Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donaldson Filter

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Donaldson Filter

I am just about to fit a Donaldson P902976 filter kit to my GU6. Just wondering if anyone has fitted one and where they located it. I know keeping fuel cool is a good idea for the common rail but under the bonnet seems to be the only logical place.
    2008 Patrol 3.0L 2" Raw Nitro Lift, Polyair airbags, Airflow snorkel, Drawers, UHF, Dual battery system and cage scavenged from my Prado Alloy roof basket from the chookyard. Boost and EGT gauges and NADS
    1980 MQ Ute (nearly forgot the indestructible farm Ute)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 11,352 Times in 6,458 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Under the bonnet is the only place. Are you getting rid of the OEM fuel filter? If not I would put if before the OEM filter maybe as those filters are cheaper to replace than the OEM ones. Exactly where? Where there is room I suppose. I am assuming you will need to make up a bracket of some sort...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Snow Patrol (6th September 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm goining to keep the OEM filter. Had a good look yesterday and looks like the easiest spot is over near the ABS unit. Also probably the hottest near the exhaust/turbo. Just thought I may have been overlooking the obvious...........still might be.....
    2008 Patrol 3.0L 2" Raw Nitro Lift, Polyair airbags, Airflow snorkel, Drawers, UHF, Dual battery system and cage scavenged from my Prado Alloy roof basket from the chookyard. Boost and EGT gauges and NADS

Thanks
    Thanked 11,352 Times in 6,458 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wrong side of the motor isn't it? Fuel filter is on the right side on your car isn't it. Maybe need to move the OEM filter and pre fab a bracket to fit the two together.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I am going to have to do something along those lines. No room at all on the drivers side. I cant even get to the water drain on the stock filter.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GQ TD42 had the fuel filter in the left had corner adjacent to the bonnet hinge basically. I have retro fitted a high mount turbo and the fuel filter is still there.
    Haven't had any issues with fuel in mine and to my knowledge it has had no effect on performance in the last 13years the turbo has been there. No additional maintenance and I think from memory I only replaced the rubber fuel line about 12 months ago and that was more due to the body lift making the line taught.
    Not sure how close you would be to the exhaust in your setup but I doubt it would be too much of a problem

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Patrolling Paddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted a cav filter here, not sure if you can but it gives you an idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cheers
    Macca

11. The Following User Says Thank You to macca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think your supposed too fit a second filter to a crd to hard for the pump to suck fuel through, better off just with a water watch they reckon, just what i have heard.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by batesy View Post
    I dont think your supposed too fit a second filter to a crd to hard for the pump to suck fuel through, better off just with a water watch they reckon, just what i have heard.
    yep been told the same thing to much pressure for the pump
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't know you couldn't fit a second filter to a crd. I bought one with it already fitted. have had it for a year now.
    Dan
    #1. 2007 Walkabout, Auto, 2" EFS lift, DP chip, 3" Exhaust, cross country intercooler, front and rear diff locks, manual torque convertor lockup, bulbar, IPF driving light, Dawes valve, Boost, EGT and transmission temp gauge, 80 Channel UHF, Black widow storage system, ARB duel wheel carrier. 215 Litre fuel. #2 GQ 95Ti TB42e.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast