Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: MDC Camper Trailer

Thanks
    Thanked 11,346 Times in 6,456 Posts
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Good luck doggy. All I can say is go over the thing wife a fine tooth comb. 100 times. If you intend on doing any distance trips on corrugation I would recommend ripping out the wheel bearings and putting in some decent branded ones. When they gave me spare wheel bearings that raised the alarm mighty quick that the bearings where cheap chit. Plus make sure everything works and you have everything before your first trip.
    I didn't, and I got caught out.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mudski For This Useful Post:

Woof (18th April 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where i use to work i dealt with a some guys from MDC a couple of times, i asked them would they ever buy one of there trailers they laughed and said f&%k

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Encouraging that isn't it? Atleast I can say that I am slowly making my camper better. All I need to do is figure out how to remove their massive logo from the cover on the trailer. Any idea's on that? Looks like its painted on. I though about trying turps or thinners but they would attack the material I think.
    Last edited by mudski; 18th April 2014 at 12:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudski View Post
    Encouraging that isn't it? Atleast I can say that I am slowly making my camper better. All I need to do is figure out how to remove their massive logo from the cover on the trailer. Any idea's on that? Looks like its painted on. I though about trying turps or thinners but they would attack the material I think.
    In the end though Mark you will end up with a very nice camper trailer. It's disappointing that you have to do so much work to a brand new trailer though

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (18th April 2014), mudski (18th April 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sucks hey.... the power of advertising and a bit of glitter and we part with good money !!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is disappointing but atleast it will be better.
    I will be really happy if I can get rid of their massive logo painted on the back cover. I turfed all the mudflaps and replaced the with plain black ones. The spare wheel cover was thrown out. Just one more to go.
    Oh yeah. They still email me asking for the deposit receipt. If I didn't have all these issues I would have helped them out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok gents! More issues! Yes more...

After ripping out the water pump from the tailgate kitchen to move it closer to the tank, where it should be, I thought I will wire in a manual switch to the pump so I can shut it off via the switch with ease. So off came the covers that conceal all the wiring behind the tail light and it was an absolute abortion! Soldiering done by a two year old! I have two LED spot lights here I thought I would mount at the back so when reversing at night these LED spot light will come on. WRONG! The reverse wire at the plug is non existent and non existent down the back of the trailer.
    SO. I though I would check the other side of the trailer at the lights. Upon removing the cover I found this... A stripped green wire!!!
    20140425_173600 (Medium).jpg

Then I thought to uncover the rest and unwound the electrical tape just below this...
    20140425_174112 (Medium).jpg

WTF!!!!!

So guess what I will be doing to this trailer? Removing the entire wiring and starting again!

PLUS!!!!

While I was under the trailer I noticed one of the shockers is FUBAR! It has leaked all its oil out. Pics to come later.

Atleast the kitchen sink tap will be much better...

From this...
    20140424_161628 (Medium).jpg

to this...
    20140424_161649 (Medium).jpg

I'm seriously thinking about starting a new thread on this entire trailer saga and also posting up all my issue's on Explore OZ forums or something.

Edit : I forgot. Check this out for laziness...

20140424_154200 (Medium).jpg
    Last edited by mudski; 25th April 2014 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually thinking about getting a mdc trailer a little while ago, that's thoughts gone. I want to make it my own not rebuild the entire thing.
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Thanks
    Thanked 5,403 Times in 3,186 Posts
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If they are asking for the paper work, Mudski, you should make them fix the wiring, replace the shockers with decent ones and pay for some of the items you have replaced. Making sure all is done to your satisfaction, before handing over what they want.
    My advice is: not to follow my advice.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    465 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mudnut View Post
    If they are asking for the paper work, Mudski, you should make them fix the wiring, replace the shockers with decent ones and pay for some of the items you have replaced. Making sure all is done to your satisfaction, before handing over what they want.
    And what about the ever growing list of shite I have already fixed and haven't yet fixed? People have asked me why I don't just go back to them and complain. What will this gain? Me getting irate at them, and them only to replace the crap with crap again? The wiring they will just patch up for starters... As for that paperwork they have lost. They won't be getting it off me. I'm not even going to waste my time going back there. I am compiling a group of photos and will be finding a forum where their product is most talked about and dump it there for all to see. Problem is I keep finding more issues every time I look at this trailer. I wonder what I will find when I remove the wheels to inspect the brakes.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast