Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Kelly's wagon

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading out to city view 4x4 park this arvo for a camp over. Dropped the diff oil out this morning and replaced it, was a little sludgy.. also put longer diff breather hoses on.

So if anyone else is heading out to city view this weekend keep an eye out for the purple, black troll and come say hi.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the alternator is shot. Replaced the fuel tank on the weekend to stop the leak that had developed around the fuel pump. Was losing a bit of fuel.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    waiting on the right alternator, have had problems getting the wrong one last time I got one- second hand one. So no surprise this time when my mate ordered one, got it here only to discover it was wrong. So this time sent the original one up with the new one, so they could match it up.
    Cant believe the mark up on these things but, trade price (hence a mate getting it for me) $175, retail price (listed on the reciept) $359.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,882 Times in 3,232 Posts
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Dropped the patrol into pedders last week to see what was needed as the steering is a little all over the place. And the bloke who i got it off had put the 4inch lift kit under it and thats about all he did (shocks and springs)

Have since spent many hours looking at cheaper ways to fix her up ( quote from pedders was about $1600- that was for bushes and not the panhard rods and drag link)
    Got a new steering damper for it.
    Bought a polytuff bush kit off ebay with castor correction. Took the radius arms out at a mates place and took em into pedders to get the new bushes pressed in. Gunna chuck em back in this arvo.
    Tie rod ends need doing, there is no rear sway bar ( and its missing a bracket) it needs adjustable panhard rods (any info on brands/ prices and what to avoid with these appreciated) then there is a drag link also needed. Oh and the brake fluid needs replacing.
    Might pay to get rid of the poly crap and use rubber with drop boxes, from what I have read and been told poly is crap compared to rubber and anything over a 2 or 3 inch lift your better of staying away from castor correction anyway.
    Time is never wasted when your wasted all the time

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4b used as it should be

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still working on the alternator...sent the original up with the one that didnt fit, they matched the codes on it, and it got here and didnt fit :/ so sent that one back and got a second hand one from a skyline. Had the pulley changed and got the plugs wired up so i can connect em. Now the big problems are: need to find a test light to make sure i plug em in right, and there is a little unit on the back with an earth wire that was attached, but the new one looks like it has one permanently attached, then there are the other 2 wires that go to it, and cause it doesnt look the same as the old one im well confused as to which wire goes where lol. On a positive note, its easy enough to get the alternator itself in and out, just this damn wiring has me stumped....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Post your alternator wiring question up in the electrical section, Im sure a few of the blokes here could help you out, but might not see it here it
    Last edited by NissanGQ4.2; 27th June 2013 at 10:21 AM.

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people and damage property.

Advanced
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the alternator drama continues..... got the wiring sorted for what goes where, but one terminal was a little small to fit over, so took the drill to it and made the whole bigger. There was also a little bush that goes where to long bolt goes and was spaced out about 2 ml, so after an hour of where is my angle grinder, i took it to a welding shop and got them to remove the excess. now for some unknown reason( i know the tensioner is in the right spot after mucking round with one in the wrong spot i checked first) but cant seem to get the belt back on, and while working on the wiring i dropped the smallest bolt somewhere onto the ground, in a lot of leaves,..... packed tools up and poured a drink. but its half in- sort of...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a magnet ( the bigger the better ) and run it over the grass and you might get lucky

Patrol Freak
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cool rig bro................

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast