160 litre water tank, 180 litre fuel in two tanks (approx 1200km range) 2010 Tvan Tanami. (incl another 70 litre water tank) with matching wheels/tyres (& 3rd spare)
    A Nomadic Life (Blog)

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cuppa For This Useful Post:

Agronaught (16th December 2014), Bloodyaussie (16th December 2014), Bob (16th December 2014), coop (16th December 2014), Drewboyaus (16th December 2014), FNQGU (16th December 2014), mudski (16th December 2014), TimE (16th December 2014), TPC (16th December 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuppa View Post
    twisted religion to suit himself.
    Through out history, long past and recent we have see this all too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewboyaus View Post
    This has nothing to do with IS.
    He asked for their flag, probably to add more shock value to his actions, if he wanted one why did he not take it with him?

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyInAuz View Post
    I've decided to flip off the TV and read the reports, the stupidity of many of the media hosts and reporters is extremely frustrating !!!
    Me too, they go over and over the same piece and drive me nuts.
    Last edited by macca; 16th December 2014 at 07:55 AM.
    Cheers
    Macca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy was a known extremist why was he still in the country? He should have been in Guantanamo living with the C.I.A for a few years.
    In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

Theodore Roosevelt

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can not afford to be extreme in our reactions. The vast majority of people who follow the Muslim faith in Australia are good, honest, hard working, tax paying, Australians.

They are no more responsible for what happened than the rest of us.

The system does need to change in how we deal with extremists, but we do not need to become extremists ourselves.
    Last edited by Agronaught; 16th December 2014 at 08:31 AM.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Agronaught For This Useful Post:

93patrol (17th December 2014), Bloodyaussie (16th December 2014), Cuppa (16th December 2014), FNQGU (16th December 2014), macca (16th December 2014), TPC (16th December 2014)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast