Thread: My GQ might be a write off?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,694 Times in 3,135 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liftlid View Post
    tell them you want it fixed, you can also negotiate a price with and without your parts, items that are not included in the deal can be removed, often the assessor will tell you to remove what you want to keep. it could pay you to get an independent quote for the repair so you know what it could cost, could help when negotiating.
    There ya go. If take these steps.
    I think it'll be hard to remove your suspension side though.
    And chassis damage or all body? Might be able to find a rolling shell cheap.

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TBH I want a payout, But not a $1000 payout. Its a rb30 and I want to try get my hands on a 4.2 petrol hopefully

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    They will write it off for sure mate. You will get the Redbook price at least for it mate. You can have a look at that online.

Unbolt what you can but don't be greedy. If the car needs to be towed that's fine but it needs to look like it was capable of being driven prior to the accident ie. needs to have a steering box and drag link but refit the original gear if you still have it.

I have a mate that stripped out his air lockers and diff centers and just bolted it all back up and obviously you could not tell.

Grab a crappy Allot bull bar from somewhere cheap if you want your steel bar.

Don't buy it back, it's a write off and now junk. Not worth rebirthing.

Good luck with your search for a new one
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Ben89 (4th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how insurance companys work though... Does the assessor expect everything thats on the car for eg. Bullbar, Roof rack, Dog cage? And if my car was written off, does it mean I can't drive it anymore at all? All i have to do is wrap a rope around the panel and pull it back a bit from the wheel, They wouldn't be any protruding parts

Thanks
    Thanked 13,558 Times in 6,620 Posts
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The assessor is only looking for the accessories listed on your policy. If you did not list any then take it all off without a second thought. They belong to you.

Roof rack, cargo barrier, seat covers, good sterol, UHF, good wheels and tyres, lift if you have the old suspension, had running gear,

The assessor won't really care.

If they write it off then it goes on a tow track and they wrote you a cheque, you smile, wave and say thanks!

Happy days!
    Its a Nissan! =====> Its a Keeper!! ....... Got a TD42 in it BONUS!! ....... I'm a lucky bugger! I've got 2 of em!
    Check out my Toy --> MudRunnerTD's GQ From the Ground Up

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Dung Beetle View Post
    Wish it was Nissan though, Toyotas just can't keep up with the Pootrol pace.
    The only good thing about an 80 series is..... the front end?? Wrong!!, the Engine?? Wrong!! the Full Time 4WD system?? Wrong!! Its the NissanPatrol.com.au stubby holder fitted over the transfer lever.
    WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MudRunnerTD For This Useful Post:

Ben89 (4th July 2013), BigRAWesty (4th July 2013)

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my GQ was written off, Just Cars offered me $8k minus excess and unfortunately the rest of the year's premium. They asked if I wanted to buy it back (not sure of price) as they were just going to sell it at Pickles. Probably should have, but didn't have the time back then and needed another car ASAP. Got the cheque within a week. All mods covered as told them before hand, although I still lost out on the cost of them (springs, shocks, new 285 tyres). Removed as many bits and pieces as possible (CB radio, drawers, even rear dickie seat, tool kit and jack!).

10. The Following User Says Thank You to patrolmq For This Useful Post:

Ben89 (4th July 2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,694 Times in 3,135 Posts
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 with Mr, it still needs to look drivable.. head to the wreckers quite and buy a few stock parts..

Kallen Westbrook
    Owner of
    Westy's Accessories
    Cheers
    Kallen Westbrook

Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,277 Times in 3,275 Posts
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you need???

Expert
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What area are you in ben ?...I am up not far from Gladstone for the next couple of days until I go north again....I have just taken a chrome front bumper bar off the gq to fit a bullbar...so if you are anywhere near you are welcome to borrow the front bumper bar for the insuranse assessment ...but I would need it back when you are finished...also have the stock springs and shocks...but they are in the bin at the moment until it goes out tonight !!cheers Menace
    Last edited by menace 2; 4th July 2013 at 05:39 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to menace 2 For This Useful Post:

Ben89 (4th July 2013)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the help menace, I'm over in templestowe in melbourne but I've managed to get my old crappy ally bullbar out of the recycle pile, Just need to remember how the brackets worked on it, But thanks for the offer mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12