User Tag List

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Tigerz 11

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found the customer service great at tigerz11. I use their awning and have put it through the paces. Been under it in all kinds of weather. It still does the same job as the top brands and I can't see any difference to others.
    Don't knock it till you try it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oddkid82 For This Useful Post:

Dales300exc (9th January 2014), Rickie3 (31st March 2014)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,062 Times in 938 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok , so bit of feed back.....

Very happy with my Tigerz roof basket so far, used it lots , including a week on Fraser had it loaded with a fair bit of stuff.

Now, the real reason i came back to this thread, so i was going through my owners manual and came across this.......

As you can see, below 100kg roof limit "includes" the weight of the rack itself, so this is where the tigerz rack shines, at only 35kg for the rack itself, im still left with 64kg of cargo load i can carry

<a href=http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j320/02ard/PatrolcomAvatar-1-1.jpg target=_blank>http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j3...Avatar-1-1.jpg</a>

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 04OFF For This Useful Post:

lhurley (27th March 2014), Rickie3 (31st March 2014), Stropp (27th March 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My twice used grande decided it didnt want to work in revers today doing a pull. Piece of crap.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dales300exc View Post
    My twice used grande decided it didnt want to work in revers today doing a pull. Piece of crap.
    Same thing happened to my mate on his hilux . They blamed it on the way he used the clutch selector, and the fact it wasnt installed by an authorized dealer.
    Long story short, something inside the motor assembly welded it's self together and he got it replaced. The replacement one he got, worked but spools ultra slow both ways and made horrendous noises under load. He wasnt impressed. So 3rd time lucky, hes used it a fair bit and no dramas yet.
    2005 TD42TI

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have such short patience. Cant find the reciept. So guess ill just bin it and buy something else. We will see.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,113 Times in 3,144 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dales300exc View Post
    I have such short patience. Cant find the reciept. So guess ill just bin it and buy something else. We will see.
    Don't give up buddy if it's within warranty period i'm sure they can trace the sale through serial number or something. They are generally pretty good with warranties, from what ive read and heard so, im sure it wouldnt be much hassle getting it fixed or replaced. At the end of the day its still your money, you handed over for something that failed.
    2005 TD42TI

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hodge For This Useful Post:

Bloodyaussie (1st April 2014), Dales300exc (30th March 2014), Rickie3 (31st March 2014)

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were insanely good about it. Sent out another solonoid to try.

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The early winches were bloody good but all the ones from the last couple of years seem to be crap.... I do have one fitted to my car and as soon as I have some decent money saved it will be replaced.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. Going back to the start of last month when I said they sent a solonoid out. They never did. So today after being fed up with a winch that doesnt work properly sitting in my car I thought id rip it out and see what the go was.

The so called "free spool" has been insanely hard since new, to a point where it may as well not have it, so figured id fix that too.

Pulled it all apart, was actually half impressed with the 3 planetarys in the gearbox looking pretty well made. Pull out the last one and the main drive gear, to find a completely failed main drive bearing. All the balls were in the grease surrounding it.

For a 2 pull old winch (not hard pulls by any means) it is pretty much stuffed. I can try and source a bearing but short of that. Its a bin job.

The free spool doesn't work because of the shear bulk amount of grease surrounding it, once the grease was cleaned out it has freed up a bit.

Now I guess I can send tigerz a grumpy email that I probably wont get a response to and if they do it will be, "well you pulled it apart voiding warranty."

Oh well. But I suggest to steer clear.

This was a top of the line grande 12000. Would hate to see the el cheapos.

Id upload photos but that doesnt seem to be working atm.
    Last edited by Dales300exc; 18th May 2014 at 03:17 PM.

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working now
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast