Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gidday.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,755 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome along mate, enjoy your time with us, plenty of great people here and a great forum.
    2003 gu3 td42tdi sold 😞 bloody gvm towing crap. Bt50 3500kg gvm.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    hello Gav and welcome to the forum, I take it your a petrol guy.?
    anyway jump in anytime and enjoy
    Yes I am a petrol guy, for better or worse.. Currently have a company fuel card, cost of fuel didn't really worry me too much. well a little but.. I was more scared of blowing up a 3 litre. :-)
    2009 GU6 ST-L TB48DE - BUSHMAN FRIDGE, Tigerz-11 Awning, TITAN DRAWERS, TJM Bullbar, Warn Winch (trying to work out what version, and then find a manual)... Not much else YET ! ! ! But a near endless list of wants.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Welcome to the forum Gav. you've probably got the toughest petrol motor ever factory made.
    I love it already.. I think she could do with a good tune. So in the coming weeks I am planning on a full once over. When $$ allow.. Proper Tune when I find someone that knows what they are doing with that motor.. Without having to go to Dubai... Want to get the Auto Serivced... got a little wobble in the front at 100 and sometimes under brakes so will be looking to get that sorted..

then the fun begins. Looking at a little lift. Maybe 2" Need to get a Snorkel as there inst one there at the moment.. Cargo Barrier. Some Spotties or maybe a lightbar. Plan on going to the Vic 4wd expo at Wandin in a few weeks.. Talk to some clubs and vendors to see what I can learn..

So where should I post pics of the New and Old Patrols ?
    2009 GU6 ST-L TB48DE - BUSHMAN FRIDGE, Tigerz-11 Awning, TITAN DRAWERS, TJM Bullbar, Warn Winch (trying to work out what version, and then find a manual)... Not much else YET ! ! ! But a near endless list of wants.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,135 Times in 573 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghagan View Post
    I love it already.. I think she could do with a good tune. So in the coming weeks I am planning on a full once over. When $$ allow.. Proper Tune when I find someone that knows what they are doing with that motor.. Without having to go to Dubai... Want to get the Auto Serivced... got a little wobble in the front at 100 and sometimes under brakes so will be looking to get that sorted..

then the fun begins. Looking at a little lift. Maybe 2" Need to get a Snorkel as there inst one there at the moment.. Cargo Barrier. Some Spotties or maybe a lightbar. Plan on going to the Vic 4wd expo at Wandin in a few weeks.. Talk to some clubs and vendors to see what I can learn..

So where should I post pics of the New and Old Patrols ?
    If you really want to know how to get the best out of your 4.8l, then it probably isn't a silly idea in talking to the guys from over in Dubai or Saudi.... We have quite a few members over there now and I know that they use the 4.8's a lot. There was a write-up somewhere (I forget where I read it) that stated that they had managed to get 2000hp out of a 4.8l patrol that was used for desert racing... given the money that is over there, this doesn't seem too far fetched.

The snorkle is a good idea, especially if you intend to play in water/ do river crossings. If you do, make sure you also do things like diff breathers, silicon your distributor etc as well. As most would say (with good reason) if at all possible, stay out of the water. I have a diesel and love to play in the water but am still paying the price for it....

As for pic's, post them in the Members Rides section or the Build-up threads.

Have fun!
    2006 Ser IV GU, 6.5l TD V8 Chev with 4spd Auto, 3in Lift, 35in Kumho's, 12000lb winch, Nissan snorkel, Diff breathers, lightbar + Lightforce HD spots on roofrack. Built to go bush.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to another newbie

Hardcore
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 881 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghagan View Post
    Hi everyone..

I have just taken ownership of my second Patrol.. Its a 2009 ST-L 4.8.. I do have many plans, but also lots of questions. There are some things that I already know as I learned a lot from the many years of fun I had with my older Patrol, it was a 1992 4.2 Petrol DX.. We had much fun together, and I am sad that I parted ways with it but hey, now I have a new toy..

Chat to some of you soon I hope.

Gav.
    G’day Gav,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI
    The halls been rented the bands been paid, time to see you dance!

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gidday Highlander. I have a big list, and it is growing.. I posted some pics. I went window shopping at tires yesterday, and was surprised by the price differences between shops and brands. I decided that the first thing I will do, which is what I do with all my new (Second hand) vehicles, is over the next few weekends (when the heat in Melbourne goes away) , I will do the full Oil and Filters change over. That way I know exactly when it was last done properly..

I do have another (one) question, In the Glovebox Guide it says that to replace the fuel filter I need to take it to NISSAN.. Seems like a load of crock to me , but maybe.. Can anyone tell me for sure.. Surely replacing a Fuel Filter isn't that hard.. If it is something I can do myself, then I will need to find it.. Maybe a workshop manual would be a good purchase.

Have a great day Folks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12