OUR VIDEOS GALLERY MEMBER SPONSORSHIP VENDOR SPONSORSHIP

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LED Bar or Traditional Spot Lights.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED Bar or Traditional Spot Lights.

Just wondering what thoughts folks have regarding additional lighting. The beast came without the spotties that were obviously there at some stage, and the standard lighting is well.. just enough..

So I at least want to put something in the holes in the bullbar. :-) I like the look of the FYRLYT Traditional Spotties but have never seen the LED LightBars in action so I thought I would ask..

Maybe BOTH..
    2009 GU6 ST-L TB48DE - BUSHMAN FRIDGE, Tigerz-11 Awning, TITAN DRAWERS, TJM Bullbar, Warn Winch (trying to work out what version, and then find a manual)... Not much else YET ! ! ! But a near endless list of wants.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I would not waste my time with spotlights again. I have HID spotlights and with my LED bar on I can hardly tell that the spotties are on at all. No comparison.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

ghagan (7th February 2014)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What sort of LED Bar do you have? there are a million options :-(
    2009 GU6 ST-L TB48DE - BUSHMAN FRIDGE, Tigerz-11 Awning, TITAN DRAWERS, TJM Bullbar, Warn Winch (trying to work out what version, and then find a manual)... Not much else YET ! ! ! But a near endless list of wants.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,037 Times in 846 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Baja Designs 30inch LED Bar.....the only criticism I have on country driving is the reflection you get off the roadsigns...pretty bright coming back at you

Mic
    GU PATROL 2011 Ti, with goodies...

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghagan View Post
    What sort of LED Bar do you have? there are a million options :-(
    Cheapie exactly the same as all the eBay cheapies. It's a dual row 42" bar. So good.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 22" 5 watt light bar x3 and also a pair of lightforce with a 100w hid kit in them, I can tell when I have my spotties on as they are a spot so they outshine the light bars in the centre, but if I had once choice I think I'd go light a light bar for the driving I do mostly 4x4 than touring but I'm sure the spotties have saved me a roo strike or two.

What driving do you do ?

If its between cheap hid's or cheap light bar get the light bar IMO unless you buy purpose made hid's or buy a quality halogen set and convert them they are sh!t

9. The Following User Says Thank You to megatexture For This Useful Post:

ghagan (7th February 2014)

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,830 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate if your in brisbane I can show you my lights (saw your other post about browns plains)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by megatexture View Post
    Mate if your in brisbane I can show you my lights (saw your other post about browns plains)
    Can you show me?? Your going to glasshouse correct?
    1999 GU DUAL FUEL 4.5 - 2" OME - 33's KM2s - SNORKEL - CUSTOM DINTS.... Goes by the name Candy (the car not me )

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Melbourne now megatexture... Not sure if that's good or bad. Only been 10 years. I should decide soon I guess.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ghagan For This Useful Post:

megatexture (7th February 2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fyrlyt have a pretty awesome output but they would want too as they pull a poo poo load of current and the globes are unique so are therefore expensive and can be hard to get.
    IMHO I would spend the money on LED or HID but I admit the Fyrlyt gear is absolutely top quality

I have two Light bars, one is 180 watt (18 x 10 watt LEDs) on the bar and the other is a 240 Watt (24 x 10 Watt LEDs) on the roof.
    When the roof bar is on it is almost like daylight
    I used to have the 180 watter and two 9 Inch HID's but took the HID's off as they aren't needed at the speeds I cruise at now I have the roof bar

IMHO LED is the probably more suited off road and HID onroad simply due to the relative speeds you are probably doing.
    HID throws a further but narrower illumination path than LED and makes a bigger "contrast" to the sides to the human eye IE the side of the road appears darker because the front is so bright

Having said that it's not a big thing really
    Last edited by the evil twin; 7th February 2014 at 09:56 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to the evil twin For This Useful Post:

ghagan (7th February 2014), MoPatrol (28th February 2014), zaid-m (16th April 2014)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast