Patrol God
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,117 Times in 3,145 Posts
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollofish View Post
    Hi Hodge, yeap I have tinted windows but the reception was crap before I had it added. Nissan tried to tell me that was the issue but the problem was there before, also it's a non metallic tint. The XTrail had exactly the same tint and the reception was great, but it had a small external aerial.
    Nah good to hear mate, i just thought i'd throw it out there in case it actually is the cause. And mate of mine today with a 2004 gu, actually confirmed what the tine place said, his am reception went to shithouse when tint was applied to that window.
    2005 TD42TI

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Thanked 9,963 Times in 7,394 Posts
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Confused over this now Yendor may know of earth position.
    My 04 model has wires in 3 windows 2 rear are for heater/demistor but only one works
    even though both show power to them. Someone said rear left cargo window was demistor too
    Not sure anymore,so confused, isnt earth visible near glass rubber on inside.
    04 ST 3lt auto, not enough Mods to keep me happy, but getting there

Thanks
    Thanked 6,640 Times in 3,287 Posts
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by threedogs View Post
    Confused over this now Yendor may know of earth position.
    My 04 model has wires in 3 windows 2 rear are for heater/demistor but only one works
    even though both show power to them. Someone said rear left cargo window was demistor too
    Not sure anymore,so confused, isnt earth visible near glass rubber on inside.
    hiya 3D

You were right the first time

Rear left window is an onglass radio antenna and forms the 'other' half of the diversity antenna set up.
    It is used in japan but is not useful for australian freq's. The connection of the two antennas (up to GU7 I think) being the powered mast and the fixed onglass is in the passenger footwell then a common feed goes to the head unit

If you check it out closely there is no circuit like the demister wires IE the wire has one feed connector and the other just ends in free air.

A mod that works maybe 90% of the time esp with el cheapo aftermarket head units to improve radio reception is to earth the coax of the antenna lead to the radio
    Last edited by the evil twin; 29th May 2013 at 07:41 PM.
    Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure where the aerial earth is, will try and have a look. cheers

Beginner
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had it in for a warranty job. Technician's advised that the system is not good in any fringe reception area. Doesn't seem concerned and maybe I should be content with an inferior radio!!! My wife isn't that keen on Bob Dylan and Neil Young CD's, pitty! cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12