User Tag List

Thread: Gq tail light swap

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gq tail light swap

Hopefully doing a quarter chop in the near future, removing the stock bar with indicators for a rear bar so I need to got from tail lights like these

0034680_450.jpeg

To tail lights like these to incorporate the indicator

0032570_450.jpeg

Is there much messing around with the wiring in getting the indicator from the stock rear bar to the replacement tail lights and do the original brake and reverse wiring plug straight in to the new tail lights?

Just trying to get some hands on info so I can tick all the boxes before I start.

Cheers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not hard at all and not much to explain. .. very straight forward.

I have done this mod as have many others.. once you have a closer look you will see how easy it is.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

XT43 (17th August 2014)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool and thanks for the reply. Want as little down time as possible and there's nothing more frustrating as not having all the gear ready to go!

Thanks again

Thanks
    Thanked 13,557 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Double up from your bar with tails long enough to go back to the quarter panels. Done. You MIT have to rune a reverse wire from you Left side to the right side though but that's it bud. Simple.
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

XT43 (17th August 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    don't forget to solder the joins mate because this is an area where you will have most interference with any wiring ....also the reverse wires are already there for both sides they will be the only wiring and plug sockets already up to the originals...the clear lenses on the originals were for that .
    the one thing wrong with middle age ...is knowing you will grow out of it !

9. The Following User Says Thank You to menace 2 For This Useful Post:

XT43 (17th August 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,557 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by menace 2 View Post
    don't forget to solder the joins mate because this is an area where you will have most interference with any wiring ....also the reverse wires are already there for both sides they will be the only wiring and plug sockets already up to the originals...the clear lenses on the originals were for that .
    One of the Odd things about the ADRs that demanded this ridiculous setup was that the reverse light on the drivers side was left redundant because Nissan thought that they could not see around the spare wheel anyway or they set it up for Left hand drive, I. Have no idea, but on the GUIV they only hook p the passenger side reverse light even though the reverse light lenses is there! Just dumb! I even asked Nissan to check mine under warranty as the drivers side was not working.. Just dumb.

I would not be surprised if the GQ was the same? I did mine sooooo long ago I can't remember. Lol
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nah mate, reverse lights work both sides on a GQ

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

MudRunnerTD (17th August 2014)