Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starting issues 3.0l CRD

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How old is the battery?, and how many CCA does it produce?
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to jumpstart but no luck
    My mates NATS light turns off when you put the key in and turn it - so i think that may be my problem now... going to call nissan and see if i can get a new black ring thing

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Threedogs - not sure how old the battery is it was in the car when i bought it 4 months ago - 670 CCA
    I would assume the mechanics would have checked that it was OK when I took the car to them to investigate the start problem a month ago, but perhaps it has died in the meantime - I am swapping batteries with my mates but now i thin the NATS maybe the problem at the moment - i am not sure if the ring was always like that or damaged when i tried to have a look at it..?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes the security light should turn off when cranking.

It sounds like you IMMU sensor/reader around the ignition switch is faulty.

Do you have a second key you can try? just incase it's a faulty chip in the key?

There is a chance it could be a fault with the your alarm causing this issue with the NATS, depending on how it is wired up........but I would doubt it.

Also I not 100% sure but I think the new IMMU sensor/reader needs to be programmed to your ECU and I think Nissan are the only ones who can do that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg,
    looks as if you may have two issues.
    If you've got head or gasket splits or leakage you'll lose coolant and it may show in the oil in worst case scenarios. I've not seen it myself but I believe it shows as a lighter than usual colour due to the water being fully mixed (emulsified) in the oil. The dip stick may not show it but an oil change with the oil at hot operating temp. should... What effect that has on starting I've no idea but probably not much if any.
    Go with the other blokes on the electrical side but I'd still clean up the hoses and make sure you do not have a coolant problem because in general, thay suck.
    Good luck
    Col

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregsway View Post
    Threedogs - not sure how old the battery is it was in the car when i bought it 4 months ago - 670 CCA
    I would assume the mechanics would have checked that it was OK when I took the car to them to investigate the start problem a month ago, but perhaps it has died in the meantime - I am swapping batteries with my mates but now i thin the NATS maybe the problem at the moment - i am not sure if the ring was always like that or damaged when i tried to have a look at it..?
    you can better assume that the mechanics didn't check the batteries condition nothing like a car yard mechanic not doing his job
    07 crd,,bridgestone 697lt, 2.75 buedesert ex, SOLD theres a lot of my blood, sweat and money in that troll.

92 gq ti tb42efi my brothers gq extractors dual batteries brake controller uhf alloy bullbar SOLD with a heavy heart but gone to a nice young fella

13 y62 the beast that burbles

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Guys - Car is with Nissan as I type, to fix the nats fault. When I get it back i will continue troubleshooting the start issues.

A mechanic friend of mine is suggesting glow plugs which has led to a dead cell in my battery - I will double check the plugs when i get it home, as well as remove the alarm system, and get my mates car back so I can try his batteries - His patrol starts quicker than mine ever has, you turn the key and 1 second later it's running......

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can anyone tell me if when I test the glugs - if i get any resistance does that mean the plug is ok? From what I understand any resistance means it OK.
    Last edited by Gregsway; 6th August 2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,546 Times in 1,116 Posts
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you have a cold start problem that is caused by a faulty glow plug it will be open circuit........replace all of them.

What did Nissan do regarding the NATS?

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nissan have still got it, but quoted $450.75 to replace reader and reprogram both keys.

They said i should get it back tomorrow arvo!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast