Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Who gets 30k every 3 months?
    politicians
    Getting Older Is Unavoidable, Growing Up Is Optional!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob View Post
    Partial Extract from Article written By Terry McCrann in the Herald Sun on 22/2/2011

Julia Gillard's planned carbon tax is deliberately intended to hurt every Australian.
    Indeed that is its precise point. To force us to pay much higher prices for electricity - so that otherwise unviable forms of generation such as wind ans solar and gas can "compete" with an then replace our longstanding cheap coal-fired power.

I think he has a good point
    If you want more on this subject, Get a Hold of "The Dog and Lemon Guide" although written about cars, has good deal of info on expensive alternative power sources.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once you have installed your solar power system you will be fixing your costs for that electricity for the next 25 years. Since you own your own electricity generation system when the electricity goes up they are not able to pass that rise in utilities bills on to you. With increasing cost of electricity every year, many people are going for residential solar power a system, which in turn helps in reducing cost substantially
    Last edited by angeline; 25th February 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by angeline View Post
    Once you have installed your solar power system you will be fixing your costs for that electricity for the next 25 years. Since you own your own electricity generation system when the electricity goes up they are not able to pass that rise in utilities bills on to you. With increasing cost of electricity every year, many people are going for residential solar power a system, which in turn helps in reducing cost substantially
    Surely that will all depend on how much energy you're feeding back to the grid, most residential properties are only using a 1.5KW system, so for the average house they will still be using more energy than thy will ever be able to feed back. They will still need to pay for the energy that they use per unit price, no matter what ever that unit price may be and I can't see the Energy companies upping their buy back rates for the energy that you give them.

Just my thoughts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by clunk71 View Post
    Surely that will all depend on how much energy you're feeding back to the grid, most residential properties are only using a 1.5KW system, so for the average house they will still be using more energy than thy will ever be able to feed back. They will still need to pay for the energy that they use per unit price, no matter what ever that unit price may be and I can't see the Energy companies upping their buy back rates for the energy that you give them.

Just my thoughts
    You are 100% correct Clunk(what's your handle). A lot of people are being hijacked into installing eexpensive systems that will never pay for themselves. The only true way to have effecient solar power is to have stand alone system with Large Wattage Panels, Strong deep cycle batteries, inverter than can give you 3500Watts at min. Even then you need gas stove and fridge, and go back to twin tub washing machine, and very few modern home entertainment. You lighting would be all flourescent bulbs or 12V.

Ok you think I speak crap, think about this;
    How much did you pay for your solar system?
    How much was the installation?
    How much interest are you paying on the payments for the installed system?
    How many Kw are youfeeding back to the grid?
    How much are you paying per Kw?
    How many Kw are you using?
    So the amount they are paying you is??????

So take your power bill, work out how much you saved by feeding the power grid, and add the systems repayments for the bills period to the power bill. How much did you save this period.

So now you will say that it's a long time investment. But did they tell you that your panels will last at most 10 years? So you will be up for the same amount again with repayments and interest. No trade in and they are recycable but they don,t pay anything for them just like mobile phones.

And they keep promising us more price hikes in electricity costs.

So ?

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finly Owner View Post
    You are 100% correct Clunk(what's your handle). A lot of people are being hijacked into installing eexpensive systems that will never pay for themselves. The only true way to have effecient solar power is to have stand alone system with Large Wattage Panels, Strong deep cycle batteries, inverter than can give you 3500Watts at min. Even then you need gas stove and fridge, and go back to twin tub washing machine, and very few modern home entertainment. You lighting would be all flourescent bulbs or 12V.

Ok you think I speak crap, think about this;
    How much did you pay for your solar system?
    How much was the installation?
    How much interest are you paying on the payments for the installed system?
    How many Kw are youfeeding back to the grid?
    How much are you paying per Kw?
    How many Kw are you using?
    So the amount they are paying you is??????

So take your power bill, work out how much you saved by feeding the power grid, and add the systems repayments for the bills period to the power bill. How much did you save this period.

So now you will say that it's a long time investment. But did they tell you that your panels will last at most 10 years? So you will be up for the same amount again with repayments and interest. No trade in and they are recycable but they don,t pay anything for them just like mobile phones.

And they keep promising us more price hikes in electricity costs.

So ?
    I couldn't agree with you more Tim, it's a total cash cow for the companies........ from distributors, suppliers, electrical wholesale and installers. I almost got panels until I found out that wasn't allowed to feed my own battery bank and live off my own supply.

reckon fart power is the way to go, god knows there's enough people in charge who are full of hot air lmao

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1984 MK Anniversary Model, LWB,SD33,Air-Con,P/S,Straight Body,Minimal Rust.........Not Bad For Free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12