Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ruby View Post
    That's funny...I was having beers with a good friend of mine after work and told him about this forum and you and me having alot of dialog. He told me that when he was in the US Navy they ported in Perth. This was probably back in the late 70's. He said thet when they ported you could sign up and get bored by a local family. He got hooked up with a group of people that took him to a local pub and then to a radio station. This was a long time ago, was is memory is a little faded, but he remember having a great time.
    You gotta love us Aussies Mate the friendliest ppl around.

So when you coming over to check us out for yourself????

We have HOT Girlies..............lol

Cheers
    Paul
    Last edited by patch697; 15th July 2010 at 08:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    You gotta love us Aussies Mate the friendliest ppl around.

So when you coming over to check us out for yourself????

We have HOT Girlies..............lol

Cheers
    Paul
    I'd love to. One big problem......no money. It's gonna be a little while before I can save up enough scratch to come over and do it right.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DX grunt View Post
    I belong to a club called the Western Patrol Club www.westernpatrolclub.com in Western Australia and I'm a country member. It's based in Perth and I'm about 3.5hrs drive away. I've made a decision to attend 2 outings a year - not much, but considering I have to drive 700km round trip and the 'play' kilometres - I think it's a fair deal. Obviously I'd like to attend more, but coz I'm a shift worker too, it's a bit too hard.

Take care out there.

Ross
    What's a shift worker?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,920 Times in 8,634 Posts
    Mentioned
    584 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's a shift worker?
    A shift worker is someone who doesnt have a set working time like 9am to 5pm 5 days a week.

They are normally on a roster and get called up to work at any time day or night and for whatever hours is needed for that shift.

Like the mining industry sometimes has shift workers or, taxi drivers, etc.

It can be quite hard being a shift worker as you may work all through the night and then you may get called up to work again the following day in the afternoon so it stuffs your body clock up a bit.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasnart View Post
    Just to clarify, this was intended as a joke, not an actual dig at Grunty. Should perhaps have used a smiling emoticon at the end.

Cheers.
    One of these would have made a huge difference mate.

This symbol enables you to write absolute dribble and get away with it...lol

I'm sure he wouldnt give a rats you know what but, you know whats funny?

Text on the computer can be interpreted in so many ways. I once had a humungous fight with a sales rep and we ended up nearly smashing eachothers face in over a simple missinterpreted (not sure thats a word) sentence but after speaking one on one we both ended up cracking ourselves laughing.

Smileys do however show your joking so bring on the pics...lol

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minx View Post
    One of these would have made a huge difference mate.

This symbol enables you to write absolute dribble and get away with it...lol

I'm sure he wouldnt give a rats you know what but, you know whats funny?

Text on the computer can be interpreted in so many ways. I once had a humungous fight with a sales rep and we ended up nearly smashing eachothers face in over a simple missinterpreted (not sure thats a word) sentence but after speaking one on one we both ended up cracking ourselves laughing.

Smileys do however show your joking so bring on the pics...lol
    That's sweet...how did you attached that little smiley drinking?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,443 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    G/day Alex hows thing in the good old USA?

Use the "Go Advanced" key mate

Cheers
    Paul

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patch697 View Post
    G/day Alex hows thing in the good old USA?

Use the "Go Advanced" key mate

Cheers
    Paul
    Summer's in full swing here. Newspaper said its going to hit 100 F or 38 C. It usually doesn't get that hot here. Funny thing is there is still snow up in the mountains. Reno is right at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mountain Range...Lake Tahoe.

Thanks for the info on the smiley drinking. I'm going to start playing around with it.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When you click reply to write back, youll see a button on the bottom right that says "go advanced"....it brings up another page to reply back but with more features.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had an amazing stroke of luck over the weekend.

As most of you know, I purchased a replacement P40 engine for my 1964 Patrol and discovered after the engine arrived that it was slightly different. I have been trying to find out what year and make vehicle the replacement P40 engine came from based on the serial numbers that were cast in the block. I kept running into brick walls and was getting no where. About 2 weeks ago I was telling a buddy of mine about wy problems. He suggested to contact a machine shop and see if the parts I needed could be reproduced.

I relayed this information to my mechanic. Both my mechanic and Patrol are about a 4 hour drive from me (Reno Nevada, USA). He thought it was a good idea and worth pursuing. He began calling around to different machine shops in his area (Elko Nevada, USA). One of the machine shops inquired what vehicle he was working on. My mechanic told him he was working on a 1964Nissan Patrol. The guy at the machine shop then told him there was a old boy that has two 1960's Patrols that he was looking to get rid of. Apparently one of the Patrol is just a parts vehicle and the other one is in excellent shape, only needing a new starter. The best part is that he is nearly giving them away, he just wants $200 for the pair.

I figure that I can't go wrong here. Worst case, I purchase both vehicles and have to part out both to get my rig running. Best case, I purchase both vehicles and only have to pillage from the parts vehicle to get my rig running and only have to replace the starter to get the other rig running. Then I either sell the other rig or keep them both.

I am super excited.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast