Thread: how to fix no introductions

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "Welcome aboard mate........." is worth a thousand words!!!!! ha ha ha!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloodyaussie For This Useful Post:

NP99 (14th November 2013), Yendor (14th November 2013)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    unfortunately, you cannot stop rude or ignorant people
    and this issue is, I am sure, a head ache for those in-control.
    there are some forums (a patrol club site in UK I went to, you have to Join - and it was £15.00 to join, before you could open the Forum up) that charge to join and access the info.......

maybe when people want access to the Manuals, they have to pay money - via Paypal - and if they have over a certain amount of USABLE posts, not spam, they get the money returned.......
    if you dont like that, pay the $10 off Fleabay for a disk.....

my thoughts
    Tidy Whitey - 99 GU TD42Ti - Diesel Gas, (GUIV Turbo & Intercooler 8Lb boost), 33" Micky T's Baja MTZ's, Dual Batt's, Cargo Barrier, rear draws, HID Super Oscars, winch, Grinch & witch attached and more goodies to come

Thanks
    Thanked 2,210 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    That's a bit different.

If you were just asking someone in the street what the time was you wouldn't reveal information about yourself.

Most people who are asking a genuine (non manually spammers) will start off with a polite hello.

Trust me nothing annoys me more then someone who rudely asks question and expects everyone to jump for them.

If it's not compulsory to post an intro then their not even breaking any rules.
    Once again, I'd say, g'day mate, what time is it, thanks and on my way.....
    Rod, I think we are on the same song sheet.......certainly one day we will meet up and chat.....cheers
    1999 GU 4500 dual fuel

Il dado è tratto

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Think Bob has nailed the answer to ppl with no intro,
    simple NO INTRO ,,NO ANSWER says it all really
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 12,754 Times in 7,160 Posts
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Think Bob has nailed the answer to ppl with no intro,
    simple NO INTRO ,,NO ANSWER says it all really
    I think that's just plain rude and childish in itself........ Sorry but if one thing gets my goat, that's it..... If you can help a person out just bloody help, instead of just saying "you must post up an intro". It's not compulsory to put up an intro, it's the polite thing to do yes but not compulsory. As I said in another thread from a guy asking tyre advice yesterday...... It's a really good way of putting folk off the forum very quickly. Very much the way a certain other forum responds..........
    Stop acting like feckin whining little children and just get back to the fun friendly relaxed forum it is.

Rant over...........

For now

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Clunk For This Useful Post:

AJTich (14th November 2013), Ben-e-boy (14th November 2013), jack (14th November 2013), lhurley (14th November 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (14th November 2013), taslucas (14th November 2013), Winnie (14th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clunk View Post
    I think that's just plain rude and childish in itself........ Sorry but if one thing gets my goat, that's it..... If you can help a person out just bloody help, instead of just saying "you must post up an intro". It's not compulsory to put up an intro, it's the polite thing to do yes but not compulsory. As I said in another thread from a guy asking tyre advice yesterday...... It's a really good way of putting folk off the forum very quickly. Very much the way a certain other forum responds..........
    Stop acting like feckin whining little children and just get back to the fun friendly relaxed forum it is.

Rant over...........

For now
    I agree with you.... for once.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

Clunk (14th November 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    So now the consensus is no intro required if you cant be bothered and just want help.
    Ok by me
    All for helping ppl where possible but I thought Forum rules were for all.

Edit as some take it the wrong way LOL
    Last edited by threedogs; 14th November 2013 at 10:51 AM.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    gee some people got out of the wrong side of the bed today yes your oppinions are well noted
    and yes its a fun and informative forum so lets keep it that way and dont get too personal
    2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 / DIESEL/AUTO /MOONSTONE /pro vent 200
    OH LEATHER IS NICE

Thanks
    Thanked 12,450 Times in 6,269 Posts
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Look at this thread...
    http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forum...l=1#post446791

Poor guy got slammed straight away. Great first impression of the forum hey!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Winnie For This Useful Post:

jack (14th November 2013), MC97GQ (14th November 2013), taslucas (14th November 2013)

a member of the menagerie MC97GQ's Avatar
    Nimmitabel in the deep, deep south of NSW
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As one who came to this place on the back of a google search when I first bought my truck I have some thoughts on this.

I came here looking for the manuals and some answers, and guess what I got both, when I saw the quality of people on this forum I stuck about and then posted an intro and have shared personal information about myself.

I just read the thread from the above link and we should all be disgusted in ourselves and how anal this forum is becoming. The OP asked a reasonable question and got crap, why would he bother coming back.

I get sick of seeing people ask a question and get the standard "use the search feature response". Some times when you do that you have to troll through 20 pages of waffle and shite to get that answer. If you don't know the answer or don't want to be helpful stay the hell out and let someone who is willing to help do so.

Yes it is nice when someone tells us a bit about themselves, but I don't see why it must be compulsory. I for one get sick of having to troll through 3 pages of intros when I hit the what's new button. Sometimes I just want to catch up on what's happening. And I find it funny that the people who are so pent up about intros don't even have the decency to finish a post with their name so we know even that most basic piece of information.

So get over yourselves and your petty hangups and let's get this forum back to what it is supposed to be about, people who love patrols catching up with and helping like minded people.

RANT OVER

Mark
    Proud former owner of a 1997 White GQ TD42 Patrol Cab Chassis with an after market turbo, now with over half a million k's and still going strong, that's had a heart transplant and now not owned by me

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MC97GQ For This Useful Post:

AJTich (14th November 2013), Clunk (14th November 2013), jack (14th November 2013), NissanGQ4.2 (14th November 2013), ozzyboy (14th November 2013), Warwick89 (14th November 2013), Winnie (14th November 2013)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast