Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: why this forum?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post

Good question you posed though mate - one that is discussed on here often in general banter. I've been on here for about 4 months, I've since met 6 of the members from here face to face and had a few beers (didn't meet any from the other forum even though there are literally mulitple in my direct area - not through lack of trying either) and I am now organising a trip that is the thick end of 7,000 klms early next year to meet up with more - what more can I say than that regarding the character of the individuals on this forum and the value I place on them and their advice/comments in such a short time.
    Aww Scotty, am i one of those 6 mate. Putting a tear in my eye, feeling the love. Roflol.

Nerok as said above you can go online, ask for tips/advice , opinions , have a laugh, say g'day & always get a response[ comedic or other]. Patrol 4x4 does not have the same interaction or feeling, unless your one of the chosen few.
    Get invoved mate, you'll most likely hang around.
    Watch out there's a Poo "Yota" lurking in the shadows !

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dark 1 For This Useful Post:

AB (10th February 2011), damianovdd (10th February 2011), DX grunt (10th February 2011), Finly Owner (10th February 2011), growler2058 (2nd August 2012), my third 256 (12th February 2011), patch697 (10th February 2011)

3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuf 42 View Post
    Aww Scotty, am i one of those 6 mate. Putting a tear in my eye, feeling the love. Roflol.

Nerok as said above you can go online, ask for tips/advice , opinions , have a laugh, say g'day & always get a response[ comedic or other]. Patrol 4x4 does not have the same interaction or feeling, unless your one of the chosen few.
    Get invoved mate, you'll most likely hang around.
    Actually ... I forgot you!!! ROFLMFAO!!!!!!

Sorry neRok, make that 7!!!! Kelvin (tuf42), Tim (Finly Owner), Tony (YNOT), Dave (dhuck), Ryan (Ryan! lol), Adam (redman), and Tim (cadbury).

I am seriously f¥cking giggling like an infant ... Sorry mate!!!!!!!

Legendary
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,001 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neRok View Post
    hi, just wondering why this forum was started. dont want to cause trouble or anything, but really, why? as far as i see it, it's in direct competition to patrol4x4, it has the same content. but patrol4x4 has got history, its got most of the answers there already. having multiple forums on the same topic isnt really helping anyone, it would be much better off having everyone helping in 1 spot. but now youve got a few knowledgable people here and a few there, whats the point of that?

ps- im talking about tech, not chit-chat.
    Welcome to the forum neRok, it always nice to post an introduction before asking questions, it helps to get everyone on side.

Tony

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to YNOT For This Useful Post:

AB (10th February 2011), Dark 1 (10th February 2011), DX grunt (10th February 2011), Finly Owner (10th February 2011), growler2058 (2nd August 2012), Maxhead (19th February 2011), my third 256 (12th February 2011), NissanGQ4.2 (10th February 2011), patch697 (10th February 2011), wildgu6 (10th February 2011), Woof (10th February 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YNOT View Post
    Welcome to the forum neRok, it always nice to post an introduction before asking questions, it helps to get everyone on side.

Tony
    God youre single minded!!!!! Everyone else missed that based on wanting to get in and respond, but not ole Tony!!!! ... LOL!!!!

neRok - yeah, we encourage everyone to say g'day and tell us a bit about their rig in the introductions section before they set off on other posts - just a courtesy thing ... I've read yours on Patrol4x4 - your rig looks to be a bit of a weapon in the making - is the V8 installed yet?? Throw up some happy snaps mate!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,792 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Beat me to it Tony, well done mate.
    If any members require assistance in anything regarding this forum, just let me know via a PM and I will help you in any way that I can.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,447 Times in 2,546 Posts
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard nerok''''''lots of good ppl on hear and good knowledge

roofy

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The more the merrier I say
    This one is the more touchy feely site (emotively only, do not take that as an invitation Ross) where others are "whose got the biggest B^LL$" type sites
    Both have good contributers, both have good info and both have a search ability.
    Use both or use either, entirely up to you.

Welcome BTW

Paul
    Western Patrol Club member #27
    2.8TD GU --> The Red Rocket

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to RustyNails For This Useful Post:

AB (10th February 2011), Bigrig (10th February 2011), Dark 1 (10th February 2011), DX grunt (10th February 2011), growler2058 (2nd August 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (10th February 2011), Woof (10th February 2011)

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well its been good hearing some opinions on the matter, i remember spotting this forum when it was infant and thought 'why' back then. ive only signed up today to give some better service manuals, thought i may as well pose the question. unfortunately i dont have much time for forums these days, so ill stick to the ones i know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigrig View Post
    yeah, we encourage everyone to say g'day and tell us a bit about their rig in the introductions section before they set off on other posts - just a courtesy thing ... I've read yours on Patrol4x4 - your rig looks to be a bit of a weapon in the making - is the V8 installed yet?? Throw up some happy snaps mate!!
    yer thats me. v8s poised but not in. big tip for anyone playing at home, finish one car before starting another, or another 2 lol.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neRok For This Useful Post:

AB (10th February 2011), growler2058 (2nd August 2012), patch697 (10th February 2011)

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good 1 neRoK,

Quickly quickly rattle the cage before the monkey wakes !!!

Dont see a harm having many forums,whats it hurt ???
    Im only new on this site and many contacts have been made and invites have been directed personally at me for events
    Oops ,when was the last time people were personally asked ,rather than "where havin a meet ,whos comin " ??? on patrol4x4
    Its a totally different atmosphere and definately more social/friendly

Im on four Ford forums as well and my knowledge on them is alot less than Patrols
    But ya never can stop learning

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MQ MAD For This Useful Post:

AB (10th February 2011), Bigrig (10th February 2011), Finly Owner (10th February 2011), growler2058 (2nd August 2012), NissanGQ4.2 (10th February 2011)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neRok View Post
    i dont have much time for forums these days, so ill stick to the ones i know.
    Does that mean u won't be sticking around on this one???? Will post my reply in regards 2 your original Q when i get a chance
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast